• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Daily Specials

Jack_mcs

The only thing I can think of that might cause that is if you have another banner in test mode. That banner won't show but it will take up a place in the rotation so none would show when it is reached. Be sure the ending dates of all banners you don't want to show are past dates. Other than that, I don't have any other ideas.

That was it...Thanks again!! Please share some of that genius!! I can use it!!

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I don't. It works fine in shops I've installed it in that have more than one language.

Sorry but i find no answer to this issue. :(

The Banner and the infobox shows up by language_id 99 in both languages but only when i switch to English language the discount appears in boxes/shopping_cart and shopping_cart.php. Perhaps you can point me to the right direction. That would be very kind.

Thanks in advance

Sorry but i find no answer to this issue. :(

The Banner and the infobox shows up by language_id 99 in both languages but only when i switch to English language the discount appears in boxes/shopping_cart and shopping_cart.php. Perhaps you can point me to the right direction. That would be very kind.

I'm not sure I understand. It sounds like you are saying the banner appears correctly, regardless of the language, but the discount doesn't show on the shopping cart. Is that correct?

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I'm not sure I understand. It sounds like you are saying the banner appears correctly, regardless of the language, but the discount doesn't show on the shopping cart. Is that correct?

Yes, that's what i mean, sorry for my bad english! :rolleyes:

ok i give an example

• for language_id 1 (english) all shows up correctly (banner, infobox, easy_discount (in shopping_cart and boxes/shopping_cart))
  • for language_id 2 (german) only banner and infobox, shows up correctly no easy_discount in shopping_cart and boxes/shopping_cart
  • for language_id 99 (all) only banner and infobox, shows up correctly no easy_discount in shopping_cart and boxes/shopping_cart for german,
    for english everything works as expected

I hope you can help me :blush:

Edited by 2fix4u

Yes, that's what i mean, sorry for my bad english! :rolleyes:

ok i give an example

• for language_id 1 (english) all shows up correctly (banner, infobox, easy_discount (in shopping_cart and boxes/shopping_cart))
  • for language_id 2 (german) only banner and infobox, shows up correctly no easy_discount in shopping_cart and boxes/shopping_cart
  • for language_id 99 (all) only banner and infobox, shows up correctly no easy_discount in shopping_cart and boxes/shopping_cart for german,
    for english everything works as expected

I hope you can help me :blush:

My guess is that you didn't make the required changes the german language files. A trobuleshooting procedure was just recently gone through in this thread. You can use it to isolate the problem.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

My guess is that you didn't make the required changes the german language files. A trobuleshooting procedure was just recently gone through in this thread. You can use it to isolate the problem.

you're right! The problem was i've made the required changes to german.php and have simultaneously translated them from English to German.

after several contribs, this is a normal procedure for me and comes automatically! :lol:

After changing the defines from German to the Original from the manual, everything works.

These defines:

define('TEXT_COUPON_CONDITION_CART_QTY', 'Cart Quantity');
define('TEXT_COUPON_CONDITION_CART_TOTAL', 'Cart Total');
define('TEXT_COUPON_CONDITION_EQL', 'Equal To');
define('TEXT_COUPON_CONDITION_GTR', 'Greater Than');

are necessary for condition1, condition2 and condition3 and don't have to be changed! :rolleyes:

sorry for bothering you and thanks again

this drive me crazy :'(

for a discount of 10% for a product that costs 10€ the calculated discount is -0.84 € :blink:

Sub-Total: 10.00 €

10% : - 0.84 €

Total: 9.16 €

Can you please tell me why

this drive me crazy :'(

for a discount of 10% for a product that costs 10€ the calculated discount is -0.84 € :blink:

Can you please tell me why

It's the TaxRate! Can you please tell me how i can add the TaxRate automatically?

Thank you

It's the TaxRate! Can you please tell me how i can add the TaxRate automatically?

You have to adjust the sort order of the easy discount module in admin->modules so that it comes after the tax class.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 weeks later...

A new version has been uploaded with these changes:

- Added default check to switch statement in case definitions are missing on shop side

- Added database setting so the popup image can be set from there

- Added option to enambe and use one of the popular html editors (editor must be installed separately)

- Added code to allow the renaming of an existing special

- Changed page title so the current version is displayed

- Fixed code so it checks for attributes pricing when a category or product is selected in the special

- Fixed code so multiple discounts of the same type can be used at once

- Fixed problem added in last release where the delete button would not show in admin

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

A new version has been uploaded with these changes:

- Added default check to switch statement in case definitions are missing on shop side

- Added database setting so the popup image can be set from there

- Added option to enambe and use one of the popular html editors (editor must be installed separately)

- Added code to allow the renaming of an existing special

- Changed page title so the current version is displayed

- Fixed code so it checks for attributes pricing when a category or product is selected in the special

- Fixed code so multiple discounts of the same type can be used at once

- Fixed problem added in last release where the delete button would not show in admin

Many thanks for that, but vers. 1.4 is the last to download.

