• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How can I remove featured products from the index.php page?

smartpartspc

I have been browsing this forum for about a month now and have yet to find a way to remove the featured products from my web page. The reason I want to remove this is because I want to replace it with some info about my shop and the services I provide. I want this to show up only on the index.php page.

I have tried putting "//" in front of <td><?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_NEW_PRODUCTS); ?></td> with no luck.

I can edit the header.php page to show info on my shop, but then the problem is that it shows up on all the web pages (because it's the header page..DUH to me). Can someone please help?

click HERE to view my website

Thanks in advance to call

Cheers,

James

I have tried putting "//" in front of <td><?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_NEW_PRODUCTS); ?></td> with no luck.

Try putting the // before the include so it loks like

<td><?php //include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_NEW_PRODUCTS); ?></td>

As for editing the text that you want, you need to edit the includes/language/english/index.php page. That is assuming that you have one, as you site looks like a template.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

I tried:

<td><?php //include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_NEW_PRODUCTS); ?></td>

and still no go. The products keep showing up. Also tried editing the includes/language/english/index.php page, but when I do, the info shows way above the header of the web page. Not sure what i am doing wrong.

OK, so I just deleted the info that was on the includes/modules/new_products.php so that it is a blank page. Seems to have worked. Browsed through the website and all seems good. So the featured product issue is resolved.

Now, how do I enter my store info right below the pic of the PC and the nvidia banner and to the right of the intel and amd banner? I am using dreamweaver cs4 (for what it's worth) and I can just add a table and then enter the HTML code for the info I want to enter, but what page do I edit to accomplish this?

Hope I was clear. I re-read this like 4 times and almost confused myself :)

Sorry for the misunderstanding. The goal was to remove the new products from the index.php page, which I did. What I want is to be able to enter HTML content right below the pic of the PC and the nvidia banner and to the right of the intel and amd banner. I want this info to show only on index.php. Sorry for the confusion.

I got everything figured out.

Thank you 14steve14 for pointing me in the right direction!

Can you tell me how you solved your problem? I would also like to put a blurb about my site on the front page rather than have the new products show up. thanks

Archived