• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Product description error in Internet Explorer

hansonspakistan

Internet explorer Error :

See : http://sylvanahome.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=456

description text sticks to left side " Available Size Small, Medium, Large, Xlarge "

and default text goes behind the flash Image zoomer ( flashzoomer )" This product was added to our catalog on Saturday 09 January, 2010 "

I think its the fckeditor .. but how can this be resolved .. need help

ITs Ok in Firefox only , but error when internet explorer and opera is used ..

HANSONS PAKISTAN

Internet explorer Error :

See : http://sylvanahome.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=456

description text sticks to left side " Available Size Small, Medium, Large, Xlarge "

and default text goes behind the flash Image zoomer ( flashzoomer )" This product was added to our catalog on Saturday 09 January, 2010 "

I think its the fckeditor .. but how can this be resolved .. need help

ITs Ok in Firefox only , but error when internet explorer and opera is used ..

Try adding the table row and table data tags (beginning and ending) as shown below:

<tr>
   <td>
<p class="main"></p><p>Available Size Small, Medium, Large, Xlarge</p><p></p>
   </td>
</tr>

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

Thank for the response, but if I'm to put these lines in every product i.e. soon to be 1500+ products in English and then German and Spanish version .. it will simply make me go bonkers ..

Isn't there a way to edit the fckeditor file that could separate the inter mingled flashzoomer and the Product description done by fckeditor ..

HANSONS PAKISTAN

Thank for the response, but if I'm to put these lines in every product i.e. soon to be 1500+ products in English and then German and Spanish version .. it will simply make me go bonkers ..

Isn't there a way to edit the fckeditor file that could separate the inter mingled flashzoomer and the Product description done by fckeditor ..

For inforamtion I have installed this addon ( all in one fckeditor ) :

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/5679/v,22

I just want to separate the two from one another in a proper way ..

Error seen using Internet Explorer & Opera :

http://sylvanahome.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=456

While all OK can be seen using Firefox browser.

HANSONS PAKISTAN

All I know is when I save the HTML source from the page in question, then make the change I suggested and open it on my local PC it looks great in IE7 and Firefox.

Personally I don't use crutches like Fckeditor (and who the heck gave it that screwy name anyway??!!??). I can code HTML without it thank you very much.

When I posted my reply I thought it was just a line of code in your product_info.php file.

I didn't realize it was part of the product description stored in the DB.

:blush:

It might be possible to run some kind of "find and replace" MYSQL statment that could fix all the descriptions in one fell swoop. MYSQL isn't something I've done much of.

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

Archived