• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Sitemap generator

starcarlton

I use the sitemap generator at auditmypc.com - have used it for years on all my other non oscommerce sites.

In one particular website - I have my oscommerce store in a folder like the install catalog --

example: http:www.digitalcorpse.com/oscommerce/

The sitemap generator will not pick up any of the product pages on the oscommerce program - and I can not figure out why.

I removed the robots.txt file from inside oscommerce -and added the suggested blocked paths to the main robots.txt located in my root folder.

Any ideas on why it is not grabbing all of the product pages??

I tried another sitemap generator - same thing happened.

Thanks !!

Try the Google Sitemap contribution in my Addons. It will generate the correct links and handle the submission of the sitemaps so you never have to give it another thought.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Try the Google Sitemap contribution in my Addons. It will generate the correct links and handle the submission of the sitemaps so you never have to give it another thought.

Jack

Thanks - I will check it out - but..

Your contribution might be good for a stand alone store - but my store is in a folder inside a site - so I need all the other files added to the sitemap as well.

I removed the robots.txt file from the oscommerce program - but added the suggested disallow files to the robots file in my root -

I just can't figure out why a sitemap generator is not seeing the oscommerce files - it finds all of my other files - ???

Sitemap generators on the web aren't built to handled oscommerce files properly, in most cases. Someone recently mentioned a program by google named GSiteCrawler. It's purpose if to create the sitemaps for the whole site and it does it in the proper way. It's disadvantage is that the maps are not genereated automatically so it is an extra job for you to keep track of that. But that is what you are doing now anyway so that won't be any different for you.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Archived