• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Products Specifications

kymation

I have extended the filter functions to keep the manufacturers id, but that is all I did, nothing for bestsellers (not supportd in my setup), while price ranges kick in in the filters upon the initial selection.

In my setup, I only allow filters when the customer has already selected a category or manufacturer, to narrow the results, the initial selection is the old fashioned way.

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

• 2 months later...

I've uploaded a new version to the usual location. It will be available as soon as a moderator approves it.

Most of the bugs are fixed in this version, and two new tabs were added to the optional Product Info page. There are still features to be added, but I ran out of time to do anything more. I think it's better to release something that's not perfect rather than release nothing at all. So here it is. Thanks to everyone who reported bugs and offered code.

Requests for installation support should be posted here. Any new bug reports, code, or grand ideas should be posted in the development thread.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

I woner if you guys could help with install, how do i merge the

In the install doc, 15i catalog/admin/categories.php

// description copy modified to work with Extra Product Fields

$description_query = tep_db_query("select * from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " where products_id 

= '" . (int)$products_id . "'");

while ($description = tep_db_fetch_array($description_query)) {

$description['products_id'] = $dup_products_id;

$description['products_viewed'] = 0;

tep_db_perform(TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION, $description);

}

// end Extra Product Fields

With .....

My catalog/admin/categories.php looks like

$description_query = tep_db_query ("select language_id, 
                                                      products_name, 
                                                      products_description, 
                                                      products_url, 
                                                      products_tab_1, 
                                                      products_tab_2, 
                                                      products_tab_3, 
                                                      products_tab_4, 
                                                      products_tab_5, 
                                                      products_tab_6 
                                             from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " 
                                             where products_id = '" . (int) $products_id . "'
                                           ");
           while ($description = tep_db_fetch_array ($description_query) ) {
// Products Specifications
             tep_db_query ("insert into " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " (products_id, language_id, products_name, products_description, products_url, products_tab_1, products_tab_2, products_tab_3, products_tab_4, products_tab_5, products_tab_6, products_viewed) values ('" . (int) $dup_products_id . "', '" . (int) $description['language_id'] . "', '" . tep_db_input($description['products_name']) . "', '" . tep_db_input ($description['products_description']) . "', '" . tep_db_input ($description['products_url']) . "', '" . tep_db_input ($description['products_tab_1']) . "', '" . tep_db_input ($description['products_tab_2']) . "', '" . tep_db_input ($description['products_tab_3']) . "', '" . tep_db_input ($description['products_tab_4']) . "', '" . tep_db_input ($description['products_tab_5']) . "', '" . tep_db_input ($description['products_tab_6']) . "', '0')");
           }

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " (products_id, categories_id) values ('" . (int)$dup_products_id . "', '" . (int)$categories_id . "')");

// Start Products Specifications
           $specifications_query = tep_db_query ("select specifications_id, 
                                                         language_id, 
                                                         specification 
                                                  from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_SPECIFICATIONS . " 
                                                  where products_id = '" . (int)$products_id . "'
                                                ");
           while ($specifications = tep_db_fetch_array ($specifications_query) ) {
             tep_db_query ("insert into " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_SPECIFICATIONS . " (
                                        products_id,
                                        specifications_id, 
                                        language_id, 
                                        specification) values (
                                        '" . (int) $dup_products_id . "', 
                                        '" . (int) $specifications['specification_description_id'] . "', 
                                        '" . (int)$specifications['language_id'] . "', 
                                        '" . tep_db_input ($specifications['specification']) . "')
                          ");
           } // while ($specifications
// End Products Specifications

This is a merge of the extra fields contrib and the product spec contrib.

Any help welcome!!!!

Simon

Kymation,

Thank you for creating this system. This will be such a great addition to several stores I run. I am in the beginning stages of getting this installed an I have most of the functions working. I have a few questions though about populating the Specifications and the Filters.

Why is it necessary to double enter the data fields for each filter and specification. Am I missing something? The procedure as I see it is to enter the specs for the admin section, then separately enter the exact same information for the filter side, and they have to match perfectly. I can see that there might be a need to have some information in a spec that was not in a filter, but would you ever have a filter than was not a spec? It doesn't appear that the system is set up for that.

