• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Google Base feeds

Hi there,

Love the contribution, had this working for quite some time until I installed the latest update of SEO urls (or what was the latest FWR's update earlier this year http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/2823) and i didn't realise for quite a while but it has broken this contribution, the output file is just blank.

Here is the output of my file now

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META content="text/html; charset=windows-1252" http-equiv=Content-Type></HEAD>
<BODY></BODY></HTML>

Has anyone else had the same problem and maybe come across a solution?

Thanks

Dave

I'm using ultimate seo urls and header tags

define('SEO_ENABLED','true'); if I set it to true googlebase.php gives this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function tep_not_null() in /home/n8tdbsl6/public_html/includes/classes/seo.class.php on line 1106

When i set it to false i get for every product I get something like this:

I've manually updated it to google base and received an email:

any idea how to have it fixed?

I would say you have commas in your descriptions and google is thinking those are the field separators.

Check what you have set in google_base.php and change the settings in google from auto detect to what you are actually using.

As for the seo, see my previous posts. I suspect someone has made changes to reflect their requirements and uploaded that in one of their updates, but I could be wrong (and often am)

G

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

hi just installed the update and set the configuration correctly. but when i try to view the TXT file i get:

"

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

"

http://www.countybatteryservices.co.uk/froogle.txt

Any body got any ideas why it is crashing the server?

What does it say in the server log?

G

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

What does it say in the server log?

G

countybatteryservices.co.uk: [19/Apr/2010:15:49:06 +0100] 86.11.201.214 - - "GET /froogle.txt HTTP/1.1" 500 557 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US) AppleWebKit/532.5 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/4.1.249.1045 Safari/532.5"

Do you redirect /froogle.txt to google_base.php?

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

• 1 month later...

hello...i installed this contribution..

set up google base...then schedule for data feed...

now the thing is that till now there has been no change in status, its still "none" so i want to know that how can we see that installation went well..

• 2 weeks later...

I was really excited when I saw a simple, one file install. Oh well, nothing is easy.

I am getting the error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function tep_href_link() in ..\googlebase.php on line 343

Which is refering to line:

$output .= tep_href_link($productURL,$productParam . $row->id) . $Separator;

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Thanks for the contrib, but i am having a few little issues...

I have installed as instructed and have added the rewrite to the htaccess file bit i get file cannot be found when i try to access it directly?

this is what my error log says:

petsandpals.co.uk [Tue Jul 06 14:26:13 2010] [error] [client ***.***.***.***] File does not exist: /home/sites/petsandpals.co.uk/public_html/base.txt

I have this at the end of my htaccess file:

#############################

# Begin Google Base File Rewrite Code

RewriteRule base.txt googlebase.php

# End Google Base File Rewrite Code

and the googlebase.php is in my root directory. i have setup the googlebase feed a few days ago with google and its still says status none and last upload none??

please help and so i can get my products listed.

Many thanks - Mark

i am also having problem like bowen who posted his question yesterday - my haccess file is in the root directory and i have the following:

RewriteBase /

RewriteRule gamaitFeed.txt googlebase.php

so as you see i addedd the line RewriteBase / because it wasnt there initially.

when i go to www.gamait.co.uk/gamaitFeed i get that the page can not be found

how can i access the text file so if i want to do manual uplaod i can do it?

please tell me what could go worong?

As i couldnt get this working despite my efforts i have now resorted to 'the feed machine solution v5.3'

its a little more involved in setup that this single file install, but at least it works and my products are not listed in google products. you can also config for other feeds as well.

As i couldnt get this working despite my efforts i have now resorted to 'the feed machine solution v5.3'

its a little more involved in setup that this single file install, but at least it works and my products are not listed in google products. you can also config for other feeds as well.

do you mean that your products are listed in google products or NOT listed - if it is not listed then why do i bother to do the addon of 'the feed machine solution v5.3'

i am also having problem like bowen who posted his question yesterday - my haccess file is in the root directory and i have the following:

RewriteBase /

RewriteRule gamaitFeed.txt googlebase.php

so as you see i addedd the line RewriteBase / because it wasnt there initially.

when i go to www.gamait.co.uk/gamaitFeed i get that the page can not be found

how can i access the text file so if i want to do manual uplaod i can do it?

please tell me what could go worong?

Instead of going to http://www.gamait.co.uk/gamaitFeed

go to http://www.gamait.co.uk/gamaitFeed.txt

do you mean that your products are listed in google products or NOT listed - if it is not listed then why do i bother to do the addon of 'the feed machine solution v5.3'

Sorry...hit the wrong key and didnt check it..trying to type too quick :huh:

Should be my products are NOW listed in google products instead of not ;)

sorry for the confusion.

yes thanks i got the link , but please one question is can i do manual upload because i can not find the gamaitFeed.txt file in my root directory - where can i find the gamaitFeed.txt file?

also in this addon it seem that no mention of the FTP login details for google marchent center ftp upload for the data feed

Sorry...hit the wrong key and didnt check it..trying to type too quick :huh:

Should be my products are NOW listed in google products instead of not ;)

sorry for the confusion.

thanks for your replay BUT i have a problem in google base it tell me that my products are entred

but in google merchent center it tell me that my feed is disapproved - I cant understand why - please help me with this issue

yes thanks i got the link , but please one question is can i do manual upload because i can not find the gamaitFeed.txt file in my root directory - where can i find the gamaitFeed.txt file?

also in this addon it seem that no mention of the FTP login details for google marchent center ftp upload for the data feed

I do not think you will find that file in your root directory because it is built when you go to that page by your googlebase.php file.

If you want to upload the file manually, go to that URL in Firefox, copy the whole text, paste it into TextPad or notepad or whatever, and save it. Then go to your Google Merchant Center, click Data Feeds on the left and click manual upload and find that file you just saved.

Good luck

• 2 months later...

Ive tried a manual update to see if the feed is correct but this is what im getting

Feed status summary for gbase_feed.txt

No items inserted - Processed on 18-Sep-2010 20:44 BST

Detected encoding: UTF-16LE

Detected delimiter: Pipe (|)

Detected file format: Text

Feed-Level Messages

Error: Missing header row - Error

Please make sure that the first line of your feed includes our predefined attributes

I am lifting the code from the googlebase.php file once I have pointed my browser to it, the data settings are pipe in both googlebase and in the php file, Ive also tried both quoted fields as Yes and No

heres a sample of the first few lines:

link|title|description|expiration_date|price|image_link|genre|id|weight|manufacturer|mpn|payment_accepted|product_type|currency|location|tax|quantity|brand|condition|age_range|made_in

heres a sample of the first few lines:

link|title|description|expiration_date|price|image_link|genre|id|weight|manufacturer|mpn|payment_accepted|product_type|currency|location|tax|quantity|brand|condition|age_range|made_in

I only see the header line. Is there a <CR> at the end of the line and the first item starts on the next line?

Community Bootstrap Edition, Edge

Avoid the most asked question. See How to Secure My Site and How do I...?

Funnily enough I just set one of these up today as a tab delimited file and it worked fine.

Here are the headers and first line if you want to check the mandatory fields are there.

link title description expiration_date price image_link genre id weight manufacturer mpn payment_accepted product_type currency location tax quantity brand condition age_range made_in 
http://www.xxxx.com/100d-remote-control-searchlight-p-1.html ACR RCL-100D 12V Remote Control Searchlight Product No. 1930.3 (12V)/ 1931.3 (24V) Remote Controlled Searchlight 200,000 candela Internal, elevation mechanism, provides pitch control of spotlight beam; protects elevation mechanism from weather Includes a fingertip remote control Point Pad; up to three remote Point Pad units may be installed on system; surface/flush mount options included Rugged triple-primed and sealed, marine grade aluminum housing Wiring harness 15 ft (4.57 m) length Salt water-resistant construction with nylon and phenolic washers, aluminized stainless steel screws with insulating lubricant Application: Sport yachts, mega-yachts, sport fish and commercial vessels Size: 8.0 x 9.0 x 8.0 in (20.3 x 22.9 x 20.3 cm) Weight: 7.2 lbs (3.2 kg) Material: Rugged triple-primed and sealed, marine grade aluminum housing Color: White Operation: Remote controlled Accessories: Universal Remote Control Point Pad for remote control with install kit - P/N 9283.3 55W/12V Halogen lamp - P/N 6001 55W/24V Halogen lamp - P/N 6003 12V searchlight only - P/N 1925 24V searchlight only - P/N 1926 Beam Angle: 5° vertical, 7° horizontal Elevation Angle: 9° up, 17° down Rotation: 360° Rotation Speed: Fast 28° per second, Slow 18° per second Elevation Speed: 2°-7° per second - (12VDC) 5°-8° per second - (24VDC) Lamp: High intensity 55W Halogen Limited Warranty: 1 year Carton Dimensions: 13.0 x 21.0 x 10.0 in (33.0 x 53.0 x 25.4 cm) Units per Carton: 1 Carton Weight: 14.0 lbs (6.3 kg) 2010-10-19 908.84 http://www.xxxxx.com/images/10001.gif Electrical , Spot & Flood Lights 1 14.00 Gms. ACR Electronics ACR Paypal,Visa,MasterCard,WireTransfer Spot & Flood Lights USD yyyyyyy,zz zzzzzz,USA ::0:n 1 ACR Electronics New 20-90 USA 

HTH

G

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

All of mine so far have been tab delimited as well. Funny thing, about a month an a half ago one feed quite working after 9 months or so of working just fine. Never did fix it. Had to delete it and start over with a different name.

Community Bootstrap Edition, Edge

Avoid the most asked question. See How to Secure My Site and How do I...?

• 4 weeks later...

Heres the first line along with the product, thats taking it directly off the googlebase.php file

link|title|description|expiration_date|price|image_link|genre|id|weight|manufacturer|mpn|payment_accepted|product_type|currency|location|tax|quantity|brand|condition|age_range|made_in http://modelshopbelfast.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=2439|Silverfox IR Steam Generating Van Kit only|Silverfox Steam Generating Van Kit only. The image shown represents the finished kit|2010-11-24|43.50|http://modelshopbelfast.co.uk/images/ie_gsv_later.jpg|Railways, Irish and Local|2439|0.00 Gms.|Silverfox||Paypal,Visa,MasterCard,WireTransfer|Irish and Local|GBP|modelshopbelfast.com, 38 Queen Street Belfast, Northern Ireland, BT1 6EF|::0:n|1|Silverfox|New|5-90|UK

looking at the source code I get this:

http://modelshopbelfast.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=2439|Silverfox IR Steam Generating Van Kit only|Silverfox Steam Generating Van Kit only. The image shown represents the finished kit|2010-11-24|43.50|http://modelshopbelfast.co.uk/images/ie_gsv_later.jpg|Railways, Irish and Local|2439|0.00 Gms.|Silverfox||Paypal,Visa,MasterCard,WireTransfer|Irish and Local|GBP|modelshopbelfast.com, 38 Queen Street Belfast, Northern Ireland, BT1 6EF|::0:n|1|Silverfox|New|5-90|UK

It is breaking it down into seperate lines ok but there are only 2352 lines in the source code (meaning its only picking up 2522 products) when ive well over 10,000 products

any ideas?