• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Products Specifications

kymation

tep_draw_button() is part of osCommerce 2.3.1. It's in catalog/includes/functions/html_output.php and admin/includes/functions/html_output.php. That function being missing is a good sign that the store is not osCommerce 2.3.1. It could also mean that one or both of the above files has been replaced by a 2.2x version of that file, or that the function was somehow removed.

You downloaded what from the link I gave? Product Specifications? If you did, you got the 2.2x version. The one for 2.3.1 is here.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Ok, thanks I downloaded the Products Specifications 1.1.11 and it works, at first in admin panel looks all great and I made a test product but that's how it looks on the site:

post-309620-0-37736700-1332200809_thumb.jpg

Any ideas what happened?

Anyway thanks for the help so far :)

Find this post helpful? Click the 'Like this' button. :)

Log into your Admin. Click on Configuration and then Products Specifications. Find Show Documents Tab, set it to false and save.

Read the instructions before you change the options in the control panel. Some of them require other changes to work.

Regards

Jim

@@kymation

I will try to show better what i mean.

Please see: http://tinypic.com/r/14spr4k/5

Picture 1 is my shop.

On this page I don´t get the "Filter box" to show. I have checked so the specification is linked to this catagery and it was it.

So I got the "Filter box" on all other pages but not on the same page that the products is listed.

Picture 2 is a shop i found in this thread.

And he/she have the "Filter box" on the same page that the products is listed.

So my question is, What can be wrong since I don´t get the filter box on the same page as the products is listed??

Thank you in advance.

Log into your Admin, then click on Configuration, then Product Specifications. Check that Show Filters Module and Filter Subcategories are both set to True.

Regards

Jim

Log into your Admin, then click on Configuration, then Product Specifications. Check that Show Filters Module and Filter Subcategories are both set to True.

Regards

Jim

I have both "Show filter Module" and "Filter subcategories" set to enable.

But it´s the same problem :/

Thank you for helping me

Best regards

Christian

Then is should work. I have no idea what else could be wrong. You'll have to debug it yourself. There's only so much I can do from here.

Regards

Jim

find someone with the right skills to help you.

this one does work very well, and Jim is very helpfull.

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

How make CKeditor work after Product Specifications installed, i got CKeditor installed before Installation of Product Descriptions but after finish the Installation the CK editor in product description dissapear.

Thanks for you Help

For older versions, you'll need to merge your changes with those in the new file. I recommend using a comparison program to find the changes and copy them over. As an alternative, just follow the installation instructions in the ckeditor Addon to modify admin/categories.php.

Regards

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I installed product specification in 2.3.1 , all is work fine,

but I'd like to have all the drop down (in product specificationbox, in left column) at the same width (150px) , what I have to set? something in Stylesheet??

Thanks in advance for your help and sorry for my English

CSS should work, although I would test this in the major browsers first. In catalog/includes/functions/products_specifications change this code from:

$box_text .= tep_draw_pull_down_menu ($filter_name, $filters_select_array, $filter_value, 'onChange="this.form.submit();"');

to this:

$box_text .= tep_draw_pull_down_menu ($filter_name, $filters_select_array, $filter_value, style="width:150px" onChange="this.form.submit();"');

Change that 150 if needed to make the whole thing fit.

Regards

Jim

Urgently need some help!

I have backuped and restored my oScommerce site with this plugin installed and also backed up and restored the database.

But if I go to store I get thsi message:

post-309620-0-77271600-1333828064_thumb.png

when I click Ok it shows me the store (This only shows on index)

How can I solve this, I have the database restored though, Please help!

Urgently need some help!

I have backuped and restored my oScommerce site with this plugin installed and also backed up and restored the database.

But if I go to store I get thsi message:

post-309620-0-77271600-1333828064_thumb.png

when I click Ok it shows me the store (This only shows on index)

How can I solve this, I have the database restored though, Please help!

I feel real stupid, but I'm going to ask ... is this file missing from 1.11, 1.10, 1.00 or am I blind? I checked 1.10 and 1.00 as could not find in 1.11? Is it needed or is it a typo in spec? please advise. Many Thanks

catalog/includes/boxes/products_filter.php

It's missing because that file is only used in osCommerce 2.2x and Product Specifications versions 1.1 and up are for osC 2.3.1. The file is now catalog/includes/modules/boxes/products_filter.php.

Regards

Jim