• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Products Specifications

kymation

That means that you have an unescaped apostrophe in your description. Try adding \\\ in front of each one.

Edit: I don't see anything wrong with this page. There must be something, since the tabs work on other sites. Maybe something else is interfering with the script. I would try turning off other Javascripts by removing them from the template_top.php and see if that works.

Regards

Jim

Edited by kymation

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Maybe a variation on the old jQuery Tabs bug? It looks like you haven't installed jQuery Migrate, so that would be my first suggestion.

Regards

Jim

I have notived that and not sure what it is

TYhat said not all show up with it

http://overdunne.ca/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=21

note this link is my test page, origional one is the one I will be launchig with when i am ready to go active. Done my messing around in above posts in the overdunne.ca one linked here. Same error apears on some of the items in store in here as well. the one linked here dose not have the error. so I don't beleave error is relate to the tab issue but who knows

More info besides the theam and a few style sheet mods there is no othe packages loaded. This is the only one I have loaded in so far if that helps. So even with updated to 1.11 v of jQuery (shown above) I am stil havig the same issue. This is a fun one. Whenever I get issue I bring a fun one to the table.

Should ask cisco and ericsson who many bugs I have found for them in my day job :)

move the migrate down one

<script type="text/javascript" src="ext/jquery/jquery-1.11.0.min.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="ext/jquery/ui/jquery-ui-1.8.22.min.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="ext/jquery/jquery-migrate-1.2.1.min.js"></script>

and as Jim says you should actually update

"If you created a new theme using the current Themeroller, then it probably needs the current version of jQuery and jQuery UI to function correctly."

Edited by joli1811
To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.

That means that you have an unescaped apostrophe in your description. Try adding \\\ in front of each one.

Edit: I don't see anything wrong with this page. There must be something, since the tabs work on other sites. Maybe something else is interfering with the script. I would try turning off other Javascripts by removing them from the template_top.php and see if that works.

Regards

Jim

Removed every java script and still same result. Wondering if I should just blow away the test site and re isntall the oscommerce and just add your code. see if that works. ie no templates or anything.

<script type="text/javascript" src="ext/jquery/ui/jquery-ui-1.8.22.min.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="ext/jquery/jquery-migrate-1.2.1.min.js"></script>

"If you created a new theme using the current Themeroller, then it probably needs the current version of jQuery and jQuery UI to function correctly."

um its 1.11 now, it was 1.8 before so I did upgrade in current version stream,

um its 1.11 now, it was 1.8 before so I did upgrade in current version stream,

For fun went to the 2.X version, same issue. GERRRR

Did fresh install in another directlry and it works now. No templates or tweeks for look. So now I will go through all tweeks (not much) and see what happens. Hoping its nothing big. Note I did not add or modify any jquery so runnign defualt 1.8.

Ok so to add fun to this. If I upgrade the /jquery-ui then I get more fun. Tryed 1.9 and the 1.10 versions. This requires replacing the i18n directory. I am using the instructions provided on below site. this is same site I got the template stough from. When I do this upgrade, I have the fun of a site withen a site. Ie in the tab a almsot copy of the site apears. Take out the upgrade and I have broken tabs still. Only way to make tabs work is just go back to stock theam. Neadless to say this is anoying. Upgade it gets worse, don't upgrade and tabs still fail. Don't use theam and the look is gone and wife kills me (her site).

http://multimixer.gr/06/01/2011/how-to-upgrade-your-jquery-ui-version-in-oscommerce/

That's just another jQuery bug. Read back through this thread and look for the jQuery base tag bug -- there's a fix posted for that.

Regards

Jim

That's just another jQuery bug. Read back through this thread and look for the jQuery base tag bug -- there's a fix posted for that.

Regards

Jim

And we have a winner, below is what I did and it now seams to work. I will do some looking. I was actuialy starting to wonder if I should just try opencart as this was getting that anoying.

