• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Cross Sell (X-Sell) Admin

dreamscape

i look Product A, there is the cross-sell Product B, i buy the cross-sell Product B, i am in shopping cart, now i want to go back to Product A...

how can that be done?

sorry for my bad english, i hope you understand and can help at this Problem...

I'm glad you got it working! :)

As for the shopping cart sending you back to Product B - I don't know how to change that. The shopping cart "back" button takes you back to the page for the last product you placed into the cart. Since Product B is the last product that you placed in the cart then it is going to take you to Product B's page.

Maybe someone else has changed their "back" button in their cart and will be able to help :blush:

~Tracy

I get error messages in product_info page. becaus my webhotel runs sql on safe mode, I can't use this add-on?? Can somebody help me fix this problem?

Warning: fopen(): SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid/gid is 143653/143653 is not allowed to access /hsphere/local/home/myshop/myshop.se/shop/xsell/44 owned by uid/gid 398/398 in /hsphere/local/home/myshop/myshop.se/shop/includes/modules/xsell_products.php on line 87 Warning: fopen(xsell/44/4-0.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hsphere/local/home/myshop/myshop.se/shop/includes/modules/xsell_products.php on line 87 Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /hsphere/local/home/myshop/myshop.se/shop/includes/modules/xsell_products.php on line 88 Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /hsphere/local/home/myshop/myshop.se/shop/includes/modules/xsell_products.php on line 89

• 2 weeks later...
Are you using any other contributions that affect the product_listing.php file? For example, I have Master Products installed, so I had to edit different files for that contribution to be able to see the cross sell products box ;)

Hi Tracy,

I'm a very new German here. I read that you have master products and x-sell 2.3

This means you have to change much more than in the installation is named.

Can you advise me, whatmore, please.

I can't see the x-sell box..... :(

Thank you, this would be a real big help

Gisbert

Hi,

Just installed x-sell 2.3 contrib

I think the error is when I added this (last step of the instructions). It doesn't say WHERE in the file to add it, so I added it at the end, before the last ?>

//Cache
function rdel($path, $deldir = true) {
	// $path est le chemin relatif au fichier php
	// $deldir (paramètre optionel, par défaut à vrai) permet de dire si vous souhaitez supprimer le répertoire (vrai) ou le vider uniquement (faux)

// on vérifie d'abord que le nom du repertoire contient "/" à la fin, sinon on le lui rajoute
	if ($path[strlen($path)-1] != "/")
			$path .= "/";

if (is_dir($path)) {
			$d = opendir($path);

while ($f = readdir($d)) {
					if ($f != "." && $f != "..") {
							$rf = $path . $f; // chemin relatif au fichier php

if (is_dir($rf)) // si c'est un répertoire on appel récursivement la fonction
									rdel($rf);
							else // sinon on efface le fichier
									unlink($rf);
					}
			}
			closedir($d);

if ($deldir) // si $deldir est vrai on efface le répertoire
					rmdir($path);
	}
	else {
			unlink($path);
	}
}

//Fin cache

Now, in my Admin, I have this error at the very top of the window:

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/moonligh/public_html/catalog/boss/includes/filenames.php:90) in /home/moonligh/public_html/catalog/boss/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

What does it mean and what can I do ????? What I don't understand is why that code is in French ???? Does that make any difference?

I also can't FIND the x-sell part in Admin panel ...

I think I may have it fixed .....

I changed a few things, but I don't know which fixed it:

Fixed my cache directory mistake

Had line spaces after the ?> in a few files ... even though I always try to eliminate those.

Everything seems fine ... now will try and make this puppy work.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello!

Installed Xsell V2.3

Everything seems ok except when you goto the cart, select an item that has a xsell items I get the following errors. Can Anyone assist me?

Warning: mkdir(../cache/30/): No such file or directory in /catalog/includes/modules/xsell_products.php on line 86

Warning: fopen(../cache/30/1-0.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /catalog/includes/modules/xsell_products.php on line 87

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /catalog/includes/modules/xsell_products.php on line 88

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /catalog/includes/modules/xsell_products.php on line 89

Thanks

Pete

Pete,

Having the same problem and couldn't find an answer in the posts. Did you ever sort your problem? If so a few pointers would be gratefully accepted.

