• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Simple Multi Image Add-on (Un-Limited) with FancyBox Popups

spooks

Visiting your site the popup comes up fine for me (using ie7) whats your browser?

I don't see any additional images, but what product have u added them to?

I only have one image per item now, this is a new site, and I wanted to test this first.

But your right, when I use google chrome, the image is there in the popup, but IE8 won't show. One of the reasons for the upgrade is because most of the gun shop customers are using IE8.

Any Ideas?

Thanks again.

It's not a beer gut, it's padding for my rock hard abs!

IE8 won't show.

I have been able to duplicate this, its the doctype, use

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">

in place of your current, note the doctype should appear on its own line, not with leading comments!!

Edited by spooks

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

I have been able to duplicate this, its the doctype, use

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">

in place of your current, note the doctype should appear on its own line, not with leading comments!!

Ok, I feel like an idiot.

I replaced the Doctype in product_info,php with the one you gave me and I still have the same problem with IE8.

What am I doing wrong?

thanks again.

Did u read my post?

u have

<!--<a href="http://www.sierragunworks.com/contact_us.php" title="Contact Sales about this Item" target="_self"><strong>Contact Sales</strong></a>--><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">

try:

<DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Issues with IE8

First as mentioned b4 you must have nothing prior to to doctype in the generated html, as that plases the doc in 'quirks' mode

The number of valid doctypes for ie8 is further liumited, use

or

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

You will get a black border around the image as it is zoomed to, to fix:

in js/jquery.fancybox.js find(30):

var isIE = ($.browser.msie && parseInt($.browser.version.substr(0,1)) < 8);

add after:

var isIE8 = ($.browser.msie && parseInt($.browser.version.substr(0,1)) < 9);

find(517):

if (isIE) {

replace with:

if (isIE8) {

thats all you need to do!

Sam

Contributions:

Issues with IE8

First as mentioned b4 you must have nothing prior to to doctype in the generated html, as that plases the doc in 'quirks' mode

The number of valid doctypes for ie8 is further liumited, use

or

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

You will get a black border around the image as it is zoomed to, to fix:

in js/jquery.fancybox.js find(30):

var isIE = ($.browser.msie && parseInt($.browser.version.substr(0,1)) < 8);

add after:

var isIE8 = ($.browser.msie && parseInt($.browser.version.substr(0,1)) < 9);

find(517):

if (isIE) {

replace with:

if (isIE8) {

thats all you need to do!

Thank you.. Now I have the graphic in the box..

But now I get the session error.

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/sierragu/public_html/product_info.php:14) in /home/sierragu/public_html/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 102

Thank you for all your help..

I will keep working on it..

Are you editing with filemanager, very very bad idea!!!

1. u will get hacked http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=313323

2. it will beak your files (this error) http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...=0#entry1432157

u have whitespace at the start of your file, edit with normal editor & ensure there is nothing b4 the first <?php

Edited by spooks

Sam

Contributions:

Nope,

I am using dreamweaver, I have checked all the white space, there are non.

I have checked the session permissions, code, ect. nothing..

When I undo the Doctype, the error goes away, but the graphic in the box does as well. Put the doctype back, the graphic in the box comes back but so does the error..

Here is the code for the first part of the product_info.php

<?php
/*
 $Id: product_info.php 1739 2007-12-20 00:52:16Z hpdl $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/?>
<?php
 require('includes/application_top.php');

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO);

// Simple multi image addon	
$image_group = TINY_IMAGE_GROUP_SIZE; //Number of images to show per row/column
$vertical_format = (ADDITIONAL_IMAGE_FORMAT == 'vertical');  
$product_info_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, p.products_model, p.products_quantity, p.products_image, p.products_image_array, pd.products_url, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, p.products_date_added, p.products_date_available, p.manufacturers_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and pd.products_id = p.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
$product_info = tep_db_fetch_array($product_info_query);
	$products_image_array = unserialize($product_info['products_image_array']);
if (!is_array($products_image_array)) $products_image_array = array();
// EOF Simple multi image addon
?>
<html <?php echo HTML_PARAMS; ?>>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>">

With this I get the error.

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/sierragu/public_html/product_info.php:13) in /home/sierragu/public_html/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 102

I am still trying to get this to work.

I have been thru the application_top.php, and am still going thru all the code to get ride of this..

Thank you for all your help thus far.

P.S. I will be installed all your recomended NON-HACK contrubs when I get this working.. Thanks for the links...

Edited by Allensbayou

You have changed the doctype to

that requires other changes to your site as it is a very strict doctype

use

instead,

if u need to use

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" >

I will be uploading a new version 1.1.5 later with a updates js file that will make things work in ie8 with that last doctype.

