• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal Express Checkout and Website Payments Pro (Official Payment Module)

PayPal_AnthonyH

I have a common problem.

Checkout with direct payment works fine.

Checkout with paypal express loses the customer information and tax info.

Transactions go through fine, but the issue seems to be when the customer returns to my website, then all the other info seems to be gone.

Customers are getting tax free transactions.

Please help

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I saw a problem with the recurring payment for the existing products. I installed this module with products already in my store. When updating the product type to 'recurring', no data will be added to 'paypal_rp_product_profile' table.

I fixed this in admin/categories.php. In line 318, replace:

tep_db_perform(TABLE_RP_PAYPAL_PRODUCT_PROFILE, $sql_data_array);

with:

$rp_rs = tep_db_query('SELECT * FROM ' . TABLE_RP_PAYPAL_PRODUCT_PROFILE . ' WHERE products_id = ' . (int)$products_id);
$numR = tep_db_num_rows($rp_rs);
if($numR < 1){
   $sql_data_array['products_id'] = (int)$products_id;
   tep_db_perform(TABLE_RP_PAYPAL_PRODUCT_PROFILE, $sql_data_array);
}else{
   tep_db_perform(TABLE_RP_PAYPAL_PRODUCT_PROFILE, $sql_data_array, 'update', "products_id = '" . (int)$products_id . "'");
}

I hope this helps and please let me know if this is correct.

No information seems to be sent to PayPal from the PayPal express checkout. I can make a purchase and click on the big buy now button. (If not logged in it will prompt me to do so). Then I am forwarded to the PP website but I cannot see any details of the transaction. Clicking continue returns me to the checkout page on the OSC with an error message telling me I haven't selected a payment method. I know that the PayPal is returning data to the OSC because I can see my business name in the OSC after I've been through PayPal.

This seems to be a similar problem that cda was having before but I'm not sure if his solution really is appropriate. The way I read it, on his site the PayPal express button fails in the same way mine does and then the customer is returned to the OSC where they choose the alternative PayPal method and process the payment that way.

I'm not sure which version I am using as I have just taken over this site from someone else so I've included a file marker -

$Id: express.php 1803 2008-01-11 18:16:37Z hpdl $

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

I have just installed PayPal Express Checkout and Website Payments Pro (Official Payment Module) in my Oscommerce

Question:

1. How can I make my products have a recurring attribute(1-Month/1-Week/etc) and checkout it as a recurring payment in this Module.

Hello Guys,

I thought this thread is being monitored?

I have just installed PayPal Express Checkout and Website Payments Pro (Official Payment Module) in my Oscommerce

Question:

1. How can I make my products have a recurring attribute(1-Month/1-Week/etc) and checkout it as a recurring payment in this Module.

• 2 months later...

hi all, great this online shopping lark !!

I've got this error ..

1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_type' in 'field list'

select p.products_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, p.products_model, p.products_quantity, p.products_image, pd.products_url, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, p.products_date_added, p.products_date_available, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_type from products p, products_description pd where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = '201' and pd.products_id = p.products_id and pd.language_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

I found a thread that contained this error, but could not rectify the issue, I've reloaded the paypal to no avail, the whole silence from paypal is most frusttraing, can anyone help with a suggestion to get it working.

your in desperation - thanks

Edited by HiTbaoo

• 1 year later...

i also have same issue but mine is 2.2 RC2a, i am using paypal express check out module on sand box when customer goes to paypal and changes shipping address there ,and on return to confirm order though shop(website) picks up the changed address but does NOT add taxes..!!!

Intrestingly paypal page display taxes along with rest of order details correcty ( on left side box) but after return does not pass back taxes based on zone ( address)

Any help please ...