• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Finding line numbers in a php file

For example my error log says I have an error in /catalog/includes/classes/order.php on line 49

How do I determine what is line 49? I am using notepad to open the file, do I just scroll down 49 lines and that is it? Way too simple I think... but can someone answer my question?

Thanks!

That method may work but can fail due to spacing in the file. There are many free php editors and they all, from my experience, have line numbers. You can search these forums for best editor. There are many threads with many suggestions as to what the "best" editor is. But I would suggest that you choose one that has a built-in spell-checker. Incorrect spelling on a site can give a very bad impression to your customers and having a spell-checker makes fixing that problem a simple process.

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons