• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

KissMT Dynamic SEO Meta & Canonical Header Tags

FWR Media

Update: Ok to add OpenGraph meta tags, I have modified this file :... /includes/modules/kiss_meta_tags/classes/kiss_meta_tags_class.php and managed to output the OpenGraph tags using the existing code there, as follows:

/**

* Output the final meta tags

*/

public function output() {

echo '<title>' . $this->title . '</title>' . PHP_EOL .

'<meta name="description" content="' . $this->description . '"' . $this->html_end . PHP_EOL .

'<meta name="keywords" content="' . $this->keywords . '"' . $this->html_end . PHP_EOL;

$this->canonical();

// Added for OpenGraph

echo '<meta property="og:title" content="' . $this-> title . '"' . $this->html_end . PHP_EOL .

'<meta property="og:site-name" content="' . STORE_NAME . '"' . $this->html_end . PHP_EOL .

'<meta property="og:type" content="product"' . $this->html_end . PHP_EOL .

'<meta property="og:url" content="' . $this->canonical . '"' . $this->html_end . PHP_EOL .

'<meta property="og:description" content="' . $this->description . '"' . $this->html_end . PHP_EOL .

'<meta property="og:image" content="' . DIR_WS_IMAGES . $this->products_image . '"' . $this->html_end . PHP_EOL;

}

That works okay..., except the last line (in bold) does not create a valid image link. How do I pass image information to that chunk of code? I did update the database query to include the image name, in this file: .../includes/modules/kiss_meta_tags/modules/product_info.php. But I do not understand how to pass the retrieved image name into the kiss_meta_tags_class.php . What sort of syntax do I use, please? $this->products_image does not seem to work :(

Thank you, I will look again at the SEO Reloaded "OpenGraph" module. But don't you have to have the entire mod installed and working, before the OpenGraph part will work?

In the meantime, I just cobbled together a new chunk called happy_headers.php. lol It has yet another database call in it ... but all the other header modules I looked at do as well :-/ I wish I could combine all those database calls into one, but I simply don't know how.

Edited by dreaminggates

• 4 weeks later...

I'm experiencing the following issue

example:

/category-name-c-26_143.html = Loads correct category

/category-name-c-2fsgsdfsdf6_143.html = Redirects to correct URL above

/category-name-c-2684286485568536576156_143.html = Loads correct category products but does not 301 redirect to the correct URL, resulting in duplicate content

I'd like the 3rd example to properly redirect to the correct URL (or at least specify the correct canonical tag) to avoid potential duplicate content penalties.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• 6 months later...

Mine seems to be working great except on the home page itself (most important) it creates nonsense tags, like "my, great, wiggets" for keyword tag, etc. Also it doesn't seem to do anything for my "additional" pages like "about_us" etc.

• 7 months later...

I have installed KissMT addons to my online shopping site. All title and meta descriptions are working fine but when changing language as German some product pages title and meta tags coming with 

for example:

discountsports.ch/unicorn-darts-unicorn-catalyst-wolfram-tungsten-softtip-dart-p-1566.html?language=de

<title>Unicorn Catalyst 80 Wolfram Tungsten Softtip Dart 19g - 4610 - Softtip Darts - Dart - KISSMT BRAND</title>

<meta name="description" content="Unicorn Catalyst 80 Wolfram Tungsten Softtip Dart 19g, 4610, Softtip Darts, Dart, KISSMT BRAND TEXT, Catalyst Softdarts 80 Tungsten Wolfram mit neuartiger Facettierung am Barrelkopf. Mit Catalyst Schäften, Eclipse Max Case und Flightschonern.">

How to solve this issue? 

Hello,

I am getting error message when i change title and meta tags to german language.

discountsports.ch/unicorn-darts-unicorn-core-tungsten-p-389.html?language=de

<title>Unicorn CORE 80 Wolfram TUNGSTEN Set 23g - 8885 - Steeldarts - Dart - KISSMT BRAND TEXT - Unicorn</title>

<meta name="description" content="Unicorn CORE 80 Wolfram TUNGSTEN Set 23g, 8885, Steeldarts, Dart, KISSMT BRAND TEXT, Unicorn CORE 80 Wolfram TUNGSTEN Set 23g. No nonsense precision engineered ultra quality darts. Great value, strength in depth across materials, the CORE range is your...">

I have already added file to german language folder.

Not sure how to fix this issue.

I need urgent help

• 8 years later...

"KissMT's Dynamic SEO Meta & Canonical Header Tags significantly enhance website optimization. The automated features streamline meta and canonical tag management, ensuring a dynamic and efficient SEO strategy. A valuable tool for improving search engine visibility and rankings."