osCommerce

The e-commerce.

? Cart redirecting to home page ?

bryanmurray

Currently:

1. Customer finds an item to purchase and clicks "Add to cart"

2. Item is added to cart

3. User is redirected to the home page to continue shopping

What I want to do is have the customer return to the category they were shopping in when they clicked "add to cart" not redirect to the home page.

Thanks in advance!

Bryan Murray

Go to your Admin-->Configuration. Select Display Cart After Adding Product and set to false. This will redirect them to where they were.

Go to your Admin-->Configuration. Select Display Cart After Adding Product and set to false. This will redirect them to where they were.

I have that set, however after adding to the cart it goes to "New Products" and not the category I added it from.

I have that set, however after adding to the cart it goes to "New Products" and not the category I added it from.

I need this issue solved as well. I want to continue wherever I am on the site, since the shop is on a subdomain and I want product to be custom linked on my main site. If people are browsing the main site and click to purchase something I want it to continue shopping where they are and not on the subdomain.

Nick

• 3 weeks later...

hi there... I have the same problem.. when they click on continue shopping it takes them to NEW PRODUCTS.. is there a way ... even if its with a javascript to take them back to the page the were shopping on??? Can anybody direct us... to this page where we can edit the code???? thanks in advance...

I have set this "Go to your Admin-->Configuration. Select Display Cart After Adding Product and set to false. This will redirect them to where they were."

But still it goes to the NEW PRODUCTS page??? is there a way to redirect it to the previous page where they were shipping from ???

Archived