• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Selling Downloadable Items along with shippable products

computel

How to Selling Downloadable Items along with shippable products?

I have a store that is all setup to sell downloadable items but I want to sell products I will ship. How can I do this? I set shipping on and it adds it to all items shippable and downloadable?

Do I need to install a module and if so what do I need.

Thanks

There isn't an add on for this, shipping methods are contained in separate modules for each method, and the code modifications required, if any are, depend on your shipping method(s). Generally only a small modification is required, if any is, using weight to distinguish between downloadable and non-downloadable items. If you search the forums you will find discussions on this issue and suggested code changes to prevent the shipping being applied to the downloadables.

www.jyoshna.com. Currently using OsC with STS, Super Download Store, Categories Descriptons, Manufacturers Description, Individual Item Status, Infopages unlimited, Product Sort, Osplayer with flashmp3player, Product Tabs 2.1 with WebFx Tabpane and other bits and pieces including some I made myself. Many thanks to all whose contributions I have used!

Hello Ben

I looked and I couldn't find a modification for this on here. I'm not to greqat with searching on here. It shows everything under the sun but what I'm looking for.

Thanks I will try again

There isn't an add on for this, shipping methods are contained in separate modules for each method, and the code modifications required, if any are, depend on your shipping method(s). Generally only a small modification is required, if any is, using weight to distinguish between downloadable and non-downloadable items. If you search the forums you will find discussions on this issue and suggested code changes to prevent the shipping being applied to the downloadables.

Yes, information can be hard to find, the advanced search is good for searching for keywords in topic titles. What shipping method are you using? Is it the item rate? If you say what shipping method you are using I or someone else may be able to suggest a method for removing the downloadables from the calculation.

www.jyoshna.com. Currently using OsC with STS, Super Download Store, Categories Descriptons, Manufacturers Description, Individual Item Status, Infopages unlimited, Product Sort, Osplayer with flashmp3player, Product Tabs 2.1 with WebFx Tabpane and other bits and pieces including some I made myself. Many thanks to all whose contributions I have used!

Archived