• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Pleas can anyone help eith my customer and product discounts

rickd

We would like to offer different discounts as a percentage of the ex VAT retail price to various customer types ie

On the customer header we would like to add a ?customer field? ie

Type ?1? = End User The description (End User) is a manual entry for descriptive purposes only in each case

Type ?2? = other user type ie retail shop

Type ?3? = other user type ie UK distributor

Type ?4? = other user type ie Export distributor

Type ?5? = other user type ie other buyer type

And so on

On the stock header discounts would be set up as follows

Type ?1? = 0% this discount is a manual entry in each case

Type ?2? = 20%

Type ?3? = 30%

Type ?4? = 40%

Type ?5? = 50%

And so on

Perhaps this could be done by product group

We would add the customer type manually once the customer has set up an account and we have verified that they are the business type they say they are. Once this is done a User of type one would get no discount from any group, on the other had a user of type 4 would get the discount applicable the stock group set up for a type 4 user (in the case above 40%)

i'm looking for the same thing dude... percentage discount based on wholesale type.

i have a wholesale type a, b, c, d, e. i will assign each customer a different type. for each group i need to apply a percentage discount to whatever they buy.

ex.

a = 10% off

b = 20% off

etc.

thanks, any help would be appreciated,

cwdmark

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Has anyone got this mod working with OSC-MS1 ?

It seems to have gone on ok, and the store still seems to work, display prices in all sections etc, (i.e it hasn't broke anything) but I'm not seeing the changes to the admin section when I try to edit a product.

Many Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi all,

Got it working on OSC2.2MS1, however you must download all the fixes as well, see the contribution page, and also fix products_listing.php as directed in another post (search for "pricing per customer", it's under the subject heading "Seperate pricing per customer default.php", sorry don't know how to do the link to thread thingy majigy).

Only problem left is the products_new.php error:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected '}' in /var/www/html/catalog/includes/modules/products_new.php on line 38

What I did was disabled the arrow inside the "What's New" infobox so that no-one will go there.

I know it's not perfect but better than customers seeing an error huh?

Regards

Hi all,

Only problem left is the products_new.php error:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected '}' in /var/www/html/catalog/includes/modules/products_new.php on line 38

There is most likely a semi-colon missing in the line before that curly bracket.... post a snippet of the code around that line so we can see :shock:

Archived