• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Simple Multi Image Add-on (Un-Limited) with FancyBox Popups

spooks

I am getting an error,

You need to specify the exact error & which line of code its refering to for me to have any idea wink.gif

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

You need to specify the exact error & which line of code its refering to for me to have any idea wink.gif

Hi Sam

In product_info.php Line 160

echo '<a  rel="image_group" title="'.$title.'" href="' . ($m_source ? $m_source : DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image']) . '" alt="' . htmlentities($product_info['products_name']) . '" target="_blank">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image'], $product_info['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH*2, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT*2, 'hspace="5" vspace="5"') . '</a><br>';

According to W3Scools the ‘ALT’ is not valid

Regards

Ken

just found out the issue I was having was because im using STS templates - I needed to add the <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=EmulateIE7" /> to the .html file of the template, instead of the product_info.php file

Thats also why it wasnt showing the meta when you checked it.

(may want to add that into future docs - a little 'if you use STS templates..' section)

thanks so much for this contribution! :)

Edited by AndrewKay

Hi Sam,

When I run the SQL V1.1.txt in my database I get the following error:

Error

SQL query:

ALTER TABLE `products` ADD `products_image_array` blob;

MySQL said: Documentation

#1060 - Duplicate column name 'products_image_array'

I'm not sure why?

Thanks!

Bradi

Hi Sam,

When I run the SQL V1.1.txt in my database I get the following error:

Error

SQL query:

ALTER TABLE `products` ADD `products_image_array` blob;

MySQL said: Documentation

#1060 - Duplicate column name 'products_image_array'

I'm not sure why?

Thanks!

Bradi

I was able to fix the problem with the SQL. This addon is great!! Thanks for all your hard work. I have one question... would it be possible to add a link under each additional image? I want to add extra images and link to other parts of my site from those images.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Bradi

Hello Sam,

many, many thanks for your great contrib, I´ve installed it and it works and looks great!

I´ve got one question though...

I have already searched this forum and the german forum, but couldn´t find anything related to my case. I experimented a bit with your contrib in a product description and as I saved the changes (one picture added, another already uploaded one deleted), the whole product description got erased. It was still in the product listing in its category, but it had no content. Unfortunately, I have not made screenshots and I cannot reproduce the error.

As it didn´t occur since then, my case isn´t a pressing one, but I do wonder and wanted to ask if a similar error occured to anyone else using this contrib.

Or do you think it could be related to the fact that I had been logged in on the database whilst experimenting? I already searched for this topic too, but no suitable thread...

I would be relieved if this mystery could be solved. I just would like to know if this could happen again, and why.

Oh, and please don´t mind my somewhat adventurous English, I´m from Germany and don´t write in English often...

Many thanks in advance, and again: Sam, thanks for the contrib!

Schotti

Hi Sam

Sorry if this has been asked before – I’ve only read from page 27 where V1.3.5 was uploaded.

I have also read all the instructions but I am still not getting this to work.

I want to keep all the additional images in a separate folder, say

Catalog/images/blob_images/

I can use the drop down and choose the ‘blob_images’ folder. This works fine, but I would like to make this the ‘Default’ folder instead of ‘root directory’ for the additional images

I changed categories.php (line 18) to

$images_dir = DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'blob_images/'; // default catalog images folder; 

Which does not work as images are still saved in the root folder

How do I make a different folder the default one?

Regards

Ken

Hi Sam,

I recently installed the contribution plus and minus buttons (http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6369) onto a site already using Simple Multi Image Add On and now have a conflict with the jquery.

Do you know if a solution has been created to solve this conflict? I did read the thread and noticed many others with jquery conflicts but none for this particular contribution.

Chris

Hi thanks for this contribution. I am getting an error and cannot figure out what is going on with it. I tried doing win merge and could not see the problem. This is the error message that I am getting on the admin side. Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in /home/content/p/a/u/paulki/html/admin/categories.php on line 896. I went over the code hundreds of times but cant seem to get rid of this error message. Here is some of my code from that line. I think it has something to do with this } else { . Thanks for any help.

?>
       </td>
     </tr>
<?php
   }
?>
</table></form>
<?php
 } else {
?>
   <table border="0" summary="" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
     <tr>
       <td><table border="0" summary="" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
         <tr>
           <td class="pageHeading"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></td>
           <td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', 1, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>
           <td align="right"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
             <tr>
               <td class="smallText" align="right">
<?php
   echo tep_draw_form('search', FILENAME_CATEGORIES, '', 'get');
   echo HEADING_TITLE_SEARCH . ' ' . tep_draw_input_field('search');
   echo tep_hide_session_id() . '</form>';
?>
               </td>
             </tr>

Hi Sam,

I recently installed the contribution plus and minus buttons (http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6369) onto a site already using Simple Multi Image Add On and now have a conflict with the jquery.

Do you know if a solution has been created to solve this conflict? I did read the thread and noticed many others with jquery conflicts but none for this particular contribution.

Chris

I had a similar problem with product_info.php with a jQuery horizontal menu that I had installed along with FancyBox. In my case, for whatever reason, simply moving the code for the horizontal menu that was at bottom of <HEAD> in product_info.php to just above the code for FancyBox solved the problem.

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the input. I ended up removing the Multi Image add on. This contribution conflicts with MANY other contributions either in the categories.php file or the product_info.php file so I no longer offer it to my clients as an image modification.

Chris

Edited by Jan Zonjee

Well Obviously someone (not mentioning any names) didn't like my post. I am sorry if I hurt the contributors feelings because I stated my opinion on this contributions conflicts with other contributions. However, it is what it is, MY OPINION.

Chris

In my case, for whatever reason, simply moving the code for the horizontal menu that was at bottom of <HEAD> in product_info.php to just above the code for FancyBox solved the problem.

That is not the correct solution, this issue & solution is detailed in the doc, please read it through. wink.gif

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Thanks, great add-on, had no trouble installing. I did have an issue with the jquery as I have several using that, I took the easy way out though, I just got a fully populated file so that will cover anything else I add that uses it too. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Sam,

can you help me to update to Fancybox 1.3?

I need the possiblility to show .swf files very badly.

A while ago you wrote, that it will come with next update of your addon.

Do you know when you will releaes this update? Perhaps I can help you? Or someone else?

Many thanks

Rainer

Greetings.

There exists an issue with osCsid I haven't been able to get around. This problem only exists when

oscthumb is enabled and session cookies are off.

If I bookmark a product page, clear my browser cache and open up the link -> I click on a product

image and what I get is "forbidden parameter: osCsid" and I need to click on some other link first

so that oscommerce hides the osCsid, but it always appears on the first page load in every link on

the page at the start of a new session, so it's trouble.

Anyway, isn't there a way to make oscthumb simply ignore or remove the "?osCsid=blahblahblah"

part of the url instead of giving this nasty error message? I'm not quite sure if this is the right

forum for this since it's somewhat oscthumb related, so do forgive me if it's a terrible bother.

May the sun shine on you all.

Hi,

I haven't found any references in this topic, so thought I would find out...

I have been going through Spooks' topic How to Secure your site and have read that permissions need to be for folders the highest of 755 and files the highest of 644, so even though I have checked all of thse permissions, I thought I would double check.

To my surprise I found some pictures in the images folder had permissions of 777. They look like the ones I have used with the fancy popups contribution - they are product pictures.

1. Is this suppose to happen?

2. Does it matter if there are jpg's that are 777? (...I don't really want them to be 777)

If anyone has any thoughts...?

Many thanks

Ali

<br />Hi, <br /><br />I haven't found any references in this topic, so thought I would find out...<br /><br />I have been going through Spooks' topic <a href='http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/313323-how-to-secure-your-site/' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow'>How to Secure your site</a> and have read that permissions need to be for folders the highest of 755 and files the highest of 644, so even though I have checked all of thse permissions, I thought I would double check.<br /><br />To my surprise I found some pictures in the images folder had permissions of 777. They look like the ones I have used with the fancy popups contribution - they are product pictures.<br /><br />1. Is this suppose to happen?<br />2. Does it matter if there are jpg's that are 777? (...I don't really want them to be 777)<br /><br />If anyone has any thoughts...?<br /><br />Many thanks <br /><br />Ali<br />
<br /><br /><br />

You need to look at the code in your upload class, that's what sets the permissions for uploaded images, the default setting is 777

Sam

Contributions:

Hello,

This is truly a GREAT contribution! It works well with the oscThumb module! Thank you, Thank you!!

but i have two questions:

1. If set the 777 for the cache folder, does this increase the chances of the web site being hacked?

2. The website fancybox.net/ provides some cool examples such as changing "Different animations - 'fade', 'elastic' and 'none'" and "Different title positions - 'outside', 'inside' and 'over'". I'd like to use the "elastic" and "over" together. Does these presentations can be adjusted in admin control panel? Or this requires other javascript or jQuery?? Where can I find the scripts?

Thanks again!!

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings.

There exists an issue with osCsid I haven't been able to get around. This problem only exists when

oscthumb is enabled and session cookies are off.

If I bookmark a product page, clear my browser cache and open up the link -> I click on a product

image and what I get is "forbidden parameter: osCsid" and I need to click on some other link first

so that oscommerce hides the osCsid, but it always appears on the first page load in every link on

the page at the start of a new session, so it's trouble.

Anyway, isn't there a way to make oscthumb simply ignore or remove the "?osCsid=blahblahblah"

part of the url instead of giving this nasty error message? I'm not quite sure if this is the right

forum for this since it's somewhat oscthumb related, so do forgive me if it's a terrible bother.

May the sun shine on you all.

I have the same error, but I was thinking this it happen for my last contribution installed Ultimate SEO 5. Beginin this point, this contribution not work any more. There is no error, only the fancy box displays "PNG".

So, is there any other way to use Ultimate SEO & SMIA with FB Popups??

Edited by crisrocks

Thanks for the great contribute.

I wish I could be posting here to thank only; but, the expression of gratitude comes w/ a request for help (of course! <_< ).

I have searched thru the forums for an answer.

I have double checked the installation files before finally just uploading and overwriting the existing files in my catalog directory.

2 issues still remain. They may be related:

1. The thumbnails are as large as the pop-up files. They are not thumbnails (n.b. I have successfully installed OscThumb; but, it does not appear to have helped).

2. Admin/images does not list all of the settings outlined in the Doc under Instructions (see screenshot below).

scrnshot.gif

Do you have any thoughts on what I may have done incorrectly? Thanks in advance for your help.

1. The thumbnails are as large as the pop-up files. They are not thumbnails (n.b. I have successfully installed OscThumb; but, it does not appear to have helped).

2. Admin/images does not list all of the settings outlined in the Doc under Instructions (see screenshot below).

I have uninstalled all the way back to OSCommerce and am slooowly adding in each Contribute. It's sloooowly b/c I am quadruple checking each stage.

I encountered another "apparent" anomaly. Some of the code instructions in the Word file are different from the code in the included PHP.

For example, the snippet below is from the Word doc:

$m_source = ''; $thumb = (class_exists('oscthumb') && CFG_MASTER_SWITCH == 'On'); if ($thumb) { preg_match('/"([^"]+)"/',htmlentities ( tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image'],'','','','','',5), ENT_NOQUOTES), $image);  $m_source=str_replace('&','&',$image[1]); }
 echo '<a  rel="image_group" title="'.$title.'" href="' . ($m_source ? $m_source : DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image']) . '" alt="' . $product_info['products_name'] . '" target="_blank">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image'], $product_info['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT, 'hspace="5" vspace="5"', false, 5) . '<br /></a>'; 
              if(!$vertical_format) { echo ''; $row = 1; reset($products_image_array); foreach($products_image_array as $value) { 
						 if ($thumb) {

Here's that same snippet from the PHP doco: (around line 124)

$m_source = ''; $thumb = (class_exists('oscthumb') && CFG_MASTER_SWITCH == 'On'); if ($thumb) { preg_match('/"([^"]+)"/',htmlentities ( tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image'],'','','','','',5), ENT_NOQUOTES), $image);  $m_source=str_replace('&','&',$image[1]); }
 echo '<a  rel="image_group" title="'.$title.'" href="' . ($m_source ? $m_source : DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image']) . '" alt="' . $product_info['products_name'] . '" target="_blank">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image'], $product_info['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT, 'hspace="5" vspace="5"') . '</a><br />'; 
              if(!$vertical_format) { 
						 		echo ''; $row = 1; reset($products_image_array); 
								foreach($products_image_array as $value) { 
						 					if ($thumb) {

So far it's only product_info.php that seems to have this discrepancy.

The dilemma is this: which one is the correct version? Or does it not matter? I do not possess sufficient php know-how to determine the answer.

Edited by kthursto

Thanks for the great contribute.

I wish I could be posting here to thank only; but, the expression of gratitude comes w/ a request for help (of course! <_< ).

I have searched thru the forums for an answer.

I have double checked the installation files before finally just uploading and overwriting the existing files in my catalog directory.

2 issues still remain. They may be related:

scrnshot.gif

Do you have any thoughts on what I may have done incorrectly? Thanks in advance for your help.

SOLVED: The issue was w/ the SQL import. I am posting the solution for anyone coming after who may encounter the same problem.

The author of this contribute is correct when he says to recheck the install if there is an issue.

I reinstalled everything from scratch including OSCommerce. HOWEVER, the issue was specifically w/ SQL insert. So if you have this same problem, you may NOT need to install everything from scratch. Just check to see if everything was imported correctly on the SQL side.

There are 2 files for SQL, import BOTH of them.

Edited by kthursto

This is a nice contrib. I've got it all working, but there is one problem.

I'm using More Pics 6 now. This contribution uses 6 extra columns in the products table to store each image.

I'd like to have those images in the column products_image_array from the table products for this nice contrib. Is there anyway to get this done by any script or so? Since i've about 2000 products in my store, with an average of 2-3 sometimes 4 pictures per product.

Sorry for my poor English. :'(

Edited by boelie2001