osCommerce

The e-commerce.

KissMT Dynamic SEO Meta & Canonical Header Tags

FWR Media

Hello,

My homepage doesn't have any keywords.

just

<meta name="keywords" content="">

Keywords on all the other pages look great.

am I supposed to manually specify the keywords for index.php

I don't know where to set them and and I have read the

Getting the Most Out of KissMT Dynamic SEO Meta Tags Base Install

Thanks,

Alex

Have another issue. After doing the the optional_extras, I get a blank page whenever I click admin -> catalog. But once I remove the three changes, then I can access the catalog module. It's an easy install, did try it three times, and all with the same results.

For what its worth, when I experienced this problem with other modules it was down to my version of php not being up to date

Hello,

just

Thanks,

Alex

You need to edit the includes > languages > yourlanguage > index.php file

You need to edit the includes > languages > yourlanguage > index.php file

Thanks,

but that doesn't work for me. It's maybe because I'm running STS. I followed these instructions from previous post in this thread to get KissMT working with STS. Any other STS users out there getting <meta name="keywords" content=""> on their homepage?

Step 1 Edit file includes/modules/sts_inc/sts_user_code.php

add

$sts->start_capture();

include(DIR_WS_MODULES . 'kiss_meta_tags/kiss_meta_tags.php');

$sts->stop_capture('kissmeta');

after first <?php and before

$sts->start_capture();

echo "\n<!-- Start Category Menu -->\n";

echo tep_draw_form('goto', FILENAME_DEFAULT, 'get', '');

echo tep_draw_pull_down_menu('cPath', tep_get_category_tree(), $current_category_id, 'onchange="this.form.submit();"');

echo "</form>\n";

echo "<!-- End Category Menu -->\n";

$sts->stop_capture('catmenu');

Step 2 Edit file includes/modules/sts_inc/general.php

delete

$sts->template['headertags']= "<title>" . TITLE ."</title>";

Step 3 Edit your template html

Now add $kissmeta to your template .html like...

<head>

<!--$headcontent-->

$kissmeta

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="************.css">

</head>

Thanks,

but that doesn't work for me. It's maybe because I'm running STS. I followed these instructions from previous post in this thread to get KissMT working with STS. Any other STS users out there getting <meta name="keywords" content=""> on their homepage?

Step 1 Edit file includes/modules/sts_inc/sts_user_code.php

add

$sts->start_capture();

include(DIR_WS_MODULES . 'kiss_meta_tags/kiss_meta_tags.php');

$sts->stop_capture('kissmeta');

after first <?php and before

$sts->start_capture();

echo "\n<!-- Start Category Menu -->\n";

echo tep_draw_form('goto', FILENAME_DEFAULT, 'get', '');

echo tep_draw_pull_down_menu('cPath', tep_get_category_tree(), $current_category_id, 'onchange="this.form.submit();"');

echo "</form>\n";

echo "<!-- End Category Menu -->\n";

$sts->stop_capture('catmenu');

Step 2 Edit file includes/modules/sts_inc/general.php

delete

$sts->template['headertags']= "<title>" . TITLE ."</title>";

Step 3 Edit your template html

Now add $kissmeta to your template .html like...

<head>

<!--$headcontent-->

$kissmeta

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="************.css">

</head>

I believe I fixed it my self in addition to the instructions above I added

include_once DIR_WS_MODULES . 'kiss_meta_tags/kiss_meta_tags.php';
$sts->template['headertags']= KissMT::init()->output();

Into the sts_inc/general.php

I am now getting two sets of meta tags, but one is outside of the <head></head> area, so I don't think it's hurting anything. I'll deal with that later

I was checking the meta tags from one of my pages. And found out that the description tag has.

KISSMT_HOMEPAGE_TITLE and KISSMT_HOMEPAGE_DESCRIPTION.

Is there a way to let it only show KISSMT_HOMEPAGE_DESCRIPTION ?

• 2 weeks later...

You didn't lie when you wrote in the instructions that this would only take 5 minutes to install!! :) :thumbsup:

However, I've just installed it and am getting the following error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_OBJECT_OPERATOR in /********/**/******/****/catalog/includes/modules/kiss_meta_tags/kiss_meta_tags.php on line 23

Line 23 is:

KissMT::init()->setup( $language, $languages_id, $breadcrumb, $request_type );

I'm assuming the error means it's looking for something it can't find. But I don't know what or how to fix it. Any help would be appreciated:)

Edited by Dali45

Hello,

just

Thanks,

Alex

It means you are on an ancient version of PHP. 5.2 has been about since way back in 2006.

You didn't lie when you wrote in the instructions that this would only take 5 minutes to install!! :) :thumbsup:

However, I've just installed it and am getting the following error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_OBJECT_OPERATOR in /********/**/******/****/catalog/includes/modules/kiss_meta_tags/kiss_meta_tags.php on line 23

Line 23 is:

KissMT::init()->setup( $language, $languages_id, $breadcrumb, $request_type );

I'm assuming the error means it's looking for something it can't find. But I don't know what or how to fix it. Any help would be appreciated:)

I've just found a previous post where the answer to this was that the user was using PHP that was too old..wow..that's so disappointing. I guess this means I can't use this add on either... :'( :(

I managed to sort out the PHP I wrote about in the last post - should have upgraded to 5 anyway, so thanks to KissMT I did!

I managed to install the base contribution. Fantastically quick install! Great:). I have a couple of questions though. I changed the title okay, but I'm confused about writing the description. I know the meta description should be a description of what the shop is about, but the few test words I wrote show up next to the store title. So if I write more, it will be cut off. How do I change this to show just the store title and title padding?

I've noticed also, using the default products that came with osC, that when I view the page source the meta description is the same as the meta tags: e.g.:

<meta name="description" content="Graphics Cards, Hardware, Matrox G200 MMS, Matrox G400 32MB.">

<meta name="keywords" content="graphics,cards,hardware,matrox,g200,mms,g400,32mb">

Should it be like that, or is there something I have to change? I thought that the description should be more than just a bunch of keywords.

Any help would be appreciated.

Great contribution thank you very much FWRMedia!!! :thumbsup:

I have this installed and working great except I get this error when I try to view the articles. I can view the listing of articles but when I click on the article title this error shows:

Fatal error: Class 'KissMT_Module' not found in /home/store/public_html/store/includes/modules/kiss_meta_tags/classes/kiss_meta_tags_class.php on line 187

This is the section in kiss_meta_tags_class.php

/**

* Load the page based modules

* If no module exists for the page load the generic module

*/

private function loadModules() {

if ( is_readable( $this->modules_path . $this->basename ) ) {

include_once $this->modules_path . $this->basename;

$this->module = new KissMT_Module;

$this->module->gc();

return;

}

With 187 actually being: $this->module = new KissMT_Module;

So it looks like it can't find the module to show the article page but it isn't able to load a "generic module" either....

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Mike

Hi all,

need some suggestion about this in index header, i dont know if right or not.

This is what I want:

<title>Welcome to STORE</title>
<meta name="description" content="We sell wooden products of varius bla bla bla..... ">

This is the thing i gets:

<title>Welcome to STORE - We sell wooden products of varius bla bla bla.....</title>
<meta name="description" content="Welcome to STORE, We sell wooden products of varius bla bla bla.....">

When google indexes the page the content are repeated. I dont know if this is right. I would like to modify it.

This is de devil code:

/**
       * Root index page
       */
       default:
         KissMT::init()->setCanonical( $this->checkCanonical() );
         $this->parse( KissMT::init()->entities( sprintf( KISSMT_HOMEPAGE_TITLE, STORE_NAME ), $decode = true ), KissMT::init()->entities( sprintf( KISSMT_HOMEPAGE_DESCRIPTION, STORE_NAME ), $decode = true ) );
         break;
     }
   } // end method

hello.