Is it down to step 14 of the installation instructions ... they are in French, beautiful language but I can't read it. If it is essential, does anyone have an English translation?

Kind regards,

ScotsMist

Wish the authors and contributors would monitor and answer this thread.

It's obvious that the french code in step 14 is giving us a lot of hassles.

After adding this contribution, I have an error in Admin when I am deleting products. And the french code is part of the problem.

Also, the instructions for Steps 14 and 11 does not mention WHERE within the files to add the codes .... so I put them at the end of the file, before the last ?> And it's in both these files where my Admin error message happens.

The products I want to delete are deleted, but I have to constantly hit the back button after deleting to return to Admin to continue on my merry way.

Hello,

I use the http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1415 X-Sell v2.3 MS2 with the last fix proposed by scotspaul.

All works well, except the button "Continue Shopping" when and only when the customer uses the BUY directly on a product located inside the "We Also Recommend" X-sell zone.

Any idea ?

Thank you in advance for your support,

Best regards

Edited by bienenf

Step 14 is in French for instal of xsell 2.3

Anybody got an English translation?

//Cache

function rdel($path, $deldir = true) {

// $path est le chemin relatif au fichier php : the relatif path to the Php file

// $deldir (paramètre optionel, par défaut à vrai) permet de dire si vous souhaitez supprimer le répertoire (vrai) ou le vider uniquement (faux) : Optionnal parameter, True as default) it allows to say if you would like to remove the directory (true) or to make it empty (false)

// on vérifie d'abord que le nom du repertoire contient "/" à la fin, sinon on le lui rajoute : We check the directory name includes "/" at the end, if not we add it

if ($path[strlen($path)-1] != "/")

$path .= "/";

if (is_dir($path)) {

$d = opendir($path);

while ($f = readdir($d)) {

if ($f != "." && $f != "..") {

$rf = $path . $f; // chemin relatif au fichier php : relative path for the php file

if (is_dir($rf)) // si c'est un répertoire on appel récursivement la fonction : if this is a directory we call recursivelately (??) the function

rdel($rf);

else // sinon on efface le fichier : if not the file is removed

unlink($rf);

}

}

closedir($d);

if ($deldir) // si $deldir est vrai on efface le répertoire : If $deldir is true, the directory is removed.

rmdir($path);

}

else {

unlink($path);

}

}

//Fin cache : End Cache

Hope this help. ;)

Edited by bienenf

Hi Tracy,

I'm a very new German here. I read that you have master products and x-sell 2.3

This means you have to change much more than in the installation is named.

Can you advise me, whatmore, please.

I can't see the x-sell box..... :(

Thank you, this would be a real big help

Gisbert

I've been going through it all and I don't think I changed anything for Master Products to work with this contrib. :huh:

I did NOT change the queries from products_status=1 to products_master_status=1 (this is a pretty standard change to make most contributions work correctly with Master Products, at least in my case - but I didn't need to do it with Xsell). I also double checked the master_listing.php and master_products.php files and I didn't see any code in there for Xsell.

I would double check and make sure you are setting up your cross sells by choosing the Master Product first, then choose what items you want to recommend for purchase with that product. The Master Products product_id is typically what you have in your URL - and the product_id is what determines whether or not the Cross Sell box should be shown. So I choose the Master Product and click "edit", then I choose the "slave" products that I want to cross sell by checking their boxes and click on "Update".

The only time the box shows is when you are viewing a product that has cross sell products set for it. If there are no products chosen to be cross sold - then the box doesn't show.

Try that and let me know if it helps you any. If not I can PM you the files I changed for Xsell, but keep in mind I have several other contributions as well that modify those files (like Separate Price Per Customer and Hide Products / Categories from Customer Groups for SPPC - etc....)

~Tracy

• 1 month later...

This newbie is confused, but I believe this is an easy answer for those that know.

Which version of x-sell/xsell/cross sell should I use? Contribution 1415 or 1808? Is there some difference in these or are there others I should consider?

I would love to cross sell items with the ability to add cross-sold products to the cart at the same time as the main item as well.

Also, do cross-sold items display below the main product or on the side? Is this configurable?

Does anyone have any screen shots?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Great Contribution!

The only concern I have with this mod is that the We Also Recommend : shows up even when there is no products in the cross sell.

Any help getting rid of it is appreciated

Mike

One other thing:

What is the difference in x-sell type module and Master Products (Contribution 1681)? Can I use both?

