• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Ultimate Seo Urls 5 Pro

FWR Media

Hi Robert,

I found something else:

When I change the value of "Manufacturers Select Size" in Admin->Configuration->Maximum Values to any other value but 1

it becomes impossible to select a manufacturer from the manufacturer's list-box in the shop.

Intermediate Report:

I found the last described error by accident, when I changed a setting in the admin, which didn't obviously have a connection to Seo Urls. Could you replicate this error? During the last week I tried many other combinations of admin settings without finding other errors. But there are still millions of combinations left for testing and I'll continue.

Idea for an improvement:

For multi language shops it could be good for the search engines to have different language names for standard pages like "privacy.php" "shipping.php" ...

I mean it could be nice to have "versand.php/de" and "doprava.php/cz" instead of "shipping.php/de" or "shipping.php/cz"

Hi Robert

After testing form many days all looks great no errors but now I got on my home page this error

Warning: Missing argument 1 for Sqlite_Cache_Module::gc(), called in /home1/folder/public_html/folder/osCommerce/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/main/usu5.php on line 212 and defined in /home1/folder/public_html/folder/osCommerce/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/cache_system/sqlite.php on line 78

Thanks

Robert posted a patch to solve this problem earlier in this thread.

Hi Robert

Can I have download link for the Ultimate Seo Urls 5 Pro version for a testing and play aroud?

Thanks

Send me a pm with your email address, please remember though this is a beta test so by downloading you are agreeing to feed back beta test information having tested all the functionality.

Hi Robert,

Don't sure if you got my pm beta request. I'm really interested about testing it.

My apologies .. now sent.

Thanks for the down load.

I have installed RC2.3 and noticed that the PHP SELF has changed. Will this make any difference i.e application top

No none

This is a "sanity check" system kicking in .. you can't have a product url without the product name as it wouldn't make sense.

This looks a bit odd when entering bmc in the admin it will show bmcp in the url.

Is it possible at all to cut off the products name from the url?

New redirect code for deleted products:

Ever deleted a product then wanted it to 301 redirect to a new product to preserve page rank?

Now you can. Albeit a simple manual system where you add the uri text to be captured into an array

Can you tell how this needs to be done?

kind regards

wim

This looks a bit odd when entering bmc in the admin it will show bmcp in the url.

Is it possible at all to cut off the products name from the url?

Can you tell how this needs to be done?

kind regards

wim

It doesn't make sense not to have the product name in a product url .. therefore there is specific code in place to stop this happening.

Re: redirects see ..

catalog/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/includes/uri_redirects_array.php

First Impressions:

Installation was easy and it integrates seamlessly into RC2.3. I have tried the variations of URI cbmp etc. I tried cbmpmpcbmp and it still operates.

The one problem that I am getting is with the new manufacturers box not changing (I believe it may be a javascript conflict). My old manufacturers box produces URI's as expected.

I am getting ?language=xx apended to the URI's when I change language, is this correct?.

I will try some of the other features today.

I have jquery add to cart installed. I am getting this error when USU5 PRO is enabled

The add to cart functions correctly in index.php but when in product_info.php I get this error

Error Type: [E_NOTICE] Undefined index: id

On line 44

File actions.php

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

This occurs whichever setting USU 5 PRO is on on.

Otherwise the URI's seem to be performing ok

First Impressions:

Installation was easy and it integrates seamlessly into RC2.3. I have tried the variations of URI cbmp etc. I tried cbmpmpcbmp and it still operates.

The one problem that I am getting is with the new manufacturers box not changing (I believe it may be a javascript conflict). My old manufacturers box produces URI's as expected.

I am getting ?language=xx apended to the URI's when I change language, is this correct?.

I will try some of the other features today.

I solved this one. I had 2 language boxes, yours plus the original. This now does not occur

Here is another little report:

Everything seems to work perfect, but now I found something that looks strange.

My default language is czech. When I switch the shop's language to german, everything looks fine until I have a manufacturers page like

//localhost/USU5Pro/de/microsoft-m-2.html

In this page, when I choose "Show: mice" from the select box above the product listing, the language switches back to the default language czech and I get the page //localhost/USU5Pro/microsoft-m-2.html?filter_id=9&sort=2a

catalog index.php

Find ..

echo ' 	<td align="center" class="main">' . tep_draw_form('filter', FILENAME_DEFAULT, 'get') . TEXT_SHOW . ' ';

Change to ..

echo ' 	<td align="center" class="main">' . tep_draw_form('filter', tep_href_link( FILENAME_DEFAULT ), 'get') . TEXT_SHOW . ' ';

Hi Robert,

I just installed USU 5 PRO on a fresh osCommerce RC2a, but now when I go to the catalog index I get the next error:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'SQLiteException' with message 'SQLiteDatabase::__construct() [<a href='sqlitedatabase.--construct'>sqlitedatabase.--construct</a>]: unable to open database: /usr/www/users/guide677/camposlorca/tiendas/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/cache_system/sqlite/usu_cache.db' in /usr/www/users/guide677/camposlorca/tiendas/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/cache_system/sqlite.php:46 Stack trace: #0 /usr/www/users/guide677/camposlorca/tiendas/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/cache_system/sqlite.php(46): SQLiteDatabase->__construct('/usr/www/users/...', 438, 'unable to open ...') #1 [internal function]: Sqlite_Cache_Module::i() #2 /usr/www/users/guide677/camposlorca/tiendas/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/main/bootstrap.php(380): call_user_func(Array) #3 /usr/www/users/guide677/camposlorca/tiendas/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/main/bootstrap.php(49): Usu5_Bootstrap->cacheSystem() #4 /usr/www/users/guide677/camposlorca/tiendas/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/main/usu5.php(69): Usu in /usr/www/users/guide677/camposlorca/tiendas/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/cache_system/sqlite.php on line 46

What's wrong?