Sam

Contributions:

Hey spooke... gr8 work dude.. you rock... I have succeessfully installed the whole contributions and have tried all the three headers in product_info.php page and no other jquery or any other contribution is not installed in ther still

i am able to get the image as the popup but the navigations buttons itself are not coming up..

have a look at my problem at - http://bluwarehouse.com.au/catalog/index.php and go to any product.

thanks man... need it badly.. u rock...

Err, no. But it sounds like i should.

Hi Spooks,

I tried it with the supplied product_info.php - still no extra pics. When I do a new product listing, it says that all of the images have dowloaded, but that's the last I see of them. Maybe I've deleted a vital part when installing another contribution..? Is the Cache Control Error relevent?

Thanks,

pete.

Hi Spooks,

I tried it with the supplied product_info.php - still no extra pics. When I do a new product listing, it says that all of the images have dowloaded, but that's the last I see of them. Maybe I've deleted a vital part when installing another contribution..? Is the Cache Control Error relevent?

Thanks,

pete.

sounds like u have errors in categories.php, related to updateing dbase, again u could try the supplied categories.php

Sam

Contributions:

the navigations buttons itself are not coming up..

the navigations buttons will only appear when there are extra images to havigate to, I don't find any product with extra images.

Your images are quite small!, but also I think u may have some css conflict, as the display don't look as good as it should. (missing shadow/ wrong borders)

Sam

Contributions:

Issues with IE8 :blink:

Microsoft are the pits!! :angry:

The issues with ie8 are due to MS desciding to depreciate dynamic properties in IE8 as it is fully compliant with latest css so no longer needs them, but it is'nt & does!

It still needs the extra code as previous versions (of ie), but that wont work in all possible datatypes, so the only solution I`ve found to guarantee the function is to force ie8 into ie7 mode by adding:

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=EmulateIE7" />

immediatly after the doctype declaration.

Sam

Contributions:

Uploaded new version V1.1.5

1.Fixed errors in the SQL files, I forgot to escape the quotes!!

2.Fixed issue with IE8 (black border/blank popup)

Changed files: product_info.php, SQL files, js/jquery.fancybox.js

Upgrading: Replace those changed or edit existing files to apply changes.

Run the V1 to V1.1 SQL.

Tested on PHP 4 & 5, SQL 4 & 5, osC 2.2 ms2, rc1 & rc2a and is register_globals off compatible.

Sam

Contributions:

sounds like u have errors in categories.php, related to updateing dbase, again u could try the supplied categories.php

Got It Working - Thanks Spooks! A couple of minor problems - the first initial pic now doesn't pop-up, it's blank. I'll read back thru the thread to see if there is something about this. I did lose access to all of my categories & products in my admin area, tho.

Thanks again for your help & patience.

pete.

the fancybox looks awesome, thanks. it was easy to install. i have one issue (im sure its easily fixed)

i uploaded the product_info.php and replaced it over my old one. But now the entire page is messed up - unstructured.

do i just need to copy some of the code in your product_info.php and place it in my old one?? what do i need to do?

thanks

Got It Working - Thanks Spooks! A couple of minor problems - the first initial pic now doesn't pop-up, it's blank. I'll read back thru the thread to see if there is something about this. I did lose access to all of my categories & products in my admin area, tho.

Thanks again for your help & patience.

pete.

What browser are u using?, note there is an update for issues with ie8.

Can u give a link?

Sam

Contributions:

Just a quick question:

If I download the latest version 1.1.5 and follow all the install instructions will I be able to use this contribution 100% or do I need to get any other add-ons? like fancybox or lightbox for example?

thanks in advance :) nice contribution!

do i just need to copy some of the code in your product_info.php and place it in my old one??

Yes, I file compare tool will help, buth there aer'nt many changes to that file anyway.

A file compare tool should make it easy. :)

Sam

Contributions:

do I need to get any other add-ons?

No, its recommended u use oscthumb with this, but it will work fine with nothing else added. ;)

Sam

Contributions:

Spooks, Thanks for all your help!

I finally got it working.. As I thought, my error, and your expert advice got it working..

The Doctype was what was keeping it from working in IE8(MS I hate MS, let's go back to DOS!), and I had commented out some code in the English.php which was being built in the Index.php so the doctype was not the first thing loading.. Once I removed that, and got the correct doctype, it works.. no black boarders, nothing, just the frist install, and the correct doctype.

Now, if I could just get rid of the extra spaces!!!

If anyone else wants to see it working.. Sierra Gun Works working with Simple Multi Image Add-on FancyBox

Just wanted to say thanks again for all your help..

:lol: