osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Daily Specials

Jack_mcs

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is one I use personally so it will get updated more often. Input from users helps me see things I may not otherwise think about though so I appreicate any suggestions.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi

Just installed but when I pick on any of the categories or pages in the bottom right corner, I get a yellow triangle (MSIE 7) and when clicking on it the error is

Line 32

char 1

id is undefined

admin/daily_specials.php

function ClearSelections(idname) {

alert(id); *** This is line 32 when view source ***

var list = document.daily_special_home.idname;
 if (list.selectedIndex == 0) {
   list.selectedIndex = 0;
 }  
}

I'm on PHP 5 if that makes a difference

Cheers

Ian

Edit: Just renamed alert(id) to alert(idname) and a "testing??" alert came up. Commented the line out and now get a different yellow triangle message

Line 34

char 3

selectedindex is null or not an object

admin/daily_specials.php

Same function but this time

Ian

Edited by ianric

Hi

Just installed but when I pick on any of the categories or pages in the bottom right corner, I get a yellow triangle (MSIE 7) and when clicking on it the error is

First, the alert(id) line shouldn't be in there at all. It won't hurt anything but it is for testing and should be removed for normal use. As far as the error is concerned, are you saying that if you just go into the daily specials page and click once on a category an error appears?

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

First, the alert(id) line shouldn't be in there at all. It won't hurt anything but it is for testing and should be removed for normal use. As far as the error is concerned, are you saying that if you just go into the daily specials page and click once on a category an error appears?

Hi Jack

Yep, as soon as I pick a category or page, the error shows up. No visible errors in Firefox but a few in the error console.

Just PM'd you a link to a pic

Cheers

Ian

Yep, as soon as I pick a category or page, the error shows up. No visible errors in Firefox but a few in the error console.

I'm confused. I thought you were referring to the category box in the admin->Daily Specials section but the error you sent shows the error on the shop side. I must not be understanding the problem.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I'm confused. I thought you were referring to the category box in the admin->Daily Specials section but the error you sent shows the error on the shop side. I must not be understanding the problem.

Sorry for the confusion. The error shows in admin->daily_specials.php ONLY when I pick on a category or page and I *think* this is causing the errors shop side. In Firefox, nothing happened when I clicked on the banner and that's when I found the error console with all the errors.

This is the error admin side in IE

Line 34

char 3

SelectedIndex is null or not an object

admin/daily_specials.php

View source and line 34 is

I'm at the office now so not got access to Firefox or my store site but did some more testing last night and I still get the error admin side but the shop side seems to work in IE.

Now, I have another problem. The main shopping cart shows the discount incorrectly. The shopping cart box is correct.

I've created a daily special called 80s dance

condition 1 - cart total

condition 2 - greater than

condition 3 - 10%

categories - 80s dance (get a yellow triangle error)

pages - select to clear

main shopping cart

subtotal - £11.30

80s dance -£1.00 (should be £1.13)

total - £10.17

shopping cart box

subtotal - £11.30

80s dance -£1.13

total - £10.17

Also, what does the daily specials info box do? I was expecting a list similar to the stock specials but I read that it has nothing to do with that.

Hope this is understandable

Ian

This is the error admin side in IE

Line 34

char 3

SelectedIndex is null or not an object

admin/daily_specials.php

The categories box in admin is just a static box. The code doesn't do anything when it is clicked on. It is only when update is clicked that that box comes into play. So there is something else going on there that I won't be able to help with since I've no way to duplicate it.

Now, I have another problem. The main shopping cart shows the discount incorrectly. The shopping cart box is correct.

The code that calculates this is the same so I don't see how this is possible. If already had Easy Discount installed, the code in this contribution is a little different from the orignial so be sure you upload all files.

Also, what does the daily specials info box do? I was expecting a list similar to the stock specials but I read that it has nothing to do with that.

It displays the popup text of an active special. If there is more than one active one, it randomly loads them. A link will also be shown in the box that goes to the daily special page.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack, I was wondering if your contribution supports product attributes and taken into account the Separate Pricing Per Customer (SPPC) or customer group pricing contribution? Or is it just an interface on top of the default Specials? I'm still unclear of how this actually works since i was waiting for a better version to be released before installing, my shop is heavily modified I don't want to have to dig thru codes to upgrade to new version later on.

The categories box in admin is just a static box. The code doesn't do anything when it is clicked on. It is only when update is clicked that that box comes into play. So there is something else going on there that I won't be able to help with since I've no way to duplicate it.The code that calculates this is the same so I don't see how this is possible. If already had Easy Discount installed, the code in this contribution is a little different from the orignial so be sure you upload all files.

It displays the popup text of an active special. If there is more than one active one, it randomly loads them. A link will also be shown in the box that goes to the daily special page.

Hi Jack, Thanks for the answers

Been testing it some more today and I couldn't get it to fail apart from the admin side so I'm happy again. I do have KGT discount installed so there could be a conflict.

Cheers

Ian

Hi Jack, I was wondering if your contribution supports product attributes and taken into account the Separate Pricing Per Customer (SPPC) or customer group pricing contribution? Or is it just an interface on top of the default Specials? I'm still unclear of how this actually works since i was waiting for a better version to be released before installing, my shop is heavily modified I don't want to have to dig thru codes to upgrade to new version later on.

I'm not sure what you mean by "supports product attributes." It applies the discount to however the settings are set in admin. Nothing is in the code for SPPC. The code will apply the special to whatever is in the shopping cart that fits the settings for that special. If you want it to apply to only certain groups, it won't do it.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 1 month later...

