• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Downloads Controller v5.3 with Free Ship/Pay

Ajeh

Taking my courage in both hands - in the absence of comments - I have tested this solution and I'm please to say that it works.

But you also need to comment out the second session destruction in checkout_success.php and the related deletion of the customer record and move them to the end of download.php

I guess there may be some security exposure but it provides better usability to customers who have paid.

If you have other products besides downloads I suggest that you will need to consider whether you can afford to loose the customer details.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello;

Like millions of people I have found the following error:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'limit 0, 10' at line 1

This forum is plenty of people/threads (out of this thread) finding the same problem

This problem seems to be related with the presence of Download Controller.

At the beginning I tested Loaded6 version (with Download Controller included) and I found the same problem all over the place, so I decided to use a not loaded version and I made a fresh installation and I found the same problem only in the orders.php file.

I have worked arounded the problem deleting "order by $order" in line 397 and 400 from the file order.php

However as many people is having the problem and many not I think it might be cause because of the version of some program (MySQL, PHP....)

I am using the AppServ 2.3.0 for Windows that includes the following packages:

- Apache WebServer Version 1.3.29

- PHP Script Language Version 4.3.4

- MySQL Database Version 4.0.16

- Zend Optimizer Version 2.1.0a

- phpMyAdmin Database Manager Version 2.5.4

Is the people with the same problem using the same versions like me????

Cheers

from Madrid

Hello;

Like millions of people I have found the following error:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'limit 0, 10' at line 1

This forum is plenty of people/threads (out of this thread) finding the same problem

This problem seems to be related with the presence of Download Controller.

At the beginning I tested Loaded6 version (with Download Controller included) and I found the same problem all over the place, so I decided to use a not loaded version and I made a fresh installation and I found the same problem only in the orders.php file.

I have worked arounded the problem deleting "order by $order" in line 397 and 400 from the file order.php

However as many people is having the problem and many not I think it might be cause because of the version of some program (MySQL, PHP....)

I am using the AppServ 2.3.0 for Windows that includes the following packages:

- Apache WebServer Version 1.3.29

- PHP Script Language Version 4.3.4

- MySQL Database Version 4.0.16

- Zend Optimizer Version 2.1.0a

- phpMyAdmin Database Manager Version 2.5.4

Is the people with the same problem using the same versions like me????

Cheers

from Madrid

does anyone have a answer about this issue ?

are there any value to change in sql ?

taz1,

I have been working on a problem with this for a few days. My first problem is similar to what you posted so I hope this helps. :D

Check on your orders.php in the admin folder for this around line 397 (that is where mine starts):

$orders_query_raw = "select o.orders_id, o.customers_name, o.customers_id, o.payment_method, o.date_purchased, o.last_modified, o.currency, o.currency_value, s.orders_status_name, ot.text as order_total from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " o left join " . TABLE_ORDERS_TOTAL . " ot on (o.orders_id = ot.orders_id), " . TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS . " s where o.customers_id = '" . (int)$cID . "' and o.orders_status = s.orders_status_id and s.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and ot.class = 'ot_total' order by $order";

} elseif (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['status'])) {

$status = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_GET_VARS['status']);

$orders_query_raw = "select o.orders_id, o.customers_name, o.payment_method, o.date_purchased, o.last_modified, o.currency, o.currency_value, s.orders_status_name, ot.text as order_total from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " o left join " . TABLE_ORDERS_TOTAL . " ot on (o.orders_id = ot.orders_id), " . TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS . " s where o.orders_status = s.orders_status_id and s.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and s.orders_status_id = '" . (int)$status . "' and ot.class = 'ot_total' order by $order";

} else {

$orders_query_raw = "select o.orders_id, o.customers_name, o.payment_method, o.date_purchased, o.last_modified, o.currency, o.currency_value, s.orders_status_name, ot.text as order_total from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " o left join " . TABLE_ORDERS_TOTAL . " ot on (o.orders_id = ot.orders_id), " . TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS . " s where o.orders_status = s.orders_status_id and s.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and ot.class = 'ot_total' order by $order";

}

I think I modified the ending of each of the $orders_query_raw statements.

Also, in products attributes I added a Product Option- Version with Option Value Download:v2000

Mine is working fine until I go to the order history and try to download, I get an error page that says page cannot be displayed. currently working on this issue.

I hope this information helps you.! :D

Hi i dont seem to see the problem i have listed here so i will run it by you all in hopes its a simple problem.

all my downloads are corrupt once someone starts downloading them after payment.

I checked and they are fine if straight downloaded by browser but if u click the button to download them from in oscommerce they become corrupt.

any onw heard of this?

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'limit 0, 20' at line 1

select o.orders_id, o.customers_name, o.payment_method, o.date_purchased, o.last_modified, o.currency, o.currency_value, s.orders_status_name, ot.text as order_total from orders o left join orders_total ot on (o.orders_id = ot.orders_id), orders_status s where o.orders_status = s.orders_status_id and s.language_id = '1' and ot.class = 'ot_total' order by limit 0, 20

[TEP STOP]

New Error

Go to your orders.php in the admin folder

There are three areas that start with $orders_query_raw=....

at the end of each of those lines you will see

"and ot.class = 'ot_total' order by $order";

If you will take out the order by

That should fix the error problem.

I have everything working except for selecting the download button once the order is completed.

It gives me an error that the page cannot be displayed and there is no download.

Hope yours won't do this.

Hi:

I'm getting this error:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'limit 0, 20' at line 1

select o.orders_id, o.customers_name, o.payment_method, o.date_purchased, o.last_modified, o.currency, o.currency_value, s.orders_status_name, ot.text as order_total from orders o left join orders_total ot on (o.orders_id = ot.orders_id), orders_status s where o.orders_status = s.orders_status_id and s.language_id = '1' and ot.class = 'ot_total' order by limit 0, 20

[TEP STOP]

Trying to make it work with Downloads Controller 5.3... can you help?

Thanks!

<?php
/*
 $Id: orders.php,v 1.112 2003/06/29 22:50:52 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

require('includes/application_top.php');

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'currencies.php');
 $currencies = new currencies();

$orders_statuses = array();
 $orders_status_array = array();
 $orders_status_query = tep_db_query("select orders_status_id, orders_status_name from " . TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS . " where language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
 while ($orders_status = tep_db_fetch_array($orders_status_query)) {
   $orders_statuses[] = array('id' => $orders_status['orders_status_id'],
                              'text' => $orders_status['orders_status_name']);
   $orders_status_array[$orders_status['orders_status_id']] = $orders_status['orders_status_name'];
 }

$action = (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['action']) ? $HTTP_GET_VARS['action'] : '');

if (tep_not_null($action)) {
   switch ($action) {
     case 'update_order':
       $oID = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_GET_VARS['oID']);
       $status = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['status']);
       $comments = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['comments']);

$order_updated = false;
       $check_status_query = tep_db_query("select customers_name, customers_email_address, orders_status, date_purchased from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " where orders_id = '" . (int)$oID . "'");
       $check_status = tep_db_fetch_array($check_status_query);
// BOF: WebMakers.com Added: Downloads Controller
// always update date and time on order_status
// original        if ( ($check_status['orders_status'] != $status) || tep_not_null($comments)) {
                  if ( ($check_status['orders_status'] != $status) || $comments != '' || ($status ==DOWNLOADS_ORDERS_STATUS_UPDATED_VALUE) ) {
         tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_ORDERS . " set orders_status = '" . tep_db_input($status) . "', last_modified = now() where orders_id = '" . (int)$oID . "'");
       $check_status_query2 = tep_db_query("select customers_name, customers_email_address, orders_status, date_purchased from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " where orders_id = '" . (int)$oID . "'");
       $check_status2 = tep_db_fetch_array($check_status_query2);
     if ( $check_status2['orders_status']==DOWNLOADS_ORDERS_STATUS_UPDATED_VALUE ) {
       tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_ORDERS_PRODUCTS_DOWNLOAD . " set download_maxdays = '" . tep_get_configuration_key_value('DOWNLOAD_MAX_DAYS') . "', download_count = '" . tep_get_configuration_key_value('DOWNLOAD_MAX_COUNT') . "' where orders_id = '" . (int)$oID . "'");
     }
// EOF: WebMakers.com Added: Downloads Controller

$customer_notified = '0';
         if (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['notify']) && ($HTTP_POST_VARS['notify'] == 'on')) {
           $notify_comments = '';
// BOF: WebMakers.com Added: Downloads Controller - Only tell of comments if there are comments
           if (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['notify_comments']) && ($HTTP_POST_VARS['notify_comments'] == 'on')) {
             $notify_comments = sprintf(EMAIL_TEXT_COMMENTS_UPDATE, $comments) . "\n\n";
           }
           $email = STORE_NAME . "\n" . EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_ORDER_NUMBER . ' ' . $oID . "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_INVOICE_URL . ' ' . tep_catalog_href_link(FILENAME_CATALOG_ACCOUNT_HISTORY_INFO, 'order_id=' . $oID, 'SSL') . "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_DATE_ORDERED . ' ' . tep_date_long($check_status['date_purchased']) . "\n\n" . $notify_comments . sprintf(EMAIL_TEXT_STATUS_UPDATE, $orders_status_array[$status]);

tep_mail($check_status['customers_name'], $check_status['customers_email_address'], EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT, $email, STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);

$customer_notified = '1';
         }

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS_HISTORY . " (orders_id, orders_status_id, date_added, customer_notified, comments) values ('" . (int)$oID . "', '" . tep_db_input($status) . "', now(), '" . tep_db_input($customer_notified) . "', '" . tep_db_input($comments)  . "')");

$order_updated = true;
       }

if ($order_updated == true) {
        $messageStack->add_session(SUCCESS_ORDER_UPDATED, 'success');
       } else {
         $messageStack->add_session(WARNING_ORDER_NOT_UPDATED, 'warning');
       }

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_ORDERS, tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=edit'));
       break;
     case 'deleteconfirm':

tep_remove_order($oID, $HTTP_POST_VARS['restock']);

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_ORDERS, tep_get_all_get_params(array('oID', 'action'))));
       break;
   }
 }

if (($action == 'edit') && isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['oID'])) {

$orders_query = tep_db_query("select orders_id from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " where orders_id = '" . (int)$oID . "'");
   $order_exists = true;
   if (!tep_db_num_rows($orders_query)) {
     $order_exists = false;
     $messageStack->add(sprintf(ERROR_ORDER_DOES_NOT_EXIST, $oID), 'error');
   }
 }
// BOF: WebMakers.com Added: Additional info for Orders
// Look up things in orders
$the_extra_query= tep_db_query("select * from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " where orders_id = '" . (int)$oID . "'");
$the_extra= tep_db_fetch_array($the_extra_query);
$the_customers_id= $the_extra['customers_id'];
// Look up things in customers
$the_extra_query= tep_db_query("select * from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS . " where customers_id = '" . $the_customers_id . "'");
$the_extra= tep_db_fetch_array($the_extra_query);
$the_customers_fax= $the_extra['customers_fax'];
// EOF: WebMakers.com Added: Additional info for Orders

include(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'order.php');
?>
<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html <?php echo HTML_PARAMS; ?>>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>">
<title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="includes/stylesheet.css">
<script language="javascript" src="includes/general.js"></script>
</head>
<body marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" topmargin="0" bottommargin="0" leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0" bgcolor="#FFFFFF">
<!-- header //-->
<?php
 require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header.php');
?>
<!-- header_eof //-->

<!-- body //-->
<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="2" cellpadding="2">
 <tr>
   <td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="1" class="columnLeft">
<!-- left_navigation //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_left.php'); ?>
<!-- left_navigation_eof //-->
   </table></td>
<!-- body_text //-->
   <td width="100%" valign="top"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
<?php
 if (($action == 'edit') && ($order_exists == true)) {
   $order = new order($oID);
?>
     <tr>
       <td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
         <tr>
           <td class="pageHeading"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></td>
           <td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', 1, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>
           <?php
//begin PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN
if (strtolower($order->info['payment_method']) == 'paypal' && isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['referer']) && $HTTP_GET_VARS['referer'] == 'ipn'){
?>
   <td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PAYPAL, tep_get_all_get_params(array('action','oID','referer'))) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_back.gif', IMAGE_BACK) . '</a>'; ?></td>
<?php
} else {
?>
    <td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ORDERS, tep_get_all_get_params(array('action','referer'))) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_back.gif', IMAGE_BACK) . '</a>'; ?></td>
<?php
}//else not paypal
//end PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN
?>
         </tr>
       </table></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
       <td><table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
         <tr>
           <td colspan="3"><?php echo tep_draw_separator(); ?></td>
         </tr>
         <tr>
           <td valign="top"><table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
             <tr>
               <td class="main" valign="top"><b><?php echo ENTRY_CUSTOMER; ?></b></td>
               <td class="main"><?php echo tep_address_format($order->customer['format_id'], $order->customer, 1, '', '<br>'); ?></td>
             </tr>
             <tr>
               <td colspan="2"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '1', '5'); ?></td>
             </tr>
             <tr>
               <td class="main"><b><?php echo ENTRY_TELEPHONE_NUMBER; ?></b></td>
               <td class="main"><?php echo $order->customer['telephone']; ?></td>
             </tr>
<?php
// BOF: WebMakers.com Added: Downloads Controller - Extra order info
?>
             <tr>
               <td class="main"><b><?php echo 'FAX #:'; ?></b></td>
               <td class="main"><?php echo $the_customers_fax; ?></td>
             </tr>
<?php
?>
             <tr>
               <td class="main"><b><?php echo ENTRY_EMAIL_ADDRESS; ?></b></td>
               <td class="main"><?php echo '<a href="mailto:' . $order->customer['email_address'] . '"><u>' . $order->customer['email_address'] . '</u></a>'; ?></td>
             </tr>
           </table></td>
           <td valign="top"><table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
             <tr>
               <td class="main" valign="top"><b><?php echo ENTRY_SHIPPING_ADDRESS; ?></b></td>
               <td class="main"><?php echo tep_address_format($order->delivery['format_id'], $order->delivery, 1, '', '<br>'); ?></td>
             </tr>
           </table></td>
             <tr>
               <td class="main" valign="top"><b><?php echo ENTRY_BILLING_ADDRESS; ?></b></td>
               <td class="main"><?php echo tep_address_format($order->billing['format_id'], $order->billing, 1, '', '<br>'); ?></td>
             </tr>
           </table></td>
         </tr>
       </table></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
       <td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '1', '10'); ?></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
       <td><table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
// BOF: WebMakers.com Added: Show Order Info
?>
<!-- add Order # // -->
<tr>
<td class="main"><b>Order # </b></td>
<td class="main"><?php echo tep_db_input($oID); ?></td>
</tr>
<!-- add date/time // -->
<tr>
<td class="main"><b>Order Date & Time</b></td>
<td class="main"><?php echo tep_datetime_short($order->info['date_purchased']); ?></td>
</tr>
<?php
// EOF: WebMakers.com Added: Show Order Info

