• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Product Title

mifzal.mufthi

Whenever I add new products and type something lengthy on the PRODUCT NAME field, some texts go missing on the catalog page. You may refer to this page http://vdeals.hostoi.com/shoplk/product_info.php?cPath=35&products_id=71 where it reads up to "Flashl" and it should be "Flashlight"

Please help me to fix it.

The default length is 64 characters, if you want longer then adjust in the products table with phpMyAdmin.

Go to your phpMyAdmin, must be a link to it somewhere in your cpanel

Select your database

Select table products_description from the list on the left

Select the table field products_name from the list on the right

Click on "edit" (pencil symbol)

Change the field "lenght/value" to ie 128

Go to your phpMyAdmin, must be a link to it somewhere in your cpanel

Select your database

Select table products_description from the list on the left

Select the table field products_name from the list on the right

Click on "edit" (pencil symbol)

Change the field "lenght/value" to ie 128

Thank you. You're a genius

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you. You're a genius

Also, When I browse for files such as "SHIPPING.PHP", "CONDITIONS.PHP" using my ftp client, they are available. However, on my real store (www.onlineam.com), none of them indicate on the main page except "SPECIAL, SEARCH, CONTACT US" etc. How do I make "SHIPPING, CONDITIONS" visible to my customers?

Since you have a template, first place to ask would be the template provider, since I didn't made the template you use I can only tell you how things would be in a regular osCommerce installation

Those links are normally all included id a box located in includes/boxes/information.php Do you have this file? If yes, then check if its contents are links to the pages you need

Next, this box is supposed to appear in the left column by default. This happens in by "requiring" it in the file includes/column_left.php. Find this file and check if it has the line

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'information.php');

Since you have a template, first place to ask would be the template provider, since I didn't made the template you use I can only tell you how things would be in a regular osCommerce installation

Those links are normally all included id a box located in includes/boxes/information.php Do you have this file? If yes, then check if its contents are links to the pages you need

Next, this box is supposed to appear in the left column by default. This happens in by "requiring" it in the file includes/column_left.php. Find this file and check if it has the line

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'information.php');

Yes, I have the file called includes/boxes/information.php and what should I do with this file?

Yes, even I find the file includes/column_left.php and the line require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'information.php') what should I do with this

How do I fix these issues?

Archived