• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Product version add-on?

rjvbeek

Hey everyone!

New at this forum, i usually use the standard OSCommerce webshop but not this time... I'm working on a webshop for a painter and he's selling different types and brands of paint. The tricky thing is, every different type of paint is sold in different colours (obviously hehe). So, customers select paint and then get a choice for a colour. Do you guys know if there is an add-on that can do this for me of do i have to build it myself? It would by the way be ideal if a customer could select the colour he wants and then select the paint in that colour directly... But that might be too much to ask ;)

Cheers for the effort guys

If you want to choose the color from a drop down list, Product Attributes are part of the base install. If you want to show pictures of the colors (may appear differently to the customer because of monitor settings), you could look for the Options as Images contribution. If you need inventory tracking, check out QT Pro.

An alternative option would be to install Master Products or one of the similar contributions. This would allow you to show multiple products on one product info page. It would offer images and track inventory.

Always back up before making changes.