• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Downloads Controller v5.3 with Free Ship/Pay

Ajeh

Has anyone managed to solve the problem of downloads being charged postage?

My cart is setup up so all orders in the UK have free postage, and postage is added to all foreign orders.

If someone in the Uk purchases a download, fantastic. But if someone outside the UK purchases a download, postage is added.

Does someone know the solution to this?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Testing DC 5.3 and I get this error when I hit 'checkout'

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_get_configuration_key_value() (previously declared in /home/xxxx/public_html/shop_dev/includes/functions/downloads_controller.php:13) in /home/xxxx/public_html/shop_dev/includes/functions/downloads_controller.php on line 18

Any pointers?

Hi all,

This is my first post ever, so hello!

I'm getting the following error message too when attempting to checkout my digital download cart;

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_get_configuration_key_value() (previously declared in /home/.sites/75/site8/web/includes/functions/downloads_controller.php:13) in /home/.sites/75/site8/web/includes/functions/downloads_controller.php on line 13

I've searched everywhere and cannot figure out what's happening and where!

Please help I'm going mad here. Suggestions or solutions are all welcome, thanks.

I have installed v5.3. I am not using any c/c processign contribs. Just default.

I have everything working fine so far regarding being able to download a product, control download via status_order, etc. except for one item.

I do not show any of the images that comes with this contrib and most importantly I

cannot get the 'Downloads Controller Download on hold message' to appear no matter what I try. Is it not suppose to appear at some point in the order process. I would assume it would appear upon completeion of order next to the download info to explain why download link is not hypertext.

Here is how I have my download configuration set up currently:

Download Controller Update Status Value-5 (labeled Update)

Downloads Controller Order Status Value-4 (labeled Can Download)

(Order_status is 1=Pending 2=Processing 3=Shipped 4=Can Download 5=Update

So when the status for the order is 1-3, I would assume that the hold message should appear.

I have edited the appropriate files that change based upon this contrib. What file would be causing the hold message to not appear?

I should mention that I do not have the freecharger or freeshipper modules installed since I am not using them.

Hi there I am trying to download the download controller 5.3 and I am trying to integrate my exiting google checkout and I am at the point where in the orders.php file i have to replace

if (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['notify']) && ($HTTP_POST_VARS['notify'] == 'on')) {
		$notify_comments = '';
		if (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['notify_comments']) && ($HTTP_POST_VARS['notify_comments'] == 'on')) {
		  $notify_comments = sprintf(EMAIL_TEXT_COMMENTS_UPDATE, $comments) . "\n\n";
		}

$email = STORE_NAME . "\n" . EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_ORDER_NUMBER . ' ' . $oID . "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_INVOICE_URL . ' ' . tep_catalog_href_link(FILENAME_CATALOG_ACCOUNT_HISTORY_INFO, 'order_id=' . $oID, 'SSL') . "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_DATE_ORDERED . ' ' . tep_date_long($check_status['date_purchased']) . "\n\n" . $notify_comments . sprintf(EMAIL_TEXT_STATUS_UPDATE, $orders_status_array[$status]);

tep_mail($check_status['customers_name'], $check_status['customers_email_address'], EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT, $email, STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);

$customer_notified = '1';
	  }

with the following code

if (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['notify']) && ($HTTP_POST_VARS['notify'] == 'on')) {
		$notify_comments = '';
		if (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['notify_comments']) && ($HTTP_POST_VARS['notify_comments'] == 'on')) {
		  $notify_comments = sprintf(EMAIL_TEXT_COMMENTS_UPDATE, $comments) . "\n\n";
		}

// ** GOOGLE CHECKOUT **
		chdir("./..");
		require_once('includes/languages/' . $language . '/' .'modules/payment/googlecheckout.php');
		$payment_value= MODULE_PAYMENT_GOOGLECHECKOUT_TEXT_TITLE;
		$num_rows = tep_db_num_rows(tep_db_query("select google_order_number from google_orders where orders_id= ". (int)$oID));

//Check if order is a Google Checkout order
		if($num_rows == 0) {
		  $email = STORE_NAME . "\n" . EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_ORDER_NUMBER . ' ' . $oID . "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_INVOICE_URL . ' ' . tep_catalog_href_link(FILENAME_CATALOG_ACCOUNT_HISTORY_INFO, 'order_id=' . $oID, 'SSL') . "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_DATE_ORDERED . ' ' . tep_date_long($check_status['date_purchased']) . "\n\n" . $notify_comments . sprintf(EMAIL_TEXT_STATUS_UPDATE, $orders_status_array[$status]);
		  tep_mail($check_status['customers_name'], $check_status['customers_email_address'], EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT, $email, STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);
		}else {
			  if($HTTP_POST_VARS['notify'] != 'on')
				  unset($notify_comments);
			  google_checkout_state_change($check_status, $status, $oID, $customer_notified, $notify_comments);
		}
		// ** END GOOGLE CHECKOUT **

$customer_notified = '1';
	  }

But I cannot locate the code I have to replace. I have looked and it is just not there. Is there something else that I can use to replace with that will still keep everything working properly, or does anybody know how to fix this?

Thanks for your help

John

I have installed v5.3. I am not using any c/c processign contribs. Just default.

I have everything working fine so far regarding being able to download a product, control download via status_order, etc. except for one item.

I do not show any of the images that comes with this contrib and most importantly I

cannot get the 'Downloads Controller Download on hold message' to appear no matter what I try. Is it not suppose to appear at some point in the order process. I would assume it would appear upon completeion of order next to the download info to explain why download link is not hypertext.

