• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Simply Hide Products (SHP)

Pronux

sorry I think I was wrong.

I suppoese the problem is in includes/functions/database.php here:

//START SHP
if(stristr($query, ' '.TABLE_PRODUCTS.' ') && !strstr($query, ' shp.products_id ') && isset($_SESSION['hidden_products']))
{
   if(strlen($_SESSION['hidden_products']) > 1)
   {	
   $prefix = "";
   if(stristr($query, " ".TABLE_PRODUCTS." p"))
 {
 $prefix = "p.";
 }
   $shp = " where ".$prefix."products_id not in (".mysql_real_escape_string($_SESSION['hidden_products']).")";
    if(substr($query, 0, 8) == 'describe')
 {
//do not modify query
 }
else if(stristr($query, " where "))
 {
   $query = str_ireplace(" where ", $shp." and ", $query);
 }
   else
 {
   $query .=  $shp;
 }
   }			 
}
if(stristr($query, ' '.TABLE_CATEGORIES.' ') && !strstr($query, ' shp.categories_id ') && isset($_SESSION['hidden_categories']))
{
   if(strlen($_SESSION['hidden_categories']) > 1)
   {	
   $prefix = "";
 if(stristr($query, " ".TABLE_CATEGORIES." c"))
 {
 $prefix = "c.";
 }
   $shp = " where ".$prefix."categories_id not in (".mysql_real_escape_string($_SESSION['hidden_categories']).")";   
 {
//do not modify query
 }
else if(stristr($query, " where "))
 {
   $query = str_ireplace(" where ", $shp." and ", $query);
 }
   else
 {
   $query .=  $shp;
 }
   }			 
}
//END SHP

bye

riccardo

Well It's beyond me! I did originally think the problem was in database.php since when I reloaded this file that's when the problem developed. There is no problem until you actually choose a customer to allow to see categories/products then it coughs. I'm hoping the great Pronux can come to our aid! The crazy thing is if it works then the settings will carry over to my IOSC and mean categories/products can be hidden on that which is what I want. To be honest I'd prepared to pay someone to sort it out!

Lorraine

It is database.php:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'and p.products_id not in(1110, 1111, 1112, 1113, 1114, 1115, 1116, 1117, 1118, 1' at line 1

select count(*) as total from products p, products_to_categories p2c left join categories c using(categories_id) and p.products_id not in(1110, 1111, 1112, 1113, 1114, 1115, 1116, 1117, 1118, 1119, 1120, 1121, 1122, 1123, 1124, 1125, 1126, 1127, 1128, 1129, 1130, 1131, 1132, 1133, 1134, 1135, 1136, 1138, 1139, 1140, 1141, 1142, 1143, 1144, 1145, 1146, 1147, 1148, 1149, 1150, 1151, 1152, 1153, 1154, 1155, 1158, 1160, 1161) and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p.products_status = '1' and p2c.categories_id = '121' and find_in_set('1', products_hide_from_groups) = 0 and find_in_set('1', categories_hide_from_groups) = 0 where c.categories_id not in(115)

[color="#ff0000"][TEP STOP]

[/color]

Look when I change this bit the error changes, doesn't resolve it though ..............

//START SHP
   if(!empty($_SESSION['hidden_products']) && stristr($query, ' '.TABLE_PRODUCTS.' ') && !strstr($query, ' shp.products_id '))
   {
    if(strlen($_SESSION['hidden_products']) > 1)
    {     
   $prefix = "";
   if(stristr($query, " ".TABLE_PRODUCTS." p"))
   {
   $prefix = "p.";
   }

$shp =[color=#ff0000] " and "[/color].$prefix."products_id not in(".mysql_real_escape_string($_SESSION['hidden_products']).")";

{
  //do not modify query
}
else if(substr($query, 0, 8) == 'describe')
{
       //do not modify query
}

Hi Lorraine,

I did exactly the change you did. With the same result, obviously.... ;(

I tried to install several contribution to hide product or categories (which is very important for me), but seems that no one is working correctly with 2.3.3. Or maybe there are some conflicts with other contributions that I've installed before...

I think that maybe the solution should be to insert the string $shp directly in index.php queries, as it is in this contribution http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/3059.

this maybe would resolve the duplicate of clauses "where".

But it's only an hipothesis...

I really hope in a pronux's "reaction"....

Bye

Riccardo

Edited by rikic

Hello Ric,

Just for your information after carefully installing SPPC and the hide categories mod that goes with it on my main site it works like a dream. You just need to be careful as these are both big mods. However done right it all works as pronounced. The only issue I had was IOSC the support for SPPC doesn't work BUT SHP does! However as we both know SHP screws up the main site on 2.3.3 doooooooooh! I might just go ahead and release my new main site and the mobile later when hopefully this issue is sorted.

Yes I'll try your suggestion and see how it goes.

Lorraine

Hi lorraine,

My "problem" is that on my site I've installed TotalB2b, which seems doesn't fit with hide categories. Or maybe I was wrong during the installation.... I don't know.

That way I was trying with SHP....

But if you say that, I'll think if it's better to remove TB2b for SPPC and use hide categories.

let me know if you'll find a solution.

R.

• 5 weeks later...

hi pronux and thank you very much for your contribution.

I'm trying to install it on my website which runs with 2.3.3 but in catalog/admin/categories.php I cannot find this part of code:

while (list($key, $value) = each($HTTP_POST_VARS)) {
if (!is_array($HTTP_POST_VARS[$key])) {
echo tep_draw_hidden_field($key, htmlspecialchars(stripslashes($value)));
}

what can i do?

thank y ou very much.

riccardo

Just did a new install for a webshop, with oscommerce 2.3.3. And I can't find this code either.

Also using SHP latest release ready for 2.3.3

• 7 months later...

Hi all,

I'm preparing a OSC 2.3.3.4 shop and I have the same problem as @@boltje. Mentioned code

}

is not included in \admin\categories.php

Anybody can help?

Thanks

Ernesto

I have some trouble to update SHP with a Deprecated error message.

Deprecated: mysql_real_escape_string(): The mysql extension is deprecated and will be removed in the future: use mysqli or PDO instead in D:\xampp.......

The responsible code for this error message is:

$shp = " where ".$prefix."products_id not in(".mysql_real_escape_string($_SESSION['hidden_products']).")";

In the PHP documentation I can find this update to change the code into PHP 5.5 conform version

string mysqli::real_escape_string ( string $escapestr )

Anybody can help please?

Puhh

OSC 2.3.3.4 shows more error messages

At first level I cannot insert a category nor a product

A click on new product opens the product page at half with this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function tep_print_shp_menu() in D:\xampp\..\catalog\admin\categories.php on line 642

The code on this line is:

<?php
for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($languages); $i<$n; $i++) {
?>
	 <tr>
	 <td class="main" valign="top"><?php if ($i == 0) echo TEXT_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION; ?></td>
	 <td><table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
		 <tr>
		 <td class="main" valign="top"><?php echo tep_image(tep_catalog_href_link(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $languages[$i]['directory'] . '/images/' . $languages[$i]['image'], '', 'SSL'), $languages[$i]['name']); ?> </td>
		 <td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_textarea_field('products_description[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', 'soft', '70', '15', (empty($pInfo->products_id) ? '' : tep_get_products_description($pInfo->products_id, $languages[$i]['id']))); ?></td>
		 </tr>
	 </table></td>
	 </tr>
<?php
}
Line 641 //START SHP
Line 642 echo tep_print_shp_menu('article');
Line 643 //END SHP
?>
	 <tr>
	 <td colspan="2"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '1', '10'); ?></td>
	 </tr>
	 <tr>
	 <td class="main"><?php echo TEXT_PRODUCTS_QUANTITY; ?></td>
	 <td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '24', '15') . ' ' . tep_draw_input_field('products_quantity', $pInfo->products_quantity); ?></td>
	 </tr>
	 <tr>
	 <td colspan="2"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '1', '10'); ?></td>
	 </tr>
	 <tr>
	 <td class="main"><?php echo TEXT_PRODUCTS_MODEL; ?></td>
	 <td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '24', '15') . ' ' . tep_draw_input_field('products_model', $pInfo->products_model); ?></td>
	 </tr>
	 <tr>
	 </tr>
	 <tr>
	 <td class="main" valign="top"><?php echo TEXT_PRODUCTS_IMAGE; ?></td>
	 <td class="main" style="padding-left: 30px;">
		 <div><?php echo '<strong>' . TEXT_PRODUCTS_MAIN_IMAGE . ' <small>(' . SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH . ' x ' . SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT . 'px)</small></strong><br />' . (tep_not_null($pInfo->products_image) ? '<a href="' . DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES . $pInfo->products_image . '" target="_blank">' . $pInfo->products_image . '</a> | ' : '') . tep_draw_file_field('products_image'); ?></div>