I'm on going to try this for 2min setup,

but I've got

Warning: KissMT can't find a filepath! DIR_FS_CATALOG MUST contain a full path. in ...kiss_meta_tags/classes/kiss_meta_tags_class.php on line 116

Warning: include_once(init.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in ...kiss_meta_tags/classes/kiss_meta_tags_class.php on line 76

Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening 'init.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php5') in ...kiss_meta_tags/classes/kiss_meta_tags_class.php on line 76

Warning: include_once(kiss_modules.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in ...kiss_meta_tags/classes/kiss_meta_tags_class.php on line 78

Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening 'kiss_modules.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php5') in ...kiss_meta_tags/classes/kiss_meta_tags_class.php on line 78

Fatal error: Class 'KissMT_Module' not found in ...kiss_meta_tags/classes/kiss_meta_tags_class.php on line 187

How to solve this error??

thanks

hello.

I'm on going to try this for 2min setup,

but I've got

Warning: KissMT can't find a filepath! DIR_FS_CATALOG MUST contain a full path. in ...kiss_meta_tags/classes/kiss_meta_tags_class.php on line 116

Warning: include_once(init.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in ...kiss_meta_tags/classes/kiss_meta_tags_class.php on line 76

Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening 'init.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php5') in ...kiss_meta_tags/classes/kiss_meta_tags_class.php on line 76

Warning: include_once(kiss_modules.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in ...kiss_meta_tags/classes/kiss_meta_tags_class.php on line 78

Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening 'kiss_modules.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php5') in ...kiss_meta_tags/classes/kiss_meta_tags_class.php on line 78

Fatal error: Class 'KissMT_Module' not found in ...kiss_meta_tags/classes/kiss_meta_tags_class.php on line 187

How to solve this error??

thanks

LoL there are so many checks there I never though to see a server that couldn't handle it!!

The clue is in the error ..

DIR_FS_CATALOG MUST contain a full path

So open up includes/configure.php and put a full path in there.

First i would like to thank you for your creation and hard work in oscommerce community.

i really like this addon, and the installation process was very easy. however when i try to add images to my categories, this error shows up:

1054 - Unknown column 'sort_order' in 'field list'

update categories_description set sort_order = '1', last_modified = now(), kissmt_categories_description = '' where categories_id = '32' and language_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

I am a noob at this stuff but my guess is the sort_order does not exist in categories_description. i tried tinkering around with phpmyadmin a bit but i do not want to break anything, please help as i would really like to use this addon in my future projects.

Thank you

First i would like to thank you for your creation and hard work in oscommerce community.

i really like this addon, and the installation process was very easy. however when i try to add images to my categories, this error shows up:

1054 - Unknown column 'sort_order' in 'field list'

update categories_description set sort_order = '1', last_modified = now(), kissmt_categories_description = '' where categories_id = '32' and language_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

I am a noob at this stuff but my guess is the sort_order does not exist in categories_description. i tried tinkering around with phpmyadmin a bit but i do not want to break anything, please help as i would really like to use this addon in my future projects.

Thank you

Sorry nothing at all to do with KIssMT .. it added the kissmt_categories_description but certainly nothing to do with sort_order.

I have this installed and working great except I get this error when I try to view the articles. I can view the listing of articles but when I click on the article title this error shows:

Fatal error: Class 'KissMT_Module' not found in /home/store/public_html/store/includes/modules/kiss_meta_tags/classes/kiss_meta_tags_class.php on line 187

With 187 actually being: $this->module = new KissMT_Module;

So it looks like it can't find the module to show the article page but it isn't able to load a "generic module" either....

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Mike

Doh! I don't know how, or why, but article_info.php was file size of zero... Uploaded the correct file and it works. Interesting how it was zero bytes in length though...

Thank you for a great contribution!!!

