• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Products Specifications

kymation

The bullets are what jQuery converts to tabs. It appears that all of your tabs are empty. I've never seen that before. I would start by checking all of the changes to admin/categories.php and the admin/includes/languages files. And admin/includes/modules/products_tabs.php as well. There has to be something missing somewhere.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Sorry, but I don't have the time to fix everyone's files. You'll just have to find the errors yourself. I suggest that you use a comparison program (Meld, etc.) and compare your files to the ones in the PS package.

Regards

Jim

Filters are not a property of the product. The only thing that should be duplicated is the Product Specifications that apply to that product. I have had reports of a bug in the copy feature with the Product Specifications, but I haven't had a chance to check it out.

Regards

Jim

Thanks Jim. I'll be waiting for your posting about the bug in the copy feature. Are you part of Support Forum Sponsorships service?

I was trying to subscribe to the Community Sponsorship but there is a problem with the currency. There is an option to change currency but doesn't keep the selection once you step in the next page.

Any suggestion ?

Regards,

Paul

Edited by dvale

• 3 weeks later...

hello i install the product specification addon on my site and i i am testing it! i have a problem only with the filters value description names it do not display the words in greek! instead it shows "?????" the problem is only in this section everywhere else the Greeks are fine.

I check the sql table it is utf_general_ci as everywhere else.

Any idea

Lazaros

regards

Lazaros

hi kymation, first of all wanted to thank you for a brilliant contribution. This really helps me with what im trying to add to my website at the moment, so thank you once again.

I had a quick question relating to the filters, I am trying to apply some styling to the values for each filter and when checking through Firefox Web Developer the style for the value is showing as:

<span class="no_results">
  Gloss
   </span><br></br>

but for the life of me I cant seem to find where I can change the span to a div as would like to apply a bottom border under each selection. Not sure if this the correct way, but any help would be really useful.

I have found the label and filtertable tags in bm_products_filter.php but cant seem to workout how to fix the above.

Thanks in advance

Use Firebug instead of the crappy Developer in Firefox. It will show you the location of the HTML and the CSS that applies to that line. Most of the HTML is in the includes/functions/products_specifications.php under whichever function is being used.

That said, I would leave the spans alone and just apply block mode in the CSS if that's what you need. The result will be the same.

The no_results class was intended to show filters when there are no products that would be shown by that filter. It's usually grayed out and disabled. You'll need something more general if you want to add styling to all filter elements.

Regards

Jim

Hello.

I just need to know if is me with the issue that the filter specifications are not duplicating as the rest of the data when duplicate a product in the admin. I'm being trying to turn this in the right way but my lack of time is not helping.

Does anybody have this problem? I really would like to know how to fix it.

Regards,

Paul

Full credit to Henry Withoot for fixing this bug.

admin/categories.php

Find :

'" . (int) $specifications['specification_description_id'] . "',

Replace for:

'" . (int)$specifications['specifications_id'] . "',

Thank you Henry Withoot for you help on this one.

Regards,

Paul

Full credit to Henry Withoot for fixing this bug.

admin/categories.php

Find :

'" . (int) $specifications['specification_description_id'] . "',

Replace for:

'" . (int)$specifications['specifications_id'] . "',

Thank you Henry Withoot for you help on this one.

Regards,

Paul

Thank you - great find & fix !

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

hello i install the product specification addon on my site and i i am testing it! i have a problem only with the filters value description names it do not display the words in greek! instead it shows "?????" the problem is only in this section everywhere else the Greeks are fine.

I check the sql table it is utf_general_ci as everywhere else.

Any idea

Lazaros

Hello again Jim

But could you please point me the fix of this problem?

if there is of course a fix!! It's very important for my shop!

The problem is with all letters in Greek not only with"&"

Thanks in advance

Lazaros

regards

Lazaros

You have something wrong with your encoding. Encoding needs to be UTF-8 everywhere. It is likely that your language pack is encoded in iso-8859-1. Look in your catalog/includes/languages/greek.php (or whatever your main language file is called) around line 50. If it looks like this:

define('CHARSET', 'iso-8859-1');

then change it to

define('CHARSET', 'utf-8');

You should also check all of the tables in your database. If the collation of any field is one of the latin1 types, change it to utf8_unicode_ci.

Regards

Jim

Hello again I chek it again and all tables are utf8_unicodi_si also the Greek.php is set to utf-8!

As I said everywhere else(values,specifications name, group names) the Greek letters are fine only at the filter section names the problem remain!

I find your contribution the most useful for my kind of product (toys shop) but I can't use it 100% because of this problem!

Also I think that if you have time it will be great if you could make something to easy export/import the specifications for each product!!

Something like the easy populate or compined with easy populate!

At my store I have 5000 products and specifications is a MUST HAVE for me. Now I have to edit every products one by one !

I will need a year at least to complete! I install the contribution extra fields witch the fields can export via the easy populate and I store the specifications values there (field of gender, field of age, field of brandname....) so I connect the specification values to that table field but this way have not all the advantages of your contribution. Like the images filters and other!

If you like please write your opinion or a solution to the encoding problem!

After all

Great job

Lazaros

regards

Lazaros

Hi kymation, sorry to trouble again. I seem to be having a few issues, read my post earlier, but it doesnt make sense, so i thot id explain my issues clearly.

I have managed to install the module and have added my required filters but for some reason when I activate more than one specification, the page shows the filters but overlapping each other and the 2nd specification title shows up twice. At the same time the footer shows up in the middle of my products rather than at the bottom. (at present i am only showing 1 filter)

These issues are displayed at the following: http://s116169771.websitehome.co.uk/rnd/index.php?cPath=22'>http://s116169771.websitehome.co.uk/rnd/index.php?cPath=22

The other issue is within the homepage. Whenever I activate a filter, the homepage than shows a filter products box at the bottom and I would like to hide this but not sure how. I checked the User Manual and page 17 shows the product specifications image where you have a show filters box so im not sure if this is the option, but when I look within my admin > configuration > products specification than this option is not there.

Homepage: http://s116169771.websitehome.co.uk/rnd/

The version I have downloaded is 1.1 but not sure if there is an update after that.

Sorry once again for troubling, any advice would be really appreciated. Thanks

For your first problem, your main menu contains a bunch of invalid HTML that is messing up the page display. Fix that first and then check for any other errors.

For your second error, I answered this in my previous post. Please read that answer. Also, there should be a selection labeled Show Filters Module in the configuration menu. This will turn the Filters module off everywhere, not just on the front page, so it's probably not what you want.

The latest version of this Addon is 1.1.12. Please use that version only as it has fixes for a number of bugs that affect the filters.

Regards

Jim

Healthy question about the problem with the filters special characters.

Why not load the filter results by id instead of using the text content or name of filters and values ????

Why make all that code to sanitize ^%$#@#Q ................ if just tell spec1_id=4&spec7_id=56 etc etc ??

If have 5 products containing spec1_id=4 and spec7_id=56 ... show them after can filter for other specX_id=XX

// Decode the URL-encoded names, including arrays
  $$var = tep_decode_recursive ($_GET[$var]);
  // Sanitize variables to prevent hacking
  $$var = tep_clean_get__recursive ($$var);

Regards,

Paul