• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Downloads Controller v5.3 with Free Ship/Pay

Ajeh

I implemented the fix for the orders.php page and it still shows up blank. So I went back to the readme and noticed This line:

Add a new Order Status, I call mine Updated and check its value in the orders_status table. Then set the value in the Admin for:

Downloads Controller Update Status Value

to this new value. Usually this is a 4, but could be different depending on how many orders_status settings you have.

Could someone explain the process for doing this in MySql?

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I implemented the fix for the orders.php page and it still shows up blank. So I went back to the readme and noticed This line:

Could someone explain the process for doing this in MySql?

You don't set it up in mysql it is set up from the admin panel. Have you imported the sql file into your database properly?

Trev

You don't set it up in mysql it is set up from the admin panel. Have you imported the sql file into your database properly?

Trev

Yes I imported the sql file and it shows the new config section for download controller values. but I have no idea why the admin/orders.php page is not showing up. I reloaded the old files and sql and it showed up, so its definately something with the controller. I've gone over each file multiple times to make sure everything was edited correctly.

I'm going back to "osCommerce 2.2 Milestone 2 2003-07-14" since I was having issues with PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN working and was wondering which Downloads Contoller version I should use.

I've already noticed that with v5.3 there is a problem with when auto return from paypal takes me back to osCommerce there is no download information viewable unless you do a page refresh.

• 3 weeks later...

I am Brazilian my English is bad

my problem is the following one:

if my archive will be divided in parts:

file.part1.rar

file.part2.rar ...

how I must make?

I am thankful who to help me

• 2 weeks later...

I installed this contribution, followed every step in the Read me file and at the end when I click the download button i still get this message and error

..... /shop/pub/.bprmookmymomfiq/valentinebacks.zip

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

My CHMOD settings are ok, I added the product contributes ... I'm lost.

Anyone had a similar error and if so how did you fix it?

Thanks,

Anita

I installed this contribution, followed every step in the Read me file and at the end when I click the download button i still get this message and error

..... /shop/pub/.bprmookmymomfiq/valentinebacks.zip

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

My CHMOD settings are ok, I added the product contributes ... I'm lost.

Anyone had a similar error and if so how did you fix it?

Thanks,

Anita

It could be a couple of things try

changing download by redirect to false, or vica versa depending on your current setting

If the song is in a sub-folder of downloads rather than the download folder move it up to the d/l folder

I had similar probs and these were a few of the things I did

Steve

Edited by Sierrab

changing download by redirect to false, or vica versa depending on your current setting

If the song is in a sub-folder of downloads rather than the download folder move it up to the d/l folder

Steve

Steve thank you i was about to give it up and delete the whole darn thing. It was the redirect i changed it to false and i'm able to download the zip now.

wooopeee ty ty ty

hugs,

Anita

• 2 weeks later...

hi there, i had a clean install of ms2.2 so i just overwrote my files with the ones from this contribution.

Now my problem is, when i go to the admin i get this at the top of my page..

return $min; } else { return mt_rand($min, $max); } } else { return mt_rand(); } } // nl2br() prior PHP 4.2.0 did not convert linefeeds on all OSs (it only converted \n) function tep_convert_linefeeds($from, $to, $string) { if ((PHP_VERSION < "4.0.5") && is_array($from)) { return ereg_replace('(' . implode('|', $from) . ')', $to, $string); } else { return str_replace($from, $to, $string); } } function tep_string_to_int($string) { return (int)$string; } //// // Parse and secure the cPath parameter values function tep_parse_category_path($cPath) { // make sure the category IDs are integers $cPath_array = array_map('tep_string_to_int', explode('_', $cPath)); // make sure no duplicate category IDs exist which could lock the server in a loop $tmp_array = array(); $n = sizeof($cPath_array); for ($i=0; $i<$n; $i++) { if (!in_array($cPath_array[$i], $tmp_array)) { $tmp_array[] = $cPath_array[$i]; } } return $tmp_array; } // BOF: WebMakers.com Added: Downloads Controller require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'downloads_controller.php'); // EOF: WebMakers.com Added: Downloads Controller ?>

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/vervedev/public_html/VerveShop/admin/includes/functions/general.php:1324) in /home/vervedev/public_html/VerveShop/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/vervedev/public_html/VerveShop/admin/includes/functions/general.php:1324) in /home/vervedev/public_html/VerveShop/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

ok, I spoke too soon. I dont know what i am doing wrong. My zip files are where they should be, chods are set to what they should be, i have the settings in the download section, but still, i dont get a link at the end of my purchase. I have tried with paypal and cash on delivery.

Steve

Steve

i just tried and it did not work

:(

• 2 weeks later...

I?ve read this entire thread and searched the forums and fixed a lot of my issues with Downloads Controller. Everything seems to be working except the problem of insecure digital downloads.

Like many people, when I place eBooks in my cart and go thru the checkout process but stop before hitting the confirm button and, instead, click on the My Account button to look at my order history, there is my unfinished eBook order, complete with working download links.

Anybody been able to fix this problem? What should I do next?

I?ve even tried one person?s suggestion to add a new Localization>Order Status of ?Downloads Now Available? with a value of 11 and set my ?Downloads Controller Order Status Value to 10 in Download Options. This is supposed to not allow download links if no payment modules return an order status larger than 10. Meaning, incomplete payments will not have a download link on ?My Account? page. Since I still get active download links on ?My Account? page, either this doesn?t work or there is something more I need to do that wasn?t in the instructions. Anybody have any ideas???

Thanks.

Taz

Tazzy12,

I am facing exactly the same issue.

Can you tell me if you've solved it by now?

What payment module are you using?

I am testing with Paypal IPN, and here are my values for:

Set Preparing Order Status: 3 Payment processing

Set PayPal Acknowledged Order Status: 11 Downloads Now Available

With the above values, the download link doesn't appear even when the order is unfinished. The admin will have to edit the order and change it's status to `Downloads Now Available` for the download to be available to the customer. This solves the problem of insecure download, but the main issue remains: we want the customer to be able to download the product once he reaches checkout_success.php.

Hi Guys! My first post EVER so please be kind!

I installed this mod a few weeks ago and after a little researching and tweaking, it seems to be working SPLENDIDLY! I have one real problem that I saw mentioned earlier in this thread, but I don't see that it was ever resolved. I've looked everywhere so now I have to ask for help. :-"

Everything is fine when checkout includes a physical product as well as a downloadable item. The issue happens only when checkout is for a download ONLY. I have Paypal Pro as my cc gateway, and since osc checkout for downloads skips the shipping page all together, and Paypal seems to want that information, it keeps returning this error

(10530) The city in the shipping address is missing.

Does anyone know the fix for this? Could I somehow set a hidden parameter for the "shipping address" to equal the billing address and automatically pass that info along?

I'm grateful for any direction! Thanks! :thumbsup:

I checked the download package posted by lhaase0217 on 17 and 19 Aug 2005, and found that the sql file was missing. So I uploaded a new package, with everything in it.

Downloads Controller v5.3 - MS2.2

The missing SQL file is identical to the one in Farrukh Saeed 7 Aug 2003 package.

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

• 4 months later...

Having decided to start offering downloadable products I installed this great contrib onto an already well modded site 2.2 (following alexstudios excellent instructions from 2005). However although it all works well the link expiry will not update to the required 7 days and sticks to todays date unless I update the order status manually in the admin side from Download now available (11) to Updated (12).

It seems reading through the posts that others have had this problem but nobody appears to have posted a fix. Also not sure if this thread/contrib is still being supported but...

I'm using paypal IPN to test and pretty sure all settings are correct to instructions both with admin and database order_status_id.

Any ideas gratefully received!

Thanks

Having decided to start offering downloadable products I installed this great contrib onto an already well modded site 2.2 (following alexstudios excellent instructions from 2005). However although it all works well the link expiry will not update to the required 7 days and sticks to todays date unless I update the order status manually in the admin side from Download now available (11) to Updated (12).

It seems reading through the posts that others have had this problem but nobody appears to have posted a fix. Also not sure if this thread/contrib is still being supported but...

I'm using paypal IPN to test and pretty sure all settings are correct to instructions both with admin and database order_status_id.

Any ideas gratefully received!

Thanks

Just check that you have the correct settings in the download settings in Admin and also in the attributes for that product. I use this mod and it works fine

Steve

Thanks for the response.

I'm pretty sure admin is correct having set up new status id's and amened id numbers in the database to match and also the attributes set as I can download fine and links are where they should be. Unless I'm missing something with the attributes that affects the expiry date?

I'm guessing it may be an IPN problem since it seems to relate to the status id not being recognised. When I update manually its fine.

MY IPN settings also as per instruction with preparing order staus set at 3 and acknowledged order status at 11.

Thanks

Mark

Thanks for the response.

I'm pretty sure admin is correct having set up new status id's and amened id numbers in the database to match and also the attributes set as I can download fine and links are where they should be. Unless I'm missing something with the attributes that affects the expiry date?

I'm guessing it may be an IPN problem since it seems to relate to the status id not being recognised. When I update manually its fine.

MY IPN settings also as per instruction with preparing order staus set at 3 and acknowledged order status at 11.

Thanks

Mark

When you set the attributes, you also have the option of changing the number of days that you set as default in Admin/Dowmloads

Which IPN module are you using. I use the OsCommerce "house" version

I am not sure why you have a number as high as 11 in Order Status. This can be a pain in the butt to get right and it took me while to "master" all the problems

I added a new test product and reset the attributes leaving the the expiry and download options as default settings and now seems to work fine. I've been using the same product to test so perhaps had changed the default expiry before which it didn't like for whatever reason.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Do you know how to deal with the following when installing the free charger and free shipper:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_show_category() (previously declared in /home2/sunsmcom/public_html/shop/includes/header.php:182) in /home2/sunsmcom/public_html/shop/includes/boxes/categories.php on line 13

• 3 weeks later...

Steve

The tip on the sub-folders was a big help for me. I was having problems with the download link not showing up, and did have files in sub-folders in the download folder. Took the test image out of the sub-folder, and my download link showed up! Thanks!

Lefty