• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Daily Specials

Jack_mcs

This addon provides a way to announce a quick sale by placing a banner, either an image or text, below the header. It doesn't have any code built-in for creating sales but that can be done with the specials section in admin->Catalog or by installing one of the many coupon related addons. It is compatible with all versions of osCommerce. Images are included to give an idea of what it looks like in use.

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It works by itself but you have to have the code installed to handle what you announce. For example, if you go to admin->Catalog->Specials and place Product A on sale for 10% off, you can then use this addon to add a banner announcing that. But if you add a banner that says all products are 10% offer and you don't have a contribution installed that will do that, then the banner would not be truthful.

I thought about adding the code to handle discounts but there are too many variations to consider. Plus, that would be duplicating effort since many shops already have discount modules installed.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi thanks for this contri, verry usefull but it doesn't work for me :-(

I get this error: "Call to a member function add_current_page() on a non-object in /home/themagic/public_html/test/includes/application_top.php on line 317"

and what is the function of the file daily_specials_popup.php ?

regards,

Jan

Dreams can come true, if you help them a littlebit

I get this error: "Call to a member function add_current_page() on a non-object in /home/themagic/public_html/test/includes/application_top.php on line 317"

It doesn't have anything to do with this addon. Searching google, which should always be done first, returns these threads.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Morning,

I've got it to work, i don't know what the problem was but it works.

i understand the popup also ;-)

One question, when i setup a daily banner i must wait till the date is passed.

i can't delete or reset it before the end date.

Is this by all the users or only by me?

regards,

Jan

You should be able to change the date. Just go to admin->Daily Specials, select the entry from the dropdown list, change the date and update it.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 4 weeks later...

This addon provides a way to announce a quick sale by placing a banner, either an image or text, below the header. It doesn't have any code built-in for creating sales but that can be done with the specials section in admin->Catalog or by installing one of the many coupon related addons. It is compatible with all versions of osCommerce. Images are included to give an idea of what it looks like in use.

Hi Jack,

thank you for this very useful contrib.

But there is a little issue on admin side. When i select default language "german" and save my settings and if i go to "select existing special" there will be displayed "english". But on Catalog side the Banner/CSS will displayed on german sites.

Perhaps, its only a small issue, but I just wanted to report it.

Many thanks and sorry for my awful english!

And Mery X-Mas to all.

• 3 weeks later...

1146 - Table 'oscomm.table_customers_groups' doesn't exist

select customers_group_name, customers_group_id from TABLE_CUSTOMERS_GROUPS order by customers_group_id

[TEP STOP]

Got this after installing happy hours ....

osc v2.2rc2

(I`m a rookie...)Can anyone help me ?

Edited by slyde

But there is a little issue on admin side. When i select default language "german" and save my settings and if i go to "select existing special" there will be displayed "english". But on Catalog side the Banner/CSS will displayed on german sites.

Perhaps, its only a small issue, but I just wanted to report it.

I apologize for the late reply. I just noticed it. I tried creating a banner for german and it showed up in admin when I went back in so I don't know what your problem might be.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

1146 - Table 'oscomm.table_customers_groups' doesn't exist

select customers_group_name, customers_group_id from TABLE_CUSTOMERS_GROUPS order by customers_group_id

Got this after installing happy hours ....

This is the support thread for the Daily Specials contribution. Please post your question in the appropriate thread.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure what is wrong. Have looked into the code a few times and even double checked to make sure all files is there. I did go to catalog -> specials and set up which to expire anywhere from one to seven days. Then at daily special control, I selected select existing special. I enter start/end date. Then click the browse button to upload the image. Even tried without uploading image.

After this and going to site, the only thing I see under header is the dailyspecial2.jpg with no text on that banner. Even after clicking the banner, it will bring up the popup but only contains my background image with text at top. Nothing else.

So am I missing a file? There should not be any thing in admin -> config, right? I did download files from the catalog_New_Files_only directory. I am assuming it's just something simple and I am missing it.

Thanks.

Bennett

Edited by blr044

Its better to use a Banner Manager contribution and create a new group "Daily especials".

And then place the condicion "if banner" in the header.

Baners can be defined to determined date start-end.

If someone is interested, this is the code:

<!-- bof banner /-->

<?php

if ($banner = tep_banner_exists('dynamic', 'NAMEIT')) {

?>

<br>

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td align="center"><?php echo tep_display_banner('static', $banner); ?></td>

</tr>

</table>

<?php

}

?>

<!-- eof banner /-->

Make a group called "NAMEIT" in the bannermanager, thats all.

NAMEIT can be replaced by something you prefer.

Succes!

Not sure what is wrong. Have looked into the code a few times and even double checked to make sure all files is there. I did go to catalog -> specials and set up which to expire anywhere from one to seven days. Then at daily special control, I selected select existing special. I enter start/end date. Then click the browse button to upload the image. Even tried without uploading image.

This contribution doesn't have any connection with the specials in your shop. The "existing specials" in the dropdown refers to entries you created for this contribution. You need to enter the text or create the image that you want displayed.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

If someone is interested, this is the code:

Please don't post code that has nothing to do with this contribution in this thread.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 1 month later...

A new version has been uploaded. This is a major change and I'm sure I will miss some of the changes but here are the major ones:

- Any number of specials can be easily created.

- There is now built-in code to allow automatic creation of basic specials based on cart quantity or cart total. So, for example, a special can be setup that will give 10% off if the cart total is over $100. This is accomplished using Boxtel's excellent Easy Discount contribution. If that is already installed, this addition won't affect its operation.

- The category and products can be entered so the special only applies to them. So, for example, there could be a sale for $5 off any item in only one category.

- A test mode is available so the shop owner can view the specials on the site without your customers being able to see them.

- Specials can be set to recur every so many days after expiration. So a special that ends today can be set to automatically run again in three months (or whatever time is entered).

- The popup text is now edited in the admin, instead of in a file.

- An infobox has been added to show the specials in a column.

- A page has been added to show all current, past and future specials.

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

A new version has been uploaded with these changes:

- Added missing instructions for setting up the Easy Discount module

- Fixed problem with text mode not working under certain conditions

- Fixed rounding problem in Easy Discount code

- Fixed some coding issues when ran in strict mode

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

A new version has been uploaded with these changes:

- Added missing class to includes/modules/daily_specials_banner.php

- Added code to display store logo in the popup

- Fixed code in includes/modules/daily_specials_banner.php so html code works with the javascript

- Fixed problem with product filter not working when the product had an attribute

- Fixed problem where discount was not removed if the sale item was removed from the cart

- Fixed another rounding problem in Easy Discount code

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I have a feature request I thought it should be able to boost sales even more if it hasn't been implemented yet.

On the "A page has been added to show all current, past and future specials." display a count-down or time-left to the expiration date of each product that is sale. Additionally display the date-available for future specials to get customers come back to the site. All past specials simply display "Offer Ended"