• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

KissMT Dynamic SEO Meta Tags

FWR Media

Yes I'm sure. If I change back the line "<?php include_once DIR_WS_MODULES . 'kiss_meta_tags/kiss_meta_tags.php'; ?>" to "<title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>" it works.

My language of my website is "portuguese".

Anyway thank you for to try.

:thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

Can you help me with this ?

/Regards Marcus

quote name='swekidz' date='19 February 2010 - 11:43 AM' timestamp='1266579792' post='1486227']

Hi

This works GREAT :thumbsup: , it have fix mutch on my shop , but i want to remove the Manufacturer from the titel. How can i do that ?

/Best Regards Marcus

Hi Robert,

I said I would give feedback on ranking later on so here I am after over a month now. I can vouch that some of my most active pages have better ranking since installing this mod. Note, the pages I'm monitoring are pages that were just as active and had been for a few years before adding this mod but the ranking now as much improved.

Hope this helps.

Hello.

Suggested from Ultimate SEO URL 5 and lots of problems I had, I have found KISS.

I have to mention this is an acronym I use dayly in my job.

To understand this post I have to say I am IT Manager from networking and systems areas.

So I do not have enought background to understand deep language and coding specifications.

but I am keen with this.

My previous (yesterday and today) problem was that 1 store working with Ultimate SEO URL 5 and Header tags SEO 3.1.8, working well in the begining, but false because never changed anything.

After spamming both forums, I have discovered the error and KISS. Good.

My current problem is that I have just arrived to a new Company that has lots of stores ALL WITH STS TEMPLATES.

It is impossible for me and the team to begin working in changing all the infrastructure to work without STS TEMPLATES.

As well as it, we do not have knowledge enought to know where do we need do modifications to add KISS to STS Templates.

I have seen in the very begining of this forum, was some posts talking about this issue.

Do you have some tips or ideas about how to do this.

Some help could be very very appreciated.

thank you.

ps. I have tested kiss, and I have to say it is KISS. :-)

Juan

Hello.

Suggested from Ultimate SEO URL 5 and lots of problems I had, I have found KISS.

I have to mention this is an acronym I use dayly in my job.

To understand this post I have to say I am IT Manager from networking and systems areas.

So I do not have enought background to understand deep language and coding specifications.

but I am keen with this.

My previous (yesterday and today) problem was that 1 store working with Ultimate SEO URL 5 and Header tags SEO 3.1.8, working well in the begining, but false because never changed anything.

After spamming both forums, I have discovered the error and KISS. Good.

My current problem is that I have just arrived to a new Company that has lots of stores ALL WITH STS TEMPLATES.

It is impossible for me and the team to begin working in changing all the infrastructure to work without STS TEMPLATES.

As well as it, we do not have knowledge enought to know where do we need do modifications to add KISS to STS Templates.

I have seen in the very begining of this forum, was some posts talking about this issue.

Do you have some tips or ideas about how to do this.

Some help could be very very appreciated.

thank you.

ps. I have tested kiss, and I have to say it is KISS. :-)

Juan

Hello.

I have solved partialy the problem.

Perhaps if you can help me, we can finish working on this and we can use with STS.

The question has bee simple:

STS has HTML files as templates, and it receive parameters in arrays, one of them is "$headcontent" where it places the title.

Before beggining touching STS code, and looking for how STS does this, i have tried a hack that works.

in the HTML template, BEFORE <!--$headcontent-->, add the KISSMT line

it is like:

<head>

<?php include_once DIR_WS_MODULES . 'kiss_meta_tags/kiss_meta_tags.php'; ?>

<!--$headcontent-->

in following posts, I will write how to avoid duplicated <title></title> removing the reference in STS.

The problem I have found is that doing this, something is lost in Kiss_meta_tags_class.php, because the $language variable is lost, so the script fails like:

<b>Warning</b>: include_once(includes/languages//kissmt.php)

look that is missed the language part

and the result is:

<title>KISSMT HOMEPAGE TITLE - KISSMT HOMEPAGE DESCRIPTION - KISSMT_TITLE_PADDING</title>

I have temporaly solved replacing the $language variable in Kiss_meta_tags_class.php with 'espanol' and it works in the beggining.

So, the question is if you can address me on what can happen with this variable.

let me remember you I am not a developer, but a networking guy.

Thank you very much.

Juan

Hello again.

I have observed it is not valid my solution in few cases.

it only "half" works.

The situation looks to be that when calling Kiss_meta_tags_class.php the variables as $language, $languages_id, $breadcrumbs.... are destroyed

For this reason only works in some cases. It works in individual pages, and in product pages, where KISSMT adds the product info, but not in generic pages where it uses $breadcrumbs.

The cuestion is "where are the variables destroyed?"

I will be back with the results, but I will appreciate some help if somebody reads this.

Juan

Hello again.

I have observed it is not valid my solution in few cases.

it only "half" works.

The situation looks to be that when calling Kiss_meta_tags_class.php the variables as $language, $languages_id, $breadcrumbs.... are destroyed

For this reason only works in some cases. It works in individual pages, and in product pages, where KISSMT adds the product info, but not in generic pages where it uses $breadcrumbs.

The cuestion is "where are the variables destroyed?"

I will be back with the results, but I will appreciate some help if somebody reads this.

Juan

The variables aren't "destroyed" STS is obviously working in a different scope, either within a function or a class where the scope containing these variables is not available.

You can bring them into scope by putting the following immediately before the KissMT line.

global $language, $languages_id, $breadcrumbs;

Also .. somebody took the time just a few pages back to describe in detail how to integrate KissMT with STS.