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="ext/jquery/ui/custom-theme/jquery-ui-1.10.4.custom.min.css" />

<script type="text/javascript" src="ext/jquery/ui/jquery-ui-1.10.4.custom.min.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript">

// fix jQuery base tag bug

$.fn.__tabs = $.fn.tabs;

$.fn.tabs = function (a, b, c, d, e, f) {

var base = location.href.replace(/#.*$/, '');

$('ul>li>a[href^=#]', this).each(function () {

var href = $(this).attr('href');

$(this).attr('href', base + href);

});

$(this).__tabs(a, b, c, d, e, f);

};

</script>

So quick question, looing at a test product I added. I have a big white space on left of the pictures. I realize options can go there but my products will not have may if any options. Wondering if there is a way to fill that area in with stats or somthing as whitespace to me sucks (coder in me there eh). Just thinking and wondering if thats been looked at already

http://luxeoutdoor.ca/product_info.php?products_id=29

Thanks

A brief description maybe, or a list of features? The features code could be pulled out of the tabs section and added in to that space, as could any of the extra tabs. You can pretty much move things around as you want, although this requires a bit of code shifting in this version. I've posted a modular version of this page, but it requires a bit of tweaking to get it to work with a stock store, so I haven't released it.

Regards

Jim

And we have a winner, below is what I did and it now seams to work. I will do some looking. I was actuialy starting to wonder if I should just try opencart as this was getting that anoying.

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="ext/jquery/ui/custom-theme/jquery-ui-1.10.4.custom.min.css" />

<script type="text/javascript" src="ext/jquery/ui/jquery-ui-1.10.4.custom.min.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript">

// fix jQuery base tag bug

$.fn.__tabs = $.fn.tabs;

$.fn.tabs = function (a, b, c, d, e, f) {

var base = location.href.replace(/#.*$/, '');

$('ul>li>a[href^=#]', this).each(function () {

var href = $(this).attr('href');

$(this).attr('href', base + href);

});

$(this).__tabs(a, b, c, d, e, f);

};

</script>

I'm trying to understand this code.

When I just included the migrate javascript library it already works, without it, with the javascript in the footer (as I try to delay loading of javascripts through head.js in the footer) it didn't.

Gonna try loading just the above enclosed tabs fix in the head section as was recommended earlier.

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

FYI no success for me just loading the javascript section, I'm falling back to the inclusion of the migrate library on my site as it does seem to play nice with the other scripts without sideeffects.

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

There are multiple dependencies in the Javascript code. Many bits of code are embedded in the page code, and many of those require jQuery to already be loaded. Check your Javascript console for error messages.

Regards

Jim

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I have this add on install on my site, and I trying to rewrite my whole site with bootstrap 3.0.

While I working on the product_filters.php page, I find out that the CLOSE X on the breadcrmb has the same class close with bootstrap. I trying to find the file under the breadcrmb.php, but don't really see it.

Can some one tell me where to find the close class, and change to other clase? it is always floating to right on my page.

thank you.

ken

• 2 weeks later...

@@kymation

Wow what a challenging install!! This was quite an effort to install on a new 2.3.3.4 site. Lots and lots of forum reading applying each little fix and such... phew~! a brain killa.

Result? Awesome! what a nice product page with tabs!! Still plenty to do setting up the specifications and such... but this is a great add-on package. Thank you!

Jim - I've managed to get this far and sorted out everything except... The ask a question just will not send an email. Has email changed with 2.3.3.4? Does product_info_process.php need an overhaul?

Every other mail function on the site works just fine. I've tried cleaning up product_info_process.php but just can't get mail to go. I get the green success message, but its not sent.

Jim, or anyone, any small possibility you could help me through this last bit?

Here's the product_info_process.php I have at the moment. from package 1.1.11

<?php
/*
$Id: product_info_process.php v1.0 20101215 kymation $
$From: product_info.php 1739 2007-12-20 00:52:16Z hpdl $
$Loc: catalog/includes/modules/ $
osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
http://www.oscommerce.com
Copyright (c) 2010 osCommerce
Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

// Handle the output of the Ask a Question, Review, and Tell a Friend forms
$from_name = '';
$from_email_address = '';
$message = '';
$rating = '';
$review = '';
$to_name = '';
$to_email_address = '';
$customers_full_name = '';
$customers_firstname = '';
$customers_lastname = '';
$email_intro = '';
$email_link = '';
$email_sig = '';
// Used to block spambots
$address = '';
$city = '';
$reviewer_email = '';
$website = '';
if (isset($_GET['action']) && ($_GET['action'] == 'process') && ($_GET['products_id'] > 0) ) {
$products_query_raw = "
 select
 pd.products_name,
 p.products_model
 from
 " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p,
 " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd
 where
	 p.products_id = '" . (int) $_GET['products_id'] . "'
 and pd.products_id = '" . (int) $_GET['products_id'] . "'
 and pd.language_id = '" . (int) $languages_id . "'
";
$products_query = tep_db_query ($products_query_raw);
$products_data = tep_db_fetch_array ($products_query);
$error = false;
if (isset($_GET['tab']) && ($_GET['tab'] != '') ) {
 switch ($_GET['tab']) {
 case '9': // review tab
	 $form_type = 'review';
	 $rating = tep_db_prepare_input ($_POST['rating']);
	 $review = tep_db_prepare_input ($_POST['review']);
	 $reviewer_email = $_POST['reviewer_email'];
	 $website = $_POST['website'];
	 $customers_firstname = $customers_full_name = tep_db_prepare_input ($_POST['customers_firstname']);
	 if ($_POST['customers_lastname'] != '') {
	 $customers_lastname = ' ' . tep_db_prepare_input ($_POST['customers_lastname']);
	 $customers_full_name = $customers_firstname . ' ' . $customers_lastname;
	 }
	 $error = false;
	 if (strlen ($review) < REVIEW_TEXT_MIN_LENGTH) {
	 $error = true;
	 $messageStack->add_session ('review', JS_REVIEW_TEXT);
	 }
	 if (($rating < 1) || ($rating > 5)) {
	 $error = true;
	 $messageStack->add_session ('review', JS_REVIEW_RATING);
	 }
	 if ($error == false) {
	 if( isset( $reviewer_email ) && $reviewer_email == '' && isset( $website ) && $website == '' && $customers_firstname != '' ) {
		 $ipaddress = tep_get_ip_address();
		 if (tep_session_is_registered ('customer_id') ) {
		 tep_db_query ("
			 insert into
			 " . TABLE_REVIEWS . " (
				 products_id,
				 customers_id,
				 customers_name,
				 reviews_rating,
				 date_added,
				 approved,
				 ipaddress
			 )
			 values (
				 '" . (int)$_GET['products_id'] . "',
				 '" . (int) $customer_id . "',
				 '" . $customers_full_name . "',
				 '" . tep_db_input ($rating) . "',
				 now(),
				 '0',
				 '" . $ipaddress . "'
			 )
		 ");
		 } else {
		 tep_db_query ("
			 insert into
			 " . TABLE_REVIEWS . " (
				 products_id,
				 customers_name,
				 reviews_rating,
				 date_added,
				 approved,
				 ipaddress
			 ) values (
				 '" . (int)$_GET['products_id'] . "',
				 '" . $customers_full_name . "',
				 '" . tep_db_input ($rating) . "',
				 now(),
				 '0',
				 '" . $ipaddress . "'
			 )
		 ");
		 }
		 $insert_id = tep_db_insert_id();
		 tep_db_query ("insert into " . TABLE_REVIEWS_DESCRIPTION . " (reviews_id, languages_id, reviews_text) values ('" . (int)$insert_id . "', '" . (int)$languages_id . "', '" . tep_db_input($review) . "')");
		 // Send an email to the owner when a review is pending
		 $email_content = EMAIL_TEXT_REVIEW_APPROVAL . 'http://www307.pair.com/adssinc/samples/adss/reviews.php' . "\n\n" .
						 EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n" .
						 EMAIL_TEXT_PRODUCT . $product_info['products_name'] . "\n" .
						 EMAIL_TEXT_CUSTOMERS_NAME . $customers_full_name . "\n" .
						 EMAIL_TEXT_CUSTOMERS_REVIEW . "\n" . $review . "\n" .
						 EMAIL_TEXT_CUSTOMERS_RATING . $rating . "\n" .
						 EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n";
		 tep_mail (STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS, EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT, $email_content, STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);
	 }
	 tep_redirect (tep_href_link (FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, tep_get_all_get_params (array ('action', 'tab') ) . 'tab=' . $form_type . '&action=success') );
	 }
	 break;
 case '11': // friend tab
	 $form_type = 'friend';
	 $from_name = tep_db_prepare_input ($_POST['from_name']);
	 $from_email_address = tep_db_prepare_input ($_POST['from_email_address']);
	 $to_name = tep_db_prepare_input ($_POST['to_name']);
	 $to_email_address = tep_db_prepare_input ($_POST['to_email_address']);
	 $email_subject = sprintf (TEXT_FRIEND_EMAIL_SUBJECT, $from_name, $products_data['products_name']);
	 $email_link = sprintf (TEXT_ASK_EMAIL_LINK, tep_href_link (FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $_GETS['products_id']) ) . "\n\n";
	 $email_sig = sprintf (TEXT_FRIEND_EMAIL_SIGNATURE, $from_name) . "\n";
	 $message_success = sprintf (TEXT_FRIEND_EMAIL_SUCCESSFUL_SENT, $to_name);
	 if (empty ($from_name) ) {
	 $error = true;
	 $messageStack->add_session ($form_type, ERROR_FROM_NAME);
	 }
	 if (!tep_validate_email ($from_email_address)) {
	 $error = true;
	 $messageStack->add_session ($form_type, ERROR_FROM_ADDRESS);
	 }
	 if (empty ($to_name) ) {
	 $error = true;
	 $messageStack->add_session ($form_type, ERROR_TO_NAME);
	 }
	 if (!tep_validate_email ($to_email_address)) {
	 $error = true;
	 $messageStack->add_session ($form_type, ERROR_TO_ADDRESS);
	 }
	 if ($error == false) {
	 $message = tep_db_prepare_input ($_POST['message']) . "\n\n";
	 $email_body = $email_intro . $message . $email_link . $email_sig . "\n\n";
	 tep_mail ($to_name, $to_email_address, $email_subject, $email_body, $from_name, $from_email_address);
	 $messageStack->add_session ($form_type, $message_success, 'success');
	 tep_redirect (tep_href_link (FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, tep_get_all_get_params (array ('action', 'tab') ) . 'tab=' . $form_type) );
	 } // if ($error == false)
	 break;
 case '10': // ask tab
 default:
	 $form_type = 'ask'; // Default Ask a Question form
	 $to_name = STORE_OWNER;
	 $to_email_address = STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS;
	 $from_name = tep_db_prepare_input ($_POST['from_name']);
	 $from_email_address = tep_db_prepare_input ($_POST['from_email_address']);
//		 $from_state = tep_db_prepare_input ($_POST['from_state']);
//		 $from_company = tep_db_prepare_input ($_POST['from_company']);
//		 $from_phone = tep_db_prepare_input ($_POST['from_phone']);
//		 $from_extension = tep_db_prepare_input ($_POST['from_extension']);
	 $email_subject = sprintf (TEXT_ASK_EMAIL_SUBJECT, $from_name);
	 $email_intro = sprintf (TEXT_ASK_EMAIL_INTRO, $products_data['products_name'], $products_data['products_model']) . "\n\n";
	 $email_customer = TEXT_ASK_EMAIL_FROM . $from_name . "\n" . $from_email_address . "\n\n";
//		 $email_customer = TEXT_ASK_EMAIL_FROM . $from_name . "\n" . $from_company . "\n" . $from_state . "\n" . $from_email_address . "\n" . $from_phone . "\n\n";
	 $email_link = "\n\n" . sprintf (TEXT_ASK_EMAIL_LINK, tep_href_link (FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . (int) $_GET['products_id']) ) . "\n\n\n";
	 $email_sig = sprintf (TEXT_ASK_EMAIL_SIGNATURE, STORE_NAME . "\n" . HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . "\n");
	 $message_success = sprintf (TEXT_ASK_EMAIL_SUCCESSFUL_SENT, $products_data['products_name']);
	 if (empty ($from_name) ) {
	 $error = true;
	 $messageStack->add_session ($form_type, ERROR_FROM_NAME);
	 }
	 if (!tep_validate_email ($from_email_address)) {
	 $error = true;
	 $messageStack->add_session ($form_type, ERROR_FROM_ADDRESS);
	 }
//		 if (empty ($from_state) ) {
//		 $error = true;
//		 $messageStack->add_session ($form_type, ERROR_FROM_STATE);
//		 }
	 if (empty ($to_name) ) {
	 $error = true;
	 $messageStack->add_session ($form_type, ERROR_TO_NAME);
	 }
	 if (!tep_validate_email ($to_email_address)) {
	 $error = true;
	 $messageStack->add_session ($form_type, ERROR_TO_ADDRESS);
	 }
	 if ($error == false) {
	 $message = tep_db_prepare_input ($_POST['message']) . "\n\n";
	 $email_body = $email_intro . $email_customer . $message . $email_link . $email_sig . "\n\n";

// Spambot trap: If the hidden fields exist and are null, send normally, otherwise fail silently.
	 if (isset($_POST['city']) &&
		 $_POST['city'] == '' &&
		 isset($_POST['address']) &&
		 $_POST['address'] == '')
 {
		 tep_mail($to_name, $to_email_address, $email_subject, $email_body, $from_name, $from_email_address);
	 } //End spambot trap
	 $messageStack->add_session ($form_type, $message_success, 'success');
	 tep_redirect (tep_href_link (FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, tep_get_all_get_params (array ('action', 'tab') ) . 'tab=' . $form_type) );
	 } // if ($error == false)
	 break;
 } // switch ($_GET['tab']
} // if (isset($_GET['tab']
} elseif (tep_session_is_registered ('customer_id') ) {
$account_query = tep_db_query ("select customers_firstname,
									 customers_lastname,
									 customers_email_address
							 from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS . "
							 where customers_id = '" . (int) $customer_id . "'
							 ");
$account = tep_db_fetch_array($account_query);
$from_name = tep_db_input ($customer['customers_firstname']) . ' ' . tep_db_input ($customer['customers_lastname']);
$from_email_address = $account['customers_email_address'];
}
?>

-Dave

Doh! - just when I thought I was good to go... Testing the add a Reviews...

1054 - Unknown column 'approved' in 'field list'
insert into reviews ( products_id, customers_name, reviews_rating, date_added, approved, ipaddress ) values ( '29', 'David', '5', now(), '0', '209.xxx.xxx.xxx' )

Something missing from the SQL?

In Admin -> catalog -> Reviews I have a status column with red/green buttons. but nothing regarding 'approved'

Thanks for the help.

dave

-Dave

Doh! - just when I thought I was good to go... Testing the add a Reviews...

1054 - Unknown column 'approved' in 'field list'
insert into reviews ( products_id, customers_name, reviews_rating, date_added, approved, ipaddress ) values ( '29', 'David', '5', now(), '0', '209.xxx.xxx.xxx' )

Something missing from the SQL?

In Admin -> catalog -> Reviews I have a status column with red/green buttons. but nothing regarding 'approved'

Thanks for the help.

dave

If you don't have review approvals, then just remove the 'approved, ' from the field list, and the '0,' from the list of values

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

If you don't have review approvals, then just remove the 'approved, ' from the field list, and the '0,' from the list of values

@@bruyndoncx

Thanks for the assistance.

I simply changed both instances of 'approved' to 'reviews_status' and left the default at 0. Works perfectly!

Also had to add to the database

ALTER TABLE `reviews` ADD `ipaddress` VARCHAR(15) NOT NULL;

Interesting - is I do get the email saying their is a review needing review status approval (sent from within product_info_process.php), but the Ask question does not send from within the same file....

-Dave

This code was all developed on a heavily modified store. I haven't had the time to clean it up and put it on a stock copy of osComemrce. Unfortunately that means that you can expect some bugs from unrelated mods that I just missed.

I don't see anything wrong with the Ask a Question code. You can try commenting out the spambot trap and just leave the tep_mail() line in place. If that's not it, I'll have to take another look at the code.

Regards

Jim

I don't see anything wrong with the Ask a Question code. You can try commenting out the spambot trap and just leave the tep_mail() line in place. If that's not it, I'll have to take another look at the code.

Regards

Jim

As usual your spot on. Removed the spambot trap and all is well.

Jim thanks for the awesome modules and support! seriously their is a lot of stuff you maintain. My brain would implode. :)

-Dave

That was only a debugging step, not a final solution. You will have a lot more spam if you leave the spambot trap disabled. If that's OK with you, fine, otherwise you have to find out why it was failing. It works everywhere I have tried it, so I can't just give you a solution.

Some days I think my brain is about to explode. There just are not enough hours in the day to do everything I would like to do, so I just do what I can.

Regards

Jim

Jim

The spambot trap issue was basically that the other half of the code edits were not present...

$city = $_POST['city'];
$address = $_POST['address'];

were missing from the product_info_process, and the hidden fields were missing from the ask_a_question file

<td class="formField"><?php echo tep_draw_hidden_field( 'city', '' ); ?></td>
	 <td class="formField"><?php echo tep_draw_input_field( 'address', '', 'style="display: none;"' ); ?> </td>

added that and all seems well. If any of the above is incorrect please let me know.

Hope that helps others.

Dave

-Dave