• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Design help with the log-in menu

jhande

Thank you, thank you, thank you so much for sticking with me and helping me figure this out, I really, really appreciate it guys!!!

You are just awesome!

Based on what you posted George I was able to figure out what to edit and finally make it work.

Thought I would share my results so you can see what all your hard efforts have accomblished. thumbsup.gif

greetingbox.jpg

loggedinbox.jpg

The code in the header file:

<td width="500" align="right" class="loginwrapper">
<?php if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) {
			?>
			<div class="loggedinField">
<?php echo tep_customer_greeting(); ?>
			<a href="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_LOGOFF, '', 'SSL'); ?>"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_LOGOFF; ?></a> | <a href="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL'); ?>"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_MY_ACCOUNT; ?></a> | <a href="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART); ?>"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_CART_CONTENTS; ?></a> | <a href="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL'); ?>"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_CHECKOUT; ?></a></div>
	<?php
	} else { ?>
	<div class="greeting">
  <?php echo tep_customer_greeting(); ?></div>

<?php
	}
	?>
  </td>

CSS styles:

.loginwrapper {
  color: #000;
  display: block;
  float: right;
  font: normal 11px Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
  height: 25px;
  width: 400px;
  margin-right: 15px;
  margin-top: 10px;
  text-decoration: none;
}

.greeting {
  background: url(images/GreetingBox.gif) no-repeat top right;
  padding-right: 8px;
  padding-top: 6px;
} 

.loggedinField {
  background: url(images/LoggedinBox.gif) no-repeat right top;
}

Although the final results might not look like much and some of you might be saying - "Big deal, it's just a background or a box", it is a BIG deal to me. My next project is to try and create a similar effect for the drop-down select menus. Once I accomplish that, I can impliment my site design idea. Hopefully after all these years I can come up with a more pleasing site than what I have (site link in my profile).

Again, thank you very much Kevin and George for all your help and devotion in seeing me through this project, very much appreciated!!!

biggrin.gif

- :: Jim :: -

- My Toolbox ~ Adobe Web Bundle, XAMPP & WinMerge | Install ~ osC v2.3.3.4 -

Thank you, thank you, thank you so much for sticking with me and helping me figure this out, I really, really appreciate it guys!!!

You are just awesome!

Based on what you posted George I was able to figure out what to edit and finally make it work.

Thought I would share my results so you can see what all your hard efforts have accomblished. thumbsup.gif

greetingbox.jpg

loggedinbox.jpg

The code in the header file:

<td width="500" align="right" class="loginwrapper">
<?php if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) {
			?>
			<div class="loggedinField">
<?php echo tep_customer_greeting(); ?>
			<a href="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_LOGOFF, '', 'SSL'); ?>"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_LOGOFF; ?></a> | <a href="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL'); ?>"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_MY_ACCOUNT; ?></a> | <a href="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART); ?>"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_CART_CONTENTS; ?></a> | <a href="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL'); ?>"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_CHECKOUT; ?></a></div>
	<?php
	} else { ?>
	<div class="greeting">
  <?php echo tep_customer_greeting(); ?></div>

<?php
	}
	?>
  </td>

CSS styles:

.loginwrapper {
  color: #000;
  font: normal 11px Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
  text-decoration: none;
}

.greeting {
  background: url(images/GreetingBox.gif) no-repeat top right;
} 

.loggedinField {
  background: url(images/LoggedinBox.gif) no-repeat right top;
}

Although the final results might not look like much and some of you might be saying - "Big deal, it's just a background or a box", it is a BIG deal to me. My next project is to try and create a similar effect for the drop-down select menus. Once I accomplish that, I can impliment my site design idea. Hopefully after all these years I can come up with a more pleasing site than what I have (site link in my profile).

Again, thank you very much Kevin and George for all your help and devotion in seeing me through this project, very much appreciated!!!

biggrin.gif

Cool! It's nice to know I'm not just spouting self-absorbed nonsense when I post here.

Oscommerce site:

OSC to CSS, http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/7263 -Mail Manager, http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/8120

Nope, it wasn't spouting nonsense George. wink.gif

I have to admit, sometimes teaching this old dog new tricks can be quite a challenge.

I'm grateful that you were up to it. biggrin.gif

Hope you have a Happy New Year!

Congrats on making it work Jim! Glad that George made the programming better. It wasn't until now that I found out I stuck an extra } in my PHP coding posted prior to Christmas. That's where you got your parse error. My bad. Hope I didn't drive anyone nuts on a decent idea, but I'm glad the else statement worked out in the end. At least now when anyone else wishes to do something like this, they can look at this thread and be spared tons of trouble!

I wish a happy new year to both of you!

Your inspiration of seperating the code with the "if" & "else" statements made all the difference in the world. thumbsup.gif

Unfortunately after all these years of playing with osC I still s_ck at PHP and that one little } blew me out of the water. sad.gif

I'm an old dog that knows basic HTML, took an introductory course in CSS & XHTML but it wasn't enough to get me up to speed on anything. Maybe I should have changed my major from networking IT to something more useful for my needs not the local companies. blush.gif

Again I thank both you Kevin and George for helping me with this.

I'm sure some else will find this useful. wink.gif

Archived