• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Ultimate Seo Urls 5 Pro

FWR Media

Hi Sebastian,

What is the consequence of the 301 redirects? Is it having any adverse effect? 

Unfortunately I do not believe this add on is supported any more.

Also,  it does not appear to work with the most recent version of osCommerce - CE Phoenix

The Ultimate SEO add on by @Jack_mcs continues to be supported and works with CE Phoenix. I have it installed.

I would encourage you to upgrade to CE Phoenix  in due course.

In the interim, perhaps Jack as the resident SEO expert could answer your question for you.

Peter

CE PHOENIX SUPPORTER

Support the Project, go PRO and get access to certified add ons

Full-time I am a C-suite executive of a large retail company in Australia. In my spare time, I enjoying learning about web-design.

Download the latest version of CE Phoenix from gitHub here

Found it ! 

The re organization is du to parameters ordered by USU5 in alphabetical order !!

before : utm_Source=xxx&utm_Campaign=xx ....
after USU5 Logic utm_Campaign=xxx&utm_Source=xx ....

The solution : 

in \includes\modules\ultimate_seo_urls5\abstracts\page_modules.php

quote the sort code

private function rationaliseParameters() {
      foreach ( $this->parameters as $numkey => $get_pair ) {
        if ( !tep_not_null( $get_pair ) ) {
          unset( $this->parameters[$numkey] ); 
        }
      }
    //  sort( $this->parameters );  // removed to avoid any 301 redirect due to non alphabetical order of parameters
    } // end method

Cheers.

Seb

Osc 2.2 MS2

1 hour ago, peterpil19 said:

Hi Sebastian,

What is the consequence of the 301 redirects? Is it having any adverse effect? 

Unfortunately I do not believe this add on is supported any more.

Also,  it does not appear to work with the most recent version of osCommerce - CE Phoenix

The Ultimate SEO add on by @Jack_mcs continues to be supported and works with CE Phoenix. I have it installed.

I would encourage you to upgrade to CE Phoenix  in due course.

In the interim, perhaps Jack as the resident SEO expert could answer your question for you.

Peter

Thanks for your help Peter, saw it after replying to myself :)

Osc 2.2 MS2

• 1 month later...

@peterpil19,

I tested my updated version from the 2018 EDGE shop on Phoenix 1.0.2.5.

It works error free (error reporting set to ALL)

The last uploaded package R2.09 (october 2018): throws errors.

I believe my version is based on Release 2.08

Some update for the href lang tags of the latest version have been added, all seems to work correct. But I didn't do a very exhausted testing.

Here the package including the modified files for Phoenix 1.0.2.5:

Ultimate_SEO_URLs_5_Phoenix_beta.zip

Here the link to the GitHub repository of the complete shop:
https://github.com/raiwa/Responsive-osCommerce/tree/Ultimate-Seo-URLs-5

The instructions are not updated, just upload the "drop on top" and "compare_files" modified files.

If you have a test shop and would like to give it a try and others too. The href lang tags need a multilanguage store with at least 2 languages.

I'll try to contact the author to see if he would like to upload this as an update. I really have no time to give support for this.

Edited by raiwa

On 10/20/2019 at 10:57 AM, raiwa said:

It works error free (error reporting set to ALL)

The last uploaded package R2.09 (october 2018): throws errors.

Can you post the error log file to fix it? I can't find any USU errors on mine.

I don't have Phoenix installed and I won't install it for now, so can't say if there are differences, but for what I've seen it should work on it.

Edited by piernas

On 10/20/2019 at 7:27 PM, raiwa said:

@peterpil19,

If you have a test shop and would like to give it a try and others too. The href lang tags need a multilanguage store with at least 2 languages.

I'll try to contact the author to see if he would like to upload this as an update. I really have no time to give support for this.

Thanks for this, I will definitely give it a go when I get some time and report back.

Peter.