Mike

I have Google Duplicate Content Manager but google said that I have duplicatte description in

/tienda/catalog//

/tienda/catalog/benq-m-15.html?language=es&page=1&page=1&sort=1d

/tienda/catalog/benq-m-15.html?language=es&page=1&page=1&sort=2a

/tienda/catalog/benq-m-15.html?language=es&page=1&page=1&sort=2d

/tienda/catalog/benq-m-15.html?language=es&page=1&page=1&sort=3a

/tienda/catalog/benq-m-15.html?language=es&page=1&sort=1d

/tienda/catalog/benq-m-15.html?sort=1a&page=1&language=es

/tienda/catalog/benq-m-15.html?sort=3d&page=1&language=es

/tienda/catalog/benq-m-15.html?sort=4d&page=1&language=es

/tienda/catalog/hardware-monitores-c-25_6.html

/tienda/catalog/hardware-unidades-cdrom-c-25_17.html

/tienda/catalog/portatiles-c-21.html

/tienda/catalog/sharp-m-16.html?language=es&page=1&sort=3a

/tienda/catalog/sharp-m-16.html?language=es&sort=2d&page=1

/tienda/catalog/sharp-m-16.html?sort=3a&page=1&language=es

/tienda/catalog/soyntec-m-11.html?filter_id=7

Today use kissmt dynamy seo meta but in the title don´t put sort:3d|page_1 what is the solution for this problem?

And I have meta title duplicate in

Jolls Computer Tienda on line

/tienda/catalog/acer-5630z343g32mn-p-47.html

/tienda/catalog/acer-as6930g584g50mn-p-39.html

/tienda/catalog/ask_a_question.php?products_id=30

/tienda/catalog/benq-m-15.html?language=es&page=1&sort=1d

/tienda/catalog/benq-m-15.html?sort=1a&page=1&language=es

/tienda/catalog/benq-m-15.html?sort=3d&page=1&language=es

/tienda/catalog/benq-m-15.html?sort=4d&page=1&language=es

/tienda/catalog/hardware-proximamente-c-25_23.html?language=es&page=1&sort=1a

/tienda/catalog/index.php?manufacturers_id=12&page=1&sort=3a

/tienda/catalog/index.php?manufacturers_id=14&page=1&sort=5d&language=es

/tienda/catalog/products_new.php/page/2

/tienda/catalog/sharp-m-16.html?language=es&page=1&sort=3a

/tienda/catalog/sharp-m-16.html?language=es&sort=2d&page=1

/tienda/catalog/sharp-m-16.html?sort=3a&page=1&language=es

/tienda/catalog/tv-samsung-19-pr-33.html?language=es

BENQ

/tienda/catalog/benq-m-15.html?language=es&page=1&page=1&sort=1d

/tienda/catalog/benq-m-15.html?language=es&page=1&page=1&sort=2a

/tienda/catalog/benq-m-15.html?language=es&page=1&page=1&sort=2d

/tienda/catalog/benq-m-15.html?language=es&page=1&page=1&sort=3a

Google Duplicate Content Manager vs 1.0 alpha

Outdates - Use KissMT Dynamic SEO Meta & Canonical Header Tags FWR Media 22 Jan 2010

This contribution is now outdated.

You should now be on PHP5 and using KissMT Dynamic SEO Meta & Canonical Header Tags.

Powerful seo meta tags & canonical elements in just 5 minutes.

The canonical tags as recommended by Mat Cutts of Google protect you against not only duplicate content but also indexed osCsid.

What is the configuration that help whit google?

Edited by josejolls

I have added a horizontal menu in header of store. Of the 7 tabs, only 2 of the 7 point to old store, (New Products and Specials). Do not understand why this is happening. Because I installed a fresh RC2a to the new host site. Ran the install from the download and created a new database for this new domain name. I even ran TRUNCATE so that all products and categories were remove from the vanilla store. Because both configure files and and admin -> configuration point to the new domain name.

You may take a look here.. Not sure where to start, but since I have your contribution installed on a fresh store, thought I start here.

Thanks.

Bennett

I have added a horizontal menu in header of store. Of the 7 tabs, only 2 of the 7 point to old store, (

Found some unwanted files. Uninstall and reinstalled contribution and so all is fine with Mete tags.

Help to my problem

KissMT works out of the box.

You seem to have & in your urls which will create these problems:

?language=es&