• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Products Specifications

kymation

@@kymation I don't know why but for some reason I can't enable the product filters from this addon It doesn't work.

I have the following settings in my product specifications (product filters section):

Products Filters --> Subhead

Show Filters Module --> True

Filters Module Frame Style --> Simple

Filter Subcategories --> True

Filter No Result --> grey

Filter Show Breadcrumb --> True

Filter Image Width --> 20

Filter Image Height --> 20

Get All Image --> get_all.gif

Products Feeders --> Subhead

When I go to the site in the product listing page nothing changed.

Any suggestions?

Edited by al3ks

Find this post helpful? Click the 'Like this' button. :)

Do you have any filters set up? Are there any products with specifications that would show a filter?

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

• 2 weeks later...

@@kymation

Hi, trying to install using the package v1.1.11 (contribution #8096) on osc2.3.1,

I either missed something big somewhere or there is a bug in the packaged categories.php,

please tell me what you think is more likely...

This is a screenshot of the output given by the categories.php provided in your package, as-is, no edits.

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/5479/osc231prodspecs1111.jpg

This is a screenshot of the output given by the merged categories.php with my previously existing code (includes a couple of contributions, and my own customizations..)

http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/9674/osc231prodspecs1111afte.jpg

This is a screenshot of the categories.php 'before' adding Products Specifications 1.1.11

http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/4295/osc231prodspecs1111befo.jpg

all three are from visiting: /catalog/admin/categories.php?cPath=&action=new_product

I *hope* the error was in my application of the contribution.

I'm giving the snapshots in hopes that the output reminds you, or someone else, of something similar...

Things look good on the product_info.php side (or, well, almost good... I need to customize it to my liking..)

It looks like you have an error in your installation in admin/categories.php. Check the code changes in the area of the description box.

In your admin configuration area, check that the Frame Style is still set to Tabs. I won't guarantee that the other setting still works, as nobody seems to be using it. Did you run the SQL that creates this area?

Just for reference, the product page specifications area should look something like this: http://www.kymation.com/pub/specifications_admin.jpg (That's from a live store that has many other changes, so the appearance will be similar but not exactly the same.)

Regards

Jim

In your admin configuration area, check that the Frame Style is still set to Tabs. I won't guarantee that the other setting still works, as nobody seems to be using it. Did you run the SQL that creates this area?

Aha!

That was something I changed when I just finished installing it ;)

(Also, something else: I've been used to the usual behavior of clicking-waiting-clicking on the line to 'enter' something in other areas, and this having to click the folder was new to me... lol)

Cheers,

Now I have to go find a Documents manager for 2.3.1... hmm

Document Manager will have to be converted from the 2.2 version. Fortunately this isn't hard.

Regards

Jim

IS it just me or the product_reviews.php - in modules is not compatable with multi languages????

(TAB section corresponding to reviews)

can anyone confirm this?

working fine in english but not on any other.

Edited by gfasal

It's supposed to be multi-language. The code was taken from the stock osC reviews page which is multi-language. Of course there may be something broken that I don't know about.

Regards

JIm

IS it just me or the product_reviews.php - in modules is not compatable with multi languages????

(TAB section corresponding to reviews)

can anyone confirm this?

working fine in english but not on any other.

FIXED! -

• 4 weeks later...

Nice contrib and exactly what i need! thx.

I downloaded the Version 1.0.2 from the Contribution site for oscommerce 2.2... but it seems some files in the package are for 2.3.1 like the modules/comparision.php .. they use a table TABLE_PRODUCTS_IMAGES that doesn´t exist in 2.2 ...

can anyone sent me the last working version for oscommerce 2.2 ?

Thank you

That's actually code from the More Pics addon. Just get the two files that shows up in from version 1.0.1. The rest of the files should work.

Regards

Jim

I have a problem with PHP5.3.

In admin/products_specification.php I get this error:

Deprecated: Function ereg_replace() is deprecated in XXX\admin\products_specifications.php on line 1442

I tried to fix that by changing ereg_replace to preg_recplace, but then I get this error instead:

Warning: preg_replace() [<a href='function.preg-replace'>function.preg-replace</a>]: No ending delimiter '_' found in XXX\admin\products_specifications.php on line 1442

Anyone have a good quick-fix?

Use the code from the 2.3.1 version of osCommerce. That part of the code is the same, just updated for PHP 5.3.

Regards

Jim

Use the code from the 2.3.1 version of osCommerce. That part of the code is the same, just updated for PHP 5.3.

Regards

Jim

Hi Jim,

Im using the Products Specification for OSC 2.3.1 at the moment, so the code is from "Products Specification Ver. 1.1.11"

Or did you ment I should find the code somewhere else outside the Products Specification addon?

I thought I got all of those in the latest release. Sorry, my mistake. That should not have been a regex in the first place. Try replacing this line:

$title_string = ereg_replace ('_', ' ', $row['Field']);

with this

$title_string = str_replace ('_', ' ', $row['Field']);

Regards

Jim

@@kymation

Hi jim!

First of all, thank you SOOOO much for your hard work that you put into this contribution!! Your awsome! :D

Now, I have a question for you thou. I installed the contribution, and I can't make the filter have sub-categories, I read the entire manual, and it don't say how to make sub categories of filters. :( (or maybe I misread)

What I mean, is that I am trying to open an auto parts store, and I need to filter the parts by "MAKE OF THE VEHICLE, MODEL OF THE VEHICLE, YEAR and SUBMODEL." So if I pick "Acura" for exemple, then the next drop down should have vehicle models ONLY from acura.

Can I do that with this contribution?? If anyone knows, please let me know... Any information would help!

Thanks! :D

This works by default. If the first filter you pick selects parts for an Acura, then all subsequent filters will return only parts for an Acura (Plus the result of the subsequent filter, of course.)

Regards

Jim

@@kymation

Oh ok! I think I understand how to make it work! Thank you Jim!

BTW, I am getting this error at the top when I am creating a specification inside of a group in filters. It doesn't seem to have any effect on the filtering, but maybe it does, I dun know. Anyone else getting this error message??

( ! ) Deprecated: Function ereg_replace() is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\admin\products_specifications.php on line 1442 Call Stack # Time Memory Function Location 1 0.0199 2461296 {main}( ) ..\products_specifications.php:0

( ! ) Deprecated: Function ereg_replace() is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\admin\products_specifications.php on line 1442 Call Stack # Time Memory Function Location 1 0.0199 2461296 {main}( ) ..\products_specifications.php:0

Yes, I missed that one when I made the PHP 5.3 updates. Read up this page a bit for the fix.

Regards

Jim

Hello,

I installed this add on a few days ago and am having a few problems with it, I know these are due to some mistake that I have made but I just cant figure it out. On product_info.php I cant get the tabs to work properly. I have included a link to my site:

http://idesignni.com/nineteen83/product_info.php?cPath=2_16&products_id=7

If someone could point me in the right direction or let me know know what I have done wrong, I would be extremely greatful. :D

You have an error in your code, right at the beginning of the description tab's content. You have error reporting turned off, so I can't see the error, but it's halting page output at that point. Check your PHP error log or turn on all errors in application_top.php and read the error message.

If I had to guess, I would say a missing includes/functions/clean_code.php.

Regards

Jim