• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Daily Specials

Jack_mcs

No, I don't recall doing that. In fact, I just downloaded the last version, 1.5, of this contribution from here, http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/7142, and it doesn't have anything at all do to with 2.3 that I can see. Are you sure you are using this conribution?

I'm sorry, it appears that it's not the right one.

I was talking about the contribution easymap.

I don't know how I came here.

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

I use the EasyMap for oscommerce, and my question how to fix in the left column the link to show the correct link and not the: MODULE_BOXES_INFORMATION_EASYMAP

I wait your reply.

Regards

• 3 months later...

A new version has been uploaded with these changes:

- Added an option to disable the sale if the product count is 0 and the product list option is used.

- Added an option to allow adding the shop's specials to the Daily Specials list.

- Added dates to the specials page (suggested by user ptt81).

- Added code to send a notification email to customers that have elected to be notified about the product on special.

- Added a link on the products page to show there is a discount availble for it.

- Added a confirmation dialog for the delete button.

- Added active special count display in admin.

- Fixed code in easy discount that would cause an error under some conditions.

- Fixed discount code to take quantities into account.

- Fixed mysql code to properly handle apostrophes in admin.

- Made 2.3 compatible

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 weeks later...

- Added an option to disable the sale if the product count is 0 and the product list option is used.

- Added an option to allow adding the shop's specials to the Daily Specials list.

- Added dates to the specials page (suggested by user ptt81).

- Added code to send a notification email to customers that have elected to be notified about the product on special.

- Added a link on the products page to show there is a discount availble for it.

- Added a confirmation dialog for the delete button.

- Added active special count display in admin.

- Fixed code in easy discount that would cause an error under some conditions.

- Fixed discount code to take quantities into account.

- Fixed mysql code to properly handle apostrophes in admin.

- Made 2.3 compatible

Hi all,

For me, the instrucitons for After_2.3 point to locations which I don't have with a shop at 2.3.3, upgrade from 2.3.1. Looking at a vanilla 2.3 I beleive them missing as well.

For example step 8 points to includes/column_right.php, however there is no column_right or column_left at this location, there is however an admin/includes/column_left.php....

Step 11 points ot a non existant includes/osc_template.php ....

Step 13 points to includes/boxes/shopping_cart.php however there is no boxes directory at this layer.

If anyone can provide insight I would appreciate it. Perhaps I am simply not following somehting ???

Regards,

• 4 months later...

- Fixed notification code.

- On update and notify - indicate how many customers were notified.

- Sorted specials by name.

- Added names of active specials to display.

- Added a note on the product page showing the special.

- Added an option so the notifications can be tested

- Removed error when image isn't used.

- Replaced the javascript popup with a jquery one.

- Added code to use an html editor

I didn't get a chance to thoroughly test these changes though I did test them on a live shop and didn't have any problems. But be sure to backup the files, as one should always do.

I just noticed I missed changing the version string. This is not needed for operation but will prevent the version checker code from reporting correctly. If you want that fixed, in admin/daily_specials.php change

$currentVersion = 'Daily Specials V 1.6';

to

$currentVersion = 'Daily Specials V 1.7';

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

• 4 months later...

Hi all,

For me, the instrucitons for After_2.3 point to locations which I don't have with a shop at 2.3.3, upgrade from 2.3.1. Looking at a vanilla 2.3 I beleive them missing as well.

For example step 8 points to includes/column_right.php, however there is no column_right or column_left at this location, there is however an admin/includes/column_left.php....

Step 11 points ot a non existant includes/osc_template.php ....

Step 13 points to includes/boxes/shopping_cart.php however there is no boxes directory at this layer.

If anyone can provide insight I would appreciate it. Perhaps I am simply not following somehting ???

Regards,

encountered the same

step8: these 2 files do not exist

step11: i found osc_template.php in includes/classes/

step13: i am unable to find the line "new infoBox($info_box_contents);" in any file in oscomerce except one of the daily specials files i had just copied over

i also have issue with 2nd part of ..

step17: where it says " FIND (around line 44),

<tr>

<td class="pageHeading"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></td>

<td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'table_background_specials.gif', HEADING_TITLE, HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>

</tr>"

i cant find this code within this file

There are some mistakes in the 2.3 code. That has been fixed in the next version but I haven't had time to put together a package. It should be done fairly soon though.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

- Added a Create a New Special option to the dropdown list to make creating specials easier

- Corrected notification code so it correctly identifies customers that are to be notified.