<ul id="piList">

A clic on new category shows only this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function tep_print_shp_menu() in D:\xampp\..\catalog\admin\categories.php on line 1012

Line 1008		$contents[] = array('text' => '<br />' . TEXT_CATEGORIES_NAME . $category_inputs_string);
Line 1009		$contents[] = array('text' => '<br />' . TEXT_CATEGORIES_IMAGE . '<br />' . tep_draw_file_field('categories_image'));
Line 1010		$contents[] = array('text' => '<br />' . TEXT_SORT_ORDER . '<br />' . tep_draw_input_field('sort_order', '', 'size="2"'));
Line 1011 //START SHP
Line 1012	 $contents[] = array('text' => tep_print_shp_menu('category'));
Line 1013 //END SHP	
Line 1014		$contents[] = array('align' => 'center', 'text' => '<br />' . tep_draw_button(IMAGE_SAVE, 'disk', null, 'primary') . tep_draw_button(IMAGE_CANCEL, 'close', tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, 'cPath=' . $cPath)));
Line 1015		break;
Line 1016	 case 'edit_category':
Line 1017		$heading[] = array('text' => '<strong>' . TEXT_INFO_HEADING_EDIT_CATEGORY . '</strong>');

BTW: This mentioned code

}

could not be added because I did not find any solution.

I'll unmount this pretty addon, because I'm not able to fix the errors. :sweating:

• 1 month later...

Tried again but same old error message:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'where p.products_id not in(1353)' at line 22

select p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, p.products_image, s.specials_new_products_price from products p join products_description pd on pd.products_id = p.products_id join specials s on s.products_id = p.products_id where p.products_status = '1' and pd.language_id = '1' and s.status = '1' order by RAND() limit 5 where p.products_id not in(1353)

[TEP STOP]

• 1 year later...
Hi Gerhard 

Thank you for this great contribution, I am using it from your first upload and it is working exactly as it should. 

I agree with you that was not easy to select and deselect multiple customers when there is a large number of customers in the store and i was happy when i sow your last addition to overcome this problem.

Unfortunately it looks like your installation instruction is not 100% accurate . 

You are uploading these new files

1. Upload the following new files

/catalog/admin/includes/javascript/jquery.multi-select.js

/catalog/admin/includes/javascript/jquery.quicksearch.js

/catalog/admin/includes/javascript/jquery-1.11.3.min.js

/catalog/admin/includes/javascript/multi-select.css

/catalog/admin/images/icons/switch.png

And in File: /catalog/admin/includes/template_top.php  you are having references for the only following files:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

File: /catalog/admin/includes/template_top.php

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="<?php echo tep_catalog_href_link('admin/includes/javascript/multi-select.css', '', 'SSL'); ?>">

<script type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo tep_catalog_href_link('admin/includes/javascript/jquery.multi-select.js', '', 'SSL'); ?>"></script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo tep_catalog_href_link('admin/includes/javascript/jquery.quicksearch.js', '', 'SSL'); ?>"></script>

I wonder if this is needed : 

/catalog/admin/includes/javascript/jquery-1.11.3.min.js

IN tis file 

File: /catalog/admin/includes/functions\general.php

You have replaced flowing code 

/Simply Hide Product (SHP)

function tep_print_shp_menu($menu_type = 'article') {

$cont .= "";

if($menu_type != 'article' && $menu_type != 'category')

{

$cont .=  "Wrong Menu-Type defined!";

return $cont;

}

if(!defined(SHP_ARTICLE_VISIBLE_NEW_CUSTOMERS)) { $txt_menu = SHP_ARTICLE_VISIBLE_NEW_CUSTOMERS;} else { $txt_menu = 'SHP_ARTICLE_VISIBLE_NEW_CUSTOMERS';}

if(!defined(SHP_ARTICLE_VISIBLE_TO_CUSTOMERS)) { $txt_customers = SHP_ARTICLE_VISIBLE_TO_CUSTOMERS; } else { $txt_customers = 'SHP_ARTICLE_VISIBLE_TO_CUSTOMERS';}

if($menu_type == 'category')