Thanks

Hi Robert,

I just installed USU 5 PRO on a fresh osCommerce RC2a, but now when I go to the catalog index I get the next error:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'SQLiteException' with message 'SQLiteDatabase::__construct() [<a href='sqlitedatabase.--construct'>sqlitedatabase.--construct</a>]: unable to open database: /usr/www/users/guide677/camposlorca/tiendas/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/cache_system/sqlite/usu_cache.db' in /usr/www/users/guide677/camposlorca/tiendas/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/cache_system/sqlite.php:46 Stack trace: #0 /usr/www/users/guide677/camposlorca/tiendas/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/cache_system/sqlite.php(46): SQLiteDatabase->__construct('/usr/www/users/...', 438, 'unable to open ...') #1 [internal function]: Sqlite_Cache_Module::i() #2 /usr/www/users/guide677/camposlorca/tiendas/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/main/bootstrap.php(380): call_user_func(Array) #3 /usr/www/users/guide677/camposlorca/tiendas/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/main/bootstrap.php(49): Usu5_Bootstrap->cacheSystem() #4 /usr/www/users/guide677/camposlorca/tiendas/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/main/usu5.php(69): Usu in /usr/www/users/guide677/camposlorca/tiendas/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/cache_system/sqlite.php on line 46

What's wrong?

Thanks

I'd imagine that tiendas/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/cache_system/sqlite/ is not writeable.

I had the same error like Maniman a while ago.

Warning: Missing argument 1 for Sqlite_Cache_Module::gc(), called in... 

Then I changed in includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/cache_system/sqlite.php

public function gc( $file_info ) {

to

public function gc( $file_info = false ) {

and I deleted the usu_cache.db file

This had this error as a result:

Fatal error: Declaration of Sqlite_Cache_Module::gc() must be compatible with that of 
iCache_System::gc() in D:\Conus Test 
Site\wamp\www\catalog\includes\modules\ultimate_seo_urls5\cache_system\sqlite.php on line 19

When changing the cache system the error disappears

Hi Robert,

I have english like default language. Then When I change to the spanish or german language, I get the next uris

http://www.mysite.com/tiendas/index.php/es

http://www.mysite.com/tiendas/index.php/de

(the same with the other Php files)

Would it be possible get uris like?

http://www.mysite.com/tiendas/es

http://www.mysite.com/tiendas/de

On the USU 5 BETA documentation I read that this scenario happened when it hadn't a default language, but I think I have enhglish like default language so don't understand this behavior.

Regards,

Eduardo

Hi Robert,

I have english like default language. Then When I change to the spanish or german language, I get the next uris

http://www.mysite.co...as/index.php/es

http://www.mysite.co...as/index.php/de

(the same with the other Php files)

Would it be possible get uris like?

http://www.mysite.com/tiendas/de

On the USU 5 BETA documentation I read that this scenario happened when it hadn't a default language, but I think I have enhglish like default language so don't understand this behavior.

Regards,

Eduardo

You will get urls like: -

If you are using the rewrite options.

Yes I see what you mean now Burt. It's the same thing .. seo uri will not be produced where there are attributes in the products_id .. bots shouldn't have products in cart so no SEO issue.

I suppose an admin setting could be put in place to suppress attributes and therefore produce seo uri in these cases but I struggle to see the benefit.

hi

about this. Bots could become aware of the traditional link, if a customer decides to copy paste this traditional link and post it in a forum etc..

That way, the link would be duplicate content, with the seo url, already spidered - would it not?

Dedicated OsCommerce user. 2011 will be the return of OsC

hi

about this. Bots could become aware of the traditional link, if a customer decides to copy paste this traditional link and post it in a forum etc..

That way, the link would be duplicate content, with the seo url, already spidered - would it not?

ouch - just saw i replied your post which is 10months old. sorry :)

Dedicated OsCommerce user. 2011 will be the return of OsC

Hi Robert,

I m finding that USU 5 PRO respond to my expectatives, but I noted the think that manniman reported about manufactures pages:

I mean the ussue that happen when I switch the shop's language to spanish, everything looks fine until I have a manufacturers page like

//localhost/USU5Pro/es/microsoft-m-2.html

In this page, when I choose "Mostras: ratones" (Show: mouses) from the select box above the product listing, the language switches back to the default language english and I get the page //localhost/USU5Pro/microsoft-m-2.html?filter_id=9&sort=2a .

Regards,

Eduardo

Hi Robert,

I m finding that USU 5 PRO respond to my expectatives, but I noted the think that manniman reported about manufactures pages:

I mean the ussue that happen when I switch the shop's language to spanish, everything looks fine until I have a manufacturers page like

//localhost/USU5Pro/es/microsoft-m-2.html

In this page, when I choose "Mostras: ratones" (Show: mouses) from the select box above the product listing, the language switches back to the default language english and I get the page //localhost/USU5Pro/microsoft-m-2.html?filter_id=9&sort=2a .

Regards,

Eduardo

Eduardo

This is a development and beta testing topic.

As issues are found they are resolved .. read back about 7 posts please.