Hi Ollolo,

I'm not sure what the difference is between the different x-sell / cross sell contributions. I am currently using x-sell with Master Products and SPPC (and several other contributions) installed. It can be done, but it takes a bit of tweaking to make everything play nice together ;)

Master Products allows for a few different methods of doing basically one thing. Let's say you have a main product, this product then has various child products. They don't classify as "attributes" as they are separate individual products with their own unique model #'s and they may also have their own attributes. Master Products allows you to setup a "Master" product, which may or may not be available for purchase (your choice) and then assign "Slave" products to that Master.

X-sell on the other hand, lets you decide that if a customer is viewing Product A, you can choose to have a box underneath the products description and add-to-cart area that says "We also recommend Product C". It's similar to an upsell concept.

To see both in action browse around at http://www.mountainmeadowherbs.com. The majority of our products have the same name, but are available in more than one size. Each size has it's own unique model #. So we setup a Master Product that is not purchasable that gives you all the info on that particular product. Then the Slave Products are the different sizes available. While browsing around you should occasionally find the X-sell box letting you know that a particular item is available in a package deal, or that we also recommend another item to go along with what you are looking at.

Hopefully that will help you to get the idea as to what these two contributions do :thumbsup:

~Tracy

Great Contribution!

The only concern I have with this mod is that the We Also Recommend : shows up even when there is no products in the cross sell.

Any help getting rid of it is appreciated

Mike

I don't have that happening on my store. I'm not sure what file it may be in - but basically you need to make sure that the call for the text "We Also Reccomend" is within the statement that makes sure there is a product to recommend.

In my product_info.php file I just have this:

//BOF Xsell
  if ( (USE_CACHE == 'true') && !SID) {
echo tep_cache_also_purchased(3600);
 include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_XSELL_PRODUCTS);
  } else {
 include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_XSELL_PRODUCTS);
  include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_ALSO_PURCHASED_PRODUCTS);
}

// EOF Xsell

You may also want to delete all of your cache and then browse through your pages again as something might have gotten stored in cache?

I had to modify my modules/xsell_products.php so that it would work with SPPC, Master Products, Hide Products and Categories from Customer Groups for SPPC, etc... But if you would like to look at it to compare it against your own I will post it for you. :thumbsup:

~Tracy

• 3 weeks later...
Hi There,

I have this contribution working fine on my site for a while now.

Wanted to make some changes:

1. Make the cross Sell products appear in a list format below the product.

2. Currently it only displays 6 items, I need it to display as many as are assigned to the product.

3. Is it possible to display all cross sell items under a tab funtion that I have on my site for Accessories.

Appreciate your help!

Kunal

Any feedback or fix available to correct the limit of 6 products only?

Also cant figure out why product name disapers at times.

Kunal

• 3 months later...

Hi

I installed the lastest version. In the admin when i click on Assign Families i get the following error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ';' in /storage/mijndomein/users/072722/public/sites/www.test.jaluna.nl/admin/assign_families.php on line 97

Anyone an idea?

Thanks

Erik

• 2 months later...

Hi All,

I am using the last version of Cross Sell (X-Sell) Admin. It seems to work decent, I think.

My problem is that my client currently has 11399 items in their database. (We use their accounting software to provide export files to update pricing and alert new items, so the database will only grow bigger) I have a "categories enable/disable" installed and my version of a "manufacturers enable/disable" installed.

I changed the query around line 127 to:

$query = "SELECT 
b.language_id, a.products_id, b.products_name, a.products_model, b.products_description, a.products_quantity, a.products_model, a.products_image, b.products_url, a.products_price 
FROM 
products a, products_description b, manufacturers m WHERE b.products_id = a.products_id AND b.language_id = 1 AND a.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id AND a.products_status = 1 AND m.manufacturers_status = 1 
ORDER BY a.products_id;"; 

but am not sure how to incorporate the "categories enable/disable" in there. (categories_status is in TABLE_CATEGORIES.) I have managed to tie up the server a couple times and knock my client's site offline now so I am leary of my "skills".

I am also looking for help in incorporating paging like on the admin products page.

I thought about it alot and was wondering about relationships and tried the following successfully.

