• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Authorize.net New SIM method included in OSC - how to set up

ryans1000

I'm having the same problems using the built in method. That is to say, I get a very generic error message. I've tried inserting the code that will print out the error codes, but it happens exactly like aspen described. And yes, I *did* go back and change it to lower case. Can someone who has this debug code working print it out exactly as it appears for them? Without the debug messages I have no idea whats wrong or what to tell support. I really appreciate it.

If I can't get authorize.net to start accepting transactions soon, I'm in deep poo.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks to ryans1000 for answering an email on this. It turns out that for whatever reason, the authorize.net stuff didn't like me trying to pin down the exact page that was processing the request. So instead I just backed up to https://www.mydomain.com and used that twice in the authorize.net setup and it started working fine. Strange, but if anyone else has this problem, give it a try.

Hi everyone,

Authorize.net still supports the basic POST method without altering anything and it works just fine.

Simply enalable "Weblink" in your authorize.net settings page and dont forget to enter in your shopping carts domain URL as a "Referrer URLs" on your Authorize.net weblink settings page and you're set.

-Dean

Isn't that the method that they are phasing out though? When I was putting this together, I remember seeing something about it going away and a warning to get AIM or SIM working.

They don't seem to be advertising Weblink as an option anymore either, so I would bet it's only a matter of time before they make good on their word and stop supporting it.

http://www.authorizenet.com/solutions/

I just got my authorize.net account set up and learned the payment module in my version doesn't work (v 1.100 2002/11/04 I think). Anyhow, I searched the forums and found this thread and thought I had the answer. Unfortunately, when I downloaded the contribution and followed the instructions, I got an error when turning on th enew payment module:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_cfg_pull_down_order_statuses() in /home/www1/fourthehardway.com/htdocs/shop/catalog/admin/modules.php(210) : eval()'d code on line 1

This is beyond the scope of my knowledge. I considered upgrading to the latest snapshot, but I've done extensive code changes to the look/feel part of my shop and would rather not have to redo it all.

Can someone please help?

Thank you.

P.S. I also noticed when doing the 'add relay response' segment of the instructions, on the response reciept, there's are radio buttons to select the method (link, post, get) as well as a text field for 'link text'. there was no mention of this in the instructions and was wondering about it.

I'm dying here and can't afford to wait too much longer.

I'll go on record here by saying...

I'll pay the first person that can get me to the point of successfully processing an actual credit card through athorize.net a $100 (US dollars) reward for their efforts.

if you think you can help please post here or pm me.

thanks...

Please, anyone?!

Surely there's someone who's solved this issue and I'm not the only one that's trying to patch the authorize.net module in a pre-milestone snapshot?

I dont have much, but I'd be happy to pay $100 to whoever can get me rolling...

Please....

Alright, I got the function issue fixed. The module appears to be installed correctly, but it gets an error when it tries to do a transaction.

The following errors have occurred.(13) The merchant login ID or password is invalid or the account is inactive.

This seems to at least be the same issue many other people have had so maybe I can figure it out rereading old threads. Anyhow, if anyone has any advice I'd sure appreciate it.

I'm still stuck. Been banging my head against the wall for the fourth day, not to mention waiting two days with no response on this forum.

somebody must know how to solve this. please, please help. I'm about to delete this entire shopping cart and start over with a commercial version.

I have a very basic question concerning SIM and osc 2.2. I don't have access to a secure server, so I have to use SIM and to request the secure payment form from authorizenet.

I've read through so many posts with even a walkthrough in one post to configure osc2.2 with SIM.... but my experience is this:

1. When I hit the "Continue" button on the checkout_shipping.php page, I need to retrieve the secure payment form from authorizenet - so the user can enter cc info securely - not the osc checkout_payment.php page.

2. I have been able to hack the checkout_shipping.php page so that upon hitting the "Continue" button, the secure payment form from authorizenet comes up and I continue from there, but I'm concerned because I have not read any posts describing this problem.

Am I missing something basic here?

• 2 weeks later...
To set up SIM just go to Authorize.net to the 'settings' page and than to the 'transaction response' page and add your 'Receipt URL' and add your 'Relay Response URL'.  These two URLs should be the paths to your 'checkout_process.php' OSC page.  Than, still on Authorize.net, go back to 'settings' and 'Security' and 'Obtain Transaction Key' and once you get the key...enter it in the Admin section of OSC.  In the Admin seciton of OCS go to 'Modules' -> 'Payment'  and 'Authorize.net' and it's pretty self explanatory from there.

ryans1000,

:?: Is it absolutely necessary to add the path to 'checkout_process.php' in both 'Receipt URL' and 'Relay Response URL' in Authorize.net? I setup with my Transaction Key and orders complete fine all the way to the end giving me the page where it says order was completed and received. All order emails send out fine and everything. Right now I am testing this without a secure server, but plan to use my own secure server in the future for multiple stores (so I only have to buy one certificate).

Now if I do have to set both 'Receipt URL' and 'Relay Response URL' and if I use one secure server for more than one store, will I be able to add paths for each seperate store under both 'Receipt URL' and 'Relay Response URL'? It looks to me that you can only add one URL for each. Seeing that it works for me without adding these is it really necessary? Perhaps I'm missing something here on why it's needed.

As of right now I'm not even sure if it's possible to use one secure server for multiple stores because I haven't gotten that far yet and perhaps I'll need to start a new thread for that. But if you can give some quick insight before I delve further into that area it would be much appreciated. :D

IT WORKS!  it wasnt the setup on auth.net nor the cart setup.  it was the time on the server!  all i ahd to do was adjust the server timestam so it wasnt 3.5 hours ahead of the auth.net timezone setting.  yay!  thanks for everyones help on this thread and all the others i read.

How do you change the time stamp? What do I need to tell my web host to do?

• 2 months later...

when ever i try to do a transaction with authoriz.net all it does is takes me back to www.domain.com/store/login.php

and logs me out so if i log back in to see if anything was purchased all it does is just keep taking me out over and over again i went to authoriz.net for support and he said something about my script was not taking me to the right page. can anyone tell me or email me excatly how they got authorize.net to work correctly as this will not work for me. thanks

steven

I can't seem to get the authorize.net module to work. The transaction will go through to them but the order total when it leaves our site and goes to authorize.net that order total changes to a different amount. Does anyone have any idea what is causing this?

THanks

Mike

Archived