• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Freightquote.com Shipping Module Support

dynamoeffects

This is the support thread for the official Freightquote.com shipping module. The module can be downloaded here: http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/7364

Please report all bugs and feature requests at GitHub: http://github.com/Dy...-for-osCommerce

Edited by dynamoeffects

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

• 2 weeks later...

1054 - Unknown column 'products_freightquote_enable' in 'field list'

SELECT products_freightquote_enable,products_freightquote_class,products_freightquote_length,products_freightquote_width,products_freightquote_height,products_freightquote_nmfc,products_freightquote_hzmt,products_freightquote_package_type,products_freightquote_commodity_type,products_freightquote_content_type FROM products WHERE products_id = 1095 LIMIT 1

Can you please post the SQL to update the database. I'm feeling too lazy to reverse engineer it.

I'm willing to help modify this for MVS if you want. I have a small amount of familiarity with the mods needed. :-"

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

I should have mentioned that your embedded table mods failed because my database is set to read/write only. You might add a warning for those of us who practice basic security. Anyway, I did the mods manually, so ignore the post.

Regards

Jim

• 3 weeks later...

For anyone else with the same database update issue as kymation, the code to do a manual database update can be found here: http://wiki.github.com/DynamoEffects/Freightquote.com-for-osCommerce/manual-database-update

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

I have the module installed and testing was working fine, but now I am receiving this error: "The pickup date 5/31/2010 is not a date our carriers service. Please select a regular business day for pickup"

I am logged in as : [email protected]

Pass: XML

Service type: LTL

Any thoughts?

If you're in the US, that date is a holiday. Maybe Freightquote recognizes that and does not consider it a business day. If that's the case, the solution is going to be messy.

Regards

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

I added this module and have all my products enabled for it and weights set and nothing shows up when I reach the shipping info in the shopping cart. No error - the shipping method text shows up, but the box the quote is supposed to go is empty. Any thoughts? Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

It sounds like cURL isn't working on your server. Contact your host's support channel and make sure that cURL is installed and accessible from your account.

• 4 weeks later...

For anyone else with the same database update issue as kymation, the code to do a manual database update can be found here: http://wiki.github.com/DynamoEffects/Freightquote.com-for-osCommerce/manual-database-update

just tried your solution, but i got this message

Error Code: 1146

Table 'geo4wdparts_magento.orders' doesn't exist

looking at the magento tables I noticed that the orders table doesn't exist , we are using Magento ver. 1.3.2.4

hope you can give me a hand.

-Andres

• 1 month later...

Any Freightquote account used with this interface must first be activated for API access. If you are getting an "Invalid username or password" message when requesting a quote from Freightquote using this module, this is likely the cause. Call Freightquote at 800.323.5441 and request activation of your account. I spoke to CariAnn Steward at x1574; others may also be able to do this.

• 2 months later...

I've modified this module to work with MVS. The download can be found here, and the support thread is here.

Thanks to Freightquote and Brian Burton for the original module.

Regards

Jim

• 4 months later...

I got the above issue fixed that I mentioned but now I have another problem...

It sounds like cURL isn't working on your server. Contact your host's support channel and make sure that cURL is installed and accessible from your account.

I'm having the same information and when I go to check the server information it says...

CURL support enabled

CURL Information libcurl/7.15.5 OpenSSL/0.9.8o zlib/1.2.3 libidn/0.6.5

And when in the checkout screen with debug on it says...

Freightquote.com

DEBUG: No shipping rates or errors were returned from Freightquote.com, so no shipping option is being returned.

Edited by ZachMayfield

• 2 months later...

Wow,This is how we are going to have to ship our stores products is with ltl freight and we have decided to use freightquote for integrating shipping into oscart.Now I dont have to figure it all out for myself.Thank You for this thread.Im sure it will save me a day or two looking for answers.

• 11 months later...

Is anyone still using this contribution. I cannot get this contribution to work at all. All I get is a invalid password/username error.

And one rep at freightquote states my account is enabled for API use...

Edited by Pr0ject

• 1 year later...

It sounds like you made a mistake in editing your admin/categories.php, probably in the top part of that file. Check your edits carefully. A comparison program (such as Meld) will help a lot.

Regards

Jim

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

I have just learned that Freightquote now limits the use of this module to 100 quotes per month, making the module useless.

Regards

Jim

I've been using freightquote successfully for a few months now.  If you show that you have a need for more than 100 quotes a month, they will up the limits.  I'm a happy customer!  The best part is its free :)

• 5 months later...

So I've been using this module for 9 or so months now and I can't complain... it is serving my needs since I deal mostly with large freight.

However, i have found one bug I was hoping someone could help me with.  If a customer mistakenly types in an invalid zip code, after 1 minute freightquote times out and returns an error.  This error is handled correctly in the freightquote.php module, however, with the error is passed back to checkout_shipping.php, it appears to simply call "tep_session_unregister('shipping'); 

At that point the checkout_shipping.php page is simply stuck.  No error message to the customer letting them know they entered in an invalid zip code.

SO... my question is this:

1) Is there a way to validate a zip code when entered?

OR

2) Is there a way to handle this more gracefully and simply print a message to the screen letting the customer know what is going on?

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Edited by phi148

That's a tough one. The module is doing what it should when it gets an error, but osCommerce is not being helpful. I believe that the module could be modified to push out a message, but I haven't tried to do this.

Checking the Zip code is also tricky. There is a USPS interface for address checking, but it requires a lot of work to set up, and there is no osCommerce module to do this. it would be possible, but would take a lot of coding. Probably easier to get the module to spit out a real error message.

Regards

Jim

• 2 months later...

So as of now, the freightquote shipping module only returns the "cheapest" rate.  Has anyone modfied it to display all the rates returned from the various carriers?  This would allow the customer to select which option they want, as shipping time in transit can vary between carriers.