• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

The Feedmachine Solution

lech

Hi, - This contrib looks like is just what I need, thanks!

I have two issues though:

1) Prices in the upload file are rounded to the nearest whole value

i.e. 1.02 is priced at 1.00 and 63.79 is priced at 63.00 neither includes tax.

We price in uk UKP (£)

2) When ftp is enabled the log file locks up. The upload file is generated, but no text is displayed. I get this error in my server log:

Premature end of script headers: php-script, referer: https://www.dccsupplies.com/shop/admin/feedmachine_admin.php

I'm running:

Server OS: Linux 2.6.9-78.0.13.ELsmp

Database: MySQL 5.0.67

HTTP Server: Apache

PHP Version: 5.2.8 (Zend: 2.2.0)

Thanks for any help you can offer!

Hi, - This contrib looks like is just what I need, thanks!

I have two issues though:

1) Prices in the upload file are rounded to the nearest whole value

i.e. 1.02 is priced at 1.00 and 63.79 is priced at 63.00 neither includes tax.

We price in uk UKP (£)

2) When ftp is enabled the log file locks up. The upload file is generated, but no text is displayed. I get this error in my server log:

Premature end of script headers: php-script, referer: https://www.dccsupplies.com/shop/admin/feedmachine_admin.php

I'm running:

Server OS: Linux 2.6.9-78.0.13.ELsmp

Database: MySQL 5.0.67

HTTP Server: Apache

PHP Version: 5.2.8 (Zend: 2.2.0)

Thanks for any help you can offer!

On your first issue, try this,

'price'            =>   array('output' => 'FINAL_PRICE_WITHOUT_TAX',
                                                                    'type' => 'KEYWORD'

I did and I now get the exact price including special if applicable.

Tony Mazz

On your first issue, try this,

'price' => array('output' => 'FINAL_PRICE_WITHOUT_TAX',
'type' => 'KEYWORD'

I did and I now get the exact price including special if applicable.

Hi Tony, Thanks, that worked!

I had played around, and changed this earlier, but hadn't tried that particular option!

Rgds

Andy

I downloaded and installed this contribution without any problems. :thumbsup:

Does anyone know how to limit what products get included in the feed? Say, I just want to include 2 out of 3 categories, is it possible to exclude the third category? If so, what file(s) should we look at?

Edited by shuffled

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Russ,

You can write a user function to limit the description length. If you need help, pm me.

Do you mean in the actual feed file or something that Shopzilla is reporting?

Lech,

Tried to PM you a couple of times but no luck for some reason you can't recieve any new messages... I still need your help... how can we get in touch. or can you give me somewhere to find instuctions on how to due the user function you recommended.

thank

I downloaded and installed this contribution without any problems. :thumbsup:

Does anyone know how to limit what products get included in the feed? Say, I just want to include 2 out of 3 categories, is it possible to exclude the third category? If so, what file(s) should we look at?

You can do this using an 'include function' - see the example google feed for an explanation.

Lech,

Tried to PM you a couple of times but no luck for some reason you can't recieve any new messages... I still need your help... how can we get in touch. or can you give me somewhere to find instuctions on how to due the user function you recommended.

thank

Sorry about that - I don't know what's wrong with pm. You can contact me via my website (below).

Hi,

I'll try to get the new version of Feedmachine up this weekend. It will include a fix for the rounding problem on prices with tax - thanks to Nick Weisser for pointing out the cause. I wasn't getting the bug because I have register_globals off.

Lech

This looks like it's a php/server problem. Do you get this error when you use any other contributions that use FTP? If so, ask your host about it.

Hi Lech;

Sorry I've been out of touch. My computer crashed and other difficulties and I'm now finally

getting back to problems.

I've double and triple checked everything but I am still receiving this message whenever I click

on FeedMachine tab in my Admin

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/content/l/a/d/ladykdelights/html/catalog/admin/feedmachine_loader.php on line 55

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Hi,

have installed Feedmachine latest version but all my products show without tax when the file is generated, i've tried the various options ie.. PRICE_WITH_TAX/ FINAL_PRICE_WITH_TAX etc... but still have the same result

i've also checked to make sure the tax class is set, tax zone etc..

anyone who has similar experience with a solution?

