• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

KissMT Dynamic SEO Meta & Canonical Header Tags

FWR Media

Hi,

Fully installed all the components, thanks. However, I was noticing that I had no way to control my keywords. For instance, in my 2.2 cart I used the contribution: Custom_META_Tags_per_Item. With that I was able to input my own specific keywords, meta, description in both category and product.

Is there a way to also manually input my own keywords, meta and description with this contrib? If not do you have a contrib you recommend with yours for 2.3 cart?

THank you,

Charles

• 1 month later...

Hi Rob

First of all congratulations for this wonderful contribution.

I wonder how I can create html titles that take 1 character, which currently only created on the title words with 4 characters or more.

An example:

http://mundofundas.com/covers-samsung-galaxy-mini-c-266_277.html ==> covers samsung mini galaxy

and correct, but instead:

http://mundofundas.com/covers-samsung-galaxy-c-266_288.html ===> Samsung galaxy S2 covers

As will be appreciated ignores S2 to create the title.

Please let me help with this problem because it affects a lot of my SEO Product

Thank you very much.

Edited by Dácil Barroso Rodríguez

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, this contribution write the canonical alternate href? Lik this?

<link rel="alternate" hreflang="es" href="http://www.myweb.com/spanish-name-product-p-842.html" />
<link rel="alternate" hreflang="pt" href="http://www.myweb.com/pt/portugues-name-product-p-842.html" />
<link rel="alternate" hreflang="fr" href="http://www.myweb.com/fr/frances-name-product-p-842.html" />
<link rel="alternate" hreflang="en" href="http://www.myweb.com/en/english-name-product-p-842.html" />

I have install ULTIMATE Seo Urls 5 by FWR Media. but it's complicated write the canonical alternate href links:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/386793-canonical-hreflang-ultimate-seo-urls-5-by-fwr-media/

hello,

i have Invalid multibyte sequence in argument in /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/magaza/includes/modules/kiss_meta_tags/classes/kiss_meta_tags_class.php on line 255

i have set up all the files utf-8 w/out boom, when i open the cache files in cache directory, i see some characters like below. did i make smth wrong.

•MnÂ0F¯by=I¡©uWeÓ!õ

­­Äšâ¯Æ3ÖlÄ;nù@Æı/½Â÷É{R2'¬ÌÎÆñy

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have another quick question. When adding the optional Google breadcrumb, do I really need to make the changes on stylesheet.css, header.php, and includes/classes/breadcrumb.php? It seems to me that the code that changes the bread crumb products model to the product name in application_top.php is the only code doing anything. Will I be fine without the UL LI structure or is that required by Google to work properly? Please let me know. Thank you!

hope rob come back and answer, since many coders favorite.

be able to prevent html entity names written in source code, i remove the htmlentities and decode.

what will effect?

public static function entities( $string, $decode = false ) {

/* if ( in_array( strtoupper( CHARSET ), self::$entitites_supported ) ) {

if ( false === $decode ) {

return htmlentities( trim( $string ), ENT_QUOTES, CHARSET );

} else {

return html_entity_decode( trim( $string ), ENT_QUOTES, CHARSET );

}

}

*/

@@zeberrun

Source code should contain html entities, why remove it? it is fine for seo purposes.

Edited by FWR Media

thx for fast reply, 2,3,1, uft-8, utf8_turkish_ci, tr

i have searched forums and tested some contributions for meta tags. than used meta tag checkers for control, in easy meta tag, i can see some characters like Ö, Ü correct in meta tag checkers and source code, but with kiss mt, i can see ü something like 1 in meta tag checkers and source code. we have 4-5 characters which are Ö, ö, ü, Ü. They are seen with entity names in source code, rest is correct. we have ş but it is not seen with entity name. normally the code must convert all the characters to html entities? because of you are not online for a period (it has written one of the oldest member that your codes are pure and independent, but offline) i thought i could not find support i can use as written above.

anyhow, if i remove html entities i can see correct in source code but i can not see in meta tag checkers. my purpose is remove 11000 repeated links in google indexed (and markes) using currency USD, EUR,TR and good meta tag contribution and do it with good coder.

i will use htmlentities for seo purposes.

hello,

oscommerce 2,3,1, one language files english, set to finnish. 3 languages with fr_currencies.

unfortunately i must say this contribution does not work amateur manners. uploaded files, closed cache (i did not understand why cache and making big files), changed template_top to kissmt. even inside cache files are not readable. delete the code below (since it is unreadable in source code) for two days, and use it for 5 days with code.

/* if ( in_array( strtoupper( CHARSET ), self::$entitites_supported ) ) {

if ( false === $decode ) {

return htmlentities( trim( $string ), ENT_QUOTES, CHARSET );

} else {

return html_entity_decode( trim( $string ), ENT_QUOTES, CHARSET );

}

}

*/

checked important sites source code, non of them has html entities inside. all of them are readable format.

end of week

1- my site indexed google in different currencies, some links are usd some links are euro. because i have not language box they can not buy since they see usd.

2- my visitors dropped suddenly.

