• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

looking for a way to track admin changes

Hello, I have rc2a and I was curious if there was a way to tweek Oscommerce to somehow notify me of all my changes that I made in the admin area for a period of time? If not all changes and updates, maybe text changes on my product descriptions and pricing? Thank you so much for the help as I am desperate for a solution.

Are these changes that you are going to make in the future or changes that you made in the past? To set up tracking in the future would require code changes but is certainly doable. There may be a contribution for it, but if so, I don't know what it is.

If you want to see changes that were made in the past, say when your nephew decided to edit some of your descriptions for you, you can do this in phpMyAdmin with a query like

SELECT pd . *
FROM `products` p, products_description pd
WHERE p.`products_id` = pd.`products_id`
AND `products_last_modified` > '2009-07-07 22:40:29'

Change the date/time to whatever is appropriate for you.

Always back up before making changes.

Are these changes that you are going to make in the future or changes that you made in the past? To set up tracking in the future would require code changes but is certainly doable. There may be a contribution for it, but if so, I don't know what it is.

If you want to see changes that were made in the past, say when your nephew decided to edit some of your descriptions for you, you can do this in phpMyAdmin with a query like

SELECT pd . *
FROM `products` p, products_description pd
WHERE p.`products_id` = pd.`products_id`
AND `products_last_modified` > '2009-07-07 22:40:29'

Change the date/time to whatever is appropriate for you.

Thanks for the tip Matt. These are changes for the future. But your advice on past events can work in the same light. If you happen to come across anything please shoot me a hala!

Thanks again and hope your week is good

Archived