• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Links Manager

sbrown64

Hi,

I'm wondering if there's any documentation on how to use the Links Manager add on.

Do you put your site in the "Website Details" or the site you want to link with? Same question regarding the Reciprocal Page Details - is that where you put your site details or theirs?

Thanks!

I must say there are many aspects of Links Manager that I found awkward to use, its also over fussy with input in admin.

for those reasons i changed to Reciprocal Links http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6099

A much simpler & easy to install package which is very easy to use.

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

Hi,

I'm wondering if there's any documentation on how to use the Links Manager add on.

Do you put your site in the "Website Details" or the site you want to link with? Same question regarding the Reciprocal Page Details - is that where you put your site details or theirs?

Thanks!

You put your site information in the Links Exchange section in admin. That shows up in the Links Submit page on the site. When someone wants to exchange links with you, they copy that information and put it on their site. The reciprocal code will then check their site for the phase in that code that you setup in the admin->Configuration->Links settings. If oyu want to add a link to some other site, you can do that in admin->Links.

By the way, questions specific to a contribution should always be asked in the support thread for that contribution.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons