• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Ultimate Seo Urls 5 Pro

FWR Media

I'm not using the contribution of Chemo. I used the contribution Ultimate urls 5 and i updated to Ultimate urls 5 pro and it works very well, the only problem is with the googlesitemaps xml. To generate the googlesitemaps.xml i'm using the contribution googlexml_sitemap_seo_v_1.5, which generate: sitemappages.xml, sitemapcategories.xml, sitemapproducts.xml, sitemapmanufacturers.xml and sitemapindex.xml.

And I have errors 301 in my googlesitemaps.xml. Like this:

Every time I send my sitemaps I have a different problem, for example, this time in the sitemapproducts.xml is this url http://www.joyeriaplaor.com/product_info.php?products_id=555, which is the same as: http://www.joyeriaplaor.com/llamador-angeles-plata-piedras-p-555.html and this gives error 301.

Do I have to use then the usu5 xml sitempas to avoid this problem? Although if I use this extra of usu5 pro to generate the sitemaps.xml it only generates 3 xml sitemaps (sitemapIndex.xml, sitemapCategories.xml, sitemapProducts.xml). Moreover I don't know what to do to change from one contribution to another and remove the other sitemaps.xml I've sent to google.

USU5 Pro has its own xml sitemaps writer. Why not use that?

Hi

I am this contribution (latest version) with the Protx Direct contrib (http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/4026)

I think SEO URLs 5 is causing problems with protx as it is filtering short words, despite only filtering words of length '1'. The problem only occurs when you reach the 3D secure popup window (I am currently using sagepay simulator) when you click 'authenticate' you get the error:

The requested URL /protx_process.phpaction3Dreturnprotx_id87 was not found on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

As you can see '?' are missing from the url. Is there a way to exclude pages from this contribution, like you can with FWR Security?

Hi

I am this contribution (latest version) with the Protx Direct contrib (http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/4026)

I think SEO URLs 5 is causing problems with protx as it is filtering short words, despite only filtering words of length '1'. The problem only occurs when you reach the 3D secure popup window (I am currently using sagepay simulator) when you click 'authenticate' you get the error:

The requested URL /protx_process.phpaction3Dreturnprotx_id87 was not found on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

As you can see '?' are missing from the url. Is there a way to exclude pages from this contribution, like you can with FWR Security?

Firstly this is the original development topic for the PRO version as mentioned above and not the support topic.

Secondly .. no there is no chance that USU5 is doing that.

USU5 Pro has its own xml sitemaps writer. Why not use that?

I've tried with Usu pro xml sitemaps, but although permissions for Usu5_sitemaps and for the file index.php, which is inside this folder, are set to 777 I'm having some warnings:

"Warning: fopen(/home/xxxxxx/public_html/sitemapIndex.xml) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/usu5_sitemaps/index.php on line 23

Warning: usu5_xml_exists could not open sitemapIndex.xml in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/usu5_sitemaps/index.php on line 26 etc."

My web is in the root directory, not in catalog.

I've tried with Usu pro xml sitemaps, but although permissions for Usu5_sitemaps and for the file index.php, which is inside this folder, are set to 777 I'm having some warnings:

No the directory should be 0755 and the file 0644.

This error is normal, your server simply doesn't allow file creation in root.

Create the files manually and make them writeable then you'll be fine.

the required files are ( assuming no multiple languages )

sitemapIndex.xml

sitemapProducts.xml

sitemapCategories.xml

sitemapManufacturers.xml

No the directory should be 0755 and the file 0644.

This error is normal, your server simply doesn't allow file creation in root.

Create the files manually and make them writeable then you'll be fine.

the required files are ( assuming no multiple languages )

sitemapIndex.xml

sitemapProducts.xml

sitemapCategories.xml

sitemapManufacturers.xml

Thak you for your answer

I've done all you said, but I still have problems with one sitemap, the sitemapManufacturers.xml, and only with this one:

Warning: fopen(/home/xxxxxx/public_html/sitemapManufacturers.xml) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/usu5_sitemaps/index.php on line 23

Warning: usu5_xml_exists could not open sitemapManufacturers.xml in /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/usu5_sitemaps/index.php on line 26

And I don't know why. Although I'm not interested in this sitemap, because I don't use manufacturers I would prefer to have sitemappages and siotemapspecials. How could I solve this problem and Could I remove sitemapsManufacturers?

Thanks.

Thak you for your answer

I've done all you said, but I still have problems with one sitemap, the sitemapManufacturers.xml, and only with this one:

If sitemapManufacturers.xml exists and is writeable then it will work.

If sitemapManufacturers.xml exists and is writeable then it will work.

I've solved the problem and as I don't use manufactures I don't need this sitemap, so I've deleted the code that refers to manufacturers and all works well now I have to try sending the sitemaps to google and check if I don't have error 301 again.

I have one more question, could I have simaps for ppages and for specials?

Thank you very much

I have one more question, could I have simaps for ppages and for specials?

Well, I'm not going to change the code based on one request, also ..

I see no point whatsoever in a specials sitemap, those products are already in place in the products sitemap so what is the point in duplicating them?

Well, I'm not going to change the code based on one request, also ..

I see no point whatsoever in a specials sitemap, those products are already in place in the products sitemap so what is the point in duplicating them?

Yes I agree with you with specials, but I have a lot of ppages with interesting informations and I would like to have a sitemap for them, but I understand you are not going to change the code for one request.

Thank you very much again.

Hi FWR Media,

First of all: Great contri :thumbsup: i use it with great pleasure!

I was wondering (and saw something about it in previous posts) if its possible to get like: contact_us.php also as an .html document?

I'm sure with all that coding expertise it would be a piece of cake for you? Maybe some ajustments in htaccess?

I know SEO whise it would not make any difference but for "the eye" it looks a bit more professional if all the pages have the same extension.

Also its not an must for the contri itself (built in) but just an extra seperated option..

Hope you can help me out, i think alot of people would like this.

Greets,

demzie

Hi FWR Media,

First of all: Great contri :thumbsup: i use it with great pleasure!

I was wondering (and saw something about it in previous posts) if its possible to get like: contact_us.php also as an .html document?

I'm sure with all that coding expertise it would be a piece of cake for you? Maybe some ajustments in htaccess?

I know SEO whise it would not make any difference but for "the eye" it looks a bit more professional if all the pages have the same extension.

Also its not an must for the contri itself (built in) but just an extra seperated option..

Hope you can help me out, i think alot of people would like this.

Greets,

demzie

If you install the contrib Pages unlimited http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/1026 . These will become as you wish.

I haven't added functionality to change the static pages from PHP to .html as it has no use or benefit.

I haven't added functionality to change the static pages from PHP to .html as it has no use or benefit.

I know you havent..

But you know how right? Could you share that?

Edited by demz

I know you havent..

You are asking me to write bespoke code, just for you, free of charge, to which the answer is .. absolutely not!

You are asking me to write bespoke code, just for you, free of charge, to which the answer is .. absolutely not!

Are you always that hostile?

You offer an free contribution to the community, is it that strange when people use it, they ask questions?

In my eyes i didnt asked anything strange..

If you want money for it, why dont you say so?

Whats the price to make it fix? PM your paypal..

Im not that hostile you know, all business..

Are you always that hostile?

You offer an free contribution to the community, is it that strange when people use it, they ask questions?

In my eyes i didnt asked anything strange..

If you want money for it, why dont you say so?

Whats the price to make it fix? PM your paypal..

Im not that hostile you know, all business..

I don't want to prolong this discussion.

I'm not hostile at all, I spend many hours building and offering free contributions and supporting them.

If users request new functionality I happily consider it if it benefits the contribution and the community.

You however were asking for bespoke code for your own usage.

Yes I know how, but what people can't do that I can is precisely how I earn a living.

I will not PM my Paypal as this is not the place to discuss commercial dealings, if people need me commercially they generally know where to find me.

Ok, just send you an message @ your company! :)

I don't want to prolong this discussion.

I'm not hostile at all, I spend many hours building and offering free contributions and supporting them.

If users request new functionality I happily consider it if it benefits the contribution and the community.

You however were asking for bespoke code for your own usage.

Yes I know how, but what people can't do that I can is precisely how I earn a living.

I will not PM my Paypal as this is not the place to discuss commercial dealings, if people need me commercially they generally know where to find me.