Thanks in advance

Tony

• 1 month later...

Hi I'm having problems that when I press generate and upload feeds there opens a new page with this error:

Warning: USU5 could not find a valid base filename, please inform the developer. in D:\Conus Test Site\wamp\www\catalog\includes\application_top.php on line 68

Warning: USU5 could not find a valid base filename, please inform the developer. in D:\Conus Test Site\wamp\www\catalog\includes\application_top.php on line 68

Changing

opener.location=\'' . tep_href_link('admin/feedmachine_admin.php') . '\';

to

opener.location.reload(true);

Didn't help...

Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Super Easy to Install!! :D

Is anyone else using this contribution for Google Merchant and using Master Products contribution?

I am getting errors about not having a product price listed - but my master products don't have a price as the master is not actually for sale - the slave products have the prices, the master product has the description. Also, it has the slave products and the master products both listed. I'm wondering if it's better to somehow pull the majority of the info from the "slave" and then just pull the description from the "master" ?

I also get an error that I have invalid characters and all of the examples make it appear that the invalid character is ' - is there a way to correct it so that it doesn't have an issue with an apostrophe? For example, "Lady's Mantle" would generate an error due to the 's.

Any thoughts? If it helps, the website is www.MountainMeadowHerbs.com

Edited by TracyS

~Tracy

Hi Tracy,

This will require some custom coding: an include function to only include slave products and draw the necessary from the master product.

Send me a PM if you want some help.

All the best,

Lech

I am afraid at the moment Feedmachine does not produce xml feeds. I might add this functionality in a future version, but to be honest I think that xml is inefficient for product feeds and all product search engines should except tab-delimited/csv feeds.

What product search engine are you trying to create a feed for and does it only accept xml feeds?

Correct me if i'm wrong, but Easy Populate contribution generates this kind of information in csv values... would it work to use the easy populate dump for Seo product feeder?

Thanks

Hi

Sorry to double post but the edit option wasnt available.

I am afraid at the moment Feedmachine does not produce xml feeds. I might add this functionality in a future version, but to be honest I think that xml is inefficient for product feeds and all product search engines should except tab-delimited/csv feeds.

What product search engine are you trying to create a feed for and does it only accept xml feeds?

I have a couple of easy questions i would like the answer :

A - Correct me if i'm wrong, but Easy Populate contribution generates this kind of information in csv values... would it work to use the easy populate dump for Seo product feeder?

B - also in my shop i have only logged in customers can see prices, will i be able to feed products in SEO's (i just installed feedmachines and i'm newbie at this) i noticed the feeds are working properly and the price gets extracted to feed dump?

C - After the feed to google (or other service) being produced we can submit it for what i have seen: by uploading it through each feed service website right, by sending it instantly with a cron job. Or by manual executing making use of FTP!? to send it. Basically we should put here->FTP Server FTP Path FTP Username FTP Password Period the data of our ftp server right?!

BTW If i have three languages in a shop i have to make three instances of the feed config right? and it will output the three language files in three different names.

Thanks in advance

Francys

Edited by Francys

Did you receive my PM? Just thought I'd check as I wasn't sure :blush:

Hi Tracy,

This will require some custom coding: an include function to only include slave products and draw the necessary from the master product.

Send me a PM if you want some help.

All the best,

Lech

~Tracy

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

i have just noticed that my products in shopping.com are not including tax. i have tried all the

PRICE_WITH_TAX

FINAL_PRICE_WITH_TAX

SPECIAL_PRICE_WITH_TAX

and so on..

nothing seems to work...

any ideas would be great.

kind regards.

Thanks in advance!

Ben

Hi all,

i have just noticed that my products in shopping.com are not including tax. i have tried all the

PRICE_WITH_TAX

FINAL_PRICE_WITH_TAX

SPECIAL_PRICE_WITH_TAX

and so on..

nothing seems to work...

any ideas would be great.

kind regards.

Please check that the country on the feed is set correctly.