• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

"Zend Optimizer not installed" - hacked?

Bashed Crab

HI Folks,

I accessed our CMS today and instead of being greeted by the normal data i have copy that reads:

"Zend Optimizer not installed

This file was encoded by the Zend Guard. In order to run it, please install the Zend Optimizer (available without charge), version 3.0.0 or later.

Seeing this message instead of the website you expected?

This means that this webserver is not configured correctly. In order to view this website properly, please contact the website's system administrator/webmaster with the following message:

The component "Zend Optimizer" is not installed on the Web Server and therefore cannot service encoded files. Please download and install the Zend Optimizer (available without charge) on the Web Server.

Note: Zend Technologies cannot resolve issues related to this message appearing on websites not belonging to Zend Technologies.

What is the Zend Optimizer?

The Zend Optimizer is one of the most popular PHP plugins for performance-improvement, and has been available without charge, since the early days of PHP 4. It improves performance by scanning PHP's intermediate code and passing it through multiple Optimization Passes to replace inefficient code patterns with more efficient code blocks. The replaced code blocks perform exactly the same operations as the original code, only faster.

In addition to improving performance, the Zend Optimizer also enables PHP to transparently load files encoded by the Zend Guard.

The Zend Optimizer is a free product available for download from Zend Technologies. Zend Technologies also developed the PHP scripting engine, known as the Zend Engine."

Have I been hacked - it would certainly look like it? If Ihave been how can I gain access to my data, is a backup required or is this hack a standard one with some basic get around...oh and of course being a non IT type how do I prevent this from happening again.

The site is vanuatu kava store dot com.

thanks in advance.

regards

BC

Hackers generally don't install code that will break the shop since it ruins their fun. That error occurs when one of the files requires that program in order to run. Are you sure you haven't uploaded something that requires zend to run? Once you are sure where the problem is coming from, you should ask your host to install zend since it will speed up your site.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Zend Optimizer not installed

this is server side module of PHP.

- hacked?

don't talk rubbish, check in google before post crap!

Please read this line: Do you want to find all the answers to your questions? click here. As for contribution database it's located here!

8 people out of 10 don't bother to read installation manuals. I can recommend: if you can't read the installation manual, don't bother to install any contribution yourself.

Before installing contribution or editing/updating/deleting any files, do the full backup, it will save to you & everyone here on the forum time to fix your issues.

Any issues with oscommerce, I am here to help you.

this is server side module of PHP.

don't talk rubbish, check in google before post crap!

Thanks for the heads up, on the case now.

Oh and also being a complete non IT guy you might want to give me some license re my terminolgy next time.

regards

BC

Archived