{

if(!defined(SHP_CATEGORY_VISIBLE_NEW_CUSTOMERS))   { $txt_menu = SHP_CATEGORY_VISIBLE_NEW_CUSTOMERS; } else { $txt_menu = 'SHP_CATEGORY_VISIBLE_NEW_CUSTOMERS';}

if(!defined(SHP_CATEGORY_VISIBLE_TO_CUSTOMERS)) { $txt_customers = SHP_CATEGORY_VISIBLE_TO_CUSTOMERS; } else { $txt_customers = 'SHP_CATEGORY_VISIBLE_TO_CUSTOMERS';}

}

{

$cont .=  '<table><tr>

<td class="main" valign="top">'.$txt_menu.'<br>';

}

else

{

$cont .=  '<tr>

<td class="main" style="width: 230px" valign="top">'.$txt_menu.'</span></td>

<td class="main" colspan="2">'.tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '24', '15');

}

$cont .= '<select name="shpcustomers[]" multiple="multiple" size="5" style="width: 465px">

<option selected="" value="0">'.SHP_CHOOSE_CUSTOMERS.'</option>';

$query = tep_db_query("SELECT c.customers_id, a.entry_company, a.entry_firstname, a.entry_lastname, a.entry_city FROM ".TABLE_CUSTOMERS." c, ".address_book." a WHERE c.customers_default_address_id = a.address_book_id ORDER BY entry_company, entry_lastname");

if (tep_db_num_rows($query) > 0)

{

while($row = tep_db_fetch_array($query))

{

$txt = "";

if(!empty($row['entry_company']))

{

$txt = $row['entry_company'].", ";

}

$txt .= $row['entry_lastname'].", ".$row['entry_firstname'].", ".$row['entry_city'];        

$cont .=  '<option value="'.$row['customers_id'].'">'.$txt.'</option>';

}

}

$cont .=  '</select>

</td>

</tr>';

$query_id = "categories_id = '".(int)$_GET['cID']."'";

if($menu_type == 'article')

{

$query_id = "products_id = '".(int)$_GET['pID']."'";

}

$query = tep_db_query("SELECT hp.hidden_products_id, c.customers_id, a.entry_company, a.entry_firstname, a.entry_lastname, a.entry_city FROM ".TABLE_CUSTOMERS." c, ".address_book." a, hidden_products hp WHERE hp.customers_id = c.customers_id AND c.customers_default_address_id = a.address_book_id AND ".$query_id." ORDER BY entry_company, entry_lastname");

if (tep_db_num_rows($query) > 0)

{

{

$cont .= '<tr>

<td class="main" valign="top">'.$txt_customers.'<br>

<table style="width: 100%;" cellspacing="0">

<tbody>';

}

else

{

$cont .= '<tr>

<td class="main" style="width: 230px" valign="top">'.$txt_customers.'</td>

<td class="main"><table style="width: 100%;" cellspacing="0">

<tbody>';

}

{        

$txt = "";

{

$txt = $row['entry_company'].", ";

}

$txt .= $row['entry_lastname'].", ".$row['entry_firstname'].", ".$row['entry_city'];

$cont .=  '<tr>';

{

$cont .=  '<td class="main" style="width: 26px">'.tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '26', '15').'</td>';

}

$cont .=  '<td class="main" bgcolor="#ebebff"> '.$txt.'</td>

<td class="main" valign="middle" style="width: 20;" bgcolor="#ebebff">

<input name="shpcheckbox_'.$row['hidden_products_id'].'" type="checkbox"></td>

<td bgcolor="#ebebff" class="main" valign="middle" style="width: 50;">

'.SHP_DELETE_CUSTOMERS.'</td>

</tr>';

}

$cont .=  '</tbody></table></td></tr>';

}

{

$cont .= "</table>";

}

return $cont;  

}

With this one 

//Simply Hide Product SHP)

function tep_print_shp_menu($menu_type = 'article') {

$cont .= "";

if($menu_type != 'article' && $menu_type != 'category')

{

$cont .=  "Wrong Menu-Type defined!";

return $cont;