I know they are stored in separate tables, but to reduce the amount of entries needed for each Product Specification, it would be nice to combine them somehow, possibly adding a check box field to each spec that says something like "add to filter list also" or "Use as filter".

Just some suggestions. Thanks for all the hard work.

Extra Fields and Product Specifications are not compatible and cannot be combined. Fortunately there's no need to do so. Chose one or the other, whichever meets your needs.

Regards

Jim

It certainly can work with 2.3.1. You'll need to do a file comparison to patch the modified files, since they can't be simply overwritten.

Regards

Jim

There are some screenshots in the User's Manual in the distribution download. If you look back a bit in this thread, some folks have posted links to live stores with PS installed. Be aware that yours may look completely different, as there are a lot of options that change things considerably in the front end.

Regards

Jim

I currently use Meld, and have also used Winmerge. Both are free/open source and will do the job. There are probably several others that will do as well.

Regards

Jim

• 1 month later...

Hi Jim,

All installed okay, but can you help with this, on the admin side the tabs work well, but on the catalog side the tabs are giving the link to #DESC or #DOC or #TAB_1

what have I done wrong?

Aslo could anyone help me to configure the contrib so it displays like image bellow?

Capture.JPG

Also after installing it seems that the STS templates no longer displays properly, is this just me or has anyone else experienced this, and again any ideas on how to fix it? In the product_info page I get the following error

1054 - Unknown column 'approved' in 'where clause'

select count(*) as count from reviews where products_id = '29' and approved = '1'

[TEP STOP]

Many kind regards

Simon

Edited by simaster99

Hi All,

My previous post is now pretty much resolved, apart from,the sts templae part but i think this is just bad editing of the index.php file.

but more importently in the admin/catergoies.php when I am adding a product the specification tab is empty, any ideas on how to resolve this?

Many thanks

Simon

Edited by simaster99

Hi All,

My previous post is now pretty much resolved, apart from,the sts templae part but i think this is just bad editing of the index.php file.

but more importently in the admin/catergoies.php when I am adding a product the specification tab is empty, any ideas on how to resolve this?

The site is at www.top4copiers.co.uk

Many thanks

Simon

Okay another day another update.....

STS template is still broken, but the site without STS is okay, product spec in (as far as I can see) apart from ....

I would still like the filtering to be shown as it is here

Capture.JPG

and the compasison link gives this error, again any help would be welcome!!!

www.top4copiers.co.uk

Simon

Edited by simaster99

The stock filters module is pretty close to what you are showing. I don't understand what you're asking here.

Comparison page error: The error message says that it is looking for the categories_image field in the categories_description table and can't find it. That field is stock in any 2.x version of osCommerce. You'll need to figure out why it's not there and fix it.

Regards

Jim

The stock filters module is pretty close to what you are showing. I don't understand what you're asking here.

Comparison page error: The error message says that it is looking for the categories_image field in the categories_description table and can't find it. That field is stock in any 2.x version of osCommerce. You'll need to figure out why it's not there and fix it.

Regards

Jim

Hi Jim, thats for the heads up on the page error, ill look nto it, this site it fairly heavilty modified...

as for the filter, this screen grab is not from my shop can any one help in cnfiguring the contrib so it displays like

Capture.JPG

many thanks

Simon

Edited by simaster99

• 3 weeks later...

Not yet. You can install this version on 2.3.1 with some modifications. Don't overwrite any existing files -- modify them by comparing the two files. The changes are clearly marked.

Regards

Jim

hey guys,

I may have found a possible bug I loaded in specs 0.5, 1, 1.5, 2, 3, 5, 10, 15, 20 and 30 with a suffix of M, now when I set a filter range of 2 5 10 it can not distinguish the difference between 1 and 10, 2 and 20, 3 and 30. I am sorry I do not have a solution. has anyone had this problem?

Al

The Range class uses the MySQL between comparison function. This should default to either integer or real comparison for numbers. That means your range of 2 -> 5 should return values of 2, 3, and 5, but not 20 or 30. I don't recall seeing this fail the way that you describe.

As a test, try adding the decimal point to your numbers that don't have one. Having a mix of real and integer numbers may be confusing MySQL.

Regards

Jim