3- google does not show my site if i search mysite.com or mysite. it was classic format site name and 6 inside department. all of the dissapeared.

4- when change the title, it is not seen in google in search results.

@@zeberrun

Sorry I haven't a clue what you are asking/suggesting.

i mean this is not suitable for amateurs, it does not work in simple upload. this contribution changes links in google not in good way, disappears some google search results of the site.

many visitors write sitename to google and click to go to this site. many of the sites are seen in search results with name of the site and 6 links in google. after i have used the contribution none of them are seen. (my english is not very good, i try to explain simple sentences).

i have 3 currencies and one language. visitors keep coming with other currencies from google.

i changed index title in language file but it did not change in google. (i tried easy meta tag, saw new title the day after).

may be this is not suitable for different currency and foreign languages.

@@zeberrun

It works out of the box, it has nothing to do with currencies, it works with languages.

• 2 weeks later...

@@FWR Media

Hi Robert,

I have Just installed KissMT Dynamic SEO Meta & Canonical Header Tags,

I am having a modified OSC v 2.3.1 for Bookstore, I have added two specified fileds in table Products viz ISBN and Author. I would like to include these fields in Meta tags generation

Would you guide me to which function I have to Modify??

Thanks in Advance

@@FWR Media

Would you guide me to which function I have to Modify??

catalog/includes/modules/kiss_meta_tags/modules/product_info.php

Find ine 24:

$this->products_query = "SELECT p.products_model, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, m.manufacturers_name FROM " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p INNER JOIN " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd ON pd.products_id = p.products_id AND pd.language_id = :languages_id LEFT JOIN " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m ON m.manufacturers_id = p.manufacturers_id WHERE p.products_id = :products_id";

Change to:

$this->products_query = "SELECT p.products_model, p.ISBN, p.Author, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, m.manufacturers_name FROM " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p INNER JOIN " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd ON pd.products_id = p.products_id AND pd.language_id = :languages_id LEFT JOIN " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m ON m.manufacturers_id = p.manufacturers_id WHERE p.products_id = :products_id";

Find line 53

$leading_values .= '[-separator-]' . implode( '[-separator-]', $breadcrumb );

Add immediately ABOVE:

if ( tep_not_null( $product_results['ISBN'] ) ) {  
	 $leading_values .= '[-separator-]' . trim( $product_results['ISBN'] );
  }
  if ( tep_not_null( $product_results['Author'] ) ) {  
	 $leading_values .= '[-separator-]' . trim( $product_results['Author'] );
  }

Edited by FWR Media

• 3 weeks later...

can't imagine anything in there that's not good for 2.3.2+

Hello, i want to modify content of title and description meta tag. I managed to eliminate for example manufacturer name, by editing catalog/includes/modules/kiss_meta_tags/modules/product_info.php. From there i can eliminate some content (manufacturer, product model) for both title and description tag. Now i want to eliminate product description just from title tag. How can i do that? Thank you and excuse my english :)

Now i want to eliminate product description just from title tag. How can i do that? Thank you and excuse my english :)

Your English is great!

That's a setting in admin I think.

or check the language file catalog/includes/languages/[my language]/kissmt.php

KISSMT_HOMEPAGE_DESCRIPTION, STORE_NAME

Edited by FWR Media

I did that modifications in language file but was not quite what i wanted, so i changed line 159 in includes/modules/kiss_meta_tags/abstracts/kiss_modules.php

from: $full_title = ( $leading_values . ( tep_not_null( $description) ? '[-separator-]' . $description : '' ) );

to: $full_title = ( $leading_values );

and now is working as i needed. I am not an php programer so i wonder if is not a better way to do this?

• 3 weeks later...

it looks like I have KISS Meta Tags SEO v1.0

don't see any info on updates or changes to the version above^ to the one being discussed here (KissMT Dynamic SEO Meta & Canonical Header Tags)

1. ideas on how to proceed in getting rid of old and/or changing to new?

2. now that 2.3.2 and 2.3.3 have a stock header tag module...how should we go about using the stock or the KISS version-- should the stock one be turned off completely, or some features used and others not?

Edited by ErikMM

Web Developer, Firebug, and Notepad++ are powerful free tools for web design.

So it looks like the KISS Meta Tags SEO v1 may have been version 55, but I'm not sure? Regardless, there is a handy upgrade instruction with the new package r72 (http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/7199).

The reason for my post^ above is that the new package is confusingly called "KissMT Dynamic SEO Meta & Canonical Header Tags" BUT the upgrade is called "KissMT Dynamic SEO Meta Tags version 1.0" (Upgrade revision 55 to r72)

So, it's a little confusing as to what I had running and what the upgrade is actually called, or what the old one was actually called, but what the hell, it was so easy to upgrade that it really doesn't matter. I simply wrote over the old (or maybe old, i.e. 55) catalog/includes/modules/kiss_meta_tags folder with the new folder and contents. FTP, 30 seconds. Done.

Still not sure what to do about #2^, but I'm going to turn off the stock module and just use r72.

Web Developer, Firebug, and Notepad++ are powerful free tools for web design.