Edited by FWR Media

Thanks Robert.

it has been a very great help.

So, for these people interested in integrate with STS, only to write an example of working KISS with STS:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">

<html $htmlparams>

<head>

<?php global $language, $languages_id, $breadcrumb;

include_once DIR_WS_MODULES . 'kiss_meta_tags/kiss_meta_tags.php'; ?>

<!--$headcontent-->

</head>

Fantastic.

All is working right now... but.

PAYPAL EXPRESS MODULE:

When I select PAYPAL EXPRESS as the payment method, I receive errors from kiss_meta_tags_class.php

Warning: KissMT could not find a valid base filename, please inform the developer. in

[....]\includes\modules\kiss_meta_tags\classes\kiss_meta_tags_class.php on line 144

Warning: include_once([....]/includes/modules/kiss_meta_tags/modules/) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in [....]\includes\modules\kiss_meta_tags\classes\kiss_meta_tags_class.php on line 189

Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening '[....]/includes/modules/kiss_meta_tags/modules/' for inclusion (include_path='.;C:\EasyPHP\\php\pear\') in [....]\includes\modules\kiss_meta_tags\classes\kiss_meta_tags_class.php on line 189

Fatal error: Class 'KissMT_Module' not found in [....]\includes\modules\kiss_meta_tags\classes\kiss_meta_tags_class.php on line 190

I have solved the problem.

Just asking if the page is "paypal" and only use kiss if not is true

includes/modules/kiss_meta_tags.php

if ($_SERVER["PHP_SELF"] != '/ext/modules/payment/paypal/express.php'){

include_once DIR_WS_MODULES . 'kiss_meta_tags/classes/kiss_meta_tags_class.php';

/**

* Set the language - load the language specific stopwords - set everything up

*/

// KissMT::init()->setup( $language, $languages_id, $breadcrumb, $request_type );

KissMT::init()->setup( $language, $languages_id, $breadcrumb, $request_type );

/**

* Output the meta html

*/

KissMT::init()->output();

}

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the contribution, it worked very well on duplicate meta tags, but for some reason i am now getting "missing title tag" error in GOOGLE webmaster tools on babyfavorsandgifts.com/index.php

I don't know if is related to the contribution or just a coincidence, but PLEASE HELP! Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Lary

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the contribution, it worked very well on duplicate meta tags, but for some reason i am now getting "missing title tag" error in GOOGLE webmaster tools on babyfavorsandgifts.com/index.php

I don't know if is related to the contribution or just a coincidence, but PLEASE HELP! Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Lary

Had a look at that url it does indeed have a title tag.

Ive just installed this contribution after adding USU 5 thinking it would work fine. Unfortunatley i keep on getting an error wherever i add the header code. My error is as follows

Warning: Attempt to retrieve an inexistant property of KissMT named basename in ****\catalog\includes\modules\kiss_meta_tags\classes\kiss_meta_tags_class.php on line 209

Error!

Unable to determine the page link!

Im guessing ive done something wrong, but with such an easy installation i find it dificult to find out where and how. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

(PS i added the **** to cover up the direct path)

I installed this addon and it works great. The only problem I'm having is that I still see "Oscommerce" on the title bar. How do I change this?

I see this in the english.php file. Can I change this to dynamically reflect whatever product is being displayed? The URL is fine - just need the title bar to change too.

// page title

define('TITLE', 'osCommerce');

I see this in the english.php file. Can I change this to dynamically reflect whatever product is being displayed? The URL is fine - just need the title bar to change too.

// page title

which page are you looking at? I was going to say... change it to your store name but when I look at my kissmt language file, it's not written exactly as you written here so I thought maybe you weren't referring to that language file.

Ive just installed this contribution after adding USU 5 thinking it would work fine. Unfortunatley i keep on getting an error wherever i add the header code. My error is as follows

Warning: Attempt to retrieve an inexistant property of KissMT named basename in ****\catalog\includes\modules\kiss_meta_tags\classes\kiss_meta_tags_class.php on line 209

Error!

Unable to determine the page link!

Im guessing ive done something wrong, but with such an easy installation i find it dificult to find out where and how. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

(PS i added the **** to cover up the direct path)

This error makes no sense as the property $basename exists.

// page title

This also makes no sense, if you have replaced the title /title code then KissMT will not default to the standard osCommerce title.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Robert,

Where abouts can you modify the code to remove the model from displaying in the title for product_info pages?

Regards

George

Open up catalog/includes/modules/kiss_meta_tags/modules/product_info.php

Find ..

if ( tep_not_null( $product_results['products_model'] ) ) {  
        $leading_values .= '[-separator-]' . trim( $product_results['products_model'] );
     }

And comment it out .. like ..

//if ( tep_not_null( $product_results['products_model'] ) ) {  
        //$leading_values .= '[-separator-]' . trim( $product_results['products_model'] );
     //} 

That should do it .. don't forget to reset the cache.

That should do it .. don't forget to reset the cache.

I assume you are referring to the browser cache not kissmt cache? Works perfect when I reset cache on the browser. I commented out second if function as well - does it matter?

On another note could you please explain:

* How does this contrib looks after the duplicate title/descriptions caused by basic oscommerce functions as per your contrib 6214 used to? i.e. /my-great-product-c-47.html?page=2&sort=2a

* the KISSMT_CANONICAL_ON function and what I am supposed to see when I set it to either value. I cant seem to see any changes either way.

* Im trying to understand; i changed KISSMT_SPECIALS_TEXT and title and desc remain unchanged on the specials page until i deleted the kissmt cache. Why is that? Whats the benefit of kissmt cache?

You did a great job, so far I'm impressed.

Regards

George