}

if(!defined(SHP_ARTICLE_VISIBLE_NEW_CUSTOMERS)) { $txt_menu = SHP_ARTICLE_VISIBLE_NEW_CUSTOMERS;} else { $txt_menu = 'SHP_ARTICLE_VISIBLE_NEW_CUSTOMERS';}

{

if(!defined(SHP_CATEGORY_VISIBLE_NEW_CUSTOMERS))   { $txt_menu = SHP_CATEGORY_VISIBLE_NEW_CUSTOMERS; } else { $txt_menu = 'SHP_CATEGORY_VISIBLE_NEW_CUSTOMERS';}

}

{

$cont .=  '<table><tr>

<td class="main" valign="top">'.$txt_menu.'<br>';

}

else

{

$cont .=  '<tr>

<td class="main" style="width: 230px" valign="top">'.$txt_menu.'</span></td>

<td class="main" colspan="2">'.tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '24', '15');

}

$cont .= '<select id="shp_customers" name="shpcustomers[]" multiple="multiple">';

{

}

$query = tep_db_query("SELECT c.customers_id, a.entry_company, c.customers_firstname, c.customers_lastname FROM ".TABLE_CUSTOMERS." c, ".address_book." a WHERE c.customers_default_address_id = a.address_book_id and c.customers_id NOT IN (SELECT hidden_products.customers_id FROM " . TABLE_HIDDEN_PRODUCTS . " WHERE ".$query_id.") ORDER BY customers_lastname, customers_firstname");

$query_selected = tep_db_query("SELECT c.customers_id, hp.hidden_products_id, a.entry_company, c.customers_firstname, c.customers_lastname  FROM " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS . " c, " . TABLE_ADDRESS_BOOK . " a, " . TABLE_HIDDEN_PRODUCTS . " hp WHERE hp.customers_id = c.customers_id AND c.customers_default_address_id = a.address_book_id AND ".$query_id." ORDER BY customers_lastname, customers_firstname");

if (tep_db_num_rows($query_selected) > 0)   //fill the right part - selected customers

{

while($row = tep_db_fetch_array($query_selected))

{

$txt = "";

$txt .= $row['customers_lastname']." ".$row['customers_firstname'];        

{

$txt .= ", ".$row['entry_company'];

}

$cont .=  '<option value="'.$row['customers_id'].'" selected>'.$txt.'</option>';

}

}

if (tep_db_num_rows($query) > 0)  // fill the left part - unselected customers

{

{

$txt = "";

$txt .= $row['customers_lastname']." ".$row['customers_firstname'];        

{

$txt .= ", ".$row['entry_company'];

}

$cont .=  '<option value="'.$row['customers_id'].'" >'.$txt. '</option>';

}

}

$cont .=  '</select>

</td>

</tr>';

{

}

{

$cont .= "</table>";

}

return $cont;  

}

Doing this check box to delete hidden product disappears and I do not see any possibility to search or select multiple 

In order to be able to delete hidden products I had to stick to you old code on this page. Without option to search. 

Kind regards and big thanks for your hidden product contribution.

Zoran

• 3 weeks later...

I too am having issues after an install in a relatively new OSC.

I select to hide a category, and this is the error shown when I then go to my website homepage:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'where c.categories_id not in(26)' at line 14

select c.categories_id, c.parent_id, cd.categories_name from categories_description cd join categories c on (c.categories_id = cd.categories_id) where c.parent_id = '0' and cd.language_id = '1' order by c.sort_order, cd.categories_name where c.categories_id not in(26)

[TEP STOP]

• 1 month later...

I just installed the module. It works fine with products. But not with categories and now i cant even edit categories at all :( Any ideas?

Fatal error: Call to undefined function tep_print_shp_menu() in /var/www/html/eshop/admin/categories.php on line 1097

Notice: Undefined variable: sorting in /var/www/html/eshop/admin/categories.php on line 1045
Edited by NUKE1989

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I installed the addon, everything worked properly until I choose a user and hide a category. Now when I open any page of the website I receive this msg :

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'where products_id not in(130, 131, 2668, 2669, 2670, 2671, 2672)' at line 1

SHOW COLUMNS FROM products LIKE 'youtube_video' where products_id not in(130, 131, 2668, 2669, 2670, 2671, 2672)

[TEP STOP]

Thank for the help