$query = "SELECT 
b.language_id, a.products_id, b.products_name, a.products_model, b.products_description, a.products_quantity, a.products_model, a.products_image, b.products_url, a.products_price 
FROM 
products a, products_description b, manufacturers m, products_to_categories pc, categories c WHERE b.products_id = a.products_id AND b.language_id = 1 AND a.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id AND a.products_status = 1 AND m.manufacturers_status = 1 AND a.products_id = pc.products_id AND pc.categories_id = c.categories_id AND categories_status = 1
ORDER BY a.products_id;"; 

I think I may have actually learned somethink in my grey hair days.

I still need help with pagination. The example I see in Admin product paging seems completely foreign to X_SELL ADMIN to me. Has anyone done any paging for X_SELL ADMIN?

Thankx

Hi,

I have a problem with x-sell: How can I change the maximum number of products shown up in the x-sell window? I have more than 6 products related to one other. I have already tried to increase the maximum number of "Also purchased" in the Admin section under configuration -> maximum values, but it does not work. I have searched for some possibility to increase the number directly in the source code, but without any success, and directly in the database, I do not find that option neither.

Please anybody help me.

Thx

Hi,

I have a problem with x-sell: How can I change the maximum number of products shown up in the x-sell window? I have more than 6 products related to one other. I have already tried to increase the maximum number of "Also purchased" in the Admin section under configuration -> maximum values, but it does not work. I have searched for some possibility to increase the number directly in the source code, but without any success, and directly in the database, I do not find that option neither.

Please anybody help me.

Thx

Good day,

If you installed this contribution (Cross Sell (X-Sell) Admin), you would select Cross Sell in Maximum Values under Configuration and edit the value.

If you installed another contribution (cross Sell or something like that), I am not sure. I looked for their support group(s) to try and redirect you but overlooked them. There are several flavors of Cross Sell with many versions each. Let me know what exactly you downloaded and installed (link please) and I'll look at the code. I suspect it is in the sql query, probably after the word "limit" in catalog/includes/modules/xsell_products.php or something like that. No guarantees, but I'll look for ya.

If you know my new friends, you'll understand why I have the time. Anyways this might just be fun.

• 1 month later...
Good day,

If you installed this contribution (Cross Sell (X-Sell) Admin), you would select Cross Sell in Maximum Values under Configuration and edit the value.

If you installed another contribution (cross Sell or something like that), I am not sure. I looked for their support group(s) to try and redirect you but overlooked them. There are several flavors of Cross Sell with many versions each. Let me know what exactly you downloaded and installed (link please) and I'll look at the code. I suspect it is in the sql query, probably after the word "limit" in catalog/includes/modules/xsell_products.php or something like that. No guarantees, but I'll look for ya.

If you know my new friends, you'll understand why I have the time. Anyways this might just be fun.

Hey,

thank you for your offer! It's been a while, but u probably still have time.

I guess it is this contribution I have installed:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1415

I have found 2 x "limit" in the xsell_products.php, but changing the values didn't have any effects. I post the code:

<?php
/*
$Id: xsell_products.php, v1  2002/09/11
// adapted for Separate Pricing Per Customer v4 2005/02/24

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
<http://www.oscommerce.com>

Copyright © 2002 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/
require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_XSELL_PRODUCTS);

// BOF Separate Pricing Per Customer
if(!tep_session_is_registered('sppc_customer_group_id')) {
$customer_group_id = '0';
} else {
 $customer_group_id = $sppc_customer_group_id;
}

if ($HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id']) {

//Cache
$dircache = DIR_FS_CACHE_XSELL . $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . '/';
$filename = $dircache  . $languages_id . '-' . $customer_group_id . '.php';
$cache = '<?php 
    $info_box_contents = array();
    $info_box_contents[] = array(\'align\' => \'left\', \'text\' => TEXT_XSELL_PRODUCTS);
    new contentBoxHeading($info_box_contents);
    $info_box_contents = array();';
if (file_exists($filename))
{require $filename;}
else
{
//Fin cache

if ($customer_group_id != '0') {
$xsell_query = tep_db_query("select distinct p.products_id, p.products_image, pd.products_name, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(pg.customers_group_price IS NOT NULL, pg.customers_group_price, p.products_price) as products_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_XSELL . " xp, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p LEFT JOIN " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_GROUPS . " pg using(products_id), " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where xp.products_id = '" . $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and xp.xsell_id = p.products_id and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . $languages_id . "' and p.products_status = '1' and pg.customers_group_id = '".$customer_group_id."' order by sort_order asc limit " . MAX_DISPLAY_ALSO_PURCHASED);
} else {
$xsell_query = tep_db_query("select distinct p.products_id, p.products_image, pd.products_name, p.products_tax_class_id, products_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_XSELL . " xp, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where xp.products_id = '" . $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and xp.xsell_id = p.products_id and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . $languages_id . "' and p.products_status = '1' order by sort_order asc limit " . MAX_DISPLAY_ALSO_PURCHASED);
}
// EOF Separate Pricing Per Customer

$num_products_xsell = tep_db_num_rows($xsell_query);
if ($num_products_xsell > 0) {
?>
<!-- xsell_products //-->
<?php
    $info_box_contents[] = array('align' => 'left', 'text' => TEXT_XSELL_PRODUCTS);
    new contentBoxHeading($info_box_contents);

$row = 0;
    $col = 0;
    while ($xsell = tep_db_fetch_array($xsell_query)) {
      $xsell['specials_new_products_price'] = tep_get_products_special_price($xsell['products_id']);

if ($xsell['specials_new_products_price']) {
    $xsell_price =  '<s>' . $currencies->display_price($xsell['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($xsell['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</s><br>';
    $xsell_price .= '<span class="productSpecialPrice">' . $currencies->display_price($xsell['specials_new_products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($xsell['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</span>';
  } else {
    $xsell_price =  $currencies->display_price($xsell['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($xsell['products_tax_class_id']));
  }
      //Cache
   $text = '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $xsell['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $xsell['products_image'], $xsell['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a><br><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $xsell['products_id']) . '">' . $xsell['products_name'] .'</a><br>' . $xsell_price. '<br><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=buy_now&products_id=' . $xsell['products_id'], 'NONSSL') . '">' . tep_image_button('button_buy_now.gif', TEXT_BUY . $xsell['products_name'] . TEXT_NOW) .'</a>';
   //Fin cache
   $info_box_contents[$row][$col] = array('align' => 'center',
                                             'params' => 'class="smallText" width="33%" valign="top"',
                                             'text' => $text) ; //Modifié Cache
      //Cache
      $cache .= '$info_box_contents[' .$row . '][' . $col . '] = array(\'align\' => \'center\',
                                             \'params\' => \'class="smallText" width="33%" valign="top"\',
                                             \'text\' => \'' . str_replace("'", "\'", $text) .'\');';
      //Fin cache	   
   $col ++;
      if ($col > 2) {
        $col = 0;
        $row ++;
      }
    }
new contentBox($info_box_contents);
//Cache
 $cache .= 'new contentBox($info_box_contents); ?>';
 if(!is_dir($dircache)) { mkdir($dircache,0777); }
 $fp = fopen($filename , 'w');
    $fout = fwrite($fp , $cache);
    fclose($fp);
}
//Fin Cache

?>
<!-- xsell_products_eof //-->
<?php
  }
}
?>

Good Evening Boorkhard,

I think we have the same contribution installed (maybe not the same version, but...).

Can you turn your caching OFF? (I found that one of the problems during "debugging" was that I was not seeming changes because of my caching.)

In my set-up 'MAX_DISPLAY_XSELL' is the variable which controls the number of XSELL products. The variable 'MAX_DISPLAY_ALSO_PURCHASED' shown in the codebox is for another contribution. If you hard code a number in place of the variable and are not seeing changes then your caching is part of your problem.

Good Evening Boorkhard,

I think we have the same contribution installed (maybe not the same version, but...).

Can you turn your caching OFF? (I found that one of the problems during "debugging" was that I was not seeming changes because of my caching.)

In my set-up 'MAX_DISPLAY_XSELL' is the variable which controls the number of XSELL products. The variable 'MAX_DISPLAY_ALSO_PURCHASED' shown in the codebox is for another contribution. If you hard code a number in place of the variable and are not seeing changes then your caching is part of your problem.

Hi,

I have turned off caching and I have deleted all cached files in the correspondent directories. I have also tried replacing my variable with yours, and I have also tried enterning an absolute number of total products to be displayed: No changes at all...

Maybe I will completely re-install the contrib. Or do you recommend another one?