if (strtolower($order->info['payment_method']) == 'paypal') {

include DIR_FS_CATALOG_MODULES . 'payment/paypal/admin_orders.php';

} else {
?>
   <tr>
   <td class="main"><b><?php echo ENTRY_PAYMENT_METHOD; ?></b></td>
   <td class="main"><?php echo $order->info['payment_method']; ?></td>
 </tr>
<?php
}//else not paypal
   if (tep_not_null($order->info['cc_type']) || tep_not_null($order->info['cc_owner']) || tep_not_null($order->info['cc_number'])) {
?>
         <tr>
           <td colspan="2"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '1', '10'); ?></td>
         </tr>
         <tr>
           <td class="main"><?php echo ENTRY_CREDIT_CARD_TYPE; ?></td>
           <td class="main"><?php echo $order->info['cc_type']; ?></td>
         </tr>
         <tr>
           <td class="main"><?php echo ENTRY_CREDIT_CARD_OWNER; ?></td>
           <td class="main"><?php echo $order->info['cc_owner']; ?></td>
         </tr>
         <tr>
           <td class="main"><?php echo ENTRY_CREDIT_CARD_NUMBER; ?></td>
           <td class="main"><?php echo $order->info['cc_number']; ?></td>
         </tr>
         <tr>
           <td class="main"><?php echo ENTRY_CREDIT_CARD_EXPIRES; ?></td>
           <td class="main"><?php echo $order->info['cc_expires']; ?></td>
         </tr>
<?php
   }
?>
       </table></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
     </tr>
     <tr>
       <td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
         <tr class="dataTableHeadingRow">
           <td class="dataTableHeadingContent" colspan="2"><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_PRODUCTS; ?></td>
           <td class="dataTableHeadingContent"><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_PRODUCTS_MODEL; ?></td>
           <td class="dataTableHeadingContent" align="right"><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_TAX; ?></td>
           <td class="dataTableHeadingContent" align="right"><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_PRICE_EXCLUDING_TAX; ?></td>
           <td class="dataTableHeadingContent" align="right"><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_PRICE_INCLUDING_TAX; ?></td>
           <td class="dataTableHeadingContent" align="right"><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_TOTAL_EXCLUDING_TAX; ?></td>
           <td class="dataTableHeadingContent" align="right"><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_TOTAL_INCLUDING_TAX; ?></td>
         </tr>
<?php
   for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($order->products); $i<$n; $i++) {
     echo '          <tr class="dataTableRow">' . "\n" .
          '            <td class="dataTableContent" valign="top" align="right">' . $order->products[$i]['qty'] . ' x</td>' . "\n" .
          '            <td class="dataTableContent" valign="top">' . $order->products[$i]['name'];

if (isset($order->products[$i]['attributes']) && (sizeof($order->products[$i]['attributes']) > 0)) {
       for ($j = 0, $k = sizeof($order->products[$i]['attributes']); $j < $k; $j++) {
         echo '<br><nobr><small> <i> - ' . $order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['option'] . ': ' . $order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['value'];
         if ($order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['price'] != '0') echo ' (' . $order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['prefix'] . $currencies->format($order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['price'] * $order->products[$i]['qty'], true, $order->info['currency'], $order->info['currency_value']) . ')';
         echo '</i></small></nobr>';
       }
     }

echo '            </td>' . "\n" .
          '            <td class="dataTableContent" valign="top">' . $order->products[$i]['model'] . '</td>' . "\n" .
          '            <td class="dataTableContent" align="right" valign="top">' . tep_display_tax_value($order->products[$i]['tax']) . '%</td>' . "\n" .
          '            <td class="dataTableContent" align="right" valign="top"><b>' . $currencies->format($order->products[$i]['final_price'], true, $order->info['currency'], $order->info['currency_value']) . '</b></td>' . "\n" .
          '            <td class="dataTableContent" align="right" valign="top"><b>' . $currencies->format(tep_add_tax($order->products[$i]['final_price'], $order->products[$i]['tax']), true, $order->info['currency'], $order->info['currency_value']) . '</b></td>' . "\n" .
          '            <td class="dataTableContent" align="right" valign="top"><b>' . $currencies->format($order->products[$i]['final_price'] * $order->products[$i]['qty'], true, $order->info['currency'], $order->info['currency_value']) . '</b></td>' . "\n" .
          '            <td class="dataTableContent" align="right" valign="top"><b>' . $currencies->format(tep_add_tax($order->products[$i]['final_price'], $order->products[$i]['tax']) * $order->products[$i]['qty'], true, $order->info['currency'], $order->info['currency_value']) . '</b></td>' . "\n";
     echo '          </tr>' . "\n";
   }
?>
         <tr>
           <td align="right" colspan="8"><table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
<?php
   for ($i = 0, $n = sizeof($order->totals); $i < $n; $i++) {
     echo '              <tr>' . "\n" .
          '                <td align="right" class="smallText">' . $order->totals[$i]['title'] . '</td>' . "\n" .
          '                <td align="right" class="smallText">' . $order->totals[$i]['text'] . '</td>' . "\n" .
          '              </tr>' . "\n";
   }
?>
           </table></td>
         </tr>
       </table></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
     </tr>
     <tr>
       <td class="main"><table border="1" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="5">
         <tr>
           <td class="smallText" align="center"><b><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_DATE_ADDED; ?></b></td>
           <td class="smallText" align="center"><b><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_CUSTOMER_NOTIFIED; ?></b></td>
           <td class="smallText" align="center"><b><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_STATUS; ?></b></td>
           <td class="smallText" align="center"><b><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_COMMENTS; ?></b></td>
         </tr>
<?php
   $orders_history_query = tep_db_query("select orders_status_id, date_added, customer_notified, comments from " . TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS_HISTORY . " where orders_id = '" . (int)$oID . "' order by date_added");
   if (tep_db_num_rows($orders_history_query)) {
     while ($orders_history = tep_db_fetch_array($orders_history_query)) {
       echo '          <tr>' . "\n" .
            '            <td class="smallText" align="center">' . tep_datetime_short($orders_history['date_added']) . '</td>' . "\n" .
            '            <td class="smallText" align="center">';
       if ($orders_history['customer_notified'] == '1') {
         echo tep_image(DIR_WS_ICONS . 'tick.gif', ICON_TICK) . "</td>\n";
       } else {
         echo tep_image(DIR_WS_ICONS . 'cross.gif', ICON_CROSS) . "</td>\n";
       }
       echo '            <td class="smallText">' . $orders_status_array[$orders_history['orders_status_id']] . '</td>' . "\n" .
            '            <td class="smallText">' . nl2br(tep_db_output($orders_history['comments'])) . ' </td>' . "\n" .
            '          </tr>' . "\n";
     }
   } else {
       echo '          <tr>' . "\n" .
            '            <td class="smallText" colspan="5">' . TEXT_NO_ORDER_HISTORY . '</td>' . "\n" .
            '          </tr>' . "\n";
   }
?>
       </table></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
       <td class="main"><br><b><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_COMMENTS; ?></b></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
       <td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '1', '5'); ?></td>
     </tr>
     <tr><?php echo tep_draw_form('status', FILENAME_ORDERS, tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=update_order'); ?>
       <td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_textarea_field('comments', 'soft', '60', '5'); ?></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
     </tr>
     <tr>
         <tr>
             <tr>
               <td class="main"><b><?php echo ENTRY_STATUS; ?></b> <?php echo tep_draw_pull_down_menu('status', $orders_statuses, $order->info['orders_status']); ?></td>
             </tr>
             <tr>
               <td class="main"><b><?php echo ENTRY_NOTIFY_CUSTOMER; ?></b> <?php echo tep_draw_checkbox_field('notify', '', true); ?></td>
               <td class="main"><b><?php echo ENTRY_NOTIFY_COMMENTS; ?></b> <?php echo tep_draw_checkbox_field('notify_comments', '', true); ?></td>
             </tr>
           </table></td>
           <td valign="top"><?php echo tep_image_submit('button_update.gif', IMAGE_UPDATE); ?></td>
         </tr>
       </table></td>
     </form></tr>
     <tr>
       <?php
if ($order->info['payment_method'] == 'paypal' && isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['referer']) && $HTTP_GET_VARS['referer'] == 'ipn'){
?>
   <td colspan="2" align="right"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ORDERS_INVOICE, 'oID=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['oID']) . '" TARGET="_blank">' . tep_image_button('button_invoice.gif', IMAGE_ORDERS_INVOICE) . '</a> <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ORDERS_PACKINGSLIP, 'oID=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['oID']) . '" TARGET="_blank">' . tep_image_button('button_packingslip.gif', IMAGE_ORDERS_PACKINGSLIP) . '</a> <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PAYPAL, tep_get_all_get_params(array('action','oID','referer'))) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_back.gif', IMAGE_BACK) . '</a>'; ?></td>
<?php
} else {
?>
   <td colspan="2" align="right"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ORDERS_INVOICE, 'oID=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['oID']) . '" TARGET="_blank">' . tep_image_button('button_invoice.gif', IMAGE_ORDERS_INVOICE) . '</a> <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ORDERS_PACKINGSLIP, 'oID=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['oID']) . '" TARGET="_blank">' . tep_image_button('button_packingslip.gif', IMAGE_ORDERS_PACKINGSLIP) . '</a> <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ORDERS, tep_get_all_get_params(array('action'))) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_back.gif', IMAGE_BACK) . '</a>'; ?></td>
<?php
}//else not paypal
?>
     </tr>
<?php
 } else {
?>
     <tr>
       <td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
         <tr>
           <td class="pageHeading"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></td>
           <td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', 1, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>
           <td align="right"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
             <tr><?php echo tep_draw_form('orders', FILENAME_ORDERS, '', 'get'); ?>
               <td class="smallText" align="right"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE_SEARCH . ' ' . tep_draw_input_field('oID', '', 'size="12"') . tep_draw_hidden_field('action', 'edit'); ?></td>
             </form></tr>
             <tr><?php echo tep_draw_form('status', FILENAME_ORDERS, '', 'get'); ?>
               <td class="smallText" align="right"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE_STATUS . ' ' . tep_draw_pull_down_menu('status', array_merge(array(array('id' => '', 'text' => TEXT_ALL_ORDERS)), $orders_statuses), '', 'onChange="this.form.submit();"'); ?></td>
             </form></tr>            
           </table></td>
         </tr>
       </table></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
       <td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
         <tr>
           <td valign="top"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
             <tr class="dataTableHeadingRow">
               <td class="dataTableHeadingContent"><a href="<?php echo "$PHP_SELF?listing=customers"; ?>"><?php echo tep_image_button('ic_up.gif', ' Sort ' . TABLE_HEADING_CUSTOMERS . ' --> A-B-C From Top '); ?></a> <a href="<?php echo "$PHP_SELF?listing=customers-desc"; ?>"><?php echo tep_image_button('ic_down.gif', ' Sort ' . TABLE_HEADING_CUSTOMERS . ' --> Z-X-Y From Top '); ?></a><br><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_CUSTOMERS; ?></td>
               <td class="dataTableHeadingContent"><a href="<?php echo "$PHP_SELF?listing=ottotal"; ?>"><?php echo tep_image_button('ic_up.gif', ' Sort ' . TABLE_HEADING_ORDER_TOTAL . ' --> 1-2-3 From Top '); ?></a> <a href="<?php echo "$PHP_SELF?listing=ottotal-desc"; ?>"><?php echo tep_image_button('ic_down.gif', ' Sort ' . TABLE_HEADING_ORDER_TOTAL . ' --> 3-2-1 From Top '); ?></a><br><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_ORDER_TOTAL; ?></td>
               <td class="dataTableHeadingContent" align="right"><a href="<?php echo "$PHP_SELF?listing=id-asc"; ?>"><?php echo tep_image_button('ic_up.gif', ' Sort ' . TABLE_HEADING_DATE_PURCHASED . ' --> 1-2-3 From Top '); ?></a> <a href="<?php echo "$PHP_SELF?listing=id-desc"; ?>"><?php echo tep_image_button('ic_down.gif', ' Sort ' . TABLE_HEADING_DATE_PURCHASED . ' --> 3-2-1 From Top '); ?></a><br><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_DATE_PURCHASED; ?>
               <td class="dataTableHeadingContent" align="right"><a href="<?php echo "$PHP_SELF?listing=status-asc"; ?>"><?php echo tep_image_button('ic_up.gif', ' Sort ' . TABLE_HEADING_STATUS . ' --> 1-2-3 From Top '); ?></a> <a href="<?php echo "$PHP_SELF?listing=status-desc"; ?>"><?php echo tep_image_button('ic_down.gif', ' Sort ' . TABLE_HEADING_STATUS . ' --> 3-2-1 From Top '); ?></a><br><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_STATUS; ?>
               </td><td class="dataTableHeadingContent" align="right"><br><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_ACTION; ?> </td>
             </tr>
<?php
   if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['cID'])) {
     $cID = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_GET_VARS['cID']);
     $orders_query_raw = "select o.orders_id, o.customers_name, o.customers_id, o.payment_method, o.date_purchased, o.last_modified, o.currency, o.currency_value, s.orders_status_name, ot.text as order_total from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " o left join " . TABLE_ORDERS_TOTAL . " ot on (o.orders_id = ot.orders_id), " . TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS . " s where o.customers_id = '" . (int)$cID . "' and o.orders_status = s.orders_status_id and s.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and ot.class = 'ot_total' order by $order";
   } elseif (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['status'])) {
     $status = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_GET_VARS['status']);
     $orders_query_raw = "select o.orders_id, o.customers_name, o.payment_method, o.date_purchased, o.last_modified, o.currency, o.currency_value, s.orders_status_name, ot.text as order_total from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " o left join " . TABLE_ORDERS_TOTAL . " ot on (o.orders_id = ot.orders_id), " . TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS . " s where o.orders_status = s.orders_status_id and s.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and s.orders_status_id = '" . (int)$status . "' and ot.class = 'ot_total' order by $order";
   } else {
     $orders_query_raw = "select o.orders_id, o.customers_name, o.payment_method, o.date_purchased, o.last_modified, o.currency, o.currency_value, s.orders_status_name, ot.text as order_total from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " o left join " . TABLE_ORDERS_TOTAL . " ot on (o.orders_id = ot.orders_id), " . TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS . " s where o.orders_status = s.orders_status_id and s.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and ot.class = 'ot_total' order by $order";
   }
   $orders_split = new splitPageResults($HTTP_GET_VARS['page'], MAX_DISPLAY_SEARCH_RESULTS, $orders_query_raw, $orders_query_numrows);
   $orders_query = tep_db_query($orders_query_raw);
   while ($orders = tep_db_fetch_array($orders_query)) {
   if ((!isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['oID']) || (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['oID']) && ($HTTP_GET_VARS['oID'] == $orders['orders_id']))) && !isset($oInfo)) {
       $oInfo = new objectInfo($orders);
     }