- Fixed 2.3 code and instruction mistakes.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I'm not familiar with that addon but, in general, this addon can't do anything with the codes any of the coupon-type addons create. But if you are asking if you can use them both at the same time, then yes, you can do that.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 months later...

Yes, that is an oversight. I don't use tax in any of my shops so it isn't something I think about when coding, though I should. I will add an option for that in the next version.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I installed this add on and it has worked like 2 times with my test site. at first I couldn't get it to work but once I enabled to include specials then it worked. I went into the daily special control and for my specials I selected them into test mode. Ever since then now my daily special I created doesn't ever appear now.

Here is what I have configured in control

Special test is populated with plain text no mark up language at all

pop up test is populated with plain text

condition1 is set to qty

condition2 is set to greater than

condition3 is set to 1

condition4 is set to 25%

start date=2013-12-09 00:00:00

finish date=2013-12-27 00:00:00

use css is checked

categories is set to "select to clear"

Pages is set to "index"

I dont think its anything with the install though cause like i said it worked 1 time

Check to make sure Daily Specials is enabled in the settings. Maybe you turned it off by mistake. Also make sure the easy discount module is installed and enabled. And you didn't mention the test mode setting in the special. If that is on, the special will only be seen by the shop owner when logged in.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I must be missing something then. When I read the readme.txt I see "It accomplishes this with the use of Boxtel's excellent Easy Discount contribution, which is included in this package." but in the admin I dont see where I can install it. Looks like I need to obtain this module too.

Thanks Jack

It's included, as stated. But you have to install it. From the instructions,

...first go to admin->Modules->Order Total and install the Easy Discount module
Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

So I believe I am getting closer now and after re validating everything I did notice one thing. for some reason the portion for line 44 im not seeing in that file im suppose to modify

Step 14

14) In specials.php,

FIND (around line 15),

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_SPECIALS);

ADD ABOVE:

/*** Begin Daily Specials ***/

$dsPresent = false;

if (isset($_GET['dsID']) && (int)$_GET['dsID'] > 0) {

$ds_query = tep_db_query("select popup_text from " . TABLE_DAILY_SPECIALS . " where unique_id = " . (int)$_GET['dsID'] . " and ( language_id = 99 or language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "') limit 1");

if (tep_db_num_rows($ds_query) > 0) {

$ds = tep_db_fetch_array($ds_query);

$dsPresent = true;

}

}

/*** End Daily Specials ***/

FIND (around line 44),

<tr>

<td class="pageHeading"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></td>

<td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'table_background_specials.gif', HEADING_TITLE, HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>

</tr>

ADD BENEATH:

<!-- Begin Daily Specials -->

<?php if ($dsPresent) { ?>

<tr>

<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo $ds['popup_text']; ?></td>

</tr>

<?php } ?>

<!-- End Daily Specials -->

Edited by peterdlv

That's a mistake in the instructions. It should read

FIND:

<h1><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></h1>

ADD BENEATH:

<!-- Begin Daily Specials -->

<?php if ($dsPresent) { ?>

<div style="padding-top:10px;"><?php echo $ds['popup_text']; ?></div>

<?php } ?>

<!-- End Daily Specials -->

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

There's not any code in the addon that would allow one and not the other, short of the obvious things like not being enabled, stop date wrong, in test mode and so on.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 5 months later...

A new version has been uploaded with these changes:

- Added code for image specials to allow existing images to be used.
- Added a setting to have a copy of notification email sent to the shop owner.
- Added report section to show results of the sale (not fully released yet).
- Corrected spelling and grammar mistakes.
- Corrected installation instructions for 2.3 as found by member peterdiv.
- Changed code for the shopping_cart box so Daily Specials enable/disable setting is checked.
- Changed code for jquery includes since it would fail for some installations.
- Changed notification code - removed requirement for the cusomter to have set the newsletter option.
- Changed notification code - only works if at least one product is selected.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey Jack, I am running into a small problem. I created a discount under the control module and here is what I selected

Condition1=Cart Total

Condition 2=Greater than

Condition 3=19.99

Coupon Amount=560

If I place 2 items in the cart it applied the discount 2 times. Is this me configuring the discount with too many Conditions ?

When the conditions are met, the discount is applied to the cart total so the more items in the cart, the higher the total and the higher the discount.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons