• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

KissMT Dynamic SEO Meta & Canonical Header Tags

FWR Media

One error disappeared, these ones are still there

Warning: include_once(/catalog/includes/modules/kiss_meta_tags/modules/) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /catalog/includes/modules/kiss_meta_tags/classes/kiss_meta_tags_class.php on line 186

Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening '/catalog/includes/modules/kiss_meta_tags/modules/' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /catalog/includes/modules/kiss_meta_tags/classes/kiss_meta_tags_class.php on line 186

Fatal error: Class 'KissMT_Module' not found in /catalog/public_html/includes/modules/kiss_meta_tags/classes/kiss_meta_tags_class.php on line 187

I just tried with the moneyorder payment & it worked fine. When I try it with Moneybookers, I get the error's. (My secret word doesnt work) so maybe something to do with that not connecting properly.

Dont know if Paypal would be effected by it as I have no desire to use that payment so Ive not tried it. Not sure if any other payment systems would be effected, I dont have them all installed to find out, too many of them

Edited by Ausgirl

One error disappeared, these ones are still there

Ok .. same file ..

includes/modules/kiss_meta_tags/classes/kiss_meta_tags_class.php

Find ( line 184 ) ..

private function loadModules() {

Replace with ..

if ( !tep_not_null( $this->basename ) ) {
   	return false;
 	}

Getting there,

Used the Moneybookers payment & down to one error now

Fatal error: Call to a member function process() on a non-object in /catalog/includes/modules/kiss_meta_tags/classes/kiss_meta_tags_class.php on line 88

Still working well with the moneyorder payment :)

Getting there,

Used the Moneybookers payment & down to one error now

Fatal error: Call to a member function process() on a non-object in /catalog/includes/modules/kiss_meta_tags/classes/kiss_meta_tags_class.php on line 88

Still working well with the moneyorder payment :)

Ah yes, of course.

Find ( line 88 ) ..

$this->module->process(); 

Change to ...

if ( $this->module instanceof KissMT_Modules ) {
 	}

Bug Update

Who it affects: -

Any payment system file or other file not in root that calls template_top.php

Thanks for the catch Ausgirl

The package has been updated locally but no new package has been uploaded to osCommerce addons as yet.

Code changes are below: -

catalog/includes/modules/kiss_meta_tags/classes/kiss_meta_tags_class.php

Find ( line 88 ) ..

Replace with ...

if ( $this->module instanceof KissMT_Modules ) {
 	}

Find ( line 141 ) ..

trigger_error( 'KissMT could not find a valid base filename, please inform the developer.', E_USER_WARNING );

Replace with ..

return (((strlen(ini_get('cgi.fix_pathinfo')) > 0) && ((bool)ini_get('cgi.fix_pathinfo') == false)) || !isset($HTTP_SERVER_VARS['SCRIPT_NAME'])) ? basename($HTTP_SERVER_VARS['PHP_SELF']) : basename($HTTP_SERVER_VARS['SCRIPT_NAME']);

Find ( line 184 ) ..

Replace with ..

if ( !tep_not_null( $this->basename ) ) {
   	return false;
 	}

Edited by FWR Media

Hey

Great Contribution.

Couldnt have been easier to install!

Changed from some random meta tags contribution to this one because the previous was not working on manufacturers pages.

If this has already been answered i apologize!

My question is:

The default osCommerce prod. listing lists oldest products first.

This contribution is setup to deal with category titles in this way listing the oldest products available in the title.

My prod. listing is in reverse listing newest products first.

Is there some way to list the newest products in the title as apposed to the oldest?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Kurt

Hey

Great Contribution.

Couldnt have been easier to install!

Changed from some random meta tags contribution to this one because the previous was not working on manufacturers pages.

If this has already been answered i apologize!

My question is:

The default osCommerce prod. listing lists oldest products first.

This contribution is setup to deal with category titles in this way listing the oldest products available in the title.

My prod. listing is in reverse listing newest products first.

Is there some way to list the newest products in the title as apposed to the oldest?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Kurt

You just need to change the ORDER BY of the query ( actually you add it as there isn't an order by statement as standard )

catalog/includes/modules/kiss_meta_tags/modules/index.php

Line 28

Find ...

$this->cPath_products_query = "SELECT pd.products_name FROM " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c LEFT JOIN " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p ON p.products_id = p2c.products_id AND p.products_status = 1 LEFT JOIN " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd ON pd.products_id = p.products_id AND pd.language_id = :languages_id WHERE p2c.categories_id = :categories_id LIMIT " . (int)KISSMT_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS_LIMIT . "";  

Change to ...

$this->cPath_products_query = "SELECT pd.products_name FROM " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c LEFT JOIN " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p ON p.products_id = p2c.products_id AND p.products_status = 1 LEFT JOIN " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd ON pd.products_id = p.products_id AND pd.language_id = :languages_id WHERE p2c.categories_id = :categories_id ORDER BY products_date_added LIMIT " . (int)KISSMT_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS_LIMIT . "";

Edited by FWR Media

Thanx for the fast response!

but its not working 8(

Cleared cache files...still showing the same title.

