• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Sage Pay Server V1.1 Invalid IP address

tigergirl

Hi,

today I had another order not logged in admin using Sage Form so obviously the SSL settings (from previous post) weren't the only issue - I still think one order not being logged in admin is one too many and something which should be resolved.

Decided to try Sage Server. I've added my Fixed IP for the SSL into sage admin test server (didn't bother entering anything for the sub net mask). When I try to order I don't make it to the test payment server, I get the error:

There has been an error processing your credit card

Information received from an Invalid IP address. Please try again and if problems persist, please try another payment method.

In sage admin I get:

INVALID - 4020 : Information received from an Invalid IP address.

I've asked my host to double check the fixed IP address they gave me.

Any ideas why this is happening?

Thanks

I'm feeling lucky today......maybe someone will answer my post!

I do try and answer a simple post when I can just to give something back.

------------------------------------------------

PM me? - I'm not for hire

Don't worry,

I found the correct IP address by pointing the transaction to the showpost URL (remove the space) https: //ukvpstest.protx.com/showpost/viewpost.asp (instead of the test server) and then checking the IP address with Sagepay.

Honestly, you'd think a host would be able to tell you the correct IP their server is on and I did ask them the correct question. Dumb a**es. So it was the Server IP I needed not my ssl fixed IP - yours could be either.

Remember to "Pad Out" the IP with zero's ie 12.456.23.48 would be 012.456.023.048 or sage admin will tell you it's an invalid IP. Never simple, is it?

I'm feeling lucky today......maybe someone will answer my post!

I do try and answer a simple post when I can just to give something back.

------------------------------------------------

PM me? - I'm not for hire

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

One more here with the same issue:

Order not logged in osc, customer charged, then told that card had been declined.

3 times in the last 4 months.

All other orders are fine(about 20 per month), so its pretty random.

Gotta be an answer somewhere - a previous post mentioned that its the $cartid variable that is the issue, and that it can be written out of the module to provide a solution to this problem. Although I have no idea of the implications of doing this.

It seemed to be the issue was that anytime a cartid was returned in the order number the customer was transferred to the wrong page, and was told the transaction failed

Its the last post in this thread on page 2.

If anyone can provide the instructions for not including the $cartid variable in the module(its only 2 pages i think) so I can give it a try and report back here - that would be great. I'd give it a punt myself but i'm not a coder and unbdoutably will totally mess it up.

I'm pretty good with instructions though.

B.

Bryndog, a lone crusader charged with not messing up

Thanks to any an all for your help and advice.