• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

KissMT Dynamic SEO Meta & Canonical Header Tags

FWR Media

KissMT Dynamic SEO Meta & Canonical Header Tags

powerful seo meta tags & canonical elements in just 5 minutes.

Compatibility:

Oscommerce MS2.2, RC (all versions)

PHP 5.2+/5.3+ ( PHP 4 NOT supported )

MySQL 4/5

Download:

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/7199

Credits: ( thanks to all the beta testers without whom the initial KissMT release could never have been so solid )

Special thanks to:

Tom aka tomh/perfectpassion, Graeme aka knott, ken aka ken44, James aka jwilkins

Thanks also to:

Wim aka Mister_dj, Onno aka Onnootje, John aka berkedam, Fabian aka proimage,

Daniel aka Morpheus1979, Marie aka mariemeh.

Recommendations:

We recommend the use of Ultimate Seo Urls 5/5 Pro as the perfect Seo Url addition to this contribution.

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6768

Header tags seo and other meta tag contributions:

Want to try this out but leave your existing meta tags contribution in place? Do the safe 2 minute test! ( documentation/2_minute_test.html )

Features:

•  
  • Fast 5 minute install ( easy for beginners and experienced )
  • Dynamically generated meaningful meta tags with no complexity.
  • No core osCommerce file changes ( except replacing the <title></title> in the catalog files ).
  • Updates and upgrades with no core osCommerce file changes ( just replace the module directory ).
  • Compatible with highly modified sites. ( due to "no core osCommerce file changes" )
  • Modern Canonical elements, as recommended by Mat Cutts of Google, protecting you against indexed sessions ( osCsid ) and duplicate content.
  • Automated Meta titles intelligently built (to your specified length)
  • Automated keyword generation with stopwords removed. (multi language capable)
  • Automated description generation.
  • Automated meta title capitalisation excluding small words (multi language capable)
  • Highly efficient system using 2 queries maximum and none after cache load. ( so ideal even for the biggest shops )
  • Modern PHP 5.2/5.3 code
  • Error free with no deprecated code ( even on high error reporting E_ALL | E_STRICT )
  • Perfect for small and large shops ( due to efficiency )
  • No complex manual "fiddling" required. ( works out of the box )
  • HTML/XHTML output. ( easy to validate )
  • Performance output for testing & development ( or just to exemplify efficiency )

Extra features: ( requires additional install )

•  
  • Admin based settings ( database install )
  • SEO Category content. Text content for every category page. ( also used in meta tags )
  • SEO Manufacturers content. Text content for every manufacturers page. ( also used in meta tags )
  • H1 tagged SEO automatic page titles. ( to your specified length )

Edited by FWR Media

Hi weri nice contribution easy like all the time from you so many many thanks

But I have one question I install everything working perfect but description tags and keywords is showing for example "Přísně" tajné is not displaying correct characters and should be "Přísně tajné" is any fix for that?

I install that on BTS oscommrce and there was description and keywords an there was showing all perfect

Thanks for any help

Hi weri nice contribution easy like all the time from you so many many thanks

But I have one question I install everything working perfect but description tags and keywords is showing for example "Přísně" tajné is not displaying correct characters and should be "Přísně tajné" is any fix for that?

I install that on BTS oscommrce and there was description and keywords an there was showing all perfect

Thanks for any help

what is your charset? set at in your languages/<my language>.php

define('CHARSET''xxx')

Actually, I think this is correct, web pages should contain html_entities. Does it "look" ok from the browser?

Edited by FWR Media

what is your charset? set at in your languages/<my language>.php

define('CHARSET''xxx')

Actually, I think this is correct, web pages should contain html_entities. Does it "look" ok from the browser?

Hi charset is utf-8 all the files and in database.

Thanks for fast replay

It not working properly. I have error

Warning: html_entity_decode() [function.html-entity-decode]: charset `iso-8859-2' not supported, assuming iso-8859-1 in /usr/local/apache iss_meta_tags/modules/product_info.php on line 49

ISO-8859-2 is pretty much unsupported. Neither htmlspecialchars nor html_entities support it.

I will probably recode KissMT using a wrapper for these functions that will bypass encoding if the charset is ISO-8859-2.

Hi charset is utf-8 all the files and in database.

Thanks for fast replay

As I said. the characters should be converted to html entities or the page wouldn't validate, it is perfectly acceptable to search engines.

Warning: html_entity_decode() [function.html-entity-decode]: charset `iso-8859-2' not supported, assuming iso-8859-1 in /usr/local/apache iss_meta_tags/modules/product_info.php on line 49

Marek

I have just updated the latest revision to hopefully support ISO-8859-2, I'm not going to upload the revision just yet but if you are interested in testing to see if it works for you then I will email a download link.

This was an ooooooooops post and therefore deleted :)

Edited by FWR Media

As I said. the characters should be converted to html entities or the page wouldn't validate, it is perfectly acceptable to search engines.

Hi Robert

is there any chance to disable or update KissMT so the characters show how they are and not like "Přísně tajné" I have no problem with the validating before so will be much better if they show correctly

thanks for help

Hi Robert

is there any chance to disable or update KissMT so the characters show how they are and not like "Přísně tajné" I have no problem with the validating before so will be much better if they show correctly

thanks for help

Polak

Are you seeing these characters viewing the site or just viewing source?

Polak

Are you seeing these characters viewing the site or just viewing source?

Hi Robert

All on web and source is displaing the same like should be in my language "ě č ř z" but only in metatags source view displaing with "í"

<title>Přísně tajné Akční Sibiř Tunguzka</title>

<meta name="description" content="Přísně tajné Akční Sibiř Tunguzka obrovská exploze neznámého původu ohnivé sobě zkázu. později už...">

<meta name="keywords" content="Přísně,tajné,Akční,Sibiř,">

again thanks for your time

Hi Robert

All on web and source is displaing the same like should be in my language "ě č ř z" but only in metatags source view displaing with "í"

<title>Přísně tajné Akční Sibiř Tunguzka</title>

<meta name="description" content="Přísně tajné Akční Sibiř Tunguzka obrovská exploze neznámého původu ohnivé sobě zkázu. později už...">

<meta name="keywords" content="Přísně,tajné,Akční,Sibiř,">

again thanks for your time

Polak, this shouldn't be changed, it is perfect. All web pages should be output as html entities.

Thank you Robert for your help

hope I dont bother you to much but should not be metatags closed like /> insted like is now just > ?

thanks

This is an admin setting.

If you have not added the database install (which you can do without adding the rest of the addons by the way) then the settings are in ..

catalog/includes/modules/kiss_meta_tags/includes/init.php

As standard the setting is ..

/**
 * XHTML tag output - string true / false
 */
 @define( 'KISSMT_XHTML_OUTPUT', 'false' );

As most people do not run XHTML sites it is set as standard as HTML, if you change it to 'true' it will output XHTML tags.

If your doctype is not XHTML you should use the standard tags.

Edited by FWR Media

Hello

Bravo and congratulations for this work!!

I am in France and we have accented characters like: é è ç à for example.

In the source code of the page I have eg

"Mary à tout prix" for "Mary à tout prix"

or

"Réalisation Bobby Farrelly" for "Réalisation Bobby Farrelly"

or

"Lhistoire de" for "L'histoire de"

Have you fix for this?

In title of the page (not code source) all is good

"Mary à tout prix-DVD-TSAB-Comedie-Films et Dvd-by Fox-Mary à tout prix"

Thank you

Francois

Hello

Bravo and congratulations for this work!!

I am in France and we have accented characters like: é è ç à for example.

In the source code of the page I have eg

"Mary à tout prix" for "Mary à tout prix"

or

"Réalisation Bobby Farrelly" for "Réalisation Bobby Farrelly"

or

"Lhistoire de" for "L'histoire de"

Have you fix for this?

In title of the page (not code source) all is good

"Mary à tout prix-DVD-TSAB-Comedie-Films et Dvd-by Fox-Mary à tout prix"

Thank you

Francois

Hi Francois

Thanks for the kind words.

Mary à tout prix" for "Mary à tout prix

Is in fact correct. The source code should be html entities but of course when browsing the actual page with a web browser the characters should look as normal.

html entities are required for a page to validate XHTML and ensure that pages are rendered correctly.

Another reason to use html entities is security.

Printing to screen the following: -

<div>testing</div>

Results in ..

testing

As the html (or possibly javascript) has been parsed by the browser.

However ..

<div>testing</div>

Results in ..

<div>testing</div>

As the html has not been parsed.

Edited by FWR Media

No new version needs to be uploaded this is just for your information.

Changelog:

•  
  • Wrapped the htmlentities and html_entity_decode functions to allow a bypass for ISO-8859-2 which is not supported by either htmlspecialchars or htmlentities.
  • Added Information Pages module.
  • Added full set of modules for Newsdesk.

If anyone needs the changes for ISO-8859-2 or the addon modules for Information Pages or Newsdesk just send me a PM and I'll send a download link.

It works great. I test new version and work properly, great job!

Hi Robot,

Your contrib seems really great but I have a question :

I have a Url rewriting contrib and all my url are (normally) different for each languages of my website :

For exemple : A product is www.com/english-exemple-p-152.html or www.com/french-exemple-p-152.html

Since few weeks, for some pages, Google takes this URL : www.com/p-152.html or www.com/english-exemple-p-152.html for the french page.

I want to have a solution to inform Google than the canonical URL of a page is www.com/french-exemple-p-152.html (for the french pages instead of www.com/english-exemple-p-152.html when Goole index the wrong url) or www.com/french-exemple-p-152.html when Google index a wrong url like www.com/p-152.html.

About the languages : I'll open different websites for each language so I finally need more a solution to "clean" the google index a give him, fro each dynamical page, the url I made (URL from the data base).

May your contrib do that ?

Hi Robert,

I have a Url rewriting contrib and all my url are (normally) different for each languages of my website :

For exemple : A product is www.com/english-exemple-p-152.html or www.com/french-exemple-p-152.html

Since few weeks, for some pages, Google takes this URL : www.com/p-152.html or www.com/english-exemple-p-152.html for the french page.

I want to have a solution to inform Google than the canonical URL of a page is www.com/french-exemple-p-152.html (for the french pages instead of www.com/english-exemple-p-152.html when Goole index the wrong url) or www.com/french-exemple-p-152.html when Google index a wrong url like www.com/p-152.html.

About the languages : I'll open different websites for each language so I finally need more a solution to "clean" the google index a give him, fro each dynamical page, the url I made (URL from the data base).

Hi Robot,

It will yes, all of the pages will have a canonical element so page www.com/french-exemple-p-152.html would have a canonical link pointing to that page.

It will yes, all of the pages will have a canonical element so page www.com/french-exemple-p-152.html would have a canonical link pointing to that page.

And www.com/-p-152.html to www.com/french-exemple-p-152.html ? thanks

And www.com/-p-152.html to www.com/french-exemple-p-152.html ? thanks

Yes . . KissMT will request a brand new seo url from the system for the canonical link using index.php?products_id=152 as long as seo urls produces a good link then the canonical link will be correct.

Are you using that Magic Seo Urls thing for your multi languages? because Ultimate Seo Urls 5 PRO will be released relatively soon and is looking for beta testers.