• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Ultimate Seo Urls 5 Pro

FWR Media

Hi Rob!

Need some more beta testers?

I can give it a go...

I'd love you to, at the moment though all there are is "drop on top" instructions for installing on top of a fresh RC2a .. do you want to try this or wait for full instructions?

Hi Rob,

I can try it on a local testing server if you want and do a "drop on top" there.

Only I'm not sure this works on a local server? I believe I read on the forums that Ultimate_SEO_URLSv22d_5 could not be installed local. (not sure why it didn't work)

Maybe this is not an issue with this version??

If it can be installed local, then I can test it for you if you like.

kind regards

wim

Hi Rob,

I can try it on a local testing server if you want and do a "drop on top" there.

Only I'm not sure this works on a local server? I believe I read on the forums that Ultimate_SEO_URLSv22d_5 could not be installed local. (not sure why it didn't work)

Maybe this is not an issue with this version??

If it can be installed local, then I can test it for you if you like.

kind regards

wim

I play with it locally installed all the time the old series 2 2.2-2d versions in my opinion have issues.

I'll send you a link then.

Hi Rob,

The drop on top went great!

A few questions though:

When I change to rewrite and path_rewrite mode, all the product pages return a 404 error.

No problems so far with the standard and path_standard modes.

the .htaccess file is changed like described.

The requested URL /oscommerce-2.2rc2a/catalog/hardware-c-1.html was not found on this server.

The title says:

.../oscommerce-2.2rc2a/catalog/index.php/hardware-c-1?osCsid=5kaknc52qlrlsggs6buo0ra9r7

I don't see it in the usu_init file, but is it possible to cut off the osCid from the url?

Kind regards

wim

Edited by Mister_dj

Hi Rob,

The drop on top went great!

A few questions though:

When I change to rewrite and path_rewrite mode, all the product pages return a 404 error.

No problems so far with the standard and path_standard modes.

the .htaccess file is changed like described.

The requested URL /oscommerce-2.2rc2a/catalog/hardware-c-1.html was not found on this server.

The title says:

.../oscommerce-2.2rc2a/catalog/index.php/hardware-c-1?osCsid=5kaknc52qlrlsggs6buo0ra9r7

is it possible to cut off the osCid from the url?

Hi Wim

If you are getting a 404 using the rewrite methods then rewrites are not working on your home pc server .. make sure that mod_rewrite is running in apache ( Loaded Modules in phpinfo() ) and that AllowOverride is set to all in httpd.conf .. like ..

# AllowOverride controls what directives may be placed in .htaccess files.
# It can be "All", "None", or any combination of the keywords:
#   Options FileInfo AuthConfig Limit
#
   AllowOverride All

I am assuming that you have rewriteBase set correctly ..

RewriteBase /oscommerce-2.2rc2a/catalog/ 

Regarding the osCsid localhost will never save the session as it is not a real domain .. try this ..

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

change it to the following: -

# 127.0.0.1       localhost
127.0.0.1 www.localdev.com

Now go to includes/configure.php and change the localhost settings to www.localdev.com. ( same in admin/includes/configure.php ).

Reboot the pc.

Now try and access your site as www.localdev.com/oscommerce-2.2rc2a/catalog/

Edited by FWR Media

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the tips! I got it working now on the local server.

This realy looks great! No errors, no further problems.

What I like most is the fact that the model number and the manufacturer can be added to the url with this contribution.

And the possibility that the order of manufactuer, model number, category and product name can be changed the way it suits the user best.

This was not possible with the previous versions, and this (I believe) is very important.

Can't wait for the full release!

Kind regards

wim

Edited by Mister_dj

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the tips! I got it working now on the local server.

This realy looks great! No errors, no further problems.

What I like most is the fact that the model number and the manufacturer can be added to the url with this contribution.

And the possibility that the order of manufactuer, model number, category and product name can be changed the way it suits the user best.

This was not possible with the previous versions, and this (I believe) is very important.

Can't wait for the full release!

Kind regards

wim

Thanks Wim .. very encouraging feedback and thanks for trying it out.

I was a little surprised not to get feedback from you on the multi language SEO functionality as when I built this that was the main aim so e.g.

A user in Holland could have a French version and a German version indexed as they all have different links.

Currently you can have any number of languages on an osCommerce site but you have zero chance of them being individually indexed.

Edited by FWR Media

I was a little surprised not to get feedback from you on the multi language SEO functionality as when I built this that was the main aim so e.g.

A user in Holland could have a French version and a German version indexed as they all have different links.

Currently you can have any number of languages on an osCommerce site but you have zero chance of them being individually indexed.

Sorry...

That's because at the moment I only use the dutch language in my shop. But the multi language functionality will be very usefull for me in the near future because here in Belgium we speak 3 different languages!

But I want to focus on one language first. then move on to the next one.

This functionality will have a huge benefit for my shop, it's just a matter of time!

kind regards

Rob,

I have been monitoring this thread with much enthusiasm. I am currently adding 3 additional languages to my site and am hoping to get the various versions indexed separately. Testing would interest me but my version of OSC is highly modified.

This Pro version will be my first rewrite mod so hopefully it goes well when the contrib is ready.

Also, I can attempt to install this on my store if it will aid your testing process.

thanks,

Dustin

Rob,

I have been monitoring this thread with much enthusiasm. I am currently adding 3 additional languages to my site and am hoping to get the various versions indexed separately. Testing would interest me but my version of OSC is highly modified.

This Pro version will be my first rewrite mod so hopefully it goes well when the contrib is ready.

Also, I can attempt to install this on my store if it will aid your testing process.

thanks,

Dustin

Hi Dustin

You shouldn't attempt to install this on a live site at the moment as there are no instructions to do so. I will however be putting together some full instructions very soon.

Do you not have a local test environment on your local PC? If not you probably should as it's a great way to modify your existing live shop without compromising the live site.

Yes the base (canonical) index path should be www.mysite.com/ and not www.mysite.com/index.php I was aware of this the same change was made to KissMT.

Hi Dustin

You shouldn't attempt to install this on a live site at the moment as there are no instructions to do so. I will however be putting together some full instructions very soon.

Do you not have a local test environment on your local PC? If not you probably should as it's a great way to modify your existing live shop without compromising the live site.

I just got a new machine and I am going to set up a test environment so that I can help you perfect this contrib. What is the difficulty level of creating a functional environment for testing? Do you have any suggested packages or guides for implementation?

I just got a new machine and I am going to set up a test environment so that I can help you perfect this contrib. What is the difficulty level of creating a functional environment for testing? Do you have any suggested packages or guides for implementation?

I build the individual parts myself but there are easy free packages out there like ..

NuSphere TechPlatform

there are also others like xamp, wamp etc etc.

Edited by FWR Media

• 2 weeks later...

Has anybody tested the rewrite function with IIS running Helicon ISAPI_rewrite?

I have Version 2.1 running on IIS in rewrite with this mod which works really well. Having loaded version 5 on my dev site everything seems fine, all the urls seem to be written correctly but it gets stuck in an endless loop. the only error reported in the PHP error log is:

PHP Fatal error: require() [<a href='function.require'>function.require</a>]: Failed opening required 'includes/configure.php' (include_path='.;C:\php5\pear') in D:\Inetpub\wwwroot\TestSite\includes\application_top.php on line 32

The path to pear is infact d:\php\pear but I could not trace what was causing this error. I assume that it was in their somwhere but got fed up of looking.

I'm going to switch our dev site over into a root directory tonight and try it again.

Also if you need to test on IIS let me know I should be able to assist we have a few IIS servers online and should be able to find space somewhere.

Cheers

Rhys

Edited by parksey

Has anybody tested the rewrite function with IIS running Helicon ISAPI_rewrite?

I have Version 2.1 running on IIS in rewrite with this mod which works really well. Having loaded version 5 on my dev site everything seems fine, all the urls seem to be written correctly but it gets stuck in an endless loop. the only error reported in the PHP error log is:

PHP Fatal error: require() [<a href='function.require'>function.require</a>]: Failed opening required 'includes/configure.php' (include_path='.;C:\php5\pear') in D:\Inetpub\wwwroot\TestSite\includes\application_top.php on line 32

The path to pear is infact d:\php\pear but I could not trace what was causing this error. I assume that it was in their somwhere but got fed up of looking.

I'm going to switch our dev site over into a root directory tonight and try it again.

Also if you need to test on IIS let me know I should be able to assist we have a few IIS servers online and should be able to find space somewhere.

Cheers

Rhys

Hi Rhys

Yes I have tested ISAPI rewrite version 2.0 and 3.0 both work .. as does the other free IIS rewrite module.

Great,

Any idea why I can't get version 5 working on IIS then with rewrite installed?

All the URL's look fine and are the same as version 2 urls? so it's got me stumped?

Cheers

Have you tried firefox addon live HTTP headers to see what the redirect loop is?

Never used that add-on so here is the output seems ok to me

HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently

Connection: close

Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 20:28:59 GMT

Server: Microsoft-IIS/6.0

X-Powered-By: ASP.NET, PHP/5.2.5

Set-Cookie: cookie_test=please_accept_for_session; expires=Sat, 13-Mar-2010 20:28:59 GMT; path=/; domain=DEVSITE.com

Expires: Thu, 19 Nov 1981 08:52:00 GMT

Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate, post-check=0, pre-check=0

Pragma: no-cache

Content-Encoding: gzip

Vary: Accept-Encoding

Content-Type: text/html

Saying that I would have thought that I should not be getting a 301 redirect for a generated url? surly this should be 200.

Any thoughts?

Oh and sorry I just realised I was on the wrong thread.

At least I've offered to test pro :)

ROFLMAO

Glad to be of assistance :)

Any idea now you've finished laughing?

Replied in the USU5 support topic.