• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

google penalizes online oscommerce stores

lukec

Hi everyone,

Has anyone noticed that recently google has penalized all oscommerce online stores?

I started by putting in keywords that I know into google.com and on the first 3 pages (that's all I checked) there were no oscommerce stores.

I then started typing in more specific keywords, like model numbers of products. Usually, when you enter in a model number its because you are looking to buy. Well the same thing happened, no oscommerce stores. Just a bunch or review or shoping comparision sites, doted with some other sites. It also looks like non-oscommerce stores have not been effected, only oscommerce have been removed from google.

Just to make thing a little more complicated, it looks like if your domain name ranks for a keyword, it has been left there. But any other urls from your store have been penalized and/or removed.

Has anyone else noticed this with google.com?

cheers

Lukec

google does not penalize oscommerce sites. how do you know with certainty the top sites aren't running osc? a lot of shop owners heavily customize & remove the oscommerce links from the footer.

on the flip side, for the occasional query i have seen some of the most crappy oscommerce sites rank pretty high. by crappy, i mean they do no customization aside from changing the osc banner in the header and remove the default products.

Archived