• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Cross Sell (X-Sell) Admin

dreamscape

I'm having problems with te buy_now-link. (I'm using the xsell_products_buynow.php version) The link goes to the product_info page, instead of taking it into the cart.

The buy_now-link is:

I think the problem is that the products_id is mentioned twice.

But when I make a link hardcoded (just like one in product_listing.php)

, the link becomes correct, but the link goes to the product_info page too.

Can anybody help, please?

Can anyone please help, we are getting this error message in the products page just beneath 'Recommended Products':

1146 - Table 'pleasure_osc1.TABLE_PRODUCTS_GROUPS' doesn't exist

select customers_group_price from TABLE_PRODUCTS_GROUPS where products_id = '32' and customers_group_id = ''

[TEP STOP]

Yet we installed the sql query below, which is atteched to the x-sell contr. ???

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS products_xsell;

CREATE TABLE products_xsell (

ID int(10) NOT NULL auto_increment,

products_id int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '1',

xsell_id int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '1',

sort_order int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '1',

PRIMARY KEY (ID)

) TYPE=MyISAM;

Thank you

Steve

Can anyone please help, we are getting this error message in the products page just beneath 'Recommended Products':

1146 - Table 'pleasure_osc1.TABLE_PRODUCTS_GROUPS' doesn't exist

select customers_group_price from TABLE_PRODUCTS_GROUPS where products_id = '32' and customers_group_id = ''

[TEP STOP]

Yet we installed the sql query below, which is atteched to the x-sell contr. ???

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS products_xsell;

CREATE TABLE products_xsell (

ID int(10) NOT NULL auto_increment,

products_id int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '1',

xsell_id int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '1',

sort_order int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '1',

PRIMARY KEY  (ID)

) TYPE=MyISAM;

Thank you

Steve

Did you create the new fields in the database by inserting the products_xsell.sql? If not, then this is where your problem lies. If so, then fields were not created correctly.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Folks

I've installed this contribution and all seems to work well apart from the fact that when I click on any row of the cross sell table, the page refreshes but nothing happens...

This is what the scren looks like at that point

xsell.gif

but clicking on a row gets me nowhere

The URL that is generated when hovering over 'Edit' in a row is...

http://www.domain.com/catalog/admin/xsell...._product_ID=113

Does anyone have any ideas what I may have missed?

Cheers

Jos

===============

Simple yet Creative

Get Online Web Design : getonlinedesign.com

===============

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for writing this mod!!

I installed this one (http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1415)

and I did it at around 2 am half asleep and it worked right off the bat! Even though I know nothing about programming so you must have done something very right :thumbsup:

I do have one issue though. In the admin it says you can prioritize the items you want cross selled and number them. I changed the numbers around but in the catalog it always shows them in the original order.

No errors are given anywhere - do you know what causes this?

Thanks;

Marvin

Best & Thanks;
Marvin
----------------------
osCommerce 2.3.3.4 

• 1 month later...
Hi Folks

I've installed this contribution and all seems to work well apart from the fact that when I click on any row of the cross sell table, the page refreshes but nothing happens...

xsell.gif

Cheers

Jos

Hi,

I am having the same problem with the X-Sell Prioritize. No errors, but just won't take the sort order changes. Did you find an answer to how to correct yet? Thanks!

Hi Folks

xsell.gif

Cheers

Jos

• 1 month later...
Hi,

I am having the same problem with the X-Sell Prioritize. No errors, but just won't take the sort order changes. Did you find an answer to how to correct yet? Thanks!

Hi,

A solution for you. B)

Simply edit the file includes/module/xsell_products.php on row 15 change the following:

$xsell_query = tep_db_query("select distinct p.products_id, p.products_image, pd.products_name from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_XSELL . " xp, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where xp.products_id = '" . $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and xp.xsell_id = p.products_id and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . $languages_id . "' and p.products_status = '1' order by xp.products_id asc limit " . MAX_DISPLAY_ALSO_PURCHASED);

TO

$xsell_query = tep_db_query("select distinct p.products_id, p.products_image, pd.products_name from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_XSELL . " xp, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where xp.products_id = '" . $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and xp.xsell_id = p.products_id and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . $languages_id . "' and p.products_status = '1' order by sort_order asc limit " . MAX_DISPLAY_ALSO_PURCHASED);

Check your store, priority code should now display correctly. Hope this has helped many!

SUPER STORE X-SELL REQUEST

How difficult would it be to make this contribution useful to owners of shops that have over 10,000+ products?

I was thinking if you could have the option of having a drop down to pick a category of products and have it after you pick the product to add cross sell items to be presented the same category as the product.

This way it would save a lot of time and confusion to manage a lot of products.

If you can do this you are a hero!

Brad

How difficult would it be to make this contribution useful to owners of shops that have over 10,000+ products?

Not that difficult. The biggest change I think is necessary is to 'integrate' the cross-sell admin into the main Product Management, rather than having a separate interface.

Even the interface that it currently has isn't particularly OSC standard i.e. using all the right functions. It's a bit thrown together.

If you can identify the main thing preventing it working with lots of products e.g. having to load thumbnails for each product, you may be best focusing on just changing that as a quick fix.

To do it properly would take 2-3 days of work I should think.

I'm afraid I really don't have time at the moment!

Adam

Anybody know if this is possible????

It's possible, it's easy, lots of people have done it. It requires a small change to the PHP in the relevant page.

I'm afraid I can't get you the details right now, but if you look it should be pretty obvious..

If not, I'll get back on to provide more help in a week or so.

It's possible, it's easy, lots of people have done it. It requires a small change to the PHP in the relevant page.

I'm afraid I can't get you the details right now, but if you look it should be pretty obvious..

If not, I'll get back on to provide more help in a week or so.

Yep, found it.

I simply changed:

$num_products_xsell = tep_db_num_rows($xsell_query); 
if ($num_products_xsell >= MIN_DISPLAY_XSELL) {

to:

$num_products_xsell = tep_db_num_rows($xsell_query);
if ($num_products_xsell >= 1) {

and it worked a treat.

Cheers

Fatmcgav

Edited by fatmcgav

• 2 weeks later...

I was thinking if you could have the option of having a drop down to pick a category of products and have it after you pick the product to add cross sell items to be presented the same category as the product.

This way it would save a lot of time and confusion to manage a lot of products.

If you can do this you are a hero!

If anybody can make this work, IT would be great!

• 2 weeks later...

Would it be a difficult task to modify x-sell to show additional products on a category page, not on an actual product page. The additional products that would be displayed would be based on the CATEGORY chosen, not based on the individual PRODUCT chosen. Has anyone tried this?

• 1 month later...

I just installed "X-Sell v2-MS2 - Cross Sell for MS2" (21 Apr 2005) and the "Add a missing instruction" (25 Apr 2005) patch.

When I click on the "Buy Now" button inside of the "We Also Recommend" box I am taken to the shopping cart, but the item is not being added to the cart.

Everything else with contrib seems to be working fine.

Any suggestions for this problem is greatly appreciated.

John,

The "Cross Sell Products" option should be listed in the admin section under "Catalog". The images that are displayed should be the same ones from your product description. If this isn't showing up there and your images don't appear properly, check the contrib's install instructions to make sure it was installed properly.

Once installed properly, this contrib is great, but I still haven't got the "Buy Now" button to add items to the cart.

Good luck.

Do you have the "Administration Access Level Accounts" or other type of restricted admin contrib installed? If so, you will have to add "Cross Sell Products" to the "Catalog" section. If you don't have a restricted admin contrib installed, check your install instructions again.