• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Downloads Controller v5.3 with Free Ship/Pay

Ajeh

Hmm - thought we'd cracked it then.

Bugger.

You didn't answer my other question, was it downloading OK before you installed the controller mod? If it was then at least you know it's something the mod is doing. If it wasn't then the mod might be fine and it could be something else.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I can't really help any more without knowing precisely what you have done and what you haven't done. If you haven't already, go over the wiki documentation with a fine-tooth comb to see if you have missed anything out. You might have missed out a vital step and not noticed. And yes the chmodding thing was important but there is obviously something else as well.

Linda should get back to you pretty soon and she knows more than me :D Although that's not difficult ;)

It seems that the original author of this contribution is not thinking about giving us a solution, anyway, i found a workaround for the error in the admin area.

I just need to know the Order ID that i wanna process. then i just put that ID in the box situed well at the right side of the screen (maybe you need to scroll right) and press enter. After that, at least for me, i can process the order status without any problem...

Hope it help. :wink:

I found, that when installing and modifying OSC, I miss a small thing and it causes alot of errors. So I go back, step by step and be sure I followed the directions. I installed the wrong version of this on top of an OSC 2.2 MS1 version. So, I removed that step by step, and installed the correct version of downloads controller:

DOWNLOADS_CONTROLLER_MS1_v5_3

Worked fine after that =D

What version of the download controller are you running, and what milestone of OSC 2.2 are you building off of?

Jesse Rooney

I have the same problem with insphire.

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'limit 0, 20' at line 1

select o.orders_id, o.customers_name, o.payment_method, o.date_purchased, o.last_modified, o.currency, o.currency_value, s.orders_status_name, ot.text as order_total from orders o left join orders_total ot on (o.orders_id = ot.orders_id), orders_status s where o.orders_status = s.orders_status_id and s.language_id = '1' and ot.class = 'ot_total' order by limit 0, 20

[TEP STOP]

What's wrong?

I had the same problem and the actual error lies in file /admin/orders.php around line 398:

I made some modifications so i can't give you the exact line number sorry. There are 3 lines with the "$orders_query_raw" line of code. You will notice at the end it has "and ot.class = 'ot_total' order by $order" Well the "$order" has no appropiate value. A temporary fix is to remove the "order by $order" part from each of the 3 lines of code. But from what I have seen it looks like the author wanted to use the variable "$listing"... i.e. "order by $listing"... The links on the admin orders page support this theory although i have not tried it yet as i am still tweaking my code. I will also assume there is no default value for $listing so you will need to add that first.. I will give more info when i get there:-)

My testing has gone extensive with this mod. Its great! But, one bug, or I must be doing something wrong in my settings.

I tried many ways of processing, using default etc etc.

I am using free payment / shipping on this product, with 'Set Order Status' to downloadable (4)

So, here is the issue. I place an order, it goes to order status 4 after confirmation (its free payment, happens instantly). Order status 4 in my admin is 'downloadable', and in config > download, i have the status set to 4 as well.

Now, all I see is the text to download, no actual link to the product, I go into admin, and update the status of the order to 3, then back to 4.

VOILA! THERE IS A DOWNLOAD LINK!

How to fix this? I have no clue....

ANYONE?

Jesse Rooney

I had the same problem. Reloaded the program several times and I'm sure this is a bug! What's up with the author?

:evil:

JammerPro

I have the same problem with insphire.

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'limit 0, 20' at line 1

select o.orders_id, o.customers_name, o.payment_method, o.date_purchased, o.last_modified, o.currency, o.currency_value, s.orders_status_name, ot.text as order_total from orders o left join orders_total ot on (o.orders_id = ot.orders_id), orders_status s where o.orders_status = s.orders_status_id and s.language_id = '1' and ot.class = 'ot_total' order by limit 0, 20

[TEP STOP]

What's wrong?

I had the same problem and the actual error lies in file /admin/orders.php around line 398:

I made some modifications so i can't give you the exact line number sorry. There are 3 lines with the "$orders_query_raw" line of code. You will notice at the end it has "and ot.class = 'ot_total' order by $order" Well the "$order" has no appropiate value. A temporary fix is to remove the "order by $order" part from each of the 3 lines of code. But from what I have seen it looks like the author wanted to use the variable "$listing"... i.e. "order by $listing"... The links on the admin orders page support this theory although i have not tried it yet as i am still tweaking my code. I will also assume there is no default value for $listing so you will need to add that first.. I will give more info when i get there:-)

Hi

been reading this thread and wondered how easy/stable this contribution is under both MS1 and MS2. Any problems or suggestions, that I should be aware of?

I have a virgin MS1 and MS2 but one shop is a "mess" of contributions and I wondered what experiences people have been having.

Thanks for any response.

Ian

Well I installed it under CVS and have had no problems, once I figured out how to actually set the thing to download. But that was not the fault of the contrib.

Seems like all the problems are occurring under MS2

Well I installed it under CVS and have had no problems, once I figured out how to actually set the thing to download. But that was not the fault of the contrib.

Seems like all the problems are occurring under MS2

Thanks. Its actually under MS2 that I'm deploying this on first. Any more comments out there?

In short, it works in the end right? :?

Ian

I have MS2 ... and there is no way that it worls! :evil:

Care to elaborate a bit.

I am persisting with this as a client of mine is interested in such a module (donation coming of course), but just from what I read here is might not be a good idea to place on MS2?

Your thoughts people.

Thanks,

Ian

Ian ... See all previous and my previous comments in this thread (9/1/03) http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/viewtopic.php...p=223080#223080.

In short, the problem is:

[TEP STOP]

EZ

how good is your SQL? That error denotes something is wrong with the SQL comment. At first glance and until I get this module installed try this:

select o.orders_id, o.customers_name, o.payment_method, o.date_purchased, o.last_modified, o.currency, o.currency_value, s.orders_status_name, ot.text as order_total from orders o left join orders_total ot on (o.orders_id = ot.orders_id), orders_status s where o.orders_status = s.orders_status_id and s.language_id = '1' and ot.class = 'ot_total' order by limit '0, 20'

I'm hoping to get to this module soon. So I will play catch up then.

Ian

Ian and all others who have had the MySQL syntax problem...

YourSQL is better than MySQL! :D

However, I have not tried your fix (I had to mess with MySQL too many times this week).

If you try it, or if anyone else tries it, please let me know how it turned out!

JammerPro

did you run

INSERT INTO `configuration` ( `configuration_id` , `configuration_title` , `configuration_key` , `configuration_value` , `configuration_description` , `configuration_group_id` , `sort_order` , `last_modified` , `date_added` , `use_function` , `set_function` ) VALUES ('', 'Downloads Controller Update Status Value', 'DOWNLOADS_ORDERS_STATUS_UPDATED_VALUE', '4', 'What orders_status resets the Download days and Max Downloads - Default is 4', '13', '90', '2003-02-18 13:22:32', '', NULL , NULL);

INSERT INTO `configuration` ( `configuration_id` , `configuration_title` , `configuration_key` , `configuration_value` , `configuration_description` , `configuration_group_id` , `sort_order` , `last_modified` , `date_added` , `use_function` , `set_function` ) VALUES ('', 'Downloads Controller Download on hold message', 'DOWNLOADS_CONTROLLER_ON_HOLD_MSG', '<BR><font color="FF0000">NOTE: Downloads are not available until payment has been confirmed</font>', 'Downloads Controller Download on hold message', '13', '91', '2003-02-18 13:22:32', '', NULL , NULL);

INSERT INTO `configuration` ( `configuration_id` , `configuration_title` , `configuration_key` , `configuration_value` , `configuration_description` , `configuration_group_id` , `sort_order` , `last_modified` , `date_added` , `use_function` , `set_function` ) VALUES ('', 'Downloads Controller Order Status Value', 'DOWNLOADS_CONTROLLER_ORDERS_STATUS', '2', 'Downloads Controller Order Status Value - Default=2', '13', '92', '2003-02-18 13:22:32', '', NULL , NULL);

and ot.class = 'ot_total' order by limit '0, 20'
The syntax here is wrong. It needs to be order by *something* limit... As a short term fix, deleting the words "order by" would probably work.

Hth,

Matt

Hi Jammer,

What version of osCommerce are you using with Downloads Controllerv5.3? I have not run into any issues but there could always be a new one that I have not come across yet.

From what I have been reading it sounds like the errors happen on /admin/orders.php

Edit the file and search for the word MAX_

See if that reads MAX_DISPLAY_SEARCH_RESULTS or MAX_DISPLAY_SEARCH_RESULTS_ORDERS

Also if you have the ID of the orders.php it would help too.

Dear Farouk and Linda,

Thanks so much for your reply.

I am using oscommerce-2.2ms2, and Download Controller 5.3 MS2.2.

I have MAX_DISPLAY_SEARCH_RESULTS in three places in orders.php:

}

$orders_split = new splitPageResults($HTTP_GET_VARS['page'], MAX_DISPLAY_SEARCH_RESULTS, $orders_query_raw, $orders_query_numrows);

$orders_query = tep_db_query($orders_query_raw);

while ($orders = tep_db_fetch_array($orders_query)) {

Further Down:

<tr>

<td class="smallText" valign="top"><?php echo $orders_split->display_count($orders_query_numrows, MAX_DISPLAY_SEARCH_RESULTS, TEXT_DISPLAY_NUMBER_OF_ORDERS); ?></td>

<td class="smallText" align="right"><?php echo $orders_split->display_links($orders_query_numrows, MAX_DISPLAY_SEARCH_RESULTS, tep_get_all_get_params(array('page', 'oID', 'action'))); ?></td>

</tr>

Don't have ID of the orders.php ...

JammerPro