Here is how I have my download configuration set up currently:

Download Controller Update Status Value-5 (labeled Update)

Downloads Controller Order Status Value-4 (labeled Can Download)

(Order_status is 1=Pending 2=Processing 3=Shipped 4=Can Download 5=Update

So when the status for the order is 1-3, I would assume that the hold message should appear.

I have edited the appropriate files that change based upon this contrib. What file would be causing the hold message to not appear?

I should mention that I do not have the freecharger or freeshipper modules installed since I am not using them.

Realized that I edited the download.php file incorrectly.

cdamianou,

Can't you just setup FREE SHIPPING for all products with a weight of 0 (i.e.: your downloads) and leave the 'zone' set to 'none'?

This should apply FREE SHIPPING to anything with 0 weight.

Cheers.

Ive tried that with the table rate, but it's not working. I'm going to try this mod to see if it works.

Ive tried that with the table rate, but it's not working. I'm going to try this mod to see if it works.

What I ended up using and it works like a charm, is this:

Lane Roathe

Ideas From the Deep

www.ifd.com

PayPal donations: [email protected]

I run a highly modified cart and have both shipping and download products. I am not using attributes or the download mod (products require registration, no need to protect the download files).

Anyway, after searching the boards here without finding an answer and then a bit of head scratching I realized a simple mod could make orders that have a zero weight (ie, all products were download only) skip the shipping page. Since I had not found this answer in my search I thought I'd post my solution for others.

NOTE: this contribution will cause orders in which all products have no weight to SKIP THE SHIPPING PAGE. This is intentional; it's the goal and only purpose of this contribution :)

Support Forum:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=105056

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS:

======================

Very simple, in 'checkout_shipping.php' find the lines here:

CODE

// if the order contains only virtual products, forward the customer to the billing page as

// a shipping address is not needed

if (($order->content_type == 'virtual') || ($order->content_type == 'virtual_weight')) {

if (!tep_session_is_registered('shipping')) tep_session_register('shipping');

$shipping = false;

$sendto = false;

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, '', 'SSL'));

}

$total_weight = $cart->show_weight();

$total_count = $cart->count_contents();

and replace them with this:

CODE

// IFD BEGIN: zero weight should skip shipping page

$total_weight = $cart->show_weight();

$total_count = $cart->count_contents();

// if the order contains only virtual products, forward the customer to the billing page as

// a shipping address is not needed

if (($order->content_type == 'virtual') || ($order->content_type == 'virtual_weight') || ($total_weight == 0 )) {

if (!tep_session_is_registered('shipping')) tep_session_register('shipping');

$shipping = false;

$sendto = false;

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, '', 'SSL'));

}

// IFD END

• 4 months later...
Hi all,

This is my first post ever, so hello!

I'm getting the following error message too when attempting to checkout my digital download cart;

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_get_configuration_key_value() (previously declared in /home/.sites/75/site8/web/includes/functions/downloads_controller.php:13) in /home/.sites/75/site8/web/includes/functions/downloads_controller.php on line 13

I've searched everywhere and cannot figure out what's happening and where!

Please help I'm going mad here. Suggestions or solutions are all welcome, thanks.

Like bluntknife I am getting the same error. I'm scouring this thread for some help but none so far and can't see that he found any help here either so far. Being new to oscommerce I'm sure I've missed something..perhaps in the install. I downloaded and installed Download Controller v5.3 within the current version of oscommerce.

Some additional details of the installation process would have been nice. I expected to find free shipper and free charger modules once I got back to my admin but I see nothing. Maybe thats whats wrong. The documentation mentions adding additional code in several places. I havent yet as I couldnt clearly understand what it was ment to accomplish. Maybe this is the problem.

If someone could talk a look I would appreciate it. I'm not a programmer per say but I have enough experience to edit a little code, reorganize things and "Get er done". It would be much appreciated.

The error reads as:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_get_configuration_key_value() (previously declared in /home/russmode/public_html/store/includes/functions/downloads_controller.php:13) in /home/russmode/public_html/store/includes/functions/downloads_controller.php on line 13

The site is at: http://russmodernbass.net/store/

Thanks

Brett

I could also use some help and clarification on installing the downloads_controller.sql database.

Prior someone said : Open the contrib's file 'downloads_controller.sql' using your programming editor (NOT Word!... but Notepad is okay) and copy all the content into the clipboard (Ctrl+A, Ctrl+C).

Fire up your phpMyAdmin (the program to manage your mySQL database with), connect to your osCommerce database. Scroll down until you see the input field 'Run SQL query/queries on database osCommerce'. Now PASTE the funny SQL code there. And press the 'GO' button.

But I dont see the Run SQL query/queries on database osCommerce' in my list.

Is there some complete documentation for the Download Controller installation. This all seems rather piecemeal so far. Multiple versions, partial documentation....etc.

Thanks 4 any help

Brett

• 1 year later...

I have searched high and low and can not find anyone else who seems to be having the same problem I am with the free payment part of this contribution.

I have group of products called Samples which are all no cost pdf files. When you add any of these to the your cart and proceed through the purchasing process everything works fine until you try to complete the order. It does not show any payment options, which is fine because they are no cost items and I am assuming that this is something free charger does automatically but when you click next to confirm the order the following error appears:

"Please select a payment method for your order."

The problem is, as stated above, there are no payment methods to select. :huh:

Can any one tell me where to look to fix this? I'm completely stumped.

has any one got manual edit file instructions please.

Thanks

need edits to these files only

/catalog/checkout_process.php - adding one more element to the array

/catalog/checkout_shipping.php- adding 1 IF statement to the top of the file

/catalog/includes/classes/shipping.php - changes to the function shipping

/catalog/includes/classes/payment.php - changes to the function payment

Thanks

Edited by raggy