Hi, I wouldnt have a clue how to install this. Can someone either guide me through it, or give me a price to install this?

It comes with instructions. Did you try those?

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

It comes with instructions. Did you try those?

I tried, but as I said, I dont know how to install these addons. Where is the database? What file goes where? What changes need to be made? I can adjust php files, easy enough, but i dont know how to use myphpadmin....

Walking you through how to install a contribution isn't something to be covered in a support thread like this. You'll need to post in the general support thread for help with that. Or, you can use google (always the best thing to do before posting here) and read what others have said since this is a common issue. See here.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Okay I seem to be getting this message in my admin:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare do_magic_quotes_gpc() (previously declared in /home/hasaudio/public_html/admin/includes/functions/compatibility.php:18) in /home/hasaudio/public_html/admin/includes/functions/compatibility.php on line 30

Any Ideas?

This doesnt look good!

Warning: require(includes/classes/navigation_history.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/hasaudio/public_html/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 136

Warning: require(includes/classes/navigation_history.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/hasaudio/public_html/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 136

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/classes/navigation_history.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/hasaudio/public_html/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 136

Those errors don't have anything to do with this contribution. My guess is that you overwrote or deleted something that shouldn't have been overwritten or deleted. For the magic quotes problems, you can look through these posts to get an idea of what is wrong. But the easiest solution would be to restore everything to get the shop working and then try again.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 weeks later...

A new version has been uploaded with these changes:

- Added instructions for STS

- Added spacing between the specials on the daily_specials.php page

- Changed code for upcoming specials on the daily_specials.php page to show only future specials

- Changed so that default language of All is selected with a new special

- Changed code so that a new special is automatically selected

- Improved cron script

- Fixed coding error with version checking code

- Fixed admin/daily_specials.php where it would fail if an apostrophe was used for the popup text

- Fixed coding mistake in incldues/classes/easy_discount.php regarding rounding

- Fixed problem that would corrupt a special when the language was changed

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

A new version has been uploaded with these changes:

- Added instructions for STS

- Added spacing between the specials on the daily_specials.php page

- Changed code for upcoming specials on the daily_specials.php page to show only future specials

- Changed so that default language of All is selected with a new special

- Changed code so that a new special is automatically selected

- Improved cron script

- Fixed coding error with version checking code

- Fixed admin/daily_specials.php where it would fail if an apostrophe was used for the popup text

- Fixed coding mistake in incldues/classes/easy_discount.php regarding rounding

- Fixed problem that would corrupt a special when the language was changed

Hi Jack and thanks for this update.

Unfortunately, on my Admin side, the Category Tree don't show up. The only thing i see is "Select to Clear"!

here is the function from admin/daily_specials.php

<?php
          $categories_array = array();
          $categories_array[] = array('id' => TEXT_SELECT_ALL, 'text' => TEXT_SELECT_ALL);
          $categories_array = tep_get_category_tree('','','',$categories_array);

$cats = explode(",", $ds['categories']);
          $selectedCats = array();    
          $pos = 0; 
          for ($c = 0; $c < count($categories_array); ++$c)
          {
             if (in_array($categories_array[$c]['id'], $cats))
             {
                $selectedCats[$pos] = array('id' => $categories_array[$c]['id'], 'text' => $categories_array[$c]['text']);
                $pos++;
             }  
          }
          if (empty($selectedCats)) //force the first selection if empty
            $selectedCats[0] = array('id' => $categories_array[0]['id'], 'text' => $categories_array[0]['text']);

$pages_array = GetDSFilesList($language);
          $pages = explode(",", $ds['pages']);
          $selectedPages = array();    
          $pos = 0; 
          for ($c = 0; $c < count($pages_array); ++$c)
          {
             if (in_array($pages_array[$c]['id'], $pages))
             {
                $selectedPages[$pos] = array('id' => $pages_array[$c]['id'], 'text' => $pages_array[$c]['text']);
                $pos++;
             }  
          }
        ?> 

Any Suggestions?

Thank you!

The category code is the same as used in a standard shop. If you can go to admin->Catalog and see the categories list where it says Go To: (upper right), then the basic code is working and something is wrong in your installation of this contribution. Otherwise, there is something wrong with your shops code.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The category code is the same as used in a standard shop. If you can go to admin->Catalog and see the categories list where it says Go To: (upper right), then the basic code is working and something is wrong in your installation of this contribution. Otherwise, there is something wrong with your shops code.

Sorry my fault! :-"

I've changed the original "tep_get_category_tree" function for an other contrib.

Thanks

Sorry, got another problem.

The easy discount don't show up in:

•  
  • boxes/shopping_cart.php
  • in specials.php
  • in shopping_cart.php
  • as ot at checkout

it seems that the discount will not be applied. I went through the manual 5 times or more, everything is perfectly installed.

I've everything tested, test Mode or not, Example of Image special, Example of text special and my own created.

What can i do to test if the easy discount is applied or not?

Thanks very much

Harry

The easy discount don't show up in:

•  
  • boxes/shopping_cart.php
  • in specials.php
  • in shopping_cart.php
  • as ot at checkout

it seems that the discount will not be applied. I went through the manual 5 times or more, everything is perfectly installed.

I've everything tested, test Mode or not, Example of Image special, Example of text special and my own created.

What can i do to test if the easy discount is applied or not?

Did you install the Easy Discount module in admin->Modules->Order Total?

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons