osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Downloads Controller v5.3 with Free Ship/Pay

Ajeh

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand the readme text file on this mod. I am having trouble getting the whole download thing to work anyway, I thought this mod might make it work for me. But I don't understand how to install it - it just says stuff like

Changed Files:

/catalog/checkout_process.php - adding one more element to the array

/catalog/checkout_shipping.php- adding 1 IF statement to the top of the file

/catalog/includes/classes/shipping.php - changes to the function shipping

/catalog/includes/classes/payment.php - changes to the function payment

but doesn't tell me how to make the changes

Help!

The easiest way is to go into phpMyAdmin ... select your database ... click on the SQL box, paste in the code and click Go.

I also have this same problem.

Found phpMyAdmin - NP

CLicked on the SQL box - NP

Paste in the code - what code?? I can't open the sql file to see the code, so how can I paste it in? Would it be possible for you (or someone) to put the code here. Or PM me with it.

OK - I managed to get it installed.

But nothing is happening.

I purchase the downloadable goods, and it tells me my order has ben accepted and then I am taken back to the main page of the store. Can't find anywhere where I can download the files.

Can someone help me please, as I am going out of my mind.

See for yourself:

www.cheapsheetmusic.co.uk/store

Create a test account. Test credit card no. is 4111111111111111

Please can someone tell me what I am doing wrong? I am going out of mind with worry here.

I don't see that any of your products have downloads attached to them.

Do you have downloads turned on?

Did you add a download to the files in product_attributes.php in the Admin?

Firs of all, THANK YOU for your response. I have been asking in General Support for ages and no one is helping me. I know everyone's a volunteer but I am going frantic with worry.

I have added the download files to catalog/download

I have downloads enabled in the admin section

I have the filename added in the Product Attributes section in the Admin. Does it just have to be the filename or does it need to have the categories also eg catalog/downloads/filename

I followed the wiki documentation to the letter and have done everything it said do.

Do I need to change the script in products_attributes.php?

Actually - I was just going over everything and I just saw something. The permissions in the test download file, unreal.zip, are 755, but all mine are 644. Might that be the problem?

TIA for your help. Hopefully it will be something that simple then I can relax a bit! I was having nightmares about this last night!

:(

Just tried changing the permissions on one of the files and it made no difference.

I don't have any Option names or Option values in my product attributes, only the filename. Should I have?

Which page is the download page where customers should be able to download from? If I manually type in download.php, eg

http://cheapsheetmusic.co.uk/store/download.php

I just get a blank page.

hi ive got a problem with this.

when i inseted the sql info, i got a load of lines saying "header information already sent out" or similar.

now in you admin i have the following error:

Orders  Order ID:  

Customers  

Order Total  

Date Purchased   

Status  

Action  

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'limit 0, 20' at line 1

select o.orders_id, o.customers_name, o.payment_method, o.date_purchased, o.last_modified, o.currency, o.currency_value, s.orders_status_name, ot.text as order_total from orders o left join orders_total ot on (o.orders_id = ot.orders_id), orders_status s where o.orders_status = s.orders_status_id and s.language_id = '1' and ot.class = 'ot_total' order by limit 0, 20

[TEP STOP]

can anyone help???

:(

Just tried changing the permissions on one of the files and it made no difference.  

I don't have any Option names or Option values in my product attributes, only the filename. Should I have?

Which page is the download page where customers should be able to download from? If I manually type in download.php, eg  

http://cheapsheetmusic.co.uk/store/download.php

I just get a blank page.

Hey, I'm running DC with MS2.

Couple of things setting up (and I asked considerably dumber questions of Linda than you have when I installed this mod, so I hope I'm helpful to make up for it!)

You can add a new product attribute (where that color thing pops up in the drop down bar)--in my case, Version--download: Acrobat, Version--download: Microsoft Reader, etc... then enter a new filename with each such attribute.

It only works when you have the files in "catalog/download" and give it the filename.pdf -- no /htdocs/catalog/download/filename.pdf, just "filename.pdf"--should be seeing the page in order history.

One other thing I've noticed... if after you change everything (filenames, etc.), and you still don't see a download link, you should delete all attributes for that product and try again with the right filenames... think there's another thread about this... but trust me.

Good luck!

^Thanks for your help. I am really stuck with this.

Are you saying that I SHOULD give it some kind of attribute, even if there are no options to choose from?

I have the filename in the right box, just the filename, no directories or anything, but I haven't set up any other options, as I didn't think it would be necessary.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I set up an option name: download and option value: download and tried it again

IT WORKED!!!!!

You have no idea how relieved I was to see that "Download your products here" section!!!!

I was beginning to think that the last 6 months of work typesetting hndreds of pieces of music was going to waste if I couldn't sell it!!!!

I happy now :D :D :D :D

Thank you everyone for your help.

*hugs everyone*

Hi there, im getting the following error in the Admin>Orders section

Orders  Order ID:  

Customers  

Order Total  

Date Purchased    

Status  

Action  

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'limit 0, 20' at line 1 

select o.orders_id, o.customers_name, o.payment_method, o.date_purchased, o.last_modified, o.currency, o.currency_value, s.orders_status_name, ot.text as order_total from orders o left join orders_total ot on (o.orders_id = ot.orders_id), orders_status s where o.orders_status = s.orders_status_id and s.language_id = '1' and ot.class = 'ot_total' order by limit 0, 20 

[TEP STOP]

Any Help is welcome...

I don't know how much help I can be as I am very much a newbie but I followed Linda's instructions earlier in the thread on how to install the SQL file and it works fine. Have you tried deleting it and putting it in again?

Hi Linda

I've installed the Download controller and it works fine... to download, but when I go to the admin/modules/payement in the admin page, I got this:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_get_free_charger() in

/home/almalibr/almalibros-www/catalog/includes/modules/payment/authorizenet.php on line 22

Can you tell me what is wrong?

Thanks a lot

Raul

I have the same problem with insphire.

[TEP STOP]

What's wrong?

The order by is not getting set. It should say order by *something* limit 0,20

The something could be any of the columns of the data. Maybe the line that defined the order by got skipped in the installation?

Hth,

Matt

my downloads is working until I process the payment and then I get you can download it yada yada but it does not show me where. www.arkmusic.com.au/catalog/default.php

If you are interested in helping (and I plead that someone out there does!!!) please email me for test credit card details and login ids

I am getting very desperate because I have posted in so many forums with no response. I cannot figure this out

Joe

I had this same problem and there is one thing you must do which the wiki documentation doesn't mention. You must assign each downloadable product an attribute. That is, you must go to products attributes in the admin section, create an option name (I used 'version'), create an option value (I used 'download only on this item') and then assign that attribute to your product along with the filename to download.

This should fix the problem. It did for me anyway. When you get to checkout success page, there will be a section at the bottom which will say "Download your file here" and give you a list of the files you have bought, along with how many downlaods are left, expiry date etc etc.

I assume you have downloads enabled and have followed the wiki documentation and done everything else . . .

Hmm - don't know then. Are your download and pub folders chmodded correctly? Download = 755 and pub = 777.

Just going over the obvious stuff . I don't really know much about it but it sounded similar to my problem and is very frustrating I know. Did it download OK before you installed the mod?