Any ideas?

Kurt

I just tried it locally and it works as expected.

categories_id ORDER BY products_date_added LIMIT

is supposed to be this...

categories_id ORDER BY products_date_added desc LIMIT

IDK if you forgot about it or i was supposed to figure it out but THANX anyway!

Working now.

Kurt

categories_id ORDER BY products_date_added LIMIT

is supposed to be this...

categories_id ORDER BY products_date_added desc LIMIT

IDK if you forgot about it or i was supposed to figure it out but THANX anyway!

Working now.

Kurt

Yes sorry, was just intended as a "how to" rather than the specific code to use.

Question:

My store isnt in my root so on my homepage the canonical link is "http://mysite.com/catalog/" when i really want it to be just "http://mysite.com/".....

Can I change this?

Should i change this?

Any help would be great

Thanx

Kurt

No you shouldn't change it, it is the true location.

Ideally the shop should be in root .. but you obviously know that already.

Edited by FWR Media

Hi, I have a question

If I install this contribution and I should not install header tags seo?

Seo type any more I should not install or need to install this contribution of SEO_URL 5

Thanks!

Thank you, my English is not very good:)

Hi, I have a question

If I install this contribution and I should not install header tags seo?

Seo type any more I should not install or need to install this contribution of SEO_URL 5

Thanks!

Thank you, my English is not very good:)

I can understand your English just fine.

1) Header tags and KissMT

These two contributions do the same thing in different ways so should NOT be installed together. KissMT is a modern script which dynamically creates meta and canonical tags with no effort from you and installs in seconds. Header Tags while being, in my opinion, over complex and not particularly well written does however allow you to manually modify the meta tags which KissMT currently does not.

2) Ultimate Seo Urls 5 PRO - this is a totally seperate contribution that provides seo urls and multi language indexing for multi language shops, this should be installed in addition to the above.

Edited by FWR Media

Thank you very much

Oscommerce All this service and the community is helping people like a more professional and

Thank you for this work, I personally, really helps

I will continue looking and learning here

I will come not too late to ask more!

My English sux!

A greeting very strong!

Hi Robert, first want to say thank you.. been using osCommerce for a year now and have found all your contributions beyond value and appreciate the attention to detail to the code for reading to clear installations.

Now to something I noticed and I cant find anything in here about it but may have missed it. When I have looked at the validation of the page source it shows 3 errors with the meta tags and link showing an omited end tag as so.

<meta name="description" content="Graphics Cards, Hardware, Matrox G400 32MB, Matrox G200 MMS.">

<meta name="keywords" content="graphics,cards,hardware,matrox,g400,32mb,g200,mms">

So, went into kiss_meta_tags.php and changed lines 272 and 273

'<meta name="description" content="' . $this->description . '"' . $this->html_end . PHP_EOL .

'<meta name="keywords" content="' . $this->keywords . '"' . $this->html_end . PHP_EOL;

To:

'<meta name="description" content="' . $this->description . '"/' . $this->html_end . PHP_EOL .

'<meta name="keywords" content="' . $this->keywords . '"/' . $this->html_end . PHP_EOL;

which has removed those 2 errors.. just gotta track the canonical down now to add the / to end of it as well.

Ok canonical is line 250 to change

echo '<link rel="canonical" href="' . $this->canonical . '"' . $this->html_end . PHP_EOL;;

To:

echo '<link rel="canonical" href="' . $this->canonical . '"/' . $this->html_end . PHP_EOL;;

Im sure it's not highly important but rather have an error free site if I can. This is for 2.3.1 btw.

Not thinking this should cause any problems but just odd to me no one else has noticed this before, but search thru the topic and reading every post I just never saw it mentioned.

Edited by MHWD

Hi Robert, first want to say thank you.. been using osCommerce for a year now and have found all your contributions beyond value and appreciate the attention to detail to the code for reading to clear installations.

Now to something I noticed and I cant find anything in here about it but may have missed it. When I have looked at the validation of the page source it shows 3 errors with the meta tags and link showing an omited end tag as so.

Hi

Thanks for the kind words.

Rather than adjusting the code you may find it easier to go into admin and set Output tags in XHTML? to true :)

Hi

Thanks for the kind words.

Rather than adjusting the code you may find it easier to go into admin and set Output tags in XHTML? to true :)

Well now that would of been too simple! (Can I blame the mental lapse on the meds from surgery last week?)

Thanks again Robert

Well now that would of been too simple! (Can I blame the mental lapse on the meds from surgery last week?)

Thanks again Robert

My pleasure Mark :)

• 2 weeks later...

First thanks for your great help

I need help! hehe

I installed seo url kissmt 5 and as I said

But for some reason does not work the description of category

When I enter the category is blank!

There is no code, there is nothing

Thanks!

First thanks for your great help

I need help! hehe

I installed seo url kissmt 5 and as I said

But for some reason does not work the description of category

When I enter the category is blank!

There is no code, there is nothing

Thanks!

There is no contribution seo url kissmt 5, presuming that you mean KissMT then there are currently no known issues.

Are you certain the server is running PHP5.2+.