CE PHOENIX SUPPORTER

Support the Project, go PRO and get access to certified add ons

Full-time I am a C-suite executive of a large retail company in Australia. In my spare time, I enjoying learning about web-design.

Download the latest version of CE Phoenix from gitHub here

21 hours ago, piernas said:

Can you post the error log file to fix it? I can't find any USU errors on mine.

I don't have Phoenix installed and I won't install it for now, so can't say if there are differences, but for what I've seen it should work on it.

Hola Juanma,

I'm sorry I have no time to do a deeper research.

For a first aproach:

- cache system should be set to file or mysql by default, not to sqlite which is not supported on all systems and throws an error on installation
- database table definitions have been removed and need to be updated to hardcoded table names
- there are probably PHP 7.3 compatibility errors

It would be really nice if you could do the update for Phoenix.

Un saludo cordial
Rainer

@raiwa I''ll take a look at it. I'll have to install phoenix on a test server because I don't want to upgrade yet, so testing will be limited. Anyway latest uploaded version should work on php 7.3 - I'll check if I changed something and didn't update the files on the addons site.

On 10/22/2019 at 9:49 AM, raiwa said:

- cache system should be set to file or mysql by default, not to sqlite which is not supported on all systems and throws an error on installation

- database table definitions have been removed and need to be updated to hardcoded table names
- there are probably PHP 7.3 compatibility errors

Hola Rainer,

I'm checking the code. Cache system is set by default to sqlite only if it's installed on the system:

if ( !class_exists( 'SQLite3' ) ) {
    $standard_cache_strategy = 'file';
  } else $standard_cache_strategy = 'sqlite';

Table definitions were already changed in earlier revisions, even before these were changed in oscommerce BS.

I can't find any error related to USU 5 on  a PHP73 server running live so (unless I changed something and forgot to update the addon) it's PHP 7.3 ready. Please, if someone that uses this addon could check error logs we'll be sure.

I should change the "compare files" to match the current ones, but I'm not sure what version to use as I've seen some changes in the latest branch like product  tabs on admin, removal of cache system...

I've also noticed a new hook in categories.php:

$OSCOM_Hooks->call('categories', 'productPreAction');

This hook, if it does what I think, could help avoiding part of the core changes, but it's still not in the current (1.0.28) version.

I'll also update the modules from the shop side (navbar and boxes).  I vagely remember reading that burt wants to deprecate boxes in the shop side but I've been suddenly banned from phoenix club without notice and cannot verify it.

Do you know if there's some new feature that allows to inject code into application_top? If that last core edit could be injected this would be a 'drop and enjoy' addon :)

1 hour ago, piernas said:

This hook, if it does what I think, could help avoiding part of the core changes, but it's still not in the current (1.0.28) version.

You could always backport it.  So rather than some big block of changes, you add one hook line.  And then a hook file with the big block of changes. 

You know, something like, "If not already there, just before

if (tep_not_null($action)) {
    switch ($action) {

add

$OSCOM_Hooks->call('categories', 'productPreAction');

Then when Phoenix 1.0.3.0 drops, you'll be ready to go from a one line code change to no core code change.  After already managing to move the big block of code outside core. 

Always back up before making changes.

6 hours ago, piernas said:

I'm checking the code. Cache system is set by default to sqlite only if it's installed on the system:

if ( !class_exists( 'SQLite3' ) ) {
    $standard_cache_strategy = 'file';
  } else $standard_cache_strategy = 'sqlite';

Table definitions were already changed in earlier revisions, even before these were changed in oscommerce BS.

I can't find any error related to USU 5 on  a PHP73 server running live so (unless I changed something and forgot to update the addon) it's PHP 7.3 ready. Please, if someone that uses this addon could check error logs we'll be sure.

Hola Juanma,

With Ultimate Seo Urls 5 for Responsive Oscom R2.09 (october 2018):.

OSCOM CE Phoenix v1.0.2.5 under local develop installation with XAMPP and PHP 7.3.2 and error reporting set to ALL

I get on first time page load in the shop the following error:

Warning: Can not find cache system: sqlite - NOT supported on this system in C:\xampp_php_7_3_2\htdocs\Phoenix_Git\Responsive-osCommerce\includes\modules\ultimate_seo_urls5\main\bootstrap.php on line 529

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function retrieve() on bool in C:\xampp_php_7_3_2\htdocs\Phoenix_Git\Responsive-osCommerce\includes\modules\ultimate_seo_urls5\main\bootstrap.php:539 Stack trace: #0 C:\xampp_php_7_3_2\htdocs\Phoenix_Git\Responsive-osCommerce\includes\modules\ultimate_seo_urls5\main\bootstrap.php(87): Usu5_Bootstrap->setRegistry() #1 C:\xampp_php_7_3_2\htdocs\Phoenix_Git\Responsive-osCommerce\includes\modules\ultimate_seo_urls5\main\usu5.php(120): Usu5_Bootstrap->bootStrapper(Array) #2 C:\xampp_php_7_3_2\htdocs\Phoenix_Git\Responsive-osCommerce\includes\application_top.php(281): Usu_Main->initiate(Array, '2', 'espanol') #3 C:\xampp_php_7_3_2\htdocs\Phoenix_Git\Responsive-osCommerce\index.php(13): require('C:\\xampp_php_7_...') #4 {main} thrown in C:\xampp_php_7_3_2\htdocs\Phoenix_Git\Responsive-osCommerce\includes\modules\ultimate_seo_urls5\main\bootstrap.php on line 539

In Admin : Configuration Seo Urls 5 : Select your chosen cache system? : I see: sqlite - NOT supported on this system

When I switch cache system to file, I get:

Warning: Use of undefined constant TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION - assumed 'TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in C:\xampp_php_7_3_2\htdocs\Phoenix_Git\Responsive-osCommerce\includes\modules\ultimate_seo_urls5\page_modules\index.php on line 169

Warning: Use of undefined constant TABLE_CATEGORIES - assumed 'TABLE_CATEGORIES' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in C:\xampp_php_7_3_2\htdocs\Phoenix_Git\Responsive-osCommerce\includes\modules\ultimate_seo_urls5\page_modules\index.php on line 169
1146 - Table 'phoenix_git_ultimate_seo.table_categories' doesn't exist

SELECT cd2.categories_name AS pName, cd.categories_name AS cName FROM TABLE_CATEGORIES c LEFT JOIN TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION cd2 ON c.parent_id = cd2.categories_id AND c.parent_id = cd2.categories_id AND cd2.language_id = 2, TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION cd WHERE c.categories_id = cd.categories_id AND c.categories_id = 1 AND cd.language_id = 2

In the index page file I see in line 34-39:

protected $dependencies = array( 'cPath'            => array( 'marker'     => '-c-',
                                                                  'query'      => "SELECT cd2.categories_name AS pName, cd.categories_name AS cName FROM :TABLE_CATEGORIES c LEFT JOIN :TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION cd2 ON c.parent_id = cd2.categories_id AND c.parent_id = cd2.categories_id AND cd2.language_id = :languages_id, :TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION cd WHERE c.categories_id = cd.categories_id AND c.categories_id = :cid AND cd.language_id = :languages_id",
                                                                  'to_replace' => array( ':TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION', ':TABLE_CATEGORIES', ':languages_id', ':cid' ) ),
                                                                  'manufacturers_id' => array( 'marker'     => '-m-',
                                                                  'query'      => "SELECT manufacturers_name FROM :TABLE_MANUFACTURERS WHERE manufacturers_id=':manufacturers_id' LIMIT 1",
                                                                  'to_replace' => array( ':TABLE_MANUFACTURERS', ':manufacturers_id' ) ) );

I didn't check further.

Best regards
Rainer

Edited by raiwa

2 hours ago, raiwa said:

Hola Juanma,

With Ultimate Seo Urls 5 for Responsive Oscom R2.09 (october 2018):.

OSCOM CE Phoenix v1.0.2.5 under local develop installation with XAMPP and PHP 7.3.2 and error reporting set to ALL

I get on first time page load in the shop the following error:

Warning: Can not find cache system: sqlite - NOT supported on this system in C:\xampp_php_7_3_2\htdocs\Phoenix_Git\Responsive-osCommerce\includes\modules\ultimate_seo_urls5\main\bootstrap.php on line 529

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function retrieve() on bool in C:\xampp_php_7_3_2\htdocs\Phoenix_Git\Responsive-osCommerce\includes\modules\ultimate_seo_urls5\main\bootstrap.php:539 Stack trace: #0 C:\xampp_php_7_3_2\htdocs\Phoenix_Git\Responsive-osCommerce\includes\modules\ultimate_seo_urls5\main\bootstrap.php(87): Usu5_Bootstrap->setRegistry() #1 C:\xampp_php_7_3_2\htdocs\Phoenix_Git\Responsive-osCommerce\includes\modules\ultimate_seo_urls5\main\usu5.php(120): Usu5_Bootstrap->bootStrapper(Array) #2 C:\xampp_php_7_3_2\htdocs\Phoenix_Git\Responsive-osCommerce\includes\application_top.php(281): Usu_Main->initiate(Array, '2', 'espanol') #3 C:\xampp_php_7_3_2\htdocs\Phoenix_Git\Responsive-osCommerce\index.php(13): require('C:\\xampp_php_7_...') #4 {main} thrown in C:\xampp_php_7_3_2\htdocs\Phoenix_Git\Responsive-osCommerce\includes\modules\ultimate_seo_urls5\main\bootstrap.php on line 539

In Admin : Configuration Seo Urls 5 : Select your chosen cache system? : I see: sqlite - NOT supported on this system

When I switch cache system to file, I get:

Warning: Use of undefined constant TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION - assumed 'TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in C:\xampp_php_7_3_2\htdocs\Phoenix_Git\Responsive-osCommerce\includes\modules\ultimate_seo_urls5\page_modules\index.php on line 169

Warning: Use of undefined constant TABLE_CATEGORIES - assumed 'TABLE_CATEGORIES' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in C:\xampp_php_7_3_2\htdocs\Phoenix_Git\Responsive-osCommerce\includes\modules\ultimate_seo_urls5\page_modules\index.php on line 169
1146 - Table 'phoenix_git_ultimate_seo.table_categories' doesn't exist

SELECT cd2.categories_name AS pName, cd.categories_name AS cName FROM TABLE_CATEGORIES c LEFT JOIN TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION cd2 ON c.parent_id = cd2.categories_id AND c.parent_id = cd2.categories_id AND cd2.language_id = 2, TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION cd WHERE c.categories_id = cd.categories_id AND c.categories_id = 1 AND cd.language_id = 2

In the index page file I see in line 34-39:

protected $dependencies = array( 'cPath'            => array( 'marker'     => '-c-',
                                                                  'query'      => "SELECT cd2.categories_name AS pName, cd.categories_name AS cName FROM :TABLE_CATEGORIES c LEFT JOIN :TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION cd2 ON c.parent_id = cd2.categories_id AND c.parent_id = cd2.categories_id AND cd2.language_id = :languages_id, :TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION cd WHERE c.categories_id = cd.categories_id AND c.categories_id = :cid AND cd.language_id = :languages_id",
                                                                  'to_replace' => array( ':TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION', ':TABLE_CATEGORIES', ':languages_id', ':cid' ) ),
                                                                  'manufacturers_id' => array( 'marker'     => '-m-',
                                                                  'query'      => "SELECT manufacturers_name FROM :TABLE_MANUFACTURERS WHERE manufacturers_id=':manufacturers_id' LIMIT 1",
                                                                  'to_replace' => array( ':TABLE_MANUFACTURERS', ':manufacturers_id' ) ) );

I didn't check further.

Best regards
Rainer

Thanks, I'll check and fix it. I shouldn't check things at late hours!

Almost everything is done but some of the content modules and product listings. I'll have to dig and see what happened to new products modules on index pages (I cannot find them in latest version). If someone has already ported those items it would save me some work.

It's ready.

- Latest oscommerce (phoenix 1.0.3.0) compatible.
- Fixed more cache issues. Now sqlite and memcache are only enabled if system supports the methods.
- Moved admin edits to hooks. Now only two files on catalog needs to be modified.
- Removed database table constants.
- TODO: Allow to processs links outside root folder (ie. ext/directory). This is useful for addons like Twitter typeahead.

Can someone test the atached files before uploading to addons?

USU5_210.zip

6 hours ago, piernas said:

It's ready.

- Fixed more cache issues. Now sqlite and memcache are only enabled if system supports the methods.
- Moved admin edits to hooks. Now only two files on catalog needs to be modified.
- TODO: Allow to processs links outside root folder (ie. ext/directory). This is useful for addons like Twitter typeahead.

USU5_210.zip

Possible changes, something to think about;

• move HT module to Hook
  • change tpl_ file of core code rather than create new modules - the tpl_files are specifically created to allow shopowner to change them...
    for navbar
    for box

That would (potentially) be three fewer things to have to install.

I haven't installed it, so could not say if this is do-able or possible.  You'll know better.

Edited by burt
less. fewer.

8 hours ago, piernas said:

It's ready.

USU5_210.zip

Tested on Phoenix 1.0.3.0:

1.:
- first time store page load (installation):

Fatal error: Cannot declare class language, because the name is already in use in C:\xampp_php_7_3_2\htdocs\Phoenix_Git\Responsive-osCommerce\includes\classes\language.php on line 16

- uninstalled language navbar module => error disappears

- installed USU5 language navbar module => all ok

=> should be secured

2.:

1 hour ago, burt said:

• move HT module to Hook
  • The ht href language module is an optional module only for multilanguage stores
  • It adds the href language meta tag to the header, the most typical use for ht modules
  • hook => would need to be selective copied when installed (copy only if store languages > 1)
    or
  • hook => would need a check if store languages >1 => check would be executed on each page load
  • the ht module has page selection: ht can be configured via admin - hook would need to be edited to change pages list
  • Otherwise: does it need the page selection? for which reason the tags should not show on certain pages?
  • Suggestion: add an auto install script for the ht language module which installs it during installation of the other config entries only if store has more than 1 language.

3. :

In one live store I had to add an additional is_object check in: includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/main/usu5-php line 77 to avoid an error message:

if ( defined( 'USU5_ENABLED' ) && ( USU5_ENABLED == 'true' ) &&( USU5_CACHE_ON == 'true') && is_object('cache') ) {

4. :

Suggestion: add an uninstall config option for the whole USU5 installation to remove the config entries.

Otherwise, all seems to be ok. Great job Juanma!

Edited by raiwa

5 hours ago, burt said:

• move HT module to Hook
  • change tpl_ file of core code rather than create new modules - the tpl_files are specifically created to allow shopowner to change them...
    for navbar
    for box

That would (potentially) be three fewer things to have to install.

I haven't installed it, so could not say if this is do-able or possible.  You'll know better.

move HT module to Hook -> good idea

change tpl_ file -> I have a problem because templates uses a $usu5_multi class not declared as global in the modules. Any ideas?

7 minutes ago, piernas said:

move HT module to Hook -> good idea

Juanma, did you read this and my other points:

3 hours ago, raiwa said:

2.:

• The ht href language module is an optional module only for multilanguage stores
  • It adds the href language meta tag to the header, the most typical use for ht modules
  • hook => would need to be selective copied when installed (copy only if store languages > 1)
    or
  • hook => would need a check if store languages >1 => check would be executed on each page load
  • the ht module has page selection: ht can be configured via admin - hook would need to be edited to change pages list
  • Otherwise: does it need the page selection? for which reason the tags should not show on certain pages?
  • Suggestion: add an auto install script for the ht language module which installs it during installation of the other config entries only if store has more than 1 language.

3 hours ago, raiwa said:

Tested on Phoenix 1.0.3.0:

1.:
- first time store page load (installation):

Fatal error: Cannot declare class language, because the name is already in use in C:\xampp_php_7_3_2\htdocs\Phoenix_Git\Responsive-osCommerce\includes\classes\language.php on line 16

- uninstalled language navbar module => error disappears

- installed USU5 language navbar module => all ok

=> should be secured

2.:

or

3. :

In one live store I had to add an additional is_object check in: includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/main/usu5-php line 77 to avoid an error message:

if ( defined( 'USU5_ENABLED' ) && ( USU5_ENABLED == 'true' ) &&( USU5_CACHE_ON == 'true') && is_object('cache') ) {

4. :

Suggestion: add an uninstall config option for the whole USU5 installation to remove the config entries.

Otherwise, all seems to be ok. Great job Juanma!

1. Language class has been fixed. USU 5 does not use $lng but its own class to handle languages. It was loading languages class file without setting $lng so the next part of code that tried to load the class triggered that error. I think it could be good to load the class in navbar core module by checking first if the file has been included already (as other modules like paypal does).

What do you mean with "should be secured"?

2. I made the hook to load only if multilanguage is enabled for USU5, so no need to selective copy.

3. it's not throwing any errors here but I'll watch it . Where is cache object set?

4. I'll do on the next release.

10 minutes ago, raiwa said:

the ht module has page selection: ht can be configured via admin - hook would need to be edited to change pages list 

Otherwise: does it need the page selection? for which reason the tags should not show on certain pages?

Did you see any page that should not have the tag? At first I cannot think of any...

Edited by piernas

44 minutes ago, piernas said:

1. Language class has been fixed. USU 5 does not use $lng but its own class to handle languages. It was loading languages class file without setting $lng so the next part of code that tried to load the class triggered that error. I think it could be good to load the class in navbar core module by checking first if the file has been included already (as other modules like paypal does).

What do you mean with "should be secured"?

• Switch arrror reporting to ALL
  • Do a new installation in a multilanguage store.
  • Have the core language navbar installed
  • Load the first time a store page
  • You'll get the posted error
    WIth "secure" I mean add a check or whatever to make the error disappear or advise in the instructions to remove the core version (not a good solution)

2. I made the hook to load only if multilanguage is enabled for USU5, so no need to selective copy.

Fine, wasn't aware of the setting to be needed for to show href lang tags

3. it's not throwing any errors here but I'll watch it . Where is cache object set?

I don't know where it is set. I saw this error in an error log and fixed it like this. Maybe it shows only when the cache is reset, then on first page load.

37 minutes ago, piernas said:

Did you see any page that should not have the tag? At first I cannot think of any...

No, that's why I thought also that the page list is unnecessary. There are some pages where teh language tags are not needed because Google will never see them (checkout pages, account pages, download.php etc.), but it also makes no harm.

Edited by raiwa

href lang hook:

I wonder if you need the hook at all. You could add the href lang tags from within the usu 5 files. For example: includes/hreflang.php

=> one file less.

4 hours ago, raiwa said:
  • Switch arrror reporting to ALL
  • Do a new installation in a multilanguage store.
  • Have the core language navbar installed
  • Load the first time a store page
  • You'll get the posted error

Fine I meant I fixed after uploading the file. Will update later.

HI.

I have SEO URLS 5 working on 2.3.4. Works well.

If I install your recent version on Phoenix, can I configure it so my Product & Categories URL's remain the same as on my old site? (Using roughly the same Db, product names etc)

Edited by yahalimu