Edited by 2fix4u

Hi, got another little problem with order editor.

By adding a product to an order, this error message appears:

Fatal error: Call to a member function count() on a non-object in /.../.../.../.../catalog/includes/modules/order_total/ot_easy_discount.php  on line 17

I think it's a very famous contrib and it would be very nice if daily specials where compatible with it.

for any kind of suggestions I would be very grateful.

Thanks in advance

Harry

That's due to the order editor code not knowing about the easy discount code. There was a fix for that posted in the easy discount thread, as I recall.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Jack,

I saw your previous post on order editor compatibility issues and have searched the Easy Discount thread until my eyes bleed.

One of the ED Contributions claims a fix :

This adds compatibility for order editor contrib.

in admin/edit_orders.php AND admin/edit_orders.php:

AFTER:

$currencies = new currencies();

ADD:

// easy discount

if(file_exists(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'easy_discount.php')){

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'easy_discount.php');

$easy_discount = new easy_discount();

}

NOTE: IF YOU used the previous version of this mod then:

in catalog/admin/includes/application_top.php:

****AFTER:

// include shopping cart class

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'shopping_cart.php');

DELETE:

// include easy discount products class

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'easy_discount.php');

For a start it refers to two files that are the same.

And when I apply the fix I get :

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/username/public_html/admin folder/edit_orders.php on line 1675

I dont have any space after the final ?>.

This is hurting as I use order editor to record telephone orders.

Could you please help ?

Thanks

Now running on a fully modded, Mobile Friendly 2.3.4 Store with the Excellent MTS installed - See my profile for the mods installed ..... So much thanks for all the help given along the way by forum members.

I saw your previous post on order editor compatibility issues and have searched the Easy Discount thread until my eyes bleed.

One of the ED Contributions claims a fix :

For a start it refers to two files that are the same.

And when I apply the fix I get :

I dont have any space after the final ?>.

This is hurting as I use order editor to record telephone orders.

Could you please help ?

Yes, that looks like the change I was referring to. The error is indicating a coding error in the file, not a space problem. I suggest removing the code you added and make sure the page loads correctly. Then add the new code back in a secion at a time, testing the editor after each change.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks Jack,

When I remove the code I get the error 2fix4u quoted above:

Fatal error: Call to a member function count() on a non-object in /.../.../.../.../catalog/includes/modules/order_total/ot_easy_discount.php on line 17

Thanks

Now running on a fully modded, Mobile Friendly 2.3.4 Store with the Excellent MTS installed - See my profile for the mods installed ..... So much thanks for all the help given along the way by forum members.

Ok,

Reinstalled the fix code and now I get :

Fatal error: Call to a member function count() on a non-object in /home/user/public_html/includes/modules/order_total/ot_easy_discount.php on line 17

Thanks

Ok,

Reinstalled the fix code and now I get :

I don't use the order editor and don't have a shop set up to test with but my guess is that you need to use something like:

require(DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT . '/' .DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'easy_discount.php');

if (!tep_session_is_registered('easy_discount')) {
   tep_session_register('easy_discount');
   $easy_discount->reset(); 
 }

I can't help you anymore than that though since it would require setting up a shop and testing it.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I don't use the order editor and don't have a shop set up to test with but my guess is that you need to use something like:

require(DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT . '/' .DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'easy_discount.php');

if (!tep_session_is_registered('easy_discount')) {
   tep_session_register('easy_discount');
   $easy_discount->reset(); 
 }

I can't help you anymore than that though since it would require setting up a shop and testing it.

Thanks Jack, Didnt work, I used that code in the two files and still get the following error when using order editor:

Fatal error: Call to a member function count() on a non-object in /home/USER/public_html/includes/modules/order_total/ot_easy_discount.php on line 17

I will try a post in the general support link to see if anyone has got the two working together.

Thanks

Edited by Mort-lemur

Fatal error: Call to a member function count() on a non-object in /home/USER/public_html/includes/modules/order_total/ot_easy_discount.php on line 17

That error is saying it can't find part of the easy discount class. Have you installed that class (not only physically but in the modules). If so, does your includes/classes/easy_discount.php file have a function named count?

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

That error is saying it can't find part of the easy discount class. Have you installed that class (not only physically but in the modules). If so, does your includes/classes/easy_discount.php file have a function named count?

Hi,

Yes physically installed it, and activated it from admin.

Line 17 says :

if ($easy_discount->count() > 0) {

and in my includes/classes/easy_discount.php I can find this function :

function count() {

return sizeof($this->discounts);

Thanks

Yes physically installed it, and activated it from admin.

Line 17 says :

and in my includes/classes/easy_discount.php I can find this function :

Then I'm out of ideas. :(

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks Jack,

I have removed the Daily Specials contribution until such time as I can get more info on this.

As I said previously I will try a post in the general forum to see if anyone has the 2 contributions working together - Im sure someone must have, as they are both popular modifications.

Thanks