• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Products Specifications

kymation

Also the 5-10 category is not showing, and there are lengths in that category. I'm quite puzzled by this.This is a commonly used MySQL function and is normally quite reliable.

I don't have a test setup that I can try this on right now. I'll try to get something set up and test it out.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Kymation,

I have been running the product specification addon with some success, however for some reason, when setting up a price filter, the ranges are not being populated with products. The filter ranges are showing as greyed out. If i set the filter to pull other numeric data from fields such as products quantity etc, these filter values are populated, but when changing back to products_price they become greyed out.

This wouldn't be something to do with an error when comparing files, however I cannot pin down wherre the error could be originating, whether it is a database error or a conflict with another contribution.

Have you seen this before?

regards

Andy

No, the Price filter works for me. Have you added anything that changes the Price or Sale Price data or the way it is used? Check the price fields in your database -- are the prices stored as decimal?

Regards

Jim

Thanks for the quick response.

The products_price column in the products table shows values with 4 decimal places. Not that I can remember but I am fairly sure I have not added anything to change the price data. Is there any way I would know whether the column has been adjusted?

Basically when I pull other data from the same table, ie products weight etc, this populates the same filters no problem. If I add 4 decimals to the filter range values, there is no change. I am at a loss to see how this could come about. Obviously this is something to do with a change in the database because I had it running on a test server with out any mods.

regards

Andrew

Sorry, I can't think of anything else. It has to be some difference between your test server and the current one, but I can't think of anything to suggest you look for.

Regards

Jim

You can use Final Price -- that's the specials price or the regular price if there's no special. If that doesn't work, I can't see how the Specials price alone would work.

Regards

Jim

• 4 weeks later...

After upgrading to Products Specifications 1.0.2 I got the following error on the product page and only the 1st tab DESCRIPTION with the error showing up right after.

1054 - Unknown column 'xp.xsell_id' in 'field list'

select count(xp.xsell_id) as total from products_specifications xp, products p where xp.products_id = '26' and xp.xsell_id = p.products_id and p.products_status = '1'

So I tried installing Products Specifications 1.0.2 over a fresh install of oscommerce 2.2rc2a and I still got the same error.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Edited by FaustinoEdrlin

This version of Products Specifications uses the Xsell code to populate the Accessories tab. You need to install the Xsell (Cross Sell) Addon to use this. If you don't want that tab, comment out lines 101-112 in includes/modules/products_tabs.php and turn off the Accessories tab in the admin settings.

I probably should put in a test for this condition.

Regards

Jim

This version of Products Specifications uses the Xsell code to populate the Accessories tab. You need to install the Xsell (Cross Sell) Addon to use this. If you don't want that tab, comment out lines 101-112 in includes/modules/products_tabs.php and turn off the Accessories tab in the admin settings.

I probably should put in a test for this condition.

Regards

Jim

I searched for Xsell (Cross Sell) and found several contributions can you please post a link to the correct one to use with this version of Products Specifications.

Thank you.

Edited by FaustinoEdrlin

It's this one. I see that the Xsell addon has been updated several times since the release of Products Specifications. This shouldn't have any effect on the install, but there may be minor differences.

Regards

Jim

• 3 weeks later...

Ive tried installing this today on multiple fresh copies of osc by overwriting all the files given and pop the code in phpmyadmin. It comes up with a error when trying to go to the catalog then which says;

Fatal error: Call to undefined function tep_draw_button() in /cart/includes/header.php on line 23

Ive tried looking through the forum and failed at finding anything to help

Thanks for the suggestion of this app. It sounds like a good one once i get it installed properly

tep_draw_button() is not used by Products Specifications, but it is used in osCommerce 2.3.1. Products Specifications was designed for osCommerce 2.2RC2a, so you can't just drop the files into 2.3.1. You'll need to use a comparison program to patch your files.

Regards

Jim

hi guys,

atm the contrib is in and working well, however on the specs tab all the specifications are listed, however the are not broken up by group.

can anybody sugest how this can be done.

if you would like a url to see what i am on about pm me.

kind regards

sim

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

I installed a fresh copy of osCommerce 2.2rc2a and Product Specifications 1.0.2 and I have some problems:

-I can't delete the existing categories

- if I add a subcategory it will be placed in the root and not in the category that I want.

Please tell me how can I solve these problems.

Best Regards,

Mihai

You have made a mistake in your edits, probably in the top part of admin/categories.php. Check your edits carefully and compare to the copy in the distribution.

Regards

Jim

Thank you Jim for the response.

I used a new installation of osCommerce, I did't edit any file

I also checked the files (installation and original) and they are identical.

Edited by dobreraj

I don't understand why this would happen. Did you test your install of 2.2RC2a before you added Product Specifications? If not, put the stock files back up and try the same actions again.

Regards

Jim

Look in your PHP error logs for errors in this page. If you don't know where the logs are, ask your host. Also, turn on error reporting in admin/includes/application_top.php by chnaging this line:

error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE);

to this:

error_reporting(E_ALL);

Regards

Jim