if (isset($oInfo) && is_object($oInfo) && ($orders['orders_id'] == $oInfo->orders_id)) {
       echo '              <tr id="defaultSelected" class="dataTableRowSelected" onmouseover="rowOverEffect(this)" onmouseout="rowOutEffect(this)" onclick="document.location.href=\'' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ORDERS, tep_get_all_get_params(array('oID', 'action')) . 'oID=' . $oInfo->orders_id . '&action=edit') . '\'">' . "\n";
     } else {
       echo '              <tr class="dataTableRow" onmouseover="rowOverEffect(this)" onmouseout="rowOutEffect(this)" onclick="document.location.href=\'' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ORDERS, tep_get_all_get_params(array('oID')) . 'oID=' . $orders['orders_id']) . '\'">' . "\n";
     }
?>
               <td class="dataTableContent"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ORDERS, tep_get_all_get_params(array('oID', 'action')) . 'oID=' . $orders['orders_id'] . '&action=edit') . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_ICONS . 'preview.gif', ICON_PREVIEW) . '</a> ' . $orders['customers_name']; ?></td>
               <td class="dataTableContent" align="right"><?php echo strip_tags($orders['order_total']); ?></td>
               <td class="dataTableContent" align="center"><?php echo tep_datetime_short($orders['date_purchased']); ?></td>
               <td class="dataTableContent" align="right"><?php echo $orders['orders_status_name']; ?></td>
               <td class="dataTableContent" align="right"><?php if (isset($oInfo) && is_object($oInfo) && ($orders['orders_id'] == $oInfo->orders_id)) { echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icon_arrow_right.gif', ''); } else { echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ORDERS, tep_get_all_get_params(array('oID')) . 'oID=' . $orders['orders_id']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icon_info.gif', IMAGE_ICON_INFO) . '</a>'; } ?> </td>
             </tr>
<?php
   }
?>
             <tr>
               <td colspan="5"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
                 <tr>
                   <td class="smallText" valign="top"><?php echo $orders_split->display_count($orders_query_numrows, MAX_DISPLAY_SEARCH_RESULTS, $HTTP_GET_VARS['page'], TEXT_DISPLAY_NUMBER_OF_ORDERS); ?></td>
                   <td class="smallText" align="right"><?php echo $orders_split->display_links($orders_query_numrows, MAX_DISPLAY_SEARCH_RESULTS, MAX_DISPLAY_PAGE_LINKS, $HTTP_GET_VARS['page'], tep_get_all_get_params(array('page', 'oID', 'action'))); ?></td>
                 </tr>
               </table></td>
             </tr>
           </table></td>
<?php
 $heading = array();
 $contents = array();

switch ($action) {
   case 'delete':
     $heading[] = array('text' => '<b>' . TEXT_INFO_HEADING_DELETE_ORDER . '</b>');

$contents = array('form' => tep_draw_form('orders', FILENAME_ORDERS, tep_get_all_get_params(array('oID', 'action')) . 'oID=' . $oInfo->orders_id . '&action=deleteconfirm'));
     $contents[] = array('text' => TEXT_INFO_DELETE_INTRO . '<br><br><b>' . $cInfo->customers_firstname . ' ' . $cInfo->customers_lastname . '</b>');
     $contents[] = array('text' => '<br>' . tep_draw_checkbox_field('restock') . ' ' . TEXT_INFO_RESTOCK_PRODUCT_QUANTITY);
     $contents[] = array('align' => 'center', 'text' => '<br>' . tep_image_submit('button_delete.gif', IMAGE_DELETE) . ' <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ORDERS, tep_get_all_get_params(array('oID', 'action')) . 'oID=' . $oInfo->orders_id) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_cancel.gif', IMAGE_CANCEL) . '</a>');
     break;
   default:
     if (isset($oInfo) && is_object($oInfo)) {
       $heading[] = array('text' => '<b>[' . $oInfo->orders_id . ']  ' . tep_datetime_short($oInfo->date_purchased) . '</b>');

$contents[] = array('align' => 'center', 'text' => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ORDERS, tep_get_all_get_params(array('oID', 'action')) . 'oID=' . $oInfo->orders_id . '&action=edit') . '">' . tep_image_button('button_edit.gif', IMAGE_EDIT) . '</a> <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ORDERS, tep_get_all_get_params(array('oID', 'action')) . 'oID=' . $oInfo->orders_id . '&action=delete') . '">' . tep_image_button('button_delete.gif', IMAGE_DELETE) . '</a>');
       $contents[] = array('align' => 'center', 'text' => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ORDERS_INVOICE, 'oID=' . $oInfo->orders_id) . '" TARGET="_blank">' . tep_image_button('button_invoice.gif', IMAGE_ORDERS_INVOICE) . '</a> <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ORDERS_PACKINGSLIP, 'oID=' . $oInfo->orders_id) . '" TARGET="_blank">' . tep_image_button('button_packingslip.gif', IMAGE_ORDERS_PACKINGSLIP) . '</a>');
       $contents[] = array('text' => '<br>' . TEXT_DATE_ORDER_CREATED . ' ' . tep_date_short($oInfo->date_purchased));
       if (tep_not_null($oInfo->last_modified)) $contents[] = array('text' => TEXT_DATE_ORDER_LAST_MODIFIED . ' ' . tep_date_short($oInfo->last_modified));
       $contents[] = array('text' => '<br>' . TEXT_INFO_PAYMENT_METHOD . ' '  . $oInfo->payment_method);
if (strtolower($oInfo->payment_method) == 'paypal') {
  require_once(DIR_FS_CATALOG_MODULES . 'payment/paypal/database_tables.php');
  $paypal_payment_status_query = tep_db_query("select p.payment_status from " . TABLE_PAYPAL . " p left join " . TABLE_ORDERS . " o on p.paypal_ipn_id = o.paypal_ipn_id where o.orders_id ='" . $oInfo->orders_id . "'");
  $paypal_payment_status = tep_db_fetch_array($paypal_payment_status_query);
  //quick work around for unkown order status id
  $paypal_payment_status_value = (tep_not_null($paypal_payment_status['payment_status'])) ? $paypal_payment_status['payment_status'] : $oInfo->orders_status_name;
  $contents[] = array('text' => 'Payment Status:' . ' ' . $paypal_payment_status_value );
}
//end PayPal_shopping_Cart_IPN
     }
     break;
 }

if ( (tep_not_null($heading)) && (tep_not_null($contents)) ) {
   echo '            <td width="25%" valign="top">' . "\n";

$box = new box;
   echo $box->infoBox($heading, $contents);

echo '            </td>' . "\n";
 }
?>
         </tr>
       </table></td>
     </tr>
<?php
 }
?>
   </table></td>
<!-- body_text_eof //-->
 </tr>
</table>
<!-- body_eof //-->

<!-- footer //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'footer.php'); ?>
<!-- footer_eof //-->
<br>
</body>
</html>
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php'); ?>

Edited by Tomas

I fixed that error.

Ok, missing buttons in the control panel under customers.

And where the heck is the download button?

• 4 months later...
1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'limit 0, 20' at line 1

[TEP STOP]

New Error

I was getting this too. Looks like someone meant to put in a SORT BY based on the LISTING variable passed in the URL, but I never found any code to cover it. So, in /admin/orders.php, find this line, near the top:

$action = (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['action']) ? $HTTP_GET_VARS['action'] : '');

Above that, add:

if($HTTP_GET_VARS['listing']=="customers") { $sort_by = "o.customers_name"; }
elseif($HTTP_GET_VARS['listing']=="customers-desc") { $sort_by = "o.customers_name DESC"; }
elseif($HTTP_GET_VARS['listing']=="ottotal") { $sort_by = "order_total"; }
elseif($HTTP_GET_VARS['listing']=="ottotal-desc") { $sort_by = "order_total DESC"; }
elseif($HTTP_GET_VARS['listing']=="id-asc") { $sort_by = "o.orders_id"; }
elseif($HTTP_GET_VARS['listing']=="id-desc") { $sort_by = "o.orders_id DESC"; }
elseif($HTTP_GET_VARS['listing']=="status-asc") { $sort_by = "o.orders_status"; }
elseif($HTTP_GET_VARS['listing']=="status-desc") { $sort_by = "o.orders_status DESC"; }
else { $sort_by = "o.orders_id DESC"; }

Then, go way down and find the block that starts:

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['cID'])) {
     $cID = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_GET_VARS['cID']);
     $orders_query_raw = "select o.orders_id, .................

Change all three instances of:

order by $orders";

to

order by " . $sort_by;

Works for me.

And where do I get the GIF images for the admin/orders.php?

Nowhere in the "Download controller" package...or osC itself...

localhost:~/Desktop/Download_Controllev5.3 MS2.2 klingler$ find ./ -name ic_up.gif
localhost:~/Desktop/Download_Controllev5.3 MS2.2 klingler$ find ./ -name ic_down.gif
localhost:~/Desktop/Download_Controllev5.3 MS2.2 klingler$

• 1 month later...

Still seems to be one of the most hated and—at the same time—most beloved contribs... Sorry to say, I don't have the spare time right now to redo everything I did and make it a full contrib update, but let me try to help you a little in the meantime. After all, it IS a great thing when ist works ;-)

The well-known problem in /catalog/admin/orders.php is probably due to somebody actually planning very neat sort options and forgetting some parts. Unfortunately I cannot give you my orders.php since it has at least 3 mods in it right now, plus alot of other changes. But I will try to outline the changes that make the original idea work. Please don't clobber me to death if I should forget anything :-)

The easiest might be to start from the orders.php that came with "Download_Controllev5.3 MS2.2" and build up from there. But PLEASE backup YOUR orders.php FIRST—you might have to re-indtroduce your other mods into the new one, afterwards!!!

I use line numbers from the contrib's orders.php.

After line 114, add:

<script language="javascript" src="includes/general.js"></script>

Not sure if it's needed, but for safety's sake.

Replace line 310 with:

$orders_history_query = tep_db_query("select orders_status_id, date_added, customer_notified, comments from " . TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS_HISTORY . " where orders_id = '" . tep_db_input($oID) . "' order by date_added");

Delete lines 388-392 and replace with these 6 lines:

<td class="dataTableHeadingContent" align="right"><a href="<?php echo "$PHP_SELF?listing=orders"; ?>"><?php echo tep_image_button('small_up.gif', ' Sort ' . TABLE_HEADING_ORDER_ID . ' --> 1-2-3 From Top '); ?></a> <a href="<?php echo "$PHP_SELF?listing=orders-desc"; ?>"><?php echo tep_image_button('small_down.gif', ' Sort ' . TABLE_HEADING_CUSTOMERS . ' --> 3-2-1 From Top '); ?></a><br><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_ORDER_ID; ?></td>
               <td class="dataTableHeadingContent" align="left"><a href="<?php echo "$PHP_SELF?listing=customers"; ?>"><?php echo tep_image_button('small_up.gif', ' Sort ' . TABLE_HEADING_CUSTOMERS . ' --> A-B-C From Top '); ?></a> <a href="<?php echo "$PHP_SELF?listing=customers-desc"; ?>"><?php echo tep_image_button('small_down.gif', ' Sort ' . TABLE_HEADING_CUSTOMERS . ' --> Z-X-Y From Top '); ?></a><br><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_CUSTOMERS; ?></td>
               <td class="dataTableHeadingContent" align="right"><a href="<?php echo "$PHP_SELF?listing=order_total"; ?>"><?php echo tep_image_button('small_up.gif', ' Sort ' . TABLE_HEADING_ORDER_TOTAL . ' --> 1-2-3 From Top '); ?></a> <a href="<?php echo "$PHP_SELF?listing=order_total-desc"; ?>"><?php echo tep_image_button('small_down.gif', ' Sort ' . TABLE_HEADING_ORDER_TOTAL . ' --> 3-2-1 From Top '); ?></a><br><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_ORDER_TOTAL; ?></td>
               <td class="dataTableHeadingContent" align="center"><a href="<?php echo "$PHP_SELF?listing=date_purchased"; ?>"><?php echo tep_image_button('small_up.gif', ' Sort ' . TABLE_HEADING_DATE_PURCHASED . ' --> 1-2-3 From Top '); ?></a> <a href="<?php echo "$PHP_SELF?listing=date_purchased-desc"; ?>"><?php echo tep_image_button('small_down.gif', ' Sort ' . TABLE_HEADING_DATE_PURCHASED . ' --> 3-2-1 From Top '); ?></a><br><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_DATE_PURCHASED; ?></td>
               <td class="dataTableHeadingContent" align="left"><a href="<?php echo "$PHP_SELF?listing=order_status"; ?>"><?php echo tep_image_button('small_up.gif', ' Sort ' . TABLE_HEADING_STATUS . ' --> 1-2-3 From Top '); ?></a> <a href="<?php echo "$PHP_SELF?listing=order_status-desc"; ?>"><?php echo tep_image_button('small_down.gif', ' Sort ' . TABLE_HEADING_STATUS . ' --> 3-2-1 From Top '); ?></a><br><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_STATUS; ?></td>
               <td class="dataTableHeadingContent" align="right"><br><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_ACTION; ?> </td>

After line 394, insert the following:

// Sort orders by ...
   switch ($listing) {
    case "orders":
    $order = "o.orders_id";
    break;
    case "orders-desc":
    $order = "o.orders_id DESC";
    break;
    case "customers":
    $order = "o.customers_name, o.orders_id DESC";
    break;
    case "customers-desc":
    $order = "o.customers_name DESC, o.orders_id DESC";
    break;
    case "order_total":
    $order = "ot.value";
    break;
    case "order_total-desc":
    $order = "ot.value DESC";
    break;
    case "date_purchased":
    $order = "o.date_purchased, o.customers_name";
    break;
    case "date_purchased-desc":
    $order = "o.date_purchased DESC, o.customers_name";
    break;
    case "order_status":
    $order = "s.orders_status_id, o.customers_name";
    break;
    case "order_status-desc":
    $order = "s.orders_status_id DESC, o.customers_name";
    break;
   default:
     $order = "o.orders_id DESC, o.customers_name";
        }

That is probably what was intended and gives nice sorting capabilities.

Replace line 417 by the following 2:

<td class="dataTableContent" align="right"><?php echo $orders['orders_id']; ?></td>
               <td class="dataTableContent" align="left"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ORDERS, tep_get_all_get_params(array('oID', 'action')) . 'oID=' . $orders['orders_id'] . '&action=edit') . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_ICONS . 'preview.gif', ICON_PREVIEW) . '</a> ' . $orders['customers_name']; ?></td>

Replace line 420 by this line:

<td class="dataTableContent" align="left"><?php echo $orders['orders_status_name']; ?></td>

That should take care of orders.php, now you only need the "small_up.gif" and "small_down.gif" files. Since these were nowhere to be found, I made my own:

small_up.gifsmall_down.gif

I invite you to copy and use these freely.

The belong into /admin/includes/languages/english/images/buttons/ (and all other language directories if you have).

You should also (probably manually) have made the other changes—DO NOT just replace your files with the ones in the contrib!

-----

And here are the changes for the Free Shipping & Free Charge Modules:

(All Line numbers are from the unchanged 2.2MS2 files!)

/catalog/checkout_process.php:

After line 92, add:

'last_modified' => 'now()',

/catalog/checkout_shipping.php:

After line 15, add:

if (tep_get_configuration_key_value('MODULE_SHIPPING_FREESHIPPER_STATUS') and $cart->show_weight()!=0) {
 tep_session_unregister('shipping');
}

/catalog/includes/classes/shipping.php:

Replace line 18 with:

global $language, $PHP_SELF, $cart;

After line 28, insert:

// BOF: WebMakers.com Added: Downloads Controller - Free Shipping and Payments
// Show either normal shipping modules or free shipping module when Free Shipping Module is On
         // Free Shipping Only
         if (tep_get_configuration_key_value('MODULE_SHIPPING_FREESHIPPER_STATUS') and $cart->show_weight()==0) {
           $include_modules[] = array('class'=> 'freeshipper', 'file' => 'freeshipper.php');
         } else {
         // All Other Shipping Modules

After line 30, insert:

// Don't show Free Shipping Module
             if ($class !='freeshipper') {

After line 33, insert:

}
// EOF: WebMakers.com Added: Downloads Controller - Free Shipping and Payments
       }

/catalog/includes/classes/payment.php:

Replace line 18 with:

global $payment, $language, $PHP_SELF, $cart;

After line 30, insert:

// BOF: WebMakers.com Added: Downloads Controller - Free Shipping and Payments
// Show either normal payment modules or free payment module when Free Shipping Module is On
         // Free Payment Only

if (tep_get_configuration_key_value('MODULE_PAYMENT_FREECHARGER_STATUS') and ($cart->show_total()==0 and $cart->show_weight==0)) {
           $this->selected_module = $module;
           $include_modules[] = array('class'=> 'freecharger', 'file' => 'freecharger.php');
         } else {
           // All Other Payment Modules

After line 32, insert:

// Don't show Free Payment Module
             if ($class !='freecharger') {

After line 35, insert:

}
       }

Now you have to copy these files from the contrib into your system:

/catalog/includes/modules/shipping/free_shipper.php

/catalog/includes/modules/payment/free_charger.php

/catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/free_shipper.php

/catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/payment/free_charger.php

-----

All this is nice, and we're ALMOST finished. The contrib overlooked another minor detail: Download links in osC lead to /catalog/download.php in order to do some little other 'magic' (like decrementing the D/L counter, for instance) and this guy simply DIES whenever something's wrong! Symptom: Customer gets an empty browser screen (white with the default osC).

Well, but what MIGHT go wrong?

Easy. osC's download system is based on the PURCHASE date. Imagine what will happen if a customer's payment takes 10 days to reach you and you've set download expiration to +7 days?

Righto! Download controller handles everything beautifully (because it's designed to count from the 'last modified date'), then hands your customer over to /catalog/download.php... and this guy checks on purchase date. INVALID! DIE!!! *boom*

Well, let's make life simple and just change it to the same logic DLC uses.

/catalog/download.php:

After line 21, insert:

$my_downloads_date = 'last_modified';

Replace line 23 with:

$downloads_query = tep_db_query("select date_format($my_downloads_date, '%Y-%m-%d') as date_purchased_day, opd.download_maxdays, opd.download_count, opd.download_maxdays, opd.orders_products_filename from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " o, " . TABLE_ORDERS_PRODUCTS . " op, " . TABLE_ORDERS_PRODUCTS_DOWNLOAD . " opd where o.customers_id = '" . $customer_id . "' and o.orders_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['order'] . "' and o.orders_id = op.orders_id and op.orders_products_id = opd.orders_products_id and opd.orders_products_download_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['id'] . "' and opd.orders_products_filename != ''");

Wow. We've done ALL needed CODE changes. (Welllll, I hope, I didn't forget anything.)

-----

Now, let's make some fancy switches for the admin section (if you haven't already done so!):

Open the contrib's file 'downloads_controller.sql' using your programming editor (NOT Word!... but Notepad is okay) and copy all the content into the clipboard (Ctrl+A, Ctrl+C).

Fire up your phpMyAdmin (the program to manage your mySQL database with), connect to your osCommerce database. Scroll down until you see the input field 'Run SQL query/queries on database osCommerce'. Now PASTE the funny SQL code there. And press the 'GO' button.

That should take care of it, but watch the result. It should say something like 'Your SQL Query has been executed successfully!'.

Leave phpMyAdmin. Log into your shop's Admin section and check 'Configuration/Download'. You should see the following entries, adjust as appropriate:

Enable download	true 	 
Download by redirect	false 	 
Expiry delay (days)	7 	 
Maximum number of downloads	3 	 
Downloads Controller Update Status Value	4 	 
Downloads Controller Download on hold message	<BR><font color="FF0000">NOTE: Downloads are not available until payment has been confirmed</font> 	 
Downloads Controller Order Status Value	4

Hints:

—Set 'download by redirect' ONLY on *nix-based systems.

—DLC Update Status Value is the level # in your order processing from which you can reset the 'download allowed' if the customer for some reason doesn't download within the expiry time.

—DLC Order Status Value is the MINIMUM level # that must be reached BEFORE the download link is even shown.

I use this with automated PayPal and other money transfer methods, and have set up the 'levels' as follows:

1 = Pending (default status from most orders)

2 = On Hold (waiting for money)

3 = Canceled (aborted, refunded, whatever error)

4 = Processing (processing his order, D/L is allowed from here)

5 = Delivered (the order has been delivered and is closed)

This setting allows me to re-allow downloads for a late customer just by setting the order status AGAIN to whatever is current, i.e. 4 or 5. AS LONG AS HE HASN'T EXHAUSTED HIS # DOWNLOADS!

Some things still require the use of phpMyAdmin, it seems ... ;-)

You DO know never to play in a 'live' system, don't you? Because if you had orders in the system already (and, say only status 1,2,3) and now suddenly start to play around introducing NEW statuses and re-arranging the numbering scheme YOU ARE IN BIG TROUBLE. Because not to mess up existing data, much much more needs to be changed, and I am NOT going to repair your SQL database with 10,000 orders and 7,500 customers in it...

And, to be honest, I WILL NOT have much time to do support, so all this is just meant to help you out if you know what you're doing. And actually, since it's not my contrib, it should be done by somebody else. Or been tested better in the first place.

-----

PLEASE make BACKUPS! And keep in mind that even original file line numbers don't stay in place when you insert new lines of code... Best practise: Make a copy and have both files onscreen next to each other...

Well, I hope this will help some of you out there to get this fantastic contrib working! Thanks to the author(s). Not only for the bugs and the many hours of work I had with this, but really and honestly for the great idea and the very valuable contrib!

Enjoy!

Matthias

I don't want to set the world on fire—I just want to start a flame in your heart.

osCommerce Contributions:

Class cc_show() v1.0 – Show Credit Cards, Gateways

More Product Weight v1.0

Hmm. For some reason I cannot edit my own text.

Well, just to let you see how it can look, here's a screenshot of the a.m. orders.php in all it's glory, WITH the small sorting buttons, and actually sorted by order status. All from a test system, of course.

dlc-screen-orders.jpg

It's actually neat to be able to sort orders by anything, and to know that in the meantime all your intangible goods get delivered auto-magically...

Now, AM I watering your mouth? ... ;-)

Have a great time!

Matthias

I don't want to set the world on fire—I just want to start a flame in your heart.

More Product Weight v1.0

OK, I've been searching the forums for the past couple of days trying to find a fix for the error I keep getting.

I'm trying to test the downloads, everything works except for the link itself. When I click on the download link, I get an error because the link shows this >

https://www.mysite.com/shop/pub/.jhlpzfwvdu...svwtx/026_1.zip

I always get a server error. Then when I disabled the "Download by redirect" I get the link trying to download the link.

Ex: Downloading file: download.php?order=11&id=4 from www.mysite.com

I have the folders both set at 777, and I even tried it with the downloads folder at 755.

Everything works, the link button shows only when I set it to a certain order status, I added the download attribute. The only problem is the downloading.

Anyone have a fix to this?

Thanks,

EnteLite

I must say, I never much played with the "download by redirect" option since the other way just works fine for me.

If you enable "download by redirect", the system apparently tries to create an invisible folder below your /catalog/pub/ directory. I don't know where it gets the file to put there and when this directory will vanish, I'd have to look up the code for that and just haven't the time right now.

If you disable "d/l by redirect", the d/l link will point to /catalog/download.php which in turn will do some checks then send your customer the file you specified with a NAME ONLY in your product attribute (i.e., "test.zip"). The file must be in /catalog/download, in our case as "/catalog/download/test.zip".

If you run on a Linux type system the directory /catalog/download/ should be CHMOD'ed 755 and IT'S CONTENT 644.

Be sure that nobody else can read the /catalog/download/ directory thru your web server, i.e. by placing an appropriate .htaccess restriction, on the lines of, say

# Download Directory

Options -Indexes

Order Allow,Deny

Allow from .yourdomain.com

Did you patch the donload.php as in above example? (In order not to have the link expired already?)

HTH,

M.

More Product Weight v1.0