Hi all,

Do anyone know if there is an USU5 page modules for "All Products SEO" contribution (OSC version 2.3.1)?

I would change an address like this:

http://www.mysite.com/catalog/all_products.php?fl=A

to something like this:

http://www.mysite.com/catalog/all_products.php-f-A

where A is the selected letter.

Better if it manages the page number also...

Thanks a lot.

Elminster82

Hi all,

Do anyone know if there is an USU5 page modules for "All Products SEO" contribution (OSC version 2.3.1)?

I would change an address like this:

http://www.mysite.co...oducts.php?fl=A

to something like this:

http://www.mysite.co...roducts.php-f-A

where A is the selected letter.

Better if it manages the page number also...

Thanks a lot.

Elminster82

No there isn't at this stage I have no intention of doing it, I'll explain why.

All products "SEO" is just a bunch of links, a different method of accessing the very same products that can be accessed by a menu. There is no SEO benefit to an all products page other than perhaps a slightly less deep access to products that are in deep categories.

As to the link it doesn't matter a jot what the link looks like as the page is not an page that will rank.

Edited by FWR Media

No there isn't at this stage I have no intention of doing it, I'll explain why.

All products "SEO" is just a bunch of links, a different method of accessing the very same products that can be accessed by a menu. There is no SEO benefit to an all products page other than perhaps a slightly less deep access to products that are in deep categories.

As to the link it doesn't matter a jot what the link looks like as the page is not an page that will rank.

Clear explanation. If you think it's not usefull at all I will not worry anymore.

Thanks.

Decided only to show the immediate parent .. some shops have deep categories and it would be ridiculous to show a chain of them.

Okay, some shops do really have a very deep category structure. But many have only two or three sub-categories. How complicated would it be to have additional (max.) three sub-categories included in the normal Category/ Product Links? I agree with you that ultra-long URLs make less sense and look less trustable but max. three slashes more won´t hurt anybody. I´m not sure but doesen´t Google ranks "/apple-computer/notebooks/product.htm" better than just "/notebooks/product.htm"? I would even try to do it by myself if you could give me a hint where to start!?.

Don´t get me wrong! I don´t want to mourn, this is a great contribution and i can´t thank you enough for the time and effort you ´ve invested to get it on this level. But I don´t believe that I´m the only one for whom that would be another real kicker for this contrib.

No matter what and once again: Thank you! :thumbsup:

Max

Edited by MaxB

Hi,

I have Ultimate Seo Urls5 PRO installed and at first I had in “choose the uri format” the option “rewrite”, but later I changed to “path_rewrite”. It seemed to work well but the problem now is that in google webmaster tools I have these problems:

-Duplicate metadescriptions, for example for this page: Artículos de regalo de Agatha Ruiz de la Prada, portafotos, cubiertos, chupeteros en plata, acero y, I have a duplicate:

/regalos-regalos-agatha-ruiz-c-44_49.html

/regalos/regalos-agatha-ruiz-c-44_49.html

-Duplicate title. Here I have a similar case

I use the contribution Header tags seo to generate the metatags. Does this mean that this contribution is not compatible with the path rewrite option of usu 5 pro?

Do I have to change and choose again the option “rewrite”?

Thanks

Hi,

As I had problems with duplicate meta descriptions and titles in google webmaster tools in subcategories if my settings changed to:

choose the uri format- path_rewrite

and I didn't have an answer to my previous post, I decided to go back to my initial settings: rewrite

But to my surprise, the urls have not changed they are still "/regalos/regalos-agatha-ruiz-c-44_49.html" and not "/regalos-regalos-agatha-ruiz-c-44_49.html". And I don't understand why.

The thing is that if it I try this in local they change.

Could you help me to solve this problem?

Thank you

Hi,

As I had problems with duplicate meta descriptions and titles in google webmaster tools in subcategories if my settings changed to:

choose the uri format- path_rewrite

and I didn't have an answer to my previous post, I decided to go back to my initial settings: rewrite

But to my surprise, the urls have not changed they are still "/regalos/regalos-agatha-ruiz-c-44_49.html" and not "/regalos-regalos-agatha-ruiz-c-44_49.html". And I don't understand why.

The thing is that if it I try this in local they change.

Could you help me to solve this problem?